Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Luck really (713 this year, 3000 last). But if you really want group events you need a whole bunch of people going for it - our group does TD and thankfully one of our members got 80. That stuff sells out quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I forgot about this until just now and am #6188. Whoo!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Jesus. loving. Christ. My wife: "everything's cued up on my computer." Then without telling me, she shuts down her computer. In the time it took me to boot and load the goddamn page, we're 5862. If she hadn't gotten us within the first 20 minutes of the hotel lottery, I'd divorce her rear end over this.

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
Almost 3k in line and most of the events I wanted are already sold out :negative:

I'm ALSO stuck at the airport :qq:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

One day I'll get to play Dread. One day :negative:

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
One thing I did last year though is check the event poo poo during the con. I was able to easily get in to a Call of Cthulhu game and many others that will no doubt be sold out right now. Also showing up with generics you can get in to many games, especially 8 AM ones with sleepy gamers registering.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Syntaxed posted:

One thing I did last year though is check the event poo poo during the con. I was able to easily get in to a Call of Cthulhu game and many others that will no doubt be sold out right now. Also showing up with generics you can get in to many games, especially 8 AM ones with sleepy gamers registering.

Yeah this, don't be discouraged by the events vanishing, you'll probably get into 9/10 of the things you want with generics

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Is it normal to be stuck on one number for a long time?

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Refresh the page. That means there's something wrong.
Or, rather, open a new tab. Don't refresh the important one.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Didn't not get into your gamma world game moles, what a popular goonman you are.

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.
Anyone know how long it'd take to go from 3104 to 0? I gotta leave in 4.5 hours and I'm pretty sure it's rude to be on my phone confirming ticket purchase while out with my in-laws for late Mothers' Day.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Radio Free Walrus posted:

Refresh the page. That means there's something wrong.
Or, rather, open a new tab. Don't refresh the important one.

Yeah, a new tab had me at a better number, but one of my wish list events is gone.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Texibus posted:

Didn't not get into your gamma world game moles, what a popular goonman you are.

Apparently no one did - show up anyway. Last year I think 1 person who signed up actually turned up and the rest were goons with generics.

I say that but like 8 people on the GroupMe wanna get in on it so I'm gonna need a big fuckin table.

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015

Neveth posted:

Anyone know how long it'd take to go from 3104 to 0? I gotta leave in 4.5 hours and I'm pretty sure it's rude to be on my phone confirming ticket purchase while out with my in-laws for late Mothers' Day.

You'll most likely be in the cart before 4.5 hours passes. We've gotten up to.... about 1k in roughly 25 minutes.

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
Dear people ahead of me in line,

Stop picking my events and hurry the f up.

TIA

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I can't complain, my one buddy loving nabbed watch the skies (been dying to try that out), true dungeon, and an AEG game night. So other than playing one RPG I'm pretty set.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I got my infinity, FFG in flight report, and AGOT Joust championship. Everything else I'll discover via zeitgeist and generics

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Wife got two escape rooms bought out for our group and some other stuff. I'm still waiting on mine :toot:

Have they always blocked off conflicting times for buying tickets? I definitely remember making mistakes and having stuff for the same time, but this year it looks like they're shutting people out if there are time conflicts.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

45 minutes in, finally got through - only one event I wanted was gone, but I figure we can just show up to that.

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Hooray for 45 something TD tickets. Boo for sold out escape rooms.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

FUN FACT the system won't add tickets to your cart if you have overlapping events. It will also reset your place in the line if you take anything OFF of your wishlist.

So I'm completely hosed and not very happy right now :suicide:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Carteret posted:

I got my infinity, FFG in flight report, and AGOT Joust championship. Everything else I'll discover via zeitgeist and generics

Hey Hey whats up fellow infinity player! I got into Human Sphere N3 as well!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Ah gently caress. I forgot about this (also I was taking care of sick baby goats and an infant, so, you know, priorities). Still, I was able to find some last minute events to throw in there, and now I'm at 4000ish.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Exmond posted:

Hey Hey whats up fellow infinity player! I got into Human Sphere N3 as well!

:hfive:
I'm really excited to listen to a few Spaniards murder the english language while showing us slides of awesome cyber-anime mans.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

There is no way to tell the system which conflicting events you want over others. I am pretty pissed off at this now.

My Priority 1 event hasn't been added to my cart because it conflicts with another event, and the only way to deal with it is to process my whole wishlist a third loving time. This is utterly screwed.

edit; ok, nope, its just completely screwed on my end. I have no Saturday events but no matter what it refuses to process any saturday events.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 15, 2016

Stardunk
Jan 19, 2009
Clicked right at noon, it said I was #1 but then moved to something like 1840. Still managed to get my two True Dungeon tickets I really wanted, and one of the RPGs. Didn't get a ticket to Goon Mad Max though :(

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
I got #4600 or so, as did 3 others from my group. But the last person got #400 and bought everything for everyone. Gencon success.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Just a reminder to people who didn't get into things: keep checking back from time to time. There are groups of people that have everyone buy a ton of tickets, figure out what they want to do, then release the ones they don't need.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Do we have a 2016 thread yet? So far:

http://bit.ly/1NuSXeN - Spreadsheet for finding people to do team events

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Turns out i didn't get that watch the skies, which is a bummer.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Had shizz to do today, couldn't afford to wait to get from #6000 or so to 1 at 12:15pm, so I closed my window and took off. Ten hours later, I have missed out on all the giant catan and king of tokyo tickets, but got my x-wing and armada stuff just fine. Snagged some generics just in case, and I'm not mad about it. I did have some stuff drop from my cart when I went to my wishlist processing thingy though, and it was probably that timing thing you guys are talking about bumping some events out. Weird.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
I've never tried showing up at sold out events with generics, but last year I ran my first Gen Con tabletop, and two of the players didn't show and one unexpected player came with generics.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Reynold posted:

Had shizz to do today, couldn't afford to wait to get from #6000 or so to 1 at 12:15pm, so I closed my window and took off. Ten hours later, I have missed out on all the giant catan and king of tokyo tickets, but got my x-wing and armada stuff just fine. Snagged some generics just in case, and I'm not mad about it. I did have some stuff drop from my cart when I went to my wishlist processing thingy though, and it was probably that timing thing you guys are talking about bumping some events out. Weird.

You can play Giant KoT without tickets no problem. Last year it ran for like 5 hours on Sunday outside the con and anyone that walked up could have a go.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

You can play Giant KoT without tickets no problem. Last year it ran for like 5 hours on Sunday outside the con and anyone that walked up could have a go.

This makes me happy to hear.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

There is no way to tell the system which conflicting events you want over others. I am pretty pissed off at this now.

My Priority 1 event hasn't been added to my cart because it conflicts with another event, and the only way to deal with it is to process my whole wishlist a third loving time. This is utterly screwed.

edit; ok, nope, its just completely screwed on my end. I have no Saturday events but no matter what it refuses to process any saturday events.

That's supposed to be the entire point of the priority system on the wish list according to everything I've seen: if you swing and miss at something in your early priority, a later priority can take that time slot, but if you get the earlier priority event, it'll skip processing the later events that conflict.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

fordan posted:

That's supposed to be the entire point of the priority system on the wish list according to everything I've seen: if you swing and miss at something in your early priority, a later priority can take that time slot, but if you get the earlier priority event, it'll skip processing the later events that conflict.

Yeah, it wasn't doing that at all.

I had a Luchador game as my #1, which was open with a ticket free. When I processed it it skipped over that event because it said I had a conflict, then did the same thing on every other event I had. I have no idea why this is, I had nothing on Saturday. I missed that event but adding them to my cart directly seems to work ok.

No idea. It was mad screwy for me this year, I'm over it now but I was pretty peeved at the time.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I got into most of the events I wanted, which seems cool.
LOTR LCG based ones were the biggie for me. But I also wanted to demo Scythe. I clicked the second I could and got about 3000th in line, by the time I was like 1500 basically every session of scythe was sold out O_O

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

For those who are interested, Arc Dream's Delta Green games just hit the event catalog.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
457 new events were posted.. More oblivaeon demos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Exmond posted:

457 new events were posted.. More oblivaeon demos!

So, how do I drop events to get into a new one?

• Locked thread