Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

colas posted:

What's good aftershave balm or cream for dry/itchy neck skin?

Nivea sorted all that out for me. It isn't that expensive as you don't have to use much of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I'm about to move into a house with all hardwood floors. What's the best products to clean and maintain wood (it's mostly bamboo)? Steam mop (or is that bad)? I have a dog who is a nervous pee-er so cleaning products that will protect are a huge plus.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I just watched that movie on Netflix about pro LoL players, anyone know which BenQ monitors they use and why?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Uhhhhh...

:what:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm about to move into a house with all hardwood floors. What's the best products to clean and maintain wood (it's mostly bamboo)? Steam mop (or is that bad)? I have a dog who is a nervous pee-er so cleaning products that will protect are a huge plus.

Nature's Miracle for hardwood floors and Murphy's Oil Soap will be your friends. I also wet swiffer after vacuuming once a week or so.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

colas posted:

I just watched that movie on Netflix about pro LoL players, anyone know which BenQ monitors they use and why?

They use whatever they send them because they are their sponsors?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It's probably this one and the why is because it is 144Hz.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doghouse posted:

Uhhhhh...

:what:

It's a deep cut copypaste from a really old SA thread.

Man I miss effort comedy. Margarita machine threads were the tits

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I need a recommendation for a small vacuum with a powerhead on it that absolutely will get the loving dog hair out of my car upholstery. Budget $60.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I'd suggest this brush and suck up the hair it removes with a regular vacuum.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Recommendations for comfortable work shoes? I do a shitload of driving and walking. Non-slip isn't necessary and looks don't matter that much.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Geoj posted:

I'd suggest this brush and suck up the hair it removes with a regular vacuum.

Oh nice. Hadn't even considered that. It works pretty well on standard car interiors?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Recommendations for comfortable work shoes? I do a shitload of driving and walking. Non-slip isn't necessary and looks don't matter that much.

This, but non slip. Thanks!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Oh nice. Hadn't even considered that. It works pretty well on standard car interiors?

Works pretty well on any surface. 10/10, would buy again, etc.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

All the guys in the warehouse at work wear New Balance 990. Its kinda cult like.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I like the New Balance Minimus because it's flat, has no arch support, and realistically no padding.

It's far more comfortable than trying to stand on those squishy-rear end foam wedges that most "comfort" shoes are now.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Best Gaming Headphones with a Microphone?

I've found in the past that headphones I get press my ears in to tightly or make my ears sweaty. Not sure what are the good brands out there.

Around or under $100 CAD if possible.

EDIT: Wirecutter seems to like these: https://www.amazon.ca/HyperX-Cloud-...ag=thewire0f-20

Can anyone weigh in?

m.hache has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Apr 29, 2016

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

m.hache posted:

I've found in the past that headphones I get press my ears in to tightly or make my ears sweaty. Not sure what are the good brands out there.

Steelseries Siberia v2 are a pretty solid choice. Or you could spend even more for some Sennhesiers or something.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Etrips posted:

Steelseries Siberia v2 are a pretty solid choice. Or you could spend even more for some Sennhesiers or something.

Nice. I'll keep those in the hopper. I'm going to try the Kingston ones and if I don't like them immediately I'll swap them for those.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I really like this mouse: ttp://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Marathon-3-Year-Battery/dp/B0034XRDUA

Mainly because it lasts almost a year on 2 AAs. Im looking for a wireless keyboard with similar long lasting usage. Full keyboard with numpad.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

m.hache posted:

EDIT: Wirecutter seems to like these: https://www.amazon.ca/HyperX-Cloud-...ag=thewire0f-20

Can anyone weigh in?

I have those. Comfort is A+, sound quality is a solid B+. Mic is a little weird, but perfectly servicable. I got them to replace some Logitech G35s and I would consider it an upgrade.

If they are what you decide on, also look for a set called Takstar Pro 80. The Hyper-X is a rebrand of those and either one may be the more expensive of the two depending your region. Also, don't buy the Hyper-X 2, get the first version.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Any advice on a cushion to stick on an office chair? Hopefully something without a hump in the middle, more flat or super soft.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Danger Mahoney posted:

I have those. Comfort is A+, sound quality is a solid B+. Mic is a little weird, but perfectly servicable. I got them to replace some Logitech G35s and I would consider it an upgrade.

If they are what you decide on, also look for a set called Takstar Pro 80. The Hyper-X is a rebrand of those and either one may be the more expensive of the two depending your region. Also, don't buy the Hyper-X 2, get the first version.

Thanks.

Another thing came to mind:

Anyone know of a audio KVM so I can just switch between speakers and headphones? I can't seem to find anything simple via amazon.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

m.hache posted:

Thanks.

Anyone know of a audio KVM so I can just switch between speakers and headphones? I can't seem to find anything simple via amazon.

Are you using a PC with realtek onboard audio? If so there's a zero cost way to achieve this.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Danger Mahoney posted:

Are you using a PC with realtek onboard audio? If so there's a zero cost way to achieve this.

Unfortunately no.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

m.hache posted:

Thanks.

Use a y-splitter and turn down whatever you're not using.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Danger Mahoney posted:

It's a deep cut copypaste from a really old SA thread.

Man I miss effort comedy. Margarita machine threads were the tits

The problem is when you find out people took you seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBm04npLu6I

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
Does anyone have any experience with the knockoff Eames lounge chairs on Amazon? I really want the genuine article but I feel like maybe 4 grand on a chair might be hitting diminishing returns. I would totally drop a grand on a decently comfortable chair that would just go in my room and that only I would see though.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

I have Redwing model 8600's. Very comfortable shoes. Redwings size differently than other manufacturers so definitely go to a Redwing shoe store.

It doesn't look like they make this model anymore but you could always call them and ask or buy any of their elastic sided boots. I couldn't find a picture online but they're what I used to call welders boots as a kid. Amazing for standing on concrete. I've been wearing this pair since 2003 and they still have the original soles. I don't wear them every single day, but most days. Good for walking and driving. They're pull-on, low elastic sided, and non-slip. I've had them so long that my shoe sized has changed. They stretch out just fine though.

Redwings are less of a shoe than a relationship. Trust me, if anything is wrong, Redwing will fix it. If the leather splits, they'll mail you a new pair. It isn't an explicit warranty, just a handshake, but they will always ensure that you have a lifetime relationship with your shoes.

p.s. I like shoes

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

My old 1987-vintage microwave oven just gave up the ghost, and google tells me it's a very bad idea to even attempt to repair one.

Are there any must-have features that I should be looking for in a replacement microwave? Or are all of them of a given size and power level pretty much the same?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

My old 1987-vintage microwave oven just gave up the ghost, and google tells me it's a very bad idea to even attempt to repair one.

Are there any must-have features that I should be looking for in a replacement microwave? Or are all of them of a given size and power level pretty much the same?

I would recommend getting one with a decent amount of power. The last one I bought was low, I think sub-1000w, I would get at least 1000w for my next one.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Get one that is 1500W or close to it, or it will seem low powered. Panasonics can actually adjust power output for lower power levels, instead of turning on and off repeatedly.

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Get a toaster oven and be glad the flavor-destroying machine is gone.

Comatoast has a new favorite as of 14:56 on May 4, 2016

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So many electric toothbrushes out there... what's the most economical option without sacrificing essential functionality?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
What's a good pair of bluetooth iem headphones? I'd be willing to go up to $100 and they'd primarily be used doing chores inside and outside the house.

I got a pair of JLab Epic headphones that had Bluetooth connectivity issues (as did the replacement pair I received) so I'm looking for something with a rock solid Bluetooth connection.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

baquerd posted:

So many electric toothbrushes out there... what's the most economical option without sacrificing essential functionality?

Oral-B Pro 1000. $50 and does what you need it to do. It goes for 2 minutes and vibrates every 30 seconds to signal you to change mouth quadrants. You really don't need anything else.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Thwomp posted:

What's a good pair of bluetooth iem headphones? I'd be willing to go up to $100 and they'd primarily be used doing chores inside and outside the house.

I got a pair of JLab Epic headphones that had Bluetooth connectivity issues (as did the replacement pair I received) so I'm looking for something with a rock solid Bluetooth connection.

jaybird x2. use it for the gym, works great, sounds pretty good, looks like its built pretty well.

SaltLick posted:

Oral-B Pro 1000. $50 and does what you need it to do. It goes for 2 minutes and vibrates every 30 seconds to signal you to change mouth quadrants. You really don't need anything else.

I had one of the earlier oral b ones like 10 years ago and those fuckers were so loud I went back to just using good old toothbrushes. philips sonicares are the first ones i've been tempted to get (the newer oral b's still feel pretty janky)

My friend got this: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Sonic...s=sonicare+kids to replace a sonicare 3 series that died right after the warranty expired. it works just as well and as quietly, just less functions. you don't have to put those stickers on and the bigger sized brushes are compatible with it

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thwomp posted:

I got these a few weeks back:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01D110ZVI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The over the ear hooks are great for running. Sound is pretty decent and I've walked about 15ft away from my phone without them cutting out.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

baquerd posted:

The two big names in electric toothbrushes are Oral B and Sonicare. Both have multiple models at different price points and both are worlds better than a manual toothbrush. You're really not going wrong either way. Even for the cheaper models of brush, you're mainly sacrificing bells and whistles, not actual brushing power. Last I checked, the second most expensive model for each brush is probably where I'd go, but I'm a weirdo who likes silly bullshit like a toothbrush with Bluetooth capabilities. Cheaper models will still be good brushes.

I'd say the big difference between the two brands, in terms of functionality, is that Sonicare is more powerful. Whether this is a positive or a negative depends on your mouth. Some people want a lot of power; some people want something gentler. If you have any problems with gum recession or if you're just sensitive to vibration, you should probably go for the gentler brush. I also like that Oral B comes with a smaller brush-head by default. It's better for getting into spaces or crevices if you have any crooked teeth or teeth missing. You can get compact heads for the Sonicare, though, so if you want the more powerful brush you can still get a smaller brush head for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So looks like my girlfriend and I are going to be staying in our apartment for at least another year. This place doesn't have a dishwasher and it is a pain in the dick. We are looking at some countertop/portable models to set up on our counter or under the kitchen island - does anyone have any experience with these things?