Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Bee Hive + Electric Bullets + Angry Bullets + Double Vision = Holy crap the Kill Pillars disintegrated in like 10-15 seconds there's bees everywhere and lightning arcing between them like I'm the bastard lovechild of Volgin and THE PAIN

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Where is The Orc's shop in the breach? I can see him sitting there but I don't have any options to buy anything.

EDIT : I'm an idiot. They're to the left of him.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
If you haven't already tried it, go grab the cheat engine trainer from http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5659943#5659943, start a new run and turn on the "Always spawn chest on room clear" and "All chests are rainbow". Spend the next half hour breaking the game with a billion guns, passives and curse :getin:

Can't stop :fap: Here, have a gif: https://gfycat.com/DisgustingSlightAvians

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 15, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Thanks, game. Thanks for the three Alien Engines

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Could you not sell those for a ton of money or munch them into something sweet as heck?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I killed the Dragun with the Engine so I'm pretty pleased with it.

Also any run that I get the QUAD LASER is instantly doomed because I literally refuse to use anything else, it's just too powerful. Enemies cannot even jump over it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The problem here was that those three engines don't stack, if you pikc them all up you only get one engine, so i basically got one gun for the price of three

In other things: I just noticed that the Orange Guon Stone (the one that occasionally shoots enemies) shot AWP bullets when i had the AWP equipped. It was one-shotting bulet kin left and right, it was awesome. Dunno about other guns, but when you have the AWP out, it uses those bullets to snipe at enemies.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh and i just killed the Kill Pillars in four shots from the Railgun. Two shots until one was left and healed back up, two more shots to kill it dead.

Fat Bullets + Scattershot + Eyepatch, each shot rebounded like a million times in a crazy lightshow.

Feels good

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

HenryEx posted:

Thanks, game. Thanks for the three Alien Engines

It is time to go unreasonably fast

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

nightwisher posted:

If you haven't already tried it, go grab the cheat engine trainer from http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5659943#5659943, start a new run and turn on the "Always spawn chest on room clear" and "All chests are rainbow". Spend the next half hour breaking the game with a billion guns, passives and curse :getin:

Can't stop :fap: Here, have a gif: https://gfycat.com/DisgustingSlightAvians

This makes the game so much funnier, goddamn

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

This makes the game so much funnier, goddamn

Update:

Do not pick up every passive you run across, it will crash your super high specced computer because even the starting gun shoots about 400 projectiles per shot.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 16, 2016

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Yeah it does get pretty crash-happy if you overdo it. I really want to make a script that can set your curse to 10, I'd love to do a challenge run where you start out with 10 curse but can spawn one rainbow chest in the first room as a balance.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The witch pistol is way better than I thought it would be on paper. The transmogrification lasts forever and pretty much makes that enemy count as dead.

It's insanely useful for clearing out stuff that requires extra work like the ammo skeleton or totem pole.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got my final past kill. I was killing the Dragun with the Marine and Pilot wondering why I couldn't go to hell, turns out I forgot to actually do LL's myself :v:

Got to the Dragun's final phase and died but I had the clone so went through everything again. I uh... also had to walk away for a moment so whoops on that time :v:

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

nightwisher posted:

Yeah it does get pretty crash-happy if you overdo it. I really want to make a script that can set your curse to 10, I'd love to do a challenge run where you start out with 10 curse but can spawn one rainbow chest in the first room as a balance.

You can talk to the statue in the starting room with the non-secret characters to set your curse to 9

Has anyone else noticed that with certain guns and combos that bosses take less damage each progressive shot unless you wait a moment between shots? I had the golden gun and rolling reload and was able to shoot at a pretty fast pace but after the first shot it was doing much less damage.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

AlexJade posted:

You can talk to the statue in the starting room with the non-secret characters to set your curse to 9

Has anyone else noticed that with certain guns and combos that bosses take less damage each progressive shot unless you wait a moment between shots? I had the golden gun and rolling reload and was able to shoot at a pretty fast pace but after the first shot it was doing much less damage.

Some weapons impact hit seem to put the boss into invincibility frames and then the secondary effect does gently caress all, like scrambler usually murders bosses but sometimes the secondary projectiles poof harmlessly.

And then you get railgun+double vision+back gun and make kill pillars vanish in 5 seconds and wonder why the gently caress they bothered.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AlexJade posted:

I think this only works after you've beaten bullet hell or something, because I haven't found the option to do it - I still need to meet the lord of the jammed for that achievement vOv

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I think this only works after you've beaten bullet hell or something, because I haven't found the option to do it - I still need to meet the lord of the jammed for that achievement vOv

You have to beat the past with that character

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I read something somewhere that suggested this, but I'm not so sure; do you only have to buy the prime primer once without having to get it to where it needs to go to have it "unlocked?" Ie, it's free in the shop after that one run where you buy it?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

I read something somewhere that suggested this, but I'm not so sure; do you only have to buy the prime primer once without having to get it to where it needs to go to have it "unlocked?" Ie, it's free in the shop after that one run where you buy it?

You just have to get it to the blacksmith once and then you're set, but you'll have to buy/steal it independently each run until you have one where you get it to her. I think I got it on like 5 runs before I had one that made it the distance.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The complete lack of co-op camera interpolation for your aiming directions is making co-op twice as hard as playing solo. The camera won't zoom out at all when the players move apart and there's no splitscreen so you just get blindsided by poo poo you only have half a second to react to. Then if you are together, you will be right in the middle of the screen when you would probably rather see further where you are aiming, so you often have to guess where exactly the boss is if it's offscreen.

Is there a single roguelite out there with good co-op?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Digirat posted:

The complete lack of co-op camera interpolation for your aiming directions is making co-op twice as hard as playing solo. The camera won't zoom out at all when the players move apart and there's no splitscreen so you just get blindsided by poo poo you only have half a second to react to. Then if you are together, you will be right in the middle of the screen when you would probably rather see further where you are aiming, so you often have to guess where exactly the boss is if it's offscreen.

20XX maybe. I haven't played it in forever but I seem to remember it being good? I think it was straight up split screen.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
Important note: If you have both the Clone and the Gun Soul, the Gun Soul triggers first. Which means if, say, you die to the High Dragun, to get the clone benefits you have to get to the boss in the Forge with the starting gun and one heart to restart with all your guns. God dammit.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SavTargaryen posted:

Important note: If you have both the Clone and the Gun Soul, the Gun Soul triggers first. Which means if, say, you die to the High Dragun, to get the clone benefits you have to get to the boss in the Forge with the starting gun and one heart to restart with all your guns. God dammit.

Does the clone just start with one HP and the starter in that situation? Because if so that's kinda hilarious.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Actually that just negates all the potential benefits of clone because if you get your stuff back Gun Soul will just trigger again and again until you die as a 1 heart starter gun poor bastard.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

If you get both the Gun Soul and Clone you can just drop the Gun Soul anytime, ideally selling it to the sell creep.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

If you get both the Gun Soul and Clone you can just drop the Gun Soul anytime, ideally selling it to the sell creep.

The sell creep is the best. There are always going to be some items you have that just don't make sense to use enough for you to hold on to, and often when you're already decked out with a good set of guns, you're better off just selling your crap guns to the bogeyman.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The grate creep doesn't seem to accept most passive items

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The grate creep doesn't seem to accept most passive items

I've never seen him refuse to buy anything. Are you making sure to drop them such that they land right on the grate?

e: beat the Dragun for the first time the other night. Comm4ndo + ice bullets + shadow bullets is ludicrously strong. I also got a synergy with the Shotgun Full of Hate, which I suspect was caused by having the Shotgun Full of Love at the same time; they both seemed to have bigger capacities, more projectiles, and more damage. The Hate shotgun completely annihilated Dragun's face when I ran out of Comm4ndo rockets.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 16, 2016

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've been unable to sell master rounds, bloody scarf, or sponge

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Digirat posted:

toejam and earl

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Gunther on floor 1 in a black chest. I proceeded to not get hit at all until bullet hell. Entered the lich fight with something like 9 hearts and 11 armor.

Seems like gunther tops out around floor 4, in 5 it's starting to take quite a bit of shooting to kill things and it didn't really do as much as I would have liked against the lich.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've had Gunther + scattershot + metronome + Unity and a shitload of other guns. never got hit in bullet hell, just enter a room, fire somewhere, everything is dead. I even flawlessed the Lich for the first time, since it died so quickly.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Gunther levels up each floor up to three times, so yeah he'd cap at level 4

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That's not how Gunther works

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well I know it only has 3 power levels and it levels up after a clearing certain amounts, not sure if its by rooms or by floors

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Killed my last dragun last night to finish the hunt quests and now I've 100% the game and unlocked everything. Definitely one of my top 10 games. Now to move on to something else.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had a pretty nice run.

I figured I'd screw around with the cactus on the forge and wound up pretty much jobbing hardcore before the Dragun, forgot I had Bullet Hell and well I tried

I think I did well for my first attempt but still

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Holy moly, Snakemaker makes the Hexagun look like crap. That plus a Gungine in the Forge carried me through my Hunter past kill, now I just need to not choke on the Marine's past (for a fourth time :backtowork:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Made it to the Dragun for the first time. Felt like a pretty nice boss until they decided the only way to make him harder was to introduce random bullet sprays to his fair pattern.