Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

The_Doctor posted:

One of my Twitter peeps has Victorion and it's making me question my 'no' stance because of all the awesome pictures he's taken. :saddowns:

Do it, she's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

DoctorWhat posted:

the cult of zinc strikes again, ruining everything

jesus h christ why the gently caress would you put die cast in a sword that fuckhuge, or indeed at all?

like, a lightweight metal blade for MP Star Saber? SURE! A massive, quarter-pound sword for Max? God, what are you thinking!?

transformers fans don't care about playing with their own drat toys.

Forgot playing, what about displaying, will fort max even be able to hold up such a heavy sword.
Seen some pretty strong joints fail to hold up lighter things, and plus there's the balance issue.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Acne Rain posted:

Forgot playing, what about displaying, will fort max even be able to hold up such a heavy sword.
Seen some pretty strong joints fail to hold up lighter things, and plus there's the balance issue.
Yeah, while they look a lot better for posing, I've never seen a set of articulated figures that can actually hold on tightly to even the accessories they're meant to come with, let alone a giant aftermarket product.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

therealjon_ posted:

Just buy the SDCC version.

At this point you need to basically know someone with access to preview night to get the big popular stuff from the Hasbro shop at SDCC, unless you're cool with spending an entire day sitting in line for it. Last year's exclusives are mostly available on HTS still, but I suspect that will not be the case with Fort Max. And really, buying the retail Fort Max and that add-on is going to be cheaper than the SDCC one for most people. The diecast is stupid though, for sure.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Gotta say I dig the new feet and hands.
Can Hasbro just sell those during May Mayhem or w/e

etailer exclusive handfeet we actually want to buy

fook groove

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I got my WaiJiang Evasion Prime

Hot drat it's awesome. The only thing that sucks is doing the side panel flip thing because I'm super afraid of breaking it, even if it feels way more solid than the Hasbro version.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Seems a bunch of retailers are actively telling customers not to buy Omnigonix 3P Sunstreaker, because it's shite. First time I've seen that happen, I'll give them their due for honesty.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Goldskull posted:

Seems a bunch of retailers are actively telling customers not to buy Omnigonix 3P Sunstreaker, because it's shite. First time I've seen that happen, I'll give them their due for honesty.

I have one coming my way from BBTS and I'm not sure if I'm gonna even open the box. Loose joints can be tightened, and some other issues look like they could be handled with superglue, like the forearms and the shoulder pieces, probably even the wheels. But the front chest clip that holds his robot mode torso together looks unfixable, at least in any practical sense :-/

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Goldskull posted:

I had to go see this for myself. Jeez, the figure must be REALLY bad to warrant "buy at your own risk" statements. BBTS just mentions the type of plastic, but TF Source right out says the figure will probably break.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jinkies, I just looked a video of him and yeah, he looks cheap as chips. I still prefer the actual design of him in both modes over Sunsurge but in terms of execution and quality, he's kinda rubbish.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah I saw one on display at Frank & Sons today and it looked like it was barely holding together. Janky garbage compared to Sunsurge.

On the plus side, snagged Victorion, Hades Rhadamanthus, Hades Minos, Iron Factory Blitzwing, and a set of PE hands and feet for Sky Reign for $280 thanks to a friendly seller there.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
When is Victorion going up for Internet-sale?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

http://www.sears.ca/product/transformers-generations-combiner-wars-fan-built-combiner/616-000141002-B3901

heh heh it's just easier

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
How are the Hades guys? They're TFC right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, Carnifex is looking amazing. How much is he going to be? All of the kind of redundant things on him like the fully functioning tank treads and such probably jack up the price quite a bit, not even mentioning the size of the drat thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, Carnifex is looking amazing. How much is he going to be? All of the kind of redundant things on him like the fully functioning tank treads and such probably jack up the price quite a bit, not even mentioning the size of the drat thing.

I believe they have said $180.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I heard $180, too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's outstanding considering MP ultra magnus is that price too, right? And he's quite a bit larger than MPUM too.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Goldskull posted:

It's a shame because I really like the look of that figure. I'll probably buy one later anyway when they're on clearance. Captured Prey has already marked it down to $70.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Does they ship to the US?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

That's outstanding considering MP ultra magnus is that price too, right? And he's quite a bit larger than MPUM too.

Not too much larger, but a bit taller. I would still expect Magnus weighs more; dude is a solid block of robot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is chimungmung.com a reliable store?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Is chimungmung.com a reliable store?

Yeah it's good, I used to order there a lot when he had a ton of G1 KOs. Tony is in China so it will be a week or two for delivery.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yep I've used them before and they've always been solid.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's in stock right now at BBTS.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's new.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Arsenal_12 posted:

It's in stock right now at BBTS.

gently caress, guess I'm not getting her. Just hit at the worst time for me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Anora posted:

gently caress, guess I'm not getting her. Just hit at the worst time for me.
You have four to eight months and she'll be cheaper on amazon in a bit. All the gift sets have been going on sale, at least from what hamster tells me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Speaking of combiners, Devastator's completely out of production now, right?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

You have four to eight months and she'll be cheaper on amazon in a bit. All the gift sets have been going on sale, at least from what hamster tells me.

hopefully, just ran into a period where money will be tight. It sucks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

hopefully, just ran into a period where money will be tight. It sucks.

Same.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Man, CW Buzzsaw is a very odd toy pre-TR.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Legends Blaster has a fake tape spool painted on his chest.

That's friggin stupidly hilarious.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I deep down appreciate how the solution to "kids lose the heads" was to add heads that sell for $5 and the solution to "boom boxes aren't cool to kids" is "also they can transform into base modes".

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I was on the fence about getting Blaster and Rewind (the only cassette I had for Blaster as a kid), but that won me over. Are those the Takara versions? I like the silver-gray on Blaster's legs.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like the upper body on Hasbro's and the legs on the Takara one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TFRazorsaw posted:

Oh I'm glad the handle does fold down against his back. All official pics so far have had it up so far, and I was thinking that was going to be a fixed position.

Also he looks great, and I'm apparently getting another Blaster.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Apparently some of the Machine Boy Blast Offs have the same shoulder joint pieces on both sides instead of mirrored so they can't go into altmode and are basically useless for anything other than standing in bot mode with one arm slightly higher than the other.

That sucks considering how solid it looks otherwise, I'm hoping the one I have with Sirtoys doesn't have that issue. Think they'd check it before shipping if I raised a note?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

Neat, now you can re-enact Blaster betraying Rewind and abandoning him to die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Apparently some of the Machine Boy Blast Offs have the same shoulder joint pieces on both sides instead of mirrored so they can't go into altmode and are basically useless for anything other than standing in bot mode with one arm slightly higher than the other.

That sucks considering how solid it looks otherwise, I'm hoping the one I have with Sirtoys doesn't have that issue. Think they'd check it before shipping if I raised a note?

Email him and ask him to check.