Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

RobertDanger posted:

Does this game still have the energy limiting mechanic? That is what drove me away last time but I did love playing my mechanic.

There is still fatigue, if that's what you mean? It limits the number of dungeons you can run per day. It's only really a limit while leveling up, but you still should hit level cap in a month or so tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Doing my usual ranked pvp stream for a bit tonight, usual time 8 PM EDT https://www.twitch.tv/sa_impresaria

Don't have much planned to talk about. I know a few folks were looking for advice about compensating for lag, so I'll try to hit on that if I get a match that provides a decent example.

Edit: Going live momentarily

Edit2: Done early. Thanks to everyone who joined in.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 15, 2016

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

RobertDanger posted:

Does this game still have the energy limiting mechanic? That is what drove me away last time but I did love playing my mechanic.

Yeah, fatigue still exists. It's kind of a bummer at the lowest levels, but beyond that it's not a huge limitation. When you hit level 17 or so, you can gain 1 Mileage per dungeon run, max 30 a day. Two days gets you a 156 FP potion in the mileage shop (it costs 50, leaving you with 10 extra to stock up or do whatever with), and if you play and ask a goon they can probably just give you a 30 FP potion that usually goes for something like 20-30k, ultra cheap, since the auction house is levels 30 and up in order to stave off goldbuyers, somewhat. Occasionally, a Lost Treasure opened with three Skeleton Keys will pop out a fatigue potion that you can also use in conjunction with the two aforementioned potions.

Also, make alts.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

On top of that, events often give out fatigue potions, and if you get a Neo Premium contract from an event or the cash shop, it gives you more base fatigue while it's active.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I'm actually really surprised at how competent Neople has been at stemming goldbuying. Inflation is still a bitch, but it's so much better than before.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Yeah, if you played when nexon ran the game, fatigue is nowhere near as terrible about making leveling a total slog anymore. I also got some swag scaling gear for returning that should remain on par until level 65 as well as a neo premium and base contract, not sure if that's because of an event or not but it's making leveling on my main an absolute breeze.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Thread said the damage boost from a lib weapon doesn't work on Summoners. Does that apply to all damage boosts? For example, since this dropped, is it worth using or does it not help me?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Doesn't help either. For summoners, you prioritize elemental damage, magic crit rate, matk and int.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Somefool posted:

Doesn't help either. For summoners, you prioritize elemental damage, magic crit rate, matk and int.

Oh good, I don't have to break 6pc Spirit Union for it. I did manage to get one piece of Dark Gothic today, at least.

Edit: two hell orbs today, but I'm out of fatigue. More tomorrow I guess.

Nighthand fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 15, 2016

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Despite coming out ahead on rp, I think that may have been my worst and lowest-energy stream yet! Oh well, these things happen. Thanks to the folks that turned out for it and stuck around.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Because I forgot to say it before, thanks for the big old effortpost on subclasses NachtSieger. Nice reference for when I feel like making yet another alt :v:

hey speaking of which I had a female grappler up to about 50 back in the nexon days, but have never played the male variant. How do they differ?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Because I forgot to say it before, thanks for the big old effortpost on subclasses NachtSieger. Nice reference for when I feel like making yet another alt :v:

hey speaking of which I had a female grappler up to about 50 back in the nexon days, but have never played the male variant. How do they differ?

You're welcome and thanks for the compliment.

Having played both a female and male grappler... The male grappler is much more fluid and faster. He plays a lot less awkwardly and stiffly than the original, as well as having grabs that can intuitively combo into another skill. For example, you can hold Knee Kick to rise along with an enemy to chain into Break Down/Air Steiner and then Wild Cannon Spike.. It's just a function of how grabs flow and can have their distances adjusted as the situation needs it. I can't explain it too well, it's just something that comes to me in terms of actually playing the class. Atm I'd heavily recommend male grap over female grap, at least until we have the fgrap changes that DNF has.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Yes, please don't touch F. Grap until they get their next big balance patch. The current F. Grap is complete rear end in everything compared to other classes. They basically feel stiff compared to other classes.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
f grap is my cool and tough wrestler friend, i won't stand for this slander.

her second awakening active is kinda bad though.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

So I got Yin.

I don't want to go back to ov.

edit: i am the chosen one who will sword master all sword's

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 15, 2016

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The game really wants my summoner to be a slayer. Since the event started I've gotten: Byeollungum, Seven Branched Sword, Flare Devil, and Yang Ull's Twig. Plus two (3) parts of submarine volcano, the shoes twice and the shoulder.

They're no yin/yang but still.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
13k Demon Invites and waaaaay too many horbs later, I'm finally done with event hells. Got 7 useful armor pieces, and am glad to be done.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

gently caress me. So there's one +2 ESSM title on the AH, for 150 million. And I can buy a behemoth egg for 30 million with 15-20 skills. ESSM plats will run me 99 mil each.

SS Sword Master is stupid and I hate everything.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

gently caress me. So there's one +2 ESSM title on the AH, for 150 million. And I can buy a behemoth egg for 30 million with 15-20 skills. ESSM plats will run me 99 mil each.

Wait for another plat event maybe? Those are crazy prices, and last time we got plat boxes everything was 30mil tops.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

fool_of_sound posted:

Wait for another plat event maybe? Those are crazy prices, and last time we got plat boxes everything was 30mil tops.

Yeah I'm gonna be waiting. I have a perfectly solid build as it is, even for anton raid. So I'm in no great rush. We'll get better events further down the line that'll make the switch more palatable.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Can you switch subclasses post-50 during a 2nd awakening event?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

mightygerm posted:

Can you switch subclasses post-50 during a 2nd awakening event?

Unless TAO happens again, you can't switch subclasses at 50 and up, period.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Black Balloon posted:

Black Balloon posted:

Yeah I'm gonna be waiting. I have a perfectly solid build as it is, even for anton raid. So I'm in no great rush. We'll get better events further down the line that'll make the switch more palatable.

On behalf of my own dream of getting high ESSM and being a good SS SM, thank you.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Gologle posted:

On behalf of my own dream of getting high ESSM and being a good SS SM, thank you.

i have to come to terms with not being the best at everything and this is going to be a very difficult and turbulent journey for me

namaste

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Spergin' about hell data

All things told, throughout this hell event, I ran 297 hell modes.

I did 167 runs in Salamander Furnace.
I did 130 runs in Banquet Hall of Light.
I got Miasma 60 times.
I got Darksteel 87 times.
I got Blaze 68 times.
I got Nightshade 82 times.

All told I got 18 epics, for an average of 16.5 runs per epic. I did get two epics back to back today, and in fact got five today.

I got 7 epics from Nightshade
I got 6 epics from Blaze
I got 4 epics from Darksteel
I got 1 epic from Miasma

I got 9 epics from Salamander Furnace
I got 9 epics from Banquet Hall

I got 17 demon eyes from Salamander Furnace
I got 15 demon eyes from Banquet Hall
I got 2 Hell Orbs, both of which came from Banquet Hall, today.

The epics I got are:

Byeollungum
Magic Sword: Seven Branched Sword
Red Fang Bottom
Submarine Volcano Shoes (twice)
Crocodile Bird's New Nest
Ice Spark Bowgun
Cold Princess Necklace
Blazing Neil the Sniper
Worshipful General's Textbook
Ruinous Iron Mace
Submarine Volcano Shoulder
Resolution of the Awakened - Ultimate Diva
Flare Devil
Dark Gothic Belt
Razor Queen's Necklace
Yang Ull's Twig
Cunning Chameleon Coat

I also died 13 times, generally to either the gunner party with their crazy nukes that one-shot me, or the demon party with the templar that ults to murder me. I didn't get an epic on any of the runs I died, or anything except a demon eye once.

I was using the submarine volcano pieces initially, but with the Cold Princess Necklace and the Worshipful General's Textbook, I swapped them out for a couple chronicle pieces to maintain my 6pc Spirit Union. Now I just need to actually find or buy those pieces so I don't have to rely on the rental event to have armor.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So what's up with DK's awakening? Apparently it's on the test server in Korea right now. Do they just get all the 1st awakening slayer skills?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Thankfully no, they have their own separate stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORvpNdPcANE

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Rip this hell weekend, got nothing on my main. At least 2wake is coming on Tuesday, along with some pretty decent events.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
So we're gonna see how hard you stomp Anton Normals tomorrow, right Imp? Cause I really want to see you just stomp poo poo into the ground super hard.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Nethertribes posted:

So we're gonna see how hard you stomp Anton Normals tomorrow, right Imp? Cause I really want to see you just stomp poo poo into the ground super hard.

ugh is it tomorrow yet i wanna stomp

Edit: Events are up http://www.dfoneople.com/news/events

The bonus they said would be totally "worth it" for making a new f slayer is just one extra selective chron box. Meh.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 16, 2016

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Hey, any and all selective chron boxes are welcome. The less time one has to spend on OV the better.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Sure, but it's not really anything to stress over if people already rolled an f slayer with the 1+1 event.

Edit: I'm worried that I'm going to love the 2wake zan playstyle too much to ever switch and it's going to drive me back to hells until I get dg belt

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 16, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cool, free awakening clear tickets. I guess I can level my dark templar, and my demon slayer is already level 85, so I can just do it instantly. :toot:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh drat, 60 ancient dungeon material cap from star event. Guess I need to coerce some people to play the game again to help farm stars for me.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

fool_of_sound posted:

Oh drat, 60 ancient dungeon material cap from star event. Guess I need to coerce some people to play the game again to help farm stars for me.

I'm gonna be needing a ton more gold than I currently have, so I'm gonna try to stomach exhausting my fp on both my SM and asura. I'm down to run stuff in a party just to make it more tolerable.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

I'm gonna be needing a ton more gold than I currently have, so I'm gonna try to stomach exhausting my fp on both my SM and asura. I'm down to run stuff in a party just to make it more tolerable.

I meant returning players for the bonus stars, but if I can't find any I'll run with you.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Oh right forgot about that bonus. I dunno, I feel like it's gonna be hard to find too many people that'll apply to, since they just had some big return bonuses that pulled most people in already.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Neople on Nemesis posted:

Undying faith that avenges all heathens. Summons a pentacle to trap all enemies within effective area, then transforms into a Dark Knight to deliver multiple attacks.

Time to delete my main :suicide:

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Hahahahaha rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
That Star Fall sub eq looks really cool. If it doesn't have a cooldown on the effect it might almost be worth it if it didn't cost 1000 goddamn stars. :psyduck:

Black Balloon posted:

ugh is it tomorrow yet i wanna stomp

Edit: Events are up http://www.dfoneople.com/news/events

The bonus they said would be totally "worth it" for making a new f slayer is just one extra selective chron box. Meh.

Oh boy another Honey Time event! What's that? The 200h event didn't actually require you to leave your PC running 24/7 with DFO open the entire time? Don't worry now there's a 400 hour reward! :suicide:

I love the shameless copying of Star Wars' font for The Force Goddess Awakens.

fool_of_sound posted:

That looks nice for maybe getting a Gracia totem on my Monk (or stockpiling for armor) but aren't star drop rates stupidly low?