Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kirios posted:

While I had California plates on my car Portland drivers were massive assholes, consistently honking, refusing to let me over, etc. As soon as I got Oregon plates that completely changed.

I know this post is a lie because no one actually honks in Oregon so you must have just pissed off the other lovely california transplants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Creepy goon story :siren:

Years ago I used to take pictures of out-of-state license plates as a kind of scavenger hunt game, since there are so many out-of-state license plates in the Bay Area. I was aware that being seen taking a picture of someone's plates would look suspicious, but I figured I would take the picture before they'd get back to their car so it was no problem.

Needless to say that backfired when a guy with Missouri plates started yelling at me and asked why I was taking a picture of his plates. I tried to explain what I was doing but he didn't believe that someone would be that weird. :v:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I did a scavenger hunt for state licenses, but all I did was put a note in my phone about the date I saw the license (usually via siri so I had dozens of notes that made absolutely no sense and could not figure out what state license I saw later). I eventually put them in a spreadsheet, I saw about 41 different over the course of a year and some change, although I also counted Canada and Mexico provincial licenses so I have no clue what states I've never seen.

I don't understand why I did this.

Rick fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 14, 2016

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
have you talked to a therapist about it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

sam bradford lmao posted:

have you talked to a therapist about it

I probably should have. But the desire to do this mostly went away on its own.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Donkwich posted:

Years ago I used to take pictures of out-of-state license plates as a kind of scavenger hunt game, since there are so many out-of-state license plates in the Bay Area. I was aware that being seen taking a picture of someone's plates would look suspicious, but I figured I would take the picture before they'd get back to their car so it was no problem.

Needless to say that backfired when a guy with Missouri plates started yelling at me and asked why I was taking a picture of his plates. I tried to explain what I was doing but he didn't believe that someone would be that weird. :v:

i have a vanity plate that people take pictures of almost daily and it gets tiring after a while

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

But this dust bowl will be congress created.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bip Roberts posted:

But this dust bowl will be congress created.

Those signs are my favorite random California thing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Those signs are my favorite random California thing

Link?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bakersfield or Fresno?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Get Us OUT of the United Nations!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

Bakersfield or Fresno?

I didn't know Congress created either

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

i have a vanity plate that people take pictures of almost daily and it gets tiring after a while

What does it say?

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
C ⃠STA
PEL ⃠SI
B ⃠XER

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
We used to play the "spot all the license plates" game when I was a kid since there was nothing else to do when driving from idaho to the oregon coast. We saw all of the states except Delaware, because those fuckers must never get out.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If I was going from Delaware to Oregon I sure as hell wouldn't drive

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Only corporations live in Delaware

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

pizza valentine posted:

What does it say?

LOL NERD

I think all the international students around UCI think its a league of legends reference though.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

FCKGW posted:

LOL NERD

I think all the international students around UCI think its a league of legends reference though.

League of Legends sucks

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Donkwich posted:

Shocked that a Missouri resident freaked out about somebody taking a picture of their plates. :tinfoil: You should have explained you worked for the Obama administration, Bohemian Grove Division.

Also LOL stands for Lord of Light obviously.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ice To Meet You posted:

If I was going from Delaware to Oregon I sure as hell wouldn't drive

I drove from Maryland to Oregon and it loving owned, saw all kinds of cool poo poo, plus I got stuck in a blizzard in western nebraska and had to draft an 18 wheeler in my little honda for 50 miles.

But seriously if you are an American you owe it to yourself to do a cross country road trip at some point in your life.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hahahahahahhaahah

Febreeze posted:

I drove from Maryland to Oregon and it loving owned, saw all kinds of cool poo poo, plus I got stuck in a blizzard in western nebraska and had to draft an 18 wheeler in my little honda for 50 miles.

But seriously if you are an American you owe it to yourself to do a cross country road trip at some point in your life.

I'll keep that in mind

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

Hahahahahahhaahah

California is extremely conservative once you leave the coast

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

Most states are extremely conservative once you leave the coast and big cities

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

gasp

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ross Angeles posted:

California is extremely conservative once you leave the coast

Then why would they blame congress? Its been repub majority for years

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
gently caress the suburbs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I prefer to rock the suburbs.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Donkwich posted:

Needless to say that backfired when a guy with Missouri plates started yelling at me and asked why I was taking a picture of his plates.

And him from the Show-me State. Sad!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Febreeze posted:

I went from Detroit to Denver this year, it was awesome. In parts.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Febreeze posted:

What a bitchmade road trip. I drove from Anchorage to Atlanta.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

effectual posted:

Then why would they blame congress? Its been repub majority for years

The guy they voted for is, somehow, not part the problem.

For instance, the area I grew up in is filled with guys going "Obama killin' Coal!!!!!!" but dutifully voted for him twice because Unions.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
All politicians are awful except my guy is the worst, most pervasive idiocy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

I ask you look at Oklahoma before making that judgement

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

You're right, all politicians are awful.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Well, except my guy

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chichevache posted:

You're right, all politicians are awful.

They're all great politicians, but lousy at their jobs.

Yet if they were good at their jobs, they'd be terrible politicians. A conundrum.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

FCKGW posted:

good. no ones stopping you from going back to a regular plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
every1 keeps looking at my vanity plate which i got for no reason except to have ppl look at it....no i understand this line is for real emergencies. ok. ok. Im sorry

• Locked thread