Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I keep looking at Piccolo raising everyone's kids and it's amazing to think that this guy tried to destroy the world once.

Then again, I could say the same thing about Vegeta after that bingo dance number.

Also, Ultimate Pan. The strongest cookware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It was very nice of Pikkoyo to let Goku pretend he was the grampa for a day. An upstanding guy, that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

episode was ftw

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
At this rate Bulma is gonna go Super Saiyan the second Bra is conceived.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Really good episode- the scene with Piccolo, Goku, and Pan on the roof was probably my favorite.

It would be interesting if Super continued to play up the fact that Goku is only getting older.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raxivace posted:

Really good episode- the scene with Piccolo, Goku, and Pan on the roof was probably my favorite.

It would be interesting if Super continued to play up the fact that Goku is only getting older.

Edited for better looping:

pik_d fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 15, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

It is sort of weird to think about the fact that extremely popular series Dragonball is currently about the adventures of the world's strongest grandpa.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That clip owns.

ImpAtom posted:

It is sort of weird to think about the fact that extremely popular series Dragonball is currently about the adventures of the world's strongest grandpa.
I know, right?

In the last thread someone pointed out that on paper, the whole franchise from the original series to GT is basically the life of a superhero from childhood to old age (Though GT kind of hosed it up by making Goku a kid again instead of just having him getting weaker from being old, among other problems it had). I think Super, at least right now, sort of realizes that Grandpa Goku is kind of the natural conclusion to the story arc established in the very beginning of the franchise.

I can't help but think that Goku saying he wants to see Pan become a Super Saiyan one day is also a jab at GT.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
DBS is once again super adorable. The family shenanigans is what I always felt was sorely lacking from DBZ and this more than makes up for it. Everyone's chilling and enjoying a peaceful life. Dragonball is always about the power of friendship, Piccolo and Vegeta are evidence of that. Pikkoyo!!

Seriously tho I can't get over how good this show is.

Is Xenoverse supposed to be canonical? SSJ4 exists in Xenoverse tho, I thought that was a GT only thing (which is obviously never been canon). Is SSJ4 a canonical transformation that the saiyans we know and love simply don't know how to do, because they use the "clean energy" power up of SSJB?

By clean energy, I mean that every time the SSJ God transformation has taken place, it has caused a lot less havoc. Going SS causes the ground to tremble and poo poo to get destroyed. Further power ups do more. But everytime someone goes Blue it feels like the aura doesn't make any sounds (unlike the "wshwshwshwsh" of an SSJ) nor does it make a lot of destruction. It's kinda neat, because I guess SSJB is supposed to represent being in greater control of your ki, and having a God ki which is invisible to mortals.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I think Xenoverse treated GT as an alternate timeline, so you can really come to whatever conclusion you want regarding Super Saiyan 4. I have the feeling they aren't going to mention the concept at all in Super though.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Momomo posted:

I think Xenoverse treated GT as an alternate timeline, so you can really come to whatever conclusion you want regarding Super Saiyan 4. I have the feeling they aren't going to mention the concept at all in Super though.

Ah, thanks. That makes sense. I'd rather SSJ4 just doesn't happen anyway. it was Pilaf in GT who wished Goku to be a kid again, right? Man, I don't think i ever watched all of GT, I just couldn't get through it, knowing that none of it actually happened according to Toriyama. Also, I've been waiting for a girl Super Saiyan ever since I learned of the existence of Pan and Bra via DBZ fansites when I was like 11. That Pan never did it was kinda upsetting.

and yeah the whole of Dragonball is just Goku's lifelong hero's journey. I still wonder if the DBZ epilogue is canonical and how it fits in to everything? I guess that happens a few years after Super, considering she kicks Mr. Satan's butt as a 5 year old in that?

According to the timeline, when is Bra supposed to be born? I wanna see her too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bra was meant to be a little older than Pan I believe but that got changed up. Either way, she's not getting conceived with the Goku shenanigans going on.

She's listed as a year younger than Pan on the wiki (it's got a couple of sources for their birth years for each of them)

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bra was meant to be a little older than Pan I believe but that got changed up. Either way, she's not getting conceived with the Goku shenanigans going on.

She's listed as a year younger than Pan on the wiki (it's got a couple of sources for their birth years for each of them)

Hahaha. Well, hopefully she will get conceived soon enough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Future Trunks arc will start with him showing up in a Delorian yelling at Vegeta that he has to do something about his kids.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Lupus Rufus posted:

She probably got conceived right after Bulma tried to murder Goku with room lasers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Trunks arc ends with Bulma telling him to come over whenever to help take care of his new past sister.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's kind of hilarious that one of the only consistent things in Dragon Ball at this point is that Bulma's tits are sagging.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lupus Rufus posted:

You know with people mentioning Trunks coming back, I wonder if this is the point they introduce Bra.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Bulma probably got a surrogate. She's vain and rich. Bra's probably already born and living with a wet nurse

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pardon my ignorance, why is there importance for Bra? Pan I can see, but I haven't seen GT (never will) so I don't recall her being a fighter. Unless it's just more this would tell if GT is cannon or not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bra was in Z.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Final ep I take it?

Probably dont' remember it then. Been a bit.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shindragon posted:

Pardon my ignorance, why is there importance for Bra? Pan I can see, but I haven't seen GT (never will) so I don't recall her being a fighter. Unless it's just more this would tell if GT is cannon or not.

Yeah it's just a timeline thing, which I think is already hosed up. All she ever did was shop and shame her dad into shaving his mustache. Also I feel like Goten/Trunks should be teen Gohan size by now at the very least.

Edit: Forgot about the last bit of Z

pik_d fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 15, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I think we're all just interested in seeing if they'd do anything with Bra too, since baby Pan is already better than the one we got in GT.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Momomo posted:

I think we're all just interested in seeing if they'd do anything with Bra too, since baby Pan is already better than the one we got in GT.

I think also we're just wondering if Toriyama really did forget.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

pik_d posted:

I think also we're just wondering if Toriyama really did forget.

He forgot what color Android 18s hair was so I'd say 50/50 shot.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Goten and (kid) Trunks will never age because they are not important enough to age.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

projecthalaxy posted:

Goten and (kid) Trunks will never age because they are not important enough to age.

I do wonder if they don't age so that they still look like their toys versions being sold.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

pik_d posted:

I do wonder if they don't age so that they still look like their toys versions being sold.

Toriyama: "Age them? Sorry, can't hear you: I have dollar signs for eyes."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Covok posted:

Toriyama: "Age them? Sorry, can't hear you: I have dollar signs for eyes."

Why would dollar signs for eyes gently caress his hearing?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wouldn't it be smarter to have two separate designs for them? I mean I doubt they immediately pulled all the SSj2 Teen Gohan models off the market the moment Buu started. Sell Kid Goten and Teen Goten figures.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

projecthalaxy posted:

Wouldn't it be smarter to have two separate designs for them? I mean I doubt they immediately pulled all the SSj2 Teen Gohan models off the market the moment Buu started. Sell Kid Goten and Teen Goten figures.

They want young kids in the show, that's it really.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:laffo:
Chi-Chi is worried when Goku only eats an entire table of food and asks him if he's dead again
DBSlice of life is great.

I really wish this show would get dubbed already so I can hear Chris Sabat's take on Piccolo the doting uncle

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 15, 2016

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bra was always meant to be YOUNGER than Pan, not older. One of the guidebooks got it wrong, and it had to be changed for the next volume. GT muddies things further by how she's dressed in that series, because GT is awful.

Going by the timeline Bra should be born within the next year. I kinda hope she gets to be born before Future Trunks is back, so her and both Trunkses can have some adorable moments together. :3:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

You know, I'm starting to get the impression that King Kai really doesn't like Goku :v:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

You know, I'm starting to get the impression that King Kai really doesn't like Goku :v:

It's almost like Goku killed him and could have revived him at any time but hasn't.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Pan saying grandpa at the end was all :3:

even though there's another couple of weeks until the next arc, I totally don't mind that if there's a bunch of slice of life stuff like this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bulma will finally get fed up about all the sagging tits comments and that's when we'll meet Bra.

:downsrim:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Carlosologist posted:

Pan saying grandpa at the end was all :3:

even though there's another couple of weeks until the next arc, I totally don't mind that if there's a bunch of slice of life stuff like this

This is all I ever wanted from Super tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lupus Rufus posted:

Ah, thanks. That makes sense. I'd rather SSJ4 just doesn't happen anyway. it was Pilaf in GT who wished Goku to be a kid again, right? Man, I don't think i ever watched all of GT, I just couldn't get through it, knowing that none of it actually happened according to Toriyama. Also, I've been waiting for a girl Super Saiyan ever since I learned of the existence of Pan and Bra via DBZ fansites when I was like 11. That Pan never did it was kinda upsetting.

and yeah the whole of Dragonball is just Goku's lifelong hero's journey. I still wonder if the DBZ epilogue is canonical and how it fits in to everything? I guess that happens a few years after Super, considering she kicks Mr. Satan's butt as a 5 year old in that?

According to the timeline, when is Bra supposed to be born? I wanna see her too.

pan went super saiyan before she was ever born

• Locked thread