Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Hubbl3 posted:

This thread becomes more and more like a reddit shitpost with every additional post.

thanks for contributing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!

Blazing Zero posted:

~culling the chaff~~~just ratters~~~trimming the fat~~~~~

The levels of fun are just too high for some people

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Blazing Zero posted:

thanks for contributing

I do what I can.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There are less goons on the whole than when I joined, and eve online has a reputation for making things happen that sound cool and fun only if you have no sense of what the game is actually like. Makes sense if goonwaffe recruitment is way down. People who make games also realized space is a cool setting to put games in, so there's a lot more stuff out there that scratch the dystopic sci-fi itch with way less bullshit.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Vando posted:

The SA well ran dry because SA doesn't have any fresh blood to speak of and everyone who had the slightest interest in Eve will have been and gone by now. It's not 2007 any more.

As a mostly non-Eve goon, I'll tell you why we're attracting less interest. Tuned in to the fireside chat and got hit with a wall of 'we will make them bored as poo poo and then stomp them, etc'

I don't want to be bored as poo poo in a video game so we can make the enemy bored as poo poo in a video game so we can win nothing that matters anyway

Goons, as in, actual forums posters on this website, aren't like that any more. Nobody gives a poo poo about trolling the enemy, or stomping pubbies, or being the dark heart of the internet or being le epic rusemeister (outside of FYAD or whatever).

And that's before you start using words like HUMINT and Fabian strategy like you're some kind of big deal.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I really don't know why everyone is so loving upset about this. Losing our sov has been a wonderful change of pace. Killing ratters in Deklein has long been a dream of mine.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54001743/
Zungen seems to be enjoying himself as well

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Syndic Thrass posted:

I really don't know why everyone is so loving upset about this. Losing our sov has been a wonderful change of pace. Killing ratters in Deklein has long been a dream of mine.

As mittani once wisely said "the truth is in dotlan."

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Syndic Thrass posted:

A kill with a drive-by super in the NC. "staging"? :eyepop:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I don't know what that means, or what you're implying, or what that larping peglord was talking about when he said that. Is it a slopes joke, because if so I doan see how that is really a rebuttal to what i said? Why you always gotta be so spergy about something, just post about having fun in spaceships sometimes man

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Syndic Thrass posted:

I don't know what that means, or what you're implying, or what that larping peglord was talking about when he said that. Is it a slopes joke, because if so I doan see how that is really a rebuttal to what i said? Why you always gotta be so spergy about something, just post about having fun in spaceships sometimes man

Hey you can say gsf is having fun, just as I can prove otherwise.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Hubbl3 posted:

A kill with a drive-by super in the NC. "staging"? :eyepop:

zungen.gif

And on that day, the residents of Delve rejoiced. Zungen, Scourge of DelveDekleinLowSecDeklein again

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Despera posted:

I said I was having fun. So thanks for proving I was wrong about a thing I didn't say.
What do you do when you log into Eve Online, a bad game? Tell me a story about when you had a good time in sapceships recently

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

No you can't. Because you're in TEST, which is historically garbage filled with garbage people. Also, your post history is reflective of your bad opinions as well.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

vyst posted:

No you can't. Because you're in TEST, which is historically garbage filled with garbage people.

Well they lack you so +1

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Can we all set aside our differences and agree that TISHU are shitlers? https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4jhflh/tc_ss_cfc_vs_tishu/

TLDR: TISHU has been stealth entosising The-Culture's sov while TC is out on MBC ops. TISHU caps got exposed and T-C temp-NAP'd INIT. and Razor, who were also on grid, to kill them. TISHU and some other random MBC are now mad at TC for playing "not-blue-no-seriously" incorrectly :v:

Paco Vato posted:

Stuntcats look fun but it sort of reminds me of belt hunting in lowsec. Such endgame. As long as folks are having fun though who cares?

I am unironically excited if we get to just chill and be MOA for a bit. No timers, no staring at a titan's butt and then getting blueballed (which roughly describeds 100% of my PVP experience during my first month of Eve), just fun cheap fleets and ganking ratters. I know GSF used to mock MOA for that but to this day the most fun I've ever had in Eve was on a Corm fleet that stream sniped Yolo Swagtron and then dunked PH twice in Obe (or Okagaiken, which one were they staging from?) :colbert:

Yeah yeah "didn't want that sov anyways" but throwing that around as a rebuttal is just as dumb as saying it and meaning it.

edit: not supers, regular caps

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Strategic Tea posted:

As a mostly non-Eve goon, I'll tell you why we're attracting less interest. Tuned in to the fireside chat and got hit with a wall of 'we will make them bored as poo poo and then stomp them, etc'

I don't want to be bored as poo poo in a video game so we can make the enemy bored as poo poo in a video game so we can win nothing that matters anyway

Goons, as in, actual forums posters on this website, aren't like that any more. Nobody gives a poo poo about trolling the enemy, or stomping pubbies, or being the dark heart of the internet or being le epic rusemeister (outside of FYAD or whatever).

And that's before you start using words like HUMINT and Fabian strategy like you're some kind of big deal.

That's fine. Fortunately there are other Goon space guilds, such as Groon (let's do fun PVP things) and VideoGames group (let's chill playing and play space prospector).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's also GoonSwarm who are doing stuff in Delve.

Strategic Tea posted:

Wait til "pyrrhic victory" shows up on the word of the day calendar.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Unfunny Poster posted:

There's also GoonSwarm who are doing stuff in Delve.

Wait til "pyrrhic victory" shows up on the word of the day calendar.

They are already using that line with the 10b lost post on reddit

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This game is terrible and dumb and everyone should do what is fun to them on a 'now to very soon' timescale imo.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I'm not happy we lost our sov. That sucks and I'm bummed about it. That being said I think that overall this lovely situation is bringing about some changes in GSF. I think many of these changes are OK changes and while I wish we weren't space hobos, I'm okay with the state of things right now and having fun playing eve online sometimes. There's some dumb bullshit that's stupid but v0v. You're a loving liar if you tell me you can't say the same of TEST

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Vando posted:

I remember those days too: it was when (almost) all SA goons were part of GSF, and people from other entities rarely posted. That's why we can't have a thread like that any more: people will always bicker about trivial poo poo unless one side suppresses dissent.

But then back then GSF probably existed for the sake of the members. Now it exists for the sake of TMC and The Imperium.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
GSF has always been what you choose to make of it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwbUCI9bEvA

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Syndic Thrass posted:

GSF has always been what you choose to make of it.

I must have missed tmc.com, h1z1, retard narrative pushing, kickstarter, days of the past.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Despera posted:

I must have missed tmc.com, h1z1, retard narrative pushing, kickstarter, days of the past.

You must be retarded if you paid more than a half a second worth of attention to those things. Those have always been window dressing for pubbie masses etc. As for me I found a group of chill people (Old SV, Hole Squad, then Hole Violence) who did poo poo I wanted to do in EVE and hung with them, gently caress the narrative. GSF let me do that with minimal/no expense to myself.

Besides, TESTs narrative is just as retarded, if not more so because at least GSF's version of Fountain and then Delve War is closer to what actually loving happened.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Hello stop responding to the actual crazy person who joined test ty

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Zephyrine posted:

But then back then GSF probably existed for the sake of the members. Now it exists for the sake of TMC and The Imperium.

The diplomatic meta may have made this inevitable. As soon as Red Alliance and the nascent Goonswarm joined paw and pollen-encrusted claw, Goons were destined to have non-Goon allies if they wanted to be relevant. After all, the list of null-sec players on consequence without blues includes

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

good representation of this thread

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I must've not paid attention to all that retarded poo poo. Why, in the age of that loving CoD rager streamer and every other retard with a Webcam and a microphone trying to brand themselves an ~Internet prrsonality~ and make money off it, is it that surprising to you that some dumb nerd who thinks really highly of himself and loves the sound of his own voice is trying to do the same? Furthermore why is his attempt at this retarded Web sensation dream so egregiously offensive but laz, crasskitty, rahne, jeffm8r, mintchip, riverini etc all are trying to do the same thing* and that's all fine and good?

*Since I know your thing is being a pedantic 12 year old, I am referring specifically and exclusively this: "every other retard with a Webcam and a microphone trying to brand themselves an ~Internet personality~ and make money off it".

You'll notice I also was sure to include people who that applies to who do everything from gaming journalism~~~, news sites, streamers, etc because if I only listed streamers you'd go "hurr durr TMC dot com", and also I'm about 99% certain that someone on that list has raffled or somehow distributed codes or some poo poo that they got from a dev at some company in order to promote that devs game. Why the gently caress am I supposed to give a single flying rainbow gently caress about any of that?

Edit: Since Angelique douchecanoe made that gsf exists for mittens and tmc now post, I'll extend all those same questions to you too

Fakeedit: and most of the d-name krew too for that matter

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 15, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Hello stop responding to the actual crazy person who joined test ty

To be fair he's sorta just a trumpet of the current reddit narrative and since I don't go on reddit responding to it here is the closest I can get to hash tag rekking nerds on the reddits like my idol, bbtb3

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

this is me, cant believe you dropped dox like that

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

You must be retarded if you paid more than a half a second worth of attention to those things. Those have always been window dressing for pubbie masses etc. As for me I found a group of chill people (Old SV, Hole Squad, then Hole Violence) who did poo poo I wanted to do in EVE and hung with them, gently caress the narrative. GSF let me do that with minimal/no expense to myself.

Besides, TESTs narrative is just as retarded, if not more so because at least GSF's version of Fountain and then Delve War is closer to what actually loving happened.

Yes well perhaps you didnt have friends outside of GSF who would constantly ask you "whats the deal with the mittens latest retarded stunt?" or occasionally glance at reddit and not have to read a thread by the same name. Remember when we were kicking corps for inactivity and then pushing a zombie game with no zombies? Not window dressing when your asking for paps in a different game

Hell mittens told me here we couldnt have a funny name cause it would hurt fcons feelings? Yeah gently caress that and how that turned out. Not to go ~true goons~ but last i checked being a goon entailed being funny and having fun. Not this corporate bullshit.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Oh and the only thing I didn't address in your list is "days of past". We have no space, the whole universe hates us, and is trying to murder gently caress us into oblivion. The days long past have returned my friend

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Despera posted:

paps in a different game

this never happened

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Have the GSF sent out red pen eve mails yet?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Blazing Zero posted:

this never happened

Someone asked for paps in h1z1.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Blazing Zero posted:

this never happened

Does that matter?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Ynglaur posted:

The diplomatic meta may have made this inevitable. As soon as Red Alliance and the nascent Goonswarm joined paw and pollen-encrusted claw, Goons were destined to have non-Goon allies if they wanted to be relevant. After all, the list of null-sec players on consequence without blues includes

In game allies for in game goals are fine. What I mean is a space empire that exists to hoard page viewers, ad clickers and stream watchers. To the point where the game itself gets to take a back seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Despera posted:

Someone asked for paps in h1z1.

Hi i didn't quote you to respect people's Block lists but that last post was calling you specifically out, please respond.

Zephyrine posted:

In game allies for in game goals are fine. What I mean is a space empire that exists to hoard page viewers, ad clickers and stream watchers. To the point where the game itself gets to take a back seat.

U 2

• Locked thread