Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Deified Data posted:

Al is awesome. Seconded.

I think I realized MXR was special when he showcased a mod that turned the kids in Skyrim into sexy lolis. He really crossed the line from internet weirdo to something truly loathsome. Let it not be said he doesn't know his audience, though.
Oh ok wow. I didn't actually know that. I don't watch his videos anyway when I realised after like 4 episodes it was just pandering to creepy guys who have never (and will never) make it with a woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The Chinese Assault Rifle from Fallout 3 returns!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Iron Rose posted:

You should try my weapon balance overhaul which does exactly that!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

I recommend either stepping up the difficulty slightly or reducing your damage a tad with my Create Your Own Difficulty Rebalance mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

I didn't want to nerf anything too much (though some were handed out) so most of the shittier weapons got a bit of a buff, making things generally more competitive. Not much I can do about two shot being ridiculously overpowered alas. You can read more about it on the mod page.

speaking of which, some kind soul donated money to me for automatron, so I'm getting a start on expanding WBO for that!

surprise in the teaser

Is there some reason you don't update the companion weapons to their vanilla counterparts's settings?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Grit posted:

I haven't tried the new ck yet. Is it wildly different than the skyrim version?

I have no idea, I've never actually used any of Bethesda's modding tools :saddowns:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Midnight Voyager posted:

Is there some reason you don't update the companion weapons to their vanilla counterparts's settings?

"well this way empowers the player while still allowing companions to participate without overshadowing the PC"

(no joke what happened throughout the entirety of automatron - gave ADA two miniguns and set her loose)

Naw, to be honest there's no reason in particular, other than that I didn't particularly care enough to dig up the relevant formIDs and change them.

seriously though if you're doing any modding, do it through FO4Edit, not the CK. It's way more user friendly, and honestly way more powerful if you're not scripting or adding quests/worldspaces.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Iron Rose posted:

"well this way empowers the player while still allowing companions to participate without overshadowing the PC"

(no joke what happened throughout the entirety of automatron - gave ADA two miniguns and set her loose)

Naw, to be honest there's no reason in particular, other than that I didn't particularly care enough to dig up the relevant formIDs and change them.

seriously though if you're doing any modding, do it through FO4Edit, not the CK. It's way more user friendly, and honestly way more powerful if you're not scripting or adding quests/worldspaces.

Ah. I just happened to notice my companions collecting any dropped gun and wielding it out of nowhere and scaring the hell out of me.

Really wish they wouldn't do that in general. Sure, I use you guys as pack mules, but I expect it to be with stuff I gave you, not random weapons lying around!

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

Ah. I just happened to notice my companions collecting any dropped gun and wielding it out of nowhere and scaring the hell out of me.

Really wish they wouldn't do that in general. Sure, I use you guys as pack mules, but I expect it to be with stuff I gave you, not random weapons lying around!

When the BOS do patrols they will pick up weapons and random stuff.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

I think it's hilarious. Some of my companions, like Piper, never do this. Curie, on the other hand, is a complete kleptomaniac, and pretty much always ends up finding a switchblade and equipping it so she can cut fools.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FlyinPingu posted:

I think it's hilarious. Some of my companions, like Piper, never do this. Curie, on the other hand, is a complete kleptomaniac, and pretty much always ends up finding a switchblade and equipping it so she can cut fools.

That might be because of the bugs she's riddled with. Like the one where she never uses her default weapon! So she thinks she has no gun and picks up anything she sees. (Because she doesn't)

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

That might be because of the bugs she's riddled with. Like the one where she never uses her default weapon! So she thinks she has no gun and picks up anything she sees. (Because she doesn't)

I'm glad for it. Weird rear end bugs and events like this are one of the reasons I'm still playing this dumb game. I never know what's going to go wrong next!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Cait and strong do it too, even though they never switch off their super sledges.

Except the one time Strong murdered a lone dog with a fatman.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Are there any good mods that overhaul the loot system?

I'm level 28 or so on my new character, and it feels really bad to go through a perilous dungeon and fight a boss only to get a cap stash of 18 caps and a loot chest with a pipe rifle.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nasgate posted:

Cait and strong do it too, even though they never switch off their super sledges.

Except the one time Strong murdered a lone dog with a fatman.

Super sledge? Strong has a normal sledge and Cait has a removable baseball bat and a shotgun.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Here's another dumb question, is there a mod/way to just get rid of the vertibirds altogether?

They really clash with my extremely meticulous sneak playstyle; they make loads of noise, they blow up flinging corpses and loot around and there's so many of them. It also doesn't help that I'm on bad terms with the Brotherhood (cleverly got myself onto the airship and pillaged the place before killing Maxson for his coat).

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Here's another dumb question, is there a mod/way to just get rid of the vertibirds altogether?

They really clash with my extremely meticulous sneak playstyle; they make loads of noise, they blow up flinging corpses and loot around and there's so many of them. It also doesn't help that I'm on bad terms with the Brotherhood (cleverly got myself onto the airship and pillaged the place before killing Maxson for his coat).

I mean, you could just blow up the Prydwen altogether in the vanilla game. There'll still be the occasional vertibird flying around, but nowhere near as many. :v:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

Super sledge? Strong has a normal sledge and Cait has a removable baseball bat and a shotgun.

I gave them super sledges. It's so powerful they never switch.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Speaking of Maxson's Coat, I'd love a mod that scratches out the Brotherhood of Steel logo and replaces it with the Railroad's :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FlyinPingu posted:

I mean, you could just blow up the Prydwen altogether in the vanilla game. There'll still be the occasional vertibird flying around, but nowhere near as many. :v:

I exploited the geometry to get up there early (and without having to be initiated), and I really wish the game would just let me plant some explosives and be done with it :( The quest to blow it up is so far into the game, especially for someone like me who barely does story related quests in these games.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I exploited the geometry to get up there early (and without having to be initiated), and I really wish the game would just let me plant some explosives and be done with it :( The quest to blow it up is so far into the game, especially for someone like me who barely does story related quests in these games.

blep http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11167/

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

How on earth did I not find this with all my searching :confused: Thanks, friend.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Your Computer posted:

How on earth did I not find this with all my searching :confused: Thanks, friend.

Could also just whip out an unmodified pipe pistol and shoot them down since they're held aloft by tissue paper and hope and the Brotherhood ran out of tissue somewhere near Baltimore

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Nasgate posted:

I gave them super sledges. It's so powerful they never switch.

You know you can press T to force them to use a weapon, right?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Erd posted:

You know you can press T to force them to use a weapon, right?

Yes, that's how i got them using the super sledges in the first place. They never automatically switch because nothing is better than super sledges in their hands. And i wouldn't have it any other way.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
I formatted my drive recently, and after a fresh install every time I alt-tab out of the game I just get a black screen and Fallout 4 stops responding. After googling around there are a few people who have had this problem and the only solution I can find is to run the game in borderless windowed mode. But I have a screen with a 1360x768 resolution and there's no option for that in windowed mode. Has anyone else encountered this? my specs are 16gb RAM, GTX 970 and Windows 7 64bit. My load order is:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
Snap'n Build.esm=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
DX Courser X-92 Power Suit.esp=1
CROSS_Jetpack.esp=1
Eli_ArmourCollection.esp=1
Rangergearnew.esp=1
Scavenged NCR Armor.esp=1
The Rebel.esp=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
EasyLockpicking.esp=1
RichMerchants.esp=1
Survivalist.esp=1
Companion Infinite Ammo.esp=1
EFF.esp=1
Armor_Mods_Expanded_v1b2.esp=1
CraftableAmmo.esp=1
CraftableAmmo_plus.esp=1
Craftable Armor Size - Fix Material Requirements.esp=1
Craftable Armor Size.esp=1
LegendaryModification.esp=1
LegendaryModification2LM.esp=1
LegendaryModificationMisc.esp=1
LegendaryModificationCSA.esp=1
LegendaryModificationGroknak.esp=1
BetterGenerators.esp=1
Crafting Workbench.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo Special.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Automatron DLC.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Junk Items.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-MISC-Vanilla.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Tools-Weightless.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Weapons-Vanilla.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Drinks-Vanilla.esp=1
OCDispenser.esp=1
OCDecorator.esp=1
BetterJunkFences.esp=1
DD_All_the_COncrete.esp=1
Wall Oil Lamps.esp=1
Workshop_Planters.esp=1
AWKCRPatch-UFO4P.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-LITE-Audio.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-Performance-Fog.esp=1
WET.esp=1
WET Clearer.esp=1
Minutemenoverhaul.esp=1
EasyHacking.esp=1
Locksmith.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp=1
dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
SettlersRename.esp=1
AdvSettleTurretSet.esp=1
Build High - Expanded Settlements.esp=1
DD_TRUMP_2016_MAKE_MODDING_GREAT_AGAIN.esp=1
Homemaker - SK Integration Patch.esp=1
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp=1
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects SK.esp=1
RepairSanctuary.esp=1
SkjAlert_DLC01+.esp=1
SkjAlert_DLC02+.esp=1
SkjAlert_RS+.esp=1
Lower Damage Requirement For XP.esp=1
CHKJunk.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - No Crafting Perks.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp=1
SSEX.esp=1
ScrapDeadThings.esp=1
Power Conduits and Pylons - Increased Radius.esp=1
Northland Diggers.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
Friffy_Holstered Weapons.esp=1
FOX Coat.esp=1
DogBed.esp=1
DD_I_Ran_Out_Of_Funny_Names.esp=1
DD_Columnsandstuff_1_0.esp=1
BetterModDescriptions.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsAE.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsAWSO.esp=0
BetterModDescriptionsCAS.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLMCheat.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLM2LMCheat.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLMCSACheat.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLMMiscCheat.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLME.esp=0
BetterModDescriptionsMW.esp=0
FallComplete.esp=1
keyNuker.esp=1
AlienAssaultRifle.esp=1
DesertEagle50AE.esp=1
Extended weapon mods.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsEWM.esp=1
LK05.esp=1
M1911.esp=1
ModularKalash.esp=1
mjp_PTRS41ATR.esp=1
SkibsWeaponsMerged-AWKCR.esp=1
M14.esp=1
M2216.esp=1
M9.esp=1
P99.esp=1
WM Chinese Assault Rifle - Standalone.esp=1

And that's been sorted with a snapshot build of LOOT.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FlyinPingu posted:

Speaking of Maxson's Coat, I'd love a mod that scratches out the Brotherhood of Steel logo and replaces it with the Railroad's :v:

A better mod would be one that just removes the patch all together.

e; welp atleast the one you want exists: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3610/

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 16, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

7seven7 - just edit fallout4prefs.ini and put your resolution in by hand. Restart steam and you should be good.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

The Iron Rose posted:

7seven7 - just edit fallout4prefs.ini and put your resolution in by hand. Restart steam and you should be good.

Amazing! Cheers.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
We can't stop here, this is Ghoul Country! A Fear & Loathing style outfit that replaces a few in game items.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

“We had two bags of Rad-Away, seventy-five pellets of Mentats, five inhalers of high powered Ultra Jet, a salt shaker half full of Buffout, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of Bourbon, a quart of Rum, a case of Gwinnett Ale, a pint of Bobrov's best moonshine and two dozen Addictol. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious chem collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”

Otacon fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 16, 2016

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kinda want to replace Hancock's default outfit with this.

I'm going to be doing a Heavy Gunner character soon. Besides WBO, are there any other mods that would be great for heavy weapons?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

Kinda want to replace Hancock's default outfit with this.

I'm going to be doing a Heavy Gunner character soon. Besides WBO, are there any other mods that would be great for heavy weapons?

In case wbo doesn't give them enough damage in your opinion, there's mods that increase flamer and minigun damage. There's also a nice one that gives you alternate caliber choices for the minigun.

Depending on your preferred weapon, there's mods that add unique flamers, miniguns, and rocket launchers respectively. Would link but I'm at work.

If no one does by tonight I will.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Anyone have a mod they recommend that makes unarmed not garbage/boring/onlyhavelike3weapons?

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

The Iron Rose posted:

Fo4edit is waaaaaaaaaaay more user friendly and useful, so long as you don't need the CK specific functions. Most weapons were added to the game prior to the CK's release.

Does this apply to radio station creation, or am I going to need the CK for that? I'm either really out of practice or the new CK is way goddamned different.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

Does this apply to radio station creation, or am I going to need the CK for that? I'm either really out of practice or the new CK is way goddamned different.

No idea! Not my speciality, but radio mods certainly existed before the CK. That being said, I remember them being somewhat jankily implemented, so you might actually need the CK for them.

Nasgate posted:

In case wbo doesn't give them enough damage in your opinion, there's mods that increase flamer and minigun damage. There's also a nice one that gives you alternate caliber choices for the minigun.

Depending on your preferred weapon, there's mods that add unique flamers, miniguns, and rocket launchers respectively. Would link but I'm at work.

If no one does by tonight I will.

I actually really need to buff the flamer's range. Like really really need to buff the flamer's range. It's going in my next revision. Generally pretty happy with how the minigun and missile launcher turned out though!

I do need to figure out some way to make the gatling laser not a straight upgrade to the minigun though, so folks who use the latter don't feel like they're gimping themselves.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

No idea! Not my speciality, but radio mods certainly existed before the CK. That being said, I remember them being somewhat jankily implemented, so you might actually need the CK for them.

I actually really need to buff the flamer's range. Like really really need to buff the flamer's range. It's going in my next revision. Generally pretty happy with how the minigun and missile launcher turned out though!

I do need to figure out some way to make the gatling laser not a straight upgrade to the minigun though, so folks who use the latter don't feel like they're gimping themselves.

Imho, a higher damage or rof for the minigun with a higher spread would be pretty good.

The laser being more accurate makes sense and it's already more ammo efficient.

Close-medium vs medium to long range use.

I don't use the overhaul though so idk what you've already done.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Zelmel posted:

Anyone have a mod they recommend that makes unarmed not garbage/boring/onlyhavelike3weapons?

the worst part of unarmed is the fact that you only wear one boxing glove when you equip it

like what's the loving point

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
I haven't played since release but am feeling the itch.

Are the mods good enough now or should I give it another month or two for the CK to flush out? Last time I played mods made with certain tools corrupted your stuff pretty regularly.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kizurue posted:

Last time I played mods... corrupted your stuff pretty regularly.

This is perfectly normal.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Kizurue posted:

I haven't played since release but am feeling the itch.

Are the mods good enough now or should I give it another month or two for the CK to flush out? Last time I played mods made with certain tools corrupted your stuff pretty regularly.

That was way back in November. Once fo4edit came out that stopped being a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Taylor Swift posted:

A better mod would be one that just removes the patch all together.

e; welp atleast the one you want exists: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3610/

Yesss, thanks for this. Although I would prefer a version where the BoS logo was literally scratched out and painted over. :v:

• Locked thread