Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Were there a ton of extra ultron suits lying around?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bedlamdan posted:

The only DC movie I actually wanna see.

I knowwww but like... Why Black Adam? His exuberance would make for an amazing Shazam. Maybe they're trying to work out wether or not they can CG him as both characters before they cast Shazam proper :ohdear:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bring back old gbs posted:

I knowwww but like... Why Black Adam? His exuberance would make for an amazing Shazam. Maybe they're trying to work out wether or not they can CG him as both characters before they cast Shazam proper :ohdear:

Black Adam is "ethnic" whereas Billy Bastion and Shazam are white bread as poo poo. Also, I can see Black Adam as a tragic anti-hero.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Those look horrible

Also I didnt knoe you could screw up giant breasts covered in spandex but welp

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
This is the first promotional picture, in a long time, that actually looks worse than the suicide squad movie line up.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I love how awkward all the man-rangers's poses are. Black is trying really hard to strike a photogenic pose while red is kinda lost, blue is passive-aggressively slumming it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Acne Rain posted:

This is the first promotional picture, in a long time, that actually looks worse than the suicide squad movie line up.

It's pretty ironic. The SS sounds like a serious comic but the pictures show a camp and silly movie, while the Power Rangers suits look pretty serious for a Power Rangers movie.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

Those look horrible

Also I didnt knoe you could screw up giant breasts covered in spandex but welp

I honestly thought the Black Ranger was a woman at first. Those pec plates are too far pronounced in profile.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Young Freud posted:

I honestly thought the Black Ranger was a woman at first. Those pec plates are too far pronounced in profile.

New red ranger look more like lord zedd

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mass effect 4 looking pretty sweet

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I love the x men series way more than all the Mcu stuff but apocalypse looks AWFUL

:agreed:

They really went overboard with the campy look of some of the characters.

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Forget it, Jake, it's some kind of Chinatown.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

take a good look at the shoes on yellow/pink for a disappointing surprise!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i never watched power rangers why do they have glowing belly buttons

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

take a good look at the shoes on yellow/pink for a disappointing surprise!

Hahahaha

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Tiberius Christ posted:

i never watched power rangers why do they have glowing belly buttons

They're actually sexually mature teletubbies.

naem
May 29, 2011

Why do they have mouths molded into their metal face masks

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

naem posted:

Why do they have mouths molded into their metal face masks

originals in 90s show had them

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Of all the stupid dumb poo poo to get nostalgic about the power rangers are the dumbest and the shittiest.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ChogsEnhour posted:

Of all the stupid dumb poo poo to get nostalgic about the power rangers are the dumbest and the shittiest.

Im not nostalgic im just marveling at the lovely design. Even on its own rights it is really bad

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
My vitriol was more aimed at Hollywood than anyone else.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ChogsEnhour posted:

My vitriol was more aimed at Hollywood than anyone else.

It's bad but i still think movies based on classic board games are way worse

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Mange Mite posted:

Clue was hilarious, and clocked in at like 90 minutes.

ChogsEnhour posted:

It's a series that does not need a movie, as it already had a terrible movie in the 90s. It's a ripoff series of a Japanese kid's show, we don't need major blockbuster remake.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mange Mite posted:

There's a whoooooooole bunch of movies based on board games and toys in production. Ridley Scott was developing a Monopoly movie a while ago but that fell through, apparently Lionsgate and Hasbro have contracted Andrew Niccol (The Truman Show, Gattaca, Lord of War) to write a new script. Sony announced a Candyland movies starring Adam Sandler in 2012 but that ran into licencing issues and stalled. Sony also announced a joint Sony/Happy Madison film based on Tonka trucks as well as a Risk film with Will Smith's production company but those projects also seem to have stalled. There's also an animated Hungry Hungry Hippos in pre-production but there hasn't been much news on that.

Paul Feig is apparently going to make ae Play-Doh movie after Ghostbusters and there's also a Playmobil film in the works by a European production house. Hollywood has been trying to develop a Stretch Armstrong movie for at least 30 years (Dany DeVito signed up for it back in the 90s, then Jackie Chan, then Taylor Lautner a few years ago) but it looks like it'll become a TV series next year instead. Warner Bros finally got the licence to Dungeons and Dragons after a legal battle that lasted several years so they'll pump out a big budget film at some point, and there's also a Magic: The Gathering film in the works and Columbia is developing He-Man yet again. Sony is working on a live action Barbie movie, Universal is working on a live action Monster High dolls movie, the live action Jem & The Holograms movie came out last year. There's also going to be remakes of Jumanji and Clue.

There's a troll dolls movie coming out later this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfSfRJv2_XY

There's also a gigantic list of video game movies in production or just about to come out.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Monopoly: Wolf of Wall Street-style 'finance thriller' about the rise and fall of a corrupt british property magnate

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

lorn Wayne posted:

Monopoly: Wolf of Wall Street-style 'finance thriller' about the rise and fall of a corrupt british property magnate

His antagonists are a boot, a flat iron and a Scottie dog. The battleship is the love interest.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Who would play Shazam alongside the Rock? John Cena?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PassTheRemote posted:

Clue was hilarious, and clocked in at like 90 minutes.

Clue owns. It's on Netflix !

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

It's happened. Someone put this permanently onto themselves.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Kind of looks like it was painted on because it probably was.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Wedemeyer posted:

It's happened. Someone put this permanently onto themselves.

Whats his forums username?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Kind of looks like it was painted on because it probably was.

The tattoo artist's name is Tima Bulatov, and he's on facebook.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Immortan posted:

Whats his forums username?

Why is the text on the girl's shirt mirrored

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wedemeyer posted:

The tattoo artist's name is Tima Bulatov, and he's on facebook.

He's on Facebook you say? Oh, well, that changes everything.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The Greg Land face immortalized in flesh

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

He's on Facebook you say? Oh, well, that changes everything.

No dummy. He puts pics of his finished tattoos on his facebook. So you can look at this poo poo and see that it's not painted on. That's what I mean.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Wedemeyer posted:

No dummy. He puts pics of his finished tattoos on his facebook. So you can look at this poo poo and see that it's not painted on. That's what I mean.

oh you don't say? in that case i believe this fake as hell promotional stunt is real

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you're shocked someone would do that? have you seen some of the dumb as poo poo tats just on this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A bunch of the cast and crew got tattooed by the Suicide Squad:

Getting an amateur tattoo in a lovely studio lot trailer, that looks reeeal sanitary.
Will Smith can't tattoo for poo poo. :v: At least Margot Robbie looked like she was trying to do a good job, I guess.

They also had a promotional thing at the SXSW con where actual tattoo artists were giving people Suicide Squad tattoos for free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRqlHD8ZNgM

• Locked thread