Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Anyone playing gundam breaker 3: what are "plastics" used for? Also is there a guide I can use to set up a Singapore account? I've got a DL code to use for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Plastics AFAIK as just used for leveling up parts.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Kingtheninja posted:

Also is there a guide I can use to set up a Singapore account? I've got a DL code to use for it.

Should be able to just go here and sign up with Singapore set as your Country/Region selection:
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/reg/account/create-account!input.action?request_locale=en_SG

You'll need to use a different email address from your other PSN account(s).

When you come to needing an address, I just go to Google Maps and pick a random restaurant or store address.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

All the Best Buy stores I've been to in the last month have gotten rid of their few remaining Vita games and consoles. There are a few accessories and memory cards hanging around but they're getting out of the Vita racket.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Midjack posted:

All the Best Buy stores I've been to in the last month have gotten rid of their few remaining Vita games and consoles. There are a few accessories and memory cards hanging around but they're getting out of the Vita racket.

So discounts on 32GB maybe? I have a local BB but it's really empty.

E: BB site says no. drat.

Alder fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 15, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alder posted:

So discounts on 32GB maybe? I have a local BB but it's really empty.

E: BB site says no. drat.

Yeah, everything left was still full price. $50 for a 16 gigger, loving lol at that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Gamestop is the only place to find games. Maybe a Wal-Mart if you're lucky. Best Buy is just a shelf of preorders that weren't picked up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Anyone playing gundam breaker 3: what are "plastics" used for? Also is there a guide I can use to set up a Singapore account? I've got a DL code to use for it.

Plastic are free experience for your item Note that items scale and the higher you are the better quality plastic you need to even make a dent in them. As such don't both sitting on your low-quality plastic or whatever, it's going to become worthless super quick.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Last I checked gamestop like 6 months ago they had about half a shelf of vita games, the other used game store had a bit more but they also wanted 40 bucks for a copy of Ultimate MvC3. I checked 3 Wal-Marts and the only vita product I ever found was a returned one with the codes used. I guess I'd be more annoyed if I cared about having physical copies but lately I've only bought physical due to the prime preorder bonus.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Can I just stick the memory card I've been using for my regular-rear end Vita into a PSTV with no issues?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Trails of Cold Steel is a game I finally got around to playing past the prologue sections. The gameplay and writing are pretty darn amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

Trails of Cold Steel is a game I finally got around to playing past the prologue sections. The gameplay and writing are pretty darn amazing.

I've had this installed for over half a year now and still haven't launched it

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

In Training posted:

I've had this installed for over half a year now and still haven't launched it

I suggest playing the first two Trails in the Sky games first to gain some context going in. If you already have, then I recommend booting this game up right away.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Slur posted:

I suggest playing the first two Trails in the Sky games first to gain some context going in. If you already have, then I recommend booting this game up right away.

Aren't there 3?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waltzing Along posted:

Aren't there 3?

only the first two of them matter in the context of a single contained story

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Aren't there 3?

3rd's coming out next year.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Aren't there 3?

There are actually 5 games prior to Cold Steel, though only Trails in the Sky FC and SC have been localized so far but 3rd is being released sometime next year. Trails to Zero and Trails to Azure haven't been localized but those games take place parallel to the events of Cold Steel so it creates a situation where playing Cold Steel first will spoil you on some of the events on those games but playing Zero and Azure first would spoil you on some of the events of Cold Steel also, so ultimately they can be played in either order.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Thanks!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

I've played the first one for about 12 hours and petered out because it was a little too easy. Is Cold Steel's combat more involved? Because I felt like I was doing the same stuff in hour 12 that I was doing in hour 1 and still being successful, it was a little flat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Why not bump the difficulty up?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sadly it's one of those games where you can't change the difficulty once you start, I don't think. At least I never saw that option.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah I know, I guess asking to reinvest 12 hours is a bit too much in these times.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

I've played the first one for about 12 hours and petered out because it was a little too easy. Is Cold Steel's combat more involved? Because I felt like I was doing the same stuff in hour 12 that I was doing in hour 1 and still being successful, it was a little flat.

On Normal, most of Cold Steel will be about as easy as Sky, although there are a few tough bosses and Cold Steel's combat has more to do in general. Try it on Hard.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 16, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More Uppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m8f9WzgaVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTw7FVAa-74

The human pole video showcases my biggest gripe with the game, all the movements are clunky and very slow, taking away all the impact from the combat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm actually with D_T now that does look pretty meh, also is there no music at all? Ugh.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

In Training posted:

The difficulty starts picking up towards the end on normal difficulty. You could always crank it up to hard and try again.

However, I do recommend you complete it because of the way the story works in the game. Cold Steel blatantly spoils a major spoiler from SC right at the first few minutes into the game.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm actually with D_T now that does look pretty meh, also is there no music at all? Ugh.
Game looks slow, but I am digging the destructible environments and the general look of the game. If they would just speed it up a little, I think it would help tremendously.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I got Muramasa from PS+ a couple years ago, played it, and I think had my save files just kind of poof on me one day which caused me to drop it.

Is there any way that the save files are just hidden on my Vita somewhere, or does it sound like I accidentally deleted them at some point?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Erg posted:

I got Muramasa from PS+ a couple years ago, played it, and I think had my save files just kind of poof on me one day which caused me to drop it.

Is there any way that the save files are just hidden on my Vita somewhere, or does it sound like I accidentally deleted them at some point?

You didn't happen to put it up in the cloud, did you?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

Now that you mention it, I don't remember the background music used in the demo stages, only the one used in the "hub".

RanKizama posted:

Game looks slow, but I am digging the destructible environments and the general look of the game. If they would just speed it up a little, I think it would help tremendously.

That is the weird thing, the game runs pretty smoothly and going through the stages is pretty fast is just the combat that is slow as molasses is like they used those small pauses to highlight the strenght of the attacks but by doing so, they slowed the combat as whole. For example, there's a sort of bullet time triggered when you are holding the defense button and one enemy attacks, you avoid their attack in slow motion and you can counterattack on your own but so far is the same canned animation and takes all the impact of it. Valkyrie Drive uses a similar approach with the dodge mechanics, dodging in the nick of time will slowdown the movement in the screen for a second to highlight your dodge but it doesn't feel obtrusive at all (even when it happens many times in sucession) and since is timing sensitive it actually makes you feel like a badass when you can pull it off.

There's also barely any sense of flow within the combat, you can't go from enemy to enemy smoothly, you deal with one enemy, pause while the character focus in other enemy, repeat. Is almost like the characters would use tank controls or something.

The animation of the atatcks is also pretty stilted, making it feel like you're punching mannequins rather than mooks and for all the focus they're giving to the "crazy" attacks, they also fail to feel smoothly integrated in the stages/combat. The mooks are also decently agressive but they literally stop reacting if you go for one of those environment sensitive actions, is pretty weird.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There's also barely any sense of flow within the combat, you can't go from enemy to enemy smoothly, you deal with one enemy, pause while the character focus in other enemy, repeat. Is almost like the characters would use tank controls or something.

how do you feel about any beat-em-up from the 90s

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

For whatever reason (anti-piracy!!!!) the save files for Vita games on the system are all baked in to the main install, there's no way of accessing them other than backing them up to the online storage.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Well, the ones I spend all my allowance back then (Cadillacs&Dinosaurs, AlienVsPredator, The Punisher)were never that stillted. AVP in particular was pretty drat fast actually.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Takoluka posted:

There were some good ones but they were also made in the 90's not 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

There were some good ones but they were also made in the 90's not 2016

I dunno, man. Final Fight is a better beat-em-up than Senran Kagura, so it's not like "you can't go from enemy to enemy smoothly, you deal with one enemy, pause while the character focus in other enemy, repeat" is a bad thing.

That's just me, I guess. I think Uppers looks fine, though those example videos are some of the absolute worst examples. It's less that "the game looks janky" and more "the player apparently doesn't know how to play it". Kinda like how Theater Mode for Metroid: Other M took a bad game and made it look even worse.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Takoluka posted:

You didn't happen to put it up in the cloud, did you?

Nah, I checked once I redownloaded the game and there's nothing there

Oh well :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics is coming overseas.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

nice, definitely something i'd like to have portable. didn't occur to me until a saw the comment asking about a physical release, but you think this will be a full $40 title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
No.

One Way Heroics is like 5 bucks on steam. So in the very least it's going to be 15-20 bucks.

Edit: Probably 10 after checking the actual price on steam.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 16, 2016