Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Wrar posted:

You can do both.

(And a Venn diagram would show that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Not my pic, but that's gotta hurt.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Me a few months ago whilst discussing craigslist shenanigans with a friend:
"How the gently caress are people always losing their titles, I don't understand how they don't immediately put that poo poo in a safe place and leave it there."

Me, today, getting my beater truck ready for sale:

*orders replacement title*

:downs:

At least when I was looking for said misplaced title, I found a cool little homemade birthday card I never noticed in with my E30 folder. It has a rad old picture of my E30 on the front, the guy I bought it from must have gotten it as a gift from his parents after they were done with it. Card says "It's all yours. Tear up that Promissory Note. Happy Birthday, Love Dad" :kimchi:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

kris_b posted:

Nah, I still own an F40.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

kris_b posted:

Not the first time a Fiero has broken down on the highway.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

kris_b posted:

Bonus: breaking down in that particular spot is guaranteed to gently caress the preceeding 30km of motorway for about three hours regardless of how briefly you were there.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Sigma X posted:

So you want to discourage speeding and running from the cops, knock yourself out. But don't try to make reality out to be something it isn't just because a false picture better suits your narrative. Really quick Google searches will turn up articles and briefs about limited pursuit rules, and if you're lucky, you'll even be able to directly find your state or local police's ACTUAL PURSUIT POLICY. Most of them show just how much of a loving pain in the rear end it is to pursue someone.

Again, you're missing the point. The pursuit doesn't matter. They likely aren't going to chase you, they're just going to call ahead to the next couple jurisdictions over and when you stop for gas you'd best hope that there's not a cruiser waiting to have a little chat with you. You can outrun the locals, but in the middle term that sportbike's not carrying enough fuel to make it to Mexico. :)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I wasn't into Deadpool either but I'm not a dick about it. I didn't read comics as a kid so maybe those movies aren't for me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i still haven't seen it yet

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Liquid Communism posted:

Again, you're missing the point. The pursuit doesn't matter. They likely aren't going to chase you, they're just going to call ahead to the next couple jurisdictions over and when you stop for gas you'd best hope that there's not a cruiser waiting to have a little chat with you. You can outrun the locals, but in the middle term that sportbike's not carrying enough fuel to make it to Mexico. :)

Half a tank on anything but a chopper would get me to Mexico, point disproven, you lose fucko

:v:

That said, in my dumber days I've passed a cop at 140 and had him shake his head. And when younger I had one start to chase because I passed him doing 80 in a 70, and I got away.

I really don't understand how I'm still alive. I was a loving idiot when I was younger.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

fyodor posted:

I wasn't into Deadpool either but I'm not a dick about it. I didn't read comics as a kid so maybe those movies aren't for me.

I've never been into comic books and had no clue who Deadpool was before the movie, but I knew it was a comic-book movie and I enjoyed the hell out of it for what it was. It was obviously not a movie that took itself seriously, I mean c'mon, they make fun of the studio for not being able to afford more X-men right in the movie itself.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

CharlesM posted:

I saw it, didn't know what to say. :)

I haven't seen it but wouldn't it be edited a lot if being shown on a plane?
Well for the record it's a fiero chassis, with that VW cabriolet body widened 2 inches to fit, don't remember the exact engine but it's got that giant turbo with the air filter fitted directly to it and giant intercooler mounted right on top. Sounded mean and the dude knew his poo poo.

The Locator posted:

I've never been into comic books and had no clue who Deadpool was before the movie, but I knew it was a comic-book movie and I enjoyed the hell out of it for what it was. It was obviously not a movie that took itself seriously, I mean c'mon, they make fun of the studio for not being able to afford more X-men right in the movie itself.
I didn't read the comics either, but the movie was great *because* knew exactly what it was. Not much replay value, but a great show the first time through.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 16, 2016

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

corn in the fridge posted:

Books provide more than just entertainment. Unless, of course, you don't read very good books.

I'd say a good 95% of the books I read are industry or academic. The other 5% fall into the I'll finish reading it someday category which means I usually watch the movie and call it a day. It's like a mechanic having a lovely car or a computer tech having a lovely computer. I'm surrounded by books all day so at the end of the day I'd rather look at a screen than have to read another loving book or evwn worse.. Subtitles.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

On the topic of speed limits, in March I road tripped from Colorado through Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Oregon and all the rural interstates were 80 mph speed limits, except Oregon which was 75. I set my cruise at 2-3 mph over and I was passing people like a madman. There were a few radar speed signs that confirmed my speedo is correct so it was interesting that a majority of people don't even want to do 80. My car feels like it wants to cruise at 80 so it was an amazing trip. I never once had someone run up in my rearview going faster than me, except in Metro areas.

And I'm gonna do it again next weekend.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

LloydDobler posted:

On the topic of speed limits, in March I road tripped from Colorado through Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Oregon and all the rural interstates were 80 mph speed limits, except Oregon which was 75. I set my cruise at 2-3 mph over and I was passing people like a madman. There were a few radar speed signs that confirmed my speedo is correct so it was interesting that a majority of people don't even want to do 80. My car feels like it wants to cruise at 80 so it was an amazing trip. I never once had someone run up in my rearview going faster than me, except in Metro areas.

And I'm gonna do it again next weekend.
My car drives a hell of a lot better at 90 than it does at 10.

Fun story, driving home Thursday night, doing 85-90, see cars backed up on the other side of the interstate. Start to slow down... and get flashing blue lights in the rear view. gently caress. blinker and move over.... light go off and cop goes by. My response was a confused "What the gently caress? He lit me up at 85 and then changed his mind?!" Guess he just wanted to get to the accident and I wasn't going fast enough for him. Twas dark and I had 0 idea it was a cop behind me. :(

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Interstate speed limit in mt is up to 80 as well. Although that's slower than when i was 16.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cross the border into alberta, and you're cut down to 110kph, or 68mph, with all but the widest superhighways being 100kph or 62mph.

Highway 2 is built for 200kph but do 140kph on it and you're literally satan.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

jamal posted:

Interstate speed limit in mt is up to 80 as well. Although that's slower than when i was 16.

Before the summer of '99 (I think) the speed limit on the interstates in Montana was "Reasonable Speed".

I have this memory of those times...

I might have had a different concept of 'reasonable' than some people. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fyodor posted:

I feel we need to get corn's opinion on Fury Road.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I think you all need to block corn.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

I think you all need to block corn.

I have almost come to enjoy corn's posts now due to the reaction he gets. They are like traps laid to catch people who reply without first checking who made the post.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

British post:
Con: A tooth just broke.
Pro: it'll be fixed this week for £60.

Local to me steam railway also has a military event on during my birthday this weekend, going to go pose the kids in some weapons of mass destruction.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Motofest is 4/5th June. This is all a 10 minute walk from my house...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95vHBb7GLyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kWW8-qSD0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGeieYsmjQE

Gon be good. I love how they shut down half of the ring road for it too.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Superhero movies usually suck but Deadpool is hilarious.

Edit: Dude at work is saying he had to dress up as a Jedi at a Star Wars themed wedding over the weekend. :wtf:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

88h88 posted:

Motofest is 4/5th June. This is all a 10 minute walk from my house...

Gon be good. I love how they shut down half of the ring road for it too.

That looks awesome, very similar to the historic grand prix we have every year literally 900 meters from my front door.

This year, we'll have a full 30-car field of legend cars. I am sure it will be utter glorious mayhem in every way.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

That looks awesome, very similar to the historic grand prix we have every year literally 900 meters from my front door.

This year, we'll have a full 30-car field of legend cars. I am sure it will be utter glorious mayhem in every way.

Any excuse to get race cars on the streets is a great excuse.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If it's a beater already it's time to do some science experiments on it. Do they have JB Weld steel stick in Blighty?
I'm going to pull it off and clean it up to find all the holes first, I'm hoping that a couple of strategic tack welds will seal it back up.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Superhero movies usually suck but Deadpool is hilarious.

Edit: Dude at work is saying he had to dress up as a Jedi at a Star Wars themed wedding over the weekend. :wtf:

Please don't doxx me

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Liquid Communism posted:

That's not going to happen when the identifying information the officer has is "black sportbike that passed me doing 110".

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah if some cruiser at a gas station tries to question you at all I assume you'd have to ask is "oh hmm what was the license plate number of this 'bike matching my description?'" And they might gently caress off. You would have to know your legal rights pretty decently to be able to get away with it in the long run

That being said this will only work if you're white

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nm I found it

Edit: my dog woke me up last night being really loud and making all kinds of snoring noise

Turns out if you stick your nose against someone's neck it makes farty noises

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 16, 2016

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I too do not usually like superhero movies, but instead of going to see them and then complaining I just avoid them completely.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Ugh.

We have two 2014 F150s. Both with tow all our trailers except one. One of the trucks can't tow a certain trailer because the brakes locked up. The other truck does it no problem. Wth.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

88h88 posted:

I feel we need to get corn's opinion on Fury Road.

I have not seen it nor do I have any desire to

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

You're cherry picking questions. Please elucidate your book choices so we may see what such an erudite gentleman prefers.

And my goddamned rear end in a top hat dog knocked my laptop over and stomped the nice 4k screen. :mad:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I am pretty sure I'm going to be buying a golf cart for neighborhood banzai blasts. After looking at the customization some people do, I feel like this could be a bottomless money pit I really don't want to go down, but drat if wouldn't be fun.

Tide fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 16, 2016

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

What's your opinion on which veg should be kept in the fridge?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Hackers; terrible, awesome, or terribly awesome? Inquiring minds want to know.

meatpimp posted:

You're cherry picking questions. Please elucidate your book choices so we may see what such an erudite gentleman prefers.

Also, this.

keykey fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 16, 2016

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Simple contrarianism isn't very good trolling. At least put a little effort in, corn. This is just sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Everything I post is my genuine honest opinion, im not a troll

• Locked thread