Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Has there been any news on l5r lcg other than the announcement? Doesn't seem like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Failboattootoot posted:

Has there been any news on l5r lcg other than the announcement? Doesn't seem like it.

Probably not going to hear anything till the official announcement at Gencon this year.

Merauder posted:

Surprising number of Maester supporters in the FB communities too, I noticed.

Apparently there was a Maester thing in first edition that was pretty good which is leading to people wanting that deck back.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Yeah, wasn't the maester deck pretty top tier in first edition?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Chaotic Flame posted:

Yeah, wasn't the maester deck pretty top tier in first edition?

They eventually nerfed it, but it was super broken and good for a while.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I'm rooting for Armies because Knights already have a bunch of awesome synergies and support cards in 2.0, so I'm least interested in them getting a new special agenda. Maesters would be my second pick, because they're just less interesting to me than Armies in general; it would seem that even with a multi-faction Maester deck they'd basically be used supplementally to any deck's strategy (based on the current Maesters we have seen anyway) and not cards at the forefront of the deck. Maybe the Agenda would change that, but...eh, I dunno.

e: Splashing in Aemon into any other non-NW deck to negate Mil claim (always claim him and just use him to save himself) and being able to fish him out with the Maester plot seems cute though... Of course we don't know what other deck-building restrictions the agendas will have, so who knows I guess.

Merauder fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 14, 2016

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I want Knights because I don't want their only archetype to involve power rush with Ladies (and Tyrell). Knights have a lot of interesting named characters already as well, as opposed to Army which are mostly non-uniques. I also want that playmate of The Red Keep, drat.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PaybackJack posted:

Probably not going to hear anything till the official announcement at Gencon this year.

Apparently there was a Maester thing in first edition that was pretty good which is leading to people wanting that deck back.

It's next year they're debuting it. Honestly if AEG hadn't been concerned about letting fans know it wasn't dead, just changing, we probably wouldn't even have that announcement

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Literally The Worst posted:

It's next year they're debuting it. Honestly if AEG hadn't been concerned about letting fans know it wasn't dead, just changing, we probably wouldn't even have that announcement

I'm saying that FFG does "state of the union" style press releases at their Worlds and also at GenCon where they run down all the new products coming for each title and also announce new ones. So although L5R won't debut until next year at GenCon, I would imagine there will be a feature during their press event where they show off something like new card designs, or a box cover.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
In Conquest news, I won Regionals (my report is over here). Eldorath has been less popular recently, but I think he's still quite good.

Also, there have been lots and lots of Necron spoilers recently, and rumors indicate the Necrons will release in a week or two. They're looking pretty cool, too...

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Fetterkey posted:

Also, there have been lots and lots of Necron spoilers recently, and rumors indicate the Necrons will release in a week or two.

CSI has the release date for the 25th. They've been pretty accurate on their end, especially on timescales < 1 month.

Also, pro tip, if a Martell is holding back two money, don't claim 2 military without a Hand's Judgment. T1 losses are really brutal...

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fetterkey posted:

In Conquest news, I won Regionals (my report is over here). Eldorath has been less popular recently, but I think he's still quite good.

Also, there have been lots and lots of Necron spoilers recently, and rumors indicate the Necrons will release in a week or two. They're looking pretty cool, too...

Good job at the tourney. Nice to see Eldorath still able to compete.

Also some of my friends did some playtesting for necrons, and apparently they're albe to ally with everyone, but you have to choose which at the start of your turns you can actually play (or so it was during playtesting).

GrandpaPants posted:

CSI has the release date for the 25th. They've been pretty accurate on their end, especially on timescales < 1 month.

Also, pro tip, if a Martell is holding back two money, don't claim 2 military without a Hand's Judgment. T1 losses are really brutal...
Also remember that 2 money can be 1 money + house card if they're running fealty.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Finally cracked up the two GoT cores I got for my birthday. Had some really fun Barartheon/Tyrell hijinks -- lost every game but had a ton of fun.

Excited to revenge buy my brother some cores for his birthday that's coming up so he'll go deep into debt/addiction too.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

alansmithee posted:

Good job at the tourney. Nice to see Eldorath still able to compete.

Also some of my friends did some playtesting for necrons, and apparently they're albe to ally with everyone, but you have to choose which at the start of your turns you can actually play (or so it was during playtesting).

Also remember that 2 money can be 1 money + house card if they're running fealty.

Speaking of Fealty, a lot of people think they can just kneel for it at any time to pay a cost. It has to be during an action window though, which can be a big difference in the timing of events or ambushes, etc.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Beat Conflict at the carrock. Lost a few times first. Got threated out once and just overwhelmed some other time. Getting Grimbeorn seems key. Even with a Gandalf threat reduction I had all the tropls engage straight away. But I had Grimbeorn to defend it nicely. With a bit of healing help. Then killed the trolls in 3 rounds. Smashed it when I won. Edged to failure when I lost.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And now just finished Journey to Rhosgobel in one. Cheers Healing herbs and Elrond Ally. No Athelas needed. Done in the 4th round.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I just got a bunch of new LOTR cards and ordered some fancy sleeves and a card binder. I bought the last three adventure packs for the mirkwood cycle and the Kazad Dum deluxe expansion. No one has the adventure packs in though so I bought the Hobbit saga expansions instead.

With all of the Mirkwood stuff and the Kazad Dum expansion I should have enough cards to be ok with the Hobbit stuff right? Also is there a planned reprint for the adventure packs that are unavailable?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should be doable with those cards. And there should be a reprint, but not sure on when it's planned. They seem to go through and do reprints every so often though.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 15, 2016

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The cycle after Mirkwood is "on the boat"

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Finally beat Journey Down The Anduin, thanks to a Beorn, 2x Gandalfs, and a Stand And Fight in my opening hand. Also got SUPER lucky that all 3 Necromancer's Reaches got drawn as shadow cards.

Final thoughts: EAT loving poo poo, HILL TROLLS

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

djfooboo posted:

The cycle after Mirkwood is "on the boat"

No it's not, it's "Dwarrowdelf"

...:v:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

COOL CORN posted:

Final thoughts: EAT loving poo poo, HILL TROLLS

Enjoy Conflict at the Carrock

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Conflict at the Carrock is hilarious with a low-threat Hobbit deck that just pulls and shanks the trolls individually.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
:shepicide: Just tried Dol Guldur for the first time, 2 handed, and got my poo poo pushed in.

Two Jailors and Ungoliant's Spawn in the initial encounter draw is rough.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Are the quest cards usually unique? I mean, do Dul Guldor encounter cards appear in any other quests?

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

PerniciousKnid posted:

Are the quest cards usually unique? I mean, do Dul Guldor encounter cards appear in any other quests?

Every scenario usually has 1 encounter set unique to it and named after the scenario and 1 or more encounter sets that appear in multiple scenario of the cycle. One exception I can think of the the Journey Along The Anduin set which for some reason is also used in the first few scenarios of the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Anyone ever play LOTR on OCTGN? I usually play solo at night or on my lunch break.

Actually gonna be playing tonight if anyone's up for a game. I'm trying to beat Dol Guldur :getin:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I play on OCTGN both solo and with a friend

Any advice on how to beat Flight from Moria, both strategy and deck construction? Just kicked our asses.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
So when you're playing Erestor as one of your heroes, and your entire deck is based around playing 3+ cards per turn and discards everything it doesn't play, then Oppressive Forest (from the first Tom Bombadil print-on-demand quest, "while this is in the staging area, players can't play more than one card per round") is a real motherfucker.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I'm down for some OCTGN, I usually play in the evenings EST.

I just beat Return to Mirkwood at 46 | 45 threat. I feel slightly ill. It will probably be a while before I replay that one.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If there is a "Response: ... Any player may trigger this response." Can multiple players trigger the response? I feel like they can't, but I don't see why not.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

I play on OCTGN both solo and with a friend

Any advice on how to beat Flight from Moria, both strategy and deck construction? Just kicked our asses.

Tactics Hero Boromir. He's always good but if you make it to the final stage of the quest he can escape in a single round instead of the standard four.
Lots of the shadow effects are +ATK or deal direct damage, so anything that increases HP - Citadel Plate, Elven Mail, Ent Draught.
Take extra treachery cancellation because the treacheries are brutal.

When a card gives you an option between (A) and (Surge), always take (A).
Always send a cheap ally questing with your heroes in case you hit Sudden Pitfall.

Amoeba102 posted:

If there is a "Response: ... Any player may trigger this response." Can multiple players trigger the response? I feel like they can't, but I don't see why not.

LOTR LCG FAQ posted:

(1.08) Responses per Trigger
If a response or forced response is triggered, the effect
can only occur once per trigger.

So the triggering event will still only have happened once, it's just that anyone can choose to react to it. Like Robin Smallburrow has "Response: After you travel to a location... Any player may trigger this response." but the trigger is the travelling, which occurs one time.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

For anyone wanting to know more about the Gencon mega 12-person LoTR:LCG thing, The Siege of Annuminas. This is what I got after registering. I am planning on going with an Ent deck. Pretty stoked.

quote:

Fantasy Flight Games presents a Gen Con 2016 special event for 1-12 players: The Siege of Annuminas! In this unique scenario for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game players must protect the Dunedain city of Annuminas from the ravaging hordes of Angmar. Players may play the scenario as a single team of 1-4 players in standard mode, or join two other teams to play the scenario in epic multiplayer mode. Each team must defeat their own stage in order for the players as a group to save the city and win the game. Epic multiplayer mode divides a group of 3-12 players into 3 teams who play at 3 different stages simultaneously. Each stage is its own game with its own staging area and requires its own encounter deck to play. Participating players will each receive a copy of the Gen Con-exclusive quest “The Siege of Annuminas”, however we will provide copies of the encounter deck to play with at the event so players need not use their own. Each player must bring a deck, threat dial, and tokens to participate. Players participate in this event as part of a team of up to 4 players. If you do not have a team, we will do our best to match you with other available players. Each group will consist of up to three 4-player teams. Within each 4-player team, a Hero cannot be duplicated, however, multiple players may play the same Hero in the same group, but will be seated in separate teams. In an effort to help build groups for the event, please show up early and allow some time at the beginning of the event to be paired with your team before play can begin.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

djfooboo posted:

For anyone wanting to know more about the Gencon mega 12-person LoTR:LCG thing, The Siege of Annuminas. This is what I got after registering. I am planning on going with an Ent deck. Pretty stoked.

Super pumped for it. I haven't decided what kind of deck to make yet though. I'll probably have some super basic deck though for worries of uniques.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

ChiTownEddie posted:

Super pumped for it. I haven't decided what kind of deck to make yet though. I'll probably have some super basic deck though for worries of uniques.

Build the worst gimmick deck you ever wanted, it'll be unique and the impact will be averaged out among the large party.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Wait, if uniqueness doesn't matter across the three teams, and each has their own encounter deck, and they play at separate staging areas. . . . how is this any different from 3 separate games going on at the same time? Is there no connection other than "you all have to win or it doesn't count"?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I imagine they will impact each other somehow. Like is group A doesn't kill the Orc master you need more questing for stage 2b at group b or something.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
My order from PrinterStudio.com came in today, and it's really excellent quality.

$13 and I'm all set on dividers through the end of Dwarrowdelf. They have a linen finish on them, and the print is great.

Highly recommended! It's a bit of a pain in the rear end to get the order set up on their website, but it's not too bad.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

COOL CORN posted:

My order from PrinterStudio.com came in today, and it's really excellent quality.

$13 and I'm all set on dividers through the end of Dwarrowdelf. They have a linen finish on them, and the print is great.

Highly recommended! It's a bit of a pain in the rear end to get the order set up on their website, but it's not too bad.

These are neat, do you have the templates for any other games? Also did you have to cut them yourself?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Deviant posted:

These are neat, do you have the templates for any other games? Also did you have to cut them yourself?

LOTR is the only template I've seen - I didn't make it myself, I just uploaded the images using the settings that the guy on BGG suggested.

I did have to cut them all though, that was kind of a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

COOL CORN posted:

I was looking at doing these myself but then shipping came out to more than the cards, so I was at least going to wait and do every set printed so far, plus some blanks I think.

Fake edit: when I looked into it a week ago, it was like $20 for the cards and $22 for shipping or some stupid poo poo. Where did you ship to, and what was the total cost?