Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm sure tf2 will still have a community after Overwatch is out, it's a f2p game and there are always kids/people who can't afford to spend money on new games.

I just think it's funny that there are people that are mad that their favorite game now has a competitor, instead of being happy that there's now a new game that is similar to the one they love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

some people can only play The Newest and Best Games

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TF2 never interested me all that much but I'm hooked on Overwatch and the reason is that OW is maximum bae.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just beat Geist in Bravely Second and it was a p cool boss fight but now I have to go to work and don't have enough time to finish Chapter 3.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

yes but it is imperceptible to the human eye much liek the difference between 30 and 60 fps

Motion caps around 30, but flicker goes up to 75.

Back in the heyday of PC+CRTs, I was "85MHz or bust" gamer :getin:

But that didn't stop me from enjoying a game I thought was good. :shobon:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mistle posted:

Motion caps around 30, but flicker goes up to 75.

Back in the heyday of PC+CRTs, I was "85MHz or bust" gamer :getin:

But that didn't stop me from enjoying a game I thought was good. :shobon:

yeah like, sure 60 fps looks better than 30 but the frame rate is pretty low on the big list of things that determine whether i enjoy a game

chill out, friends

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

setafd posted:

some people can only play The Newest and Best Games

I have an acquaintance who has some kind of moral opposition to playing any game that he could run on his previous non prohibitively expensive PC. If the game isn't pushing the tech envelope it's a waste of time for him to play it.

Looper posted:

yeah like, sure 60 fps looks better than 30 but the frame rate is pretty low on the big list of things that determine whether i enjoy a game

chill out, friends

If it was easy to get 60 fps on every game without sacrificing other aspects of the games or bloating the budget, we would already have it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How is everyone doing today?

My fiancee took us out to a nice tiny little restaurant at our mall where she had stromboli and I had a calzone and it was good!

She only ate half of her stromboli tho because she got full on the first half, and then I accidentally left the other half at gamestop because I accidentally knocked over one of their empty xbone boxes they had and when I set the food down to fix the box, I never picked it back up :( I feel bad about that. She says she isn't mad and doesn't care but I still feel bad since she paid money for that food and because of me she can't eat the rest of it.

I think I will maybe play a game, though idk what game, might try to fiddle with marvel heroes some more, see if I can't find some settings where it runs okay enough to play

I hope everyone else had a good day today!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I have an acquaintance who has some kind of moral opposition to playing any game that he could run on his previous non prohibitively expensive PC. If the game isn't pushing the tech envelope it's a waste of time for him to play it.

If it was easy to get 60 fps on every game without sacrificing other aspects of the games or bloating the budget, we would already have it.

that's cool i guess but i'm not really sure what you're responding to

FirstAidKite posted:

How is everyone doing today?

My fiancee took us out to a nice tiny little restaurant at our mall where she had stromboli and I had a calzone and it was good!

She only ate half of her stromboli tho because she got full on the first half, and then I accidentally left the other half at gamestop because I accidentally knocked over one of their empty xbone boxes they had and when I set the food down to fix the box, I never picked it back up :( I feel bad about that. She says she isn't mad and doesn't care but I still feel bad since she paid money for that food and because of me she can't eat the rest of it.

make her a stromboli!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

make her a stromboli!

I don't know how!! and I don't think I have the ingredients to anyway

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Doom is really sweet.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Tenzarin posted:

Doom is really sweet.

Are...

are those the remains of the Icon of Sin? :stare:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Doom is really sweet.

this looks a lot less piss-covered than the Steam screenshots

heres a dog

http://i.imgur.com/Qg7g0pC.gifv

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Something I very much never thought I'd type: the king's quest reboot is very cool and good

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
The ending of Uncharted 4 is super good and made me cry. Happy tears of closure. I'm glad it wasn't a sad ending where beloved characters die.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

idk ask kotaku in action, someone posted a link to it on 4chan and I laughed, it's probably still there

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mak0rz posted:

Are...

are those the remains of the Icon of Sin? :stare:

No that is a Titan. It's mentions in one of the collectable PDA's. But the Icon of Sin is in the game. You can get a secret from it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Wamdoodle posted:

No that is a Titan. It's mentions in one of the collectable PDA's. But the Icon of Sin is in the game. You can get a secret from it.

i need to play this game so bad but im a filthy poor and don't even have the necessary hardware let alone the game :sigh:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hubris.height posted:

idk ask kotaku in action, someone posted a link to it on 4chan and I laughed, it's probably still there
on the other hand, dont go to KiA or 4chan

stay here with your Friends

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Watched someone play the new Doom and it looks fun as poo poo

Lotta surprises lately. I think this year will be a real golden era of gaming with uncharted 4, no man's sky, persona 5 and final fantasy 15 all owning hard

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

Lotta surprises lately. I think this year will be a real golden era of gaming with uncharted 4, no man's sky, persona 5 and final fantasy 15 all owning hard

weird u would forget to mention dark sousl 3 and nier 2 as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

Last year was already one of the best years in gaming history (Bloodborne, MGSV and Mario maker)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Quest For Glory II posted:

on the other hand, dont go to KiA or 4chan

stay here with your Friends

this website was founded using laughs at retards on the internet

get out and see the spectrum of hilarity available to you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also love pretty much every final fantasy game but I played the Episode Duscae demo for a while and I think the game is gonna kinda blow.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

I also love pretty much every final fantasy game but I played the Episode Duscae demo for a while and I think the game is gonna kinda blow.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

yeah itws bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like...SaGa 1 and 2, I remember them being p fun

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Looper posted:

Just weighing in on the FPS situation. 60 FPS is good but also not easy.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's not easy being sixty

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
double groovy, double grand, double flavor in your hand, lalalalala

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

I like...SaGa 1 and 2, I remember them being p fun

final fantasy legend 2 is crazy good and it's a massive shame they didn't release the remake in english

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish we had gotten any of the remakes, because tbh I remember enjoying the first and second game but I don't actually remember much about them except the bombed out japan area of the first FFL and the race and odin in FFL2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh also

http://www.vaporiumempire.com/814/

This place opened up recently

hahaha

It's kinda funny walking around a mall and seeing a hookah/ecig place that's just called "VAPORIUM 814!"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I played it and I think it's gonna be good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hubris.height posted:

this website was founded using laughs at retards on the internet

get out and see the spectrum of hilarity available to you
we're all idiots on the internet. i just want to make friends. i am a Social Friend Warrior

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

hubris.height posted:

idk ask kotaku in action

oh man
I wouldn't touch KiA with a 99 1/2 ft pole

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh also

http://www.vaporiumempire.com/814/

This place opened up recently

hahaha

It's kinda funny walking around a mall and seeing a hookah/ecig place that's just called "VAPORIUM 814!"
There is seriously an ecig place on every block here now, I would think I'd have found at least one with a fun name but there's poo poo all

Plus every drug store and gas station sells the poo poo too, and there's all the online stores, I can't imagine how all these local ecig shops stay in business

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

I played it and I think it's gonna be good.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. The demo had good parts to it and I hope the game is more good than bad.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Just weighing in on the FPS situation. 60 FPS is good but also not easy.

oh yeah for sure. i appreciate when it's there but i get why it's not a number one priority for most developers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CrashCat posted:

There is seriously an ecig place on every block here now, I would think I'd have found at least one with a fun name but there's poo poo all

Plus every drug store and gas station sells the poo poo too, and there's all the online stores, I can't imagine how all these local ecig shops stay in business

It's partly a quality and variety thing. Like getting booze at the grocer versus an actual liquor store. And partly because most of those places don't sell juice.
I had a coworker who had a side business selling juice and tanks for vapes. Made pretty good money before he got off probation and went through his 5 thousand dollar head stash of coke in one weekend.

• Locked thread