Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Pandanaut posted:

A boat with Ramsay, Dany and Tyrion on it catches fire and starts sinking. Who do D&D kill?

The sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

So who died this episode and what important things happened today, for those who don't have HBO. The context clues are kinda hard to complete

Osha died nobody cared since she was unimportant forever.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Osha died nobody cared since she was unimportant forever.

I cared due to not getting one last look at them rude titties.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

FourLeaf posted:

sooooo how accurate were those "spoilers"? i can't watch until tomorrow.

They were weirdly inaccurate in that they got some bits right that weren't in trailers/set photos but was like, 60% wrong.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Shrapnig posted:

That was a pretty bad episode.

Were it not for the boarding of the recently finished S.S Brienne + Tormund ship, this episode totally blew.

Ramsay doing more Ramsay stuff

Everyone in the room previously knowing Cersei is an idiot suddenly get hit by the Idiot Ball themselves and decide her plan is ok and can't even see through her blatant "do you want your son back" manipulation. Tommen commiting suicide is now completely possible, I would kill myself too if I was tasked with holding a whole continent together and all the people who are supposed to be helping me make things worse

Daenerys...really??? Even the leader of the Dosh Kaleen kneeled? Is it like a rule that if you display immunity to fire you should be immediately promoted to an authority figure?

Tyrion's scene. GOD DAMMIT TYRION'S SCENE. I was watching the episode with a friend and we started laughing our asses off at how completely aimless this segment was.

This show is really becoming The Walking Dead with the reuse of the same interiors over and over again (Mereen's Throne Room, the High Sparrow's altar, Mereen's chatting room), characters being pissed at each other and sulking yet acting completely the opposite way the next scene, cheap shock points farming.

Seriously as many have stated, the North is the only interesting part of the show, as in everything North of The Gift.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Calaveron posted:

So who died this episode and what important things happened today, for those who don't have HBO. The context clues are kinda hard to complete

-Sansa met with Jon, urged him to take back their home. Ramsay sent a letter saying im gonna gently caress all your wildlings to death (and also that they have rickon in the dungeon) so they have a concrete reason to fight.
-Littlefinger showed up while big fat whats-his-name dude was training Robin Arryn. He implied that he had sold littlefinger out and betrayed his position to the boltons. Littlefinger was like 'well what do we do now HMMMM' and of course Robin was like 'well gently caress throw him through the moon door, whatever' and then littlefinger was all smarmy and like 'let's give him a chance' and then he said well what do we do about Ramsay making Sansa unsafe?? Let's rally the lords of the vale and get into the fight!!!!
-The faith had Marg and her bro in a dungeon. He talks to her about faith stuff and lets her see him. She's like stay strong bro, and he's like, I'm loving broken, just make it end.
-Tyrion meets with the slavers and diplomatically negotiates a slow-burn turn from slavery in which the masters will be paid off and they can go to a great capitalist society.
-Cercie and Jaime go to Kavan and the thorn lady and stop them from leaving the room by telling them inside info from Tommen. They say that the faith is going to make Marg walk, and queen of thorns is like gently caress that. Kavan said that tommen ordered him to not escalate things, so Jaime takes over in Tywin fashion and lays it out: The Tyrell army will come in and gently caress the faith up before Marge is due to walk. Kavan will have everyone under his control stand down, which is in-line with Tommen's orders. If everything goes as planned Marge will be back by Tommen's side and he won't complain. Kavan mentions if poo poo goes bad it will be a slaughter, and queen of thorns says w/e, people gonna die either way, at least it won't be our people
-Jorah and gently caress boy invade the khal hoop de doop and sneak around and find Dany. They're like let's go!! And she's like na...I got a better plan. Then when all the Khals are together in a hut deciding what to do with her she's like "I have a plan..how about I take over" and they are like "lol ok or we can rape you" and then she's like "or I can do THIS!!" and knocks over some fires and burns it all to the ground!!!! She walks from the ashes and everyone bows to her and now she controls all the dothraki.

I think thats it....did I miss anything

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

They were weirdly inaccurate in that they got some bits right that weren't in trailers/set photos but was like, 60% wrong.

If it was an extra, that wouldn't be surprising, considering they get a different script.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crash74 posted:

So where those tittys cgi or wat,

Nah http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15/game-thrones-emilia-clarke-dany

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

a cop posted:

I think thats it....did I miss anything

Ramsay killed Tonks.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
That was a cool episode. Give me those plot points, keep it coming, RIP Osha u went out like a thug.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The final episode of the series is gonna be them versus the Sand Snakes for the fate of westeros

speaking of, we havent heard from the bad pussy patrol since ep 1

i would laugh pretty hard if that was all of their scenes this season. i mean they already mentioned offhand in ep2? that they took over dorne. why even bother to film those lovely scenes in ep1

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
i'm glad dany didn't get raped. and i'm glad she burned the dothraki's poo poo down herself instead of drogon. i don't care if that last part's inaccurate to the books honestly

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

That was a cool episode. Give me those plot points, keep it coming, RIP Osha u went out like a thug.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Enjoyed this episode. I liked the ending. I've been more patient with Ramsay than a lot of folks here, but he wore out his welcome today. Looking forward to seeing future interactions between Brienne and Mel.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

i would laugh pretty hard if that was all of their scenes this season. i mean they already mentioned offhand in ep2? that they took over dorne. why even bother to film those lovely scenes

hopefully the next time we see them is the scene where dany executes them by dragon

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

FourLeaf posted:

i'm glad dany didn't get raped. and i'm glad she burned the dothraki's poo poo down herself instead of drogon. i don't care if that last part's inaccurate to the books honestly

The resolution is what pissed me off

"You broke our rules by bringing weapons into our city and spilling blood, and destroyed one of our sacred places by doing something any other person could have done. But you didn't burn in the process, so the rules say we must not obey your every command"

It was a reenactment of the first season, only in that season the reason why the people decided to follow her was not because she happened to be fireproof, but because she revived DRAGONS.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I like that Brianne is a Kingslayer like her pal Jamie now and like him everyone is fine with it mostly

Crash74
May 11, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

hopefully they all died in a off screen shipwreck during a hurricane

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

crazy cloud posted:

I like that Brianne is a Kingslayer like her pal Jamie now and like him everyone is fine with it mostly

Jaime is a Kingslayer because he killed the King he swore to protect. Brienne never served Stannis.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

crazy cloud posted:

I liked that Brienne was the only person with any table manners.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lezard_valeth posted:

"You broke our rules by bringing weapons into our city and spilling blood, and destroyed one of our sacred places by doing something any other person could have done. But you didn't burn in the process, so the rules say we must not obey your every command"

It was a reenactment of the first season, only in that season the reason why the people decided to follow her was not because she happened to be fireproof, but because she revived DRAGONS.

I think what we're going to be seeing is a very different Dany ruling the Dothraki. I have a feeling the Dothraki are going to turn into a matriarchal society literally overnight.:getin:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

crazy cloud posted:

Brienne would have had to kill Renly for that to be equivalent.

edit thats what I get for leaving a page open for too long

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

gently caress the books

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Brienne would have had to kill Renly for that to be equivalent.

edit thats what I get for leaving a page open for too long

Didn't everyone pretty much assume that's what went down? That's what I thought he was referring to.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bread Set Jettison posted:

gently caress the books

Agreed. This season hasn't been perfect, but I'm enjoying it.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Rewatching the episode right now. I completely forgot about Littlefinger's scene.

I think they should really not attempt to explain Littlefinger's behaviour and actions on the previous season because there is no satisfactory explanation to doing dumb out of character poo poo.

Fat guy (Royce?): "You said you were taking Sansa to the Fingers"

Littlefinger: "I...uuuh...got attacked by the Boltons on my way home. I decided not to rally the bannermen until after the wedding's consumation because that would have been just rude and we are not Freys".

Fat Guy: "He is not to be trusted my Lord"

Robin: "Good point, but he did gift me this sweet rear end eagle. We should trust him"

Fat Guy: "Ok, I trust you. We are back to the good terms we left our relationship in at the beginning of season 5"

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

lezard_valeth posted:

Rewatching the episode right now. I completely forgot about Littlefinger's scene.

I think they should really not attempt to explain Littlefinger's behaviour and actions on the previous season because there is no satisfactory explanation to doing dumb out of character poo poo.

Littlefinger: "I...uuuh...got attacked by the Boltons on my way home. I decided not to rally the bannermen until after the wedding's consumation because that would have been just rude and we are not Freys".

Robin: "Good point, but he did gift me this sweet rear end eagle. We should trust him"

Fat Guy: "Ok, I trust you. We are back to the good terms we left our relationship in at the beginning of season 5"

That isn't what the scene conveyed at all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

lezard_valeth posted:

I think you missed the part where Littlefinger could have had him killed no problem, which Royce figured out at the end there.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Svanja posted:

That isn't what the scene conveyed at all.

Yeah I was just wondering if I blacked out or something lol. Robin totally followed Littlefinger's lead and played into his hand. The only reason Royce is alive (or faced the threat of death) is because of Littlefinger. Just a total power play.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Annual Prophet posted:

Didn't everyone pretty much assume that's what went down? That's what I thought he was referring to.

Oh Yeah, that's a good point. I assume the rumors of a shadow killing renly are prevalent enough that Brienne gets the benefit of the doubt.

Also she's Brienne, not super famous jaime lannister so people probably don't care enough to give her that nickname

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah obv it's not exactly the same but Stannis was a king, his Kingsblood worked for shadow babies, and Brianne slayed him. She's an oath breaker with a sword called oath keeper and it was a good episode

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lezard_valeth posted:

You missed the part where it became clear that Robin was completely in Littlefinger's pocket and they might just have Royce killed right then and there.

Not that Littlefinger's plot makes much sense still. I guess he left Winterfell, found out offscreen that Ramsey was a fucker, but also that Sansa had escaped so she could be helped, and then rode for the Vale to collect an army.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I hope Ramsay's comeuppance involves becoming Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun's girlfriend

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

lezard_valeth posted:

The dothraki can gain position by defeating another khal in combat so maybe it's just that she single handedly defeated all the scrub Khals at once. You could also imagine everyone has heard of her powers, dragons etc. but never seen them. They know she's SUPPOSED to be fireproof but magic doesn't really exist on Essos for most of the time in the story. Once they actually see that Danny is magic in this one way, they realize all the other far out BS might be true and respect her power for what it seems to be.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

a cop posted:

Yeah I was just wondering if I blacked out or something lol. Robin totally followed Littlefinger's lead and played into his hand. The only reason Royce is alive (or faced the threat of death) is because of Littlefinger. Just a total power play.

I felt awful for Royce. Utterly loyal, knows Littlefinger was involved in Sansa's marriage... and now must absolutely keep his mouth shut and bide his time.
Really praying that Royce gets one in before dying, though.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Baelish was great too and I'm on team Robin birds are dope and moon door everyone

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

crazy cloud posted:

Baelish was great too and I'm on team Robin birds are dope and moon door everyone

Robin on the Iron Throne with his sweet falcon

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

crazy cloud posted:

Fuuuuck yeah broseph

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sophie Turner is a terrible actress. Emilia Clarke too. I'm actually honestly goon-rage angry that they even are famous because of how bad they are.

Why is Misandei even involved in anything at all. She was the Unsullied masters secretary, and now she just kind of hangs around important people.

RIP Natalia Tena

It's also really dumb that Dothraki have a city at all. Their whole schtick is they are nomadic barbarians. Except I guess they have a complex legal system and culture uniting the 10 different hordes of nomadic barbarians because??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Also this shot

I mean come on

• Locked thread