Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

spacetoaster posted:

It was supposed to be a "debate" about trans stuff. But the second the guy made his statement the trans "woman" actually told him to watch his mouth or he'd be leaving in an ambulance while grabbing his neck. Everyone else involved with the show thought that was a great thing and a good debate technique.

It starts about 2:06 if the link doesn't take you there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQy70_LPS4&t=126s

"That sounds mildly inappropriate for a political discussion" instead of "that sounds kinda hot"

This fuckin' guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Mange Mite posted:

Who was the guy who talked about how trans women want to be treated like women except they act like men when it comes to sex, violence, and literally everything else

This is a post in a quote chain leading back to that guy

spacetoaster posted:

Oh snap, apparently after the cameras turned off the transwoman threatened to curb stomp the guy and said she'd be waiting in the parking lot. Security had to get involved and the skinny dude called the cops and filed a criminal complaint.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/272008029/Shapiro-Police-Report

why isnt that last bit about the parking lot in the scan of the police report?

Twinty Zuleps fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 16, 2016

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Foo Diddley posted:

"That sounds mildly inappropriate for a political discussion" instead of "that sounds kinda hot"

This fuckin' guy

The deep-voiced block monster in the blond tresses? That's not hot. I could paint a sexier face on a smooth rock and have a better time. Yech.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wulfolme posted:

why isnt that last bit about the parking lot in the scan of the police report?

Sorry, I googled the incident and read a smattering of news reports about it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

phasmid posted:

The deep-voiced block monster in the blond tresses? That's not hot. I could paint a sexier face on a smooth rock and have a better time. Yech.

*sigh* I guess acceptance can't happen all at once

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

*sigh* I guess acceptance can't happen all at once

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-transgender-zoey-tur-20150724-column.html

You see, grabbing someone by the neck and threatening to send them home in an ambulance is what any woman would do.

“I reacted like any woman would react,” Tur said Thursday.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mange Mite posted:

Who was the guy who talked about how trans women want to be treated like women except they act like men when it comes to sex, violence, and literally everything else
iirc the stats show mtf transwomen commit domestic violence and sexual assaults around the same rate as regular dudes which is greater than people born as women.

Foo Diddley posted:

Yeah, see, maybe I'm dumb but I'm not seeing how the "utility of the person" relates to transexual issues, or to anything at all for that matter
I dunno really what he meant by that line but it's p clear the rest of the post was talking about how now instead of just being a girl who likes traditionally masculine things or a guy who likes traditionally feminine things we've created a cultural situation where not rigidly ascribing to gender roles means you must be a dude trapped in a girl's body or vice versa, a lot of the narrative surrounding gender identity is almost regressive in how rigid they treat what men and women should do. The potential ramification of this are pretty self explanatory.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jesus wept. This is why you can only make stupid loving jokes about this poo poo; try and take it seriously and you'll lose your drat mind

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Maoist Pussy posted:

It is spelled "Thundara"

I think I would be "Andromeda" or "Leontien"

Thundara is the name of a magical spell, Thundra is the name of a badass bitch

spacetoaster posted:

It was supposed to be a "debate" about trans stuff. But the second the guy made his statement the trans "woman" actually told him to watch his mouth or he'd be leaving in an ambulance while grabbing his neck. Everyone else involved with the show thought that was a great thing and a good debate technique.

It starts about 2:06 if the link doesn't take you there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQy70_LPS4&t=126s

You really don't need the scare quotes around woman. It's really disrespectful to trans women

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno really what he meant by that line but it's p clear the rest of the post was talking about how now instead of just being a girl who likes traditionally masculine things or a guy who likes traditionally feminine things we've created a cultural situation where not rigidly ascribing to gender roles means you must be a dude trapped in a girl's body or vice versa, a lot of the narrative surrounding gender identity is almost regressive in how rigid they treat what men and women should do. The potential ramification of this are pretty self explanatory.

There was a guy in the e/n trans thread who was like, "I feel comfortable with being called a man or sir, and having a penis and my body, and I don't really want to be a woman. But I like knitting and feminine stuff, and I'm not very aggressive and I don't like sports. Am I trans?"

I said isn't that just being a feminine man? and the e/n mod said "It's whatever he says it is!"

Credit where it's due, the majority of the other trans thread posters were like, you're just a feminine guy, don't make it a thing.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i like sports and beer and loving chicks, but i wanna cut my dick off and wear a dress, does that make me trans??

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BeefThief posted:

i like sports and beer and loving chicks, but i wanna cut my dick off and wear a dress, does that make me trans??

It makes you whatever you want to be

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

BeefThief posted:

It makes you woman of the year.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im a horsie :)

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Mange Mite posted:

Good, hopefully women will now fear being called trannies as much as modern men already fear being called faggots for stepping anywhere outside social gender norms.
http://advocate.com/business/2015/06/17/detroit-woman-kicked-out-restaurant-bathroom-looking-man-sues

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

Thundara is the name of a magical spell, Thundra is the name of a badass bitch

You really don't need the scare quotes around woman. It's really disrespectful to trans women

That's the only thing you have to say? You're just really upset over "scare quotes"? Like, I didn't even know what scare quotes were. It's just that I don't really buy some giant thug grabbing someone's neck and threatening their well-being is really feminine behavior.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

spacetoaster posted:

That's the only thing you have to say? You're just really upset over "scare quotes"? Like, I didn't even know what scare quotes were. It's just that I don't really buy some giant thug grabbing someone's neck and threatening their well-being is really feminine behavior.

Sure, what Tur did there is bad, but putting quotes around woman in the phrase trans woman is just being needlessly antagonistic

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

boom boom boom posted:

needlessly antagonistic
hey now that kind of reasonable diplomacy is out of place in gbs you gotta be more inflammatory than that

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

Sure, what Tur did there is bad, but putting quotes around woman in the phrase trans woman is just being needlessly antagonistic

I don't think "Tur" hangs out in "gbs".

I "think" d&d is "more" her "style".

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

spacetoaster posted:

I don't think "Tur" hangs out in "gbs".

I "think" d&d is "more" her "style".

There is a big trans community on SA. If we want to have an actual discussion in this thread and not just say "lol those dudes are crazy. Don't cut off your dick, moron!" over and over again, I think having some actual trans voices is important. And just casually questioning their identities by, for example, putting scar quotes around the word woman when discussing a trans woman, is the exact thing that will make trans people think their voices won't be listened to or their opinions valued.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

boom boom boom posted:

There is a big trans community on SA. If we want to have an actual discussion in this thread and not just say "lol those dudes are crazy. Don't cut off your dick, moron!" over and over again, I think having some actual trans voices is important. And just casually questioning their identities by, for example, putting scar quotes around the word woman when discussing a trans woman, is the exact thing that will make trans people think their voices won't be listened to or their opinions valued.

Sure, but don't they have that exact fuckin' thread on E/N or some poo poo?

The reason people can't engage with fuckin' trannies is because to them everything is some LIFE OR DEATH poo poo. There's no in-between; it's all extreme, all political, all the fuckin' time. You're like conservatives in that you can't take a fuckin' joke.

Lay the gently caress off already

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Foo Diddley posted:

Sure, but don't they have that exact fuckin' thread on E/N or some poo poo?

The reason people can't engage with fuckin' trannies is because to them everything is some LIFE OR DEATH poo poo. There's no in-between; it's all extreme, all political, all the fuckin' time. You're like conservatives in that you can't take a fuckin' joke.

Lay the gently caress off already

The e/n thread goes too far the other way, where you can't challenge silly made up genders, for example.

Basically, there has to be a middle ground where people with serious, fundamental disagreements can talk about this stuff. Not e/n, but not /pol/ either

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

boom boom boom posted:

Not e/n, but not /pol/ either

If you ever find this place, tell me where it is

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

Your huge rap sheet for being a troll makes me trust you more than other people here. I also like your red text avatar.

boom boom boom posted:

putting scar quotes .

You're really worked up over some dumb stuff, aren't you? lol

"OMG, you put SCARE QUOTES around the word "woman". It's a really big deal ya'll!"

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I'm actually a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a sexist woman, here to teach you a lesson about double reverse discrimination.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

spacetoaster posted:

Your huge rap sheet for being a troll makes me trust you more than other people here.
I have never seen triple boom sincerely troll ever, many just can't handle mild disagreement or sincere anime likers.
Your posts in the Japan.jpg thread on the other hand...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

spacetoaster posted:

Your huge rap sheet for being a troll makes me trust you more than other people here. I also like your red text avatar.

I'm not a troll, mods are just facists

spacetoaster posted:

You're really worked up over some dumb stuff, aren't you? lol

"OMG, you put SCARE QUOTES around the word "woman". It's a really big deal ya'll!"

The thing is, to trans people, it absolutely is a big deal. Their entire deal is they want to be seen as their preferred gender. When you put scare quotes around the word woman, you're casually dismissing their identity. You can absolutely believe that trans women aren't actually women, but don't be a dick about it

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah it's their entire deal. That's kind of the point I think.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

boom boom boom posted:

The thing is, to trans people, it absolutely is a big deal. Their entire deal is they want to be seen as their preferred gender. When you put scare quotes around the word woman, you're casually dismissing their identity. You can absolutely believe that trans women aren't actually women, but don't be a dick about it

Ill stop being a dick when they get rid of theirs

Also, you must be a dick in gbs, it's right in the rules.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

Your posts in the Japan.jpg thread on the other hand...

It's a .jpg thread in gbs. And nobody is even trying to be funny. Every other .jpg thread has funny pictures but japan? Noooooooo, japan is above being made fun of. :colbert:

boom boom boom posted:

Well, that's cool.

boom boom boom posted:

Doesn't mean it has to be a big deal (or even a minor deal) for anyone else though. And gently caress you for thinking you can tell me how to act/speak/write about it. :gary:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Scientologists believe that we are all possessed by the spirits of dead space demons. If you don't agree with them it is really disrespectful.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Maoist Pussy posted:

Scientologists believe that we are all possessed by the spirits of dead space demons. If you don't agree with them it is really disrespectful.

You forgot the scare quotes. I can't take this seriously.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

spacetoaster posted:

You forgot the scare quotes. I can't take this seriously.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Scientologists believe that we are all possessed by the spirits of "dead" space demons. If you don't agree with them it is really disrespectful.

FTFY

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Doesn't the prefix "trans-" mean "beyond"? It all seems like such a hodgepodge of obscure terminology. If you're beyond sexual there's no need to argue. Let's just call everybody fucker. "My fucker wants me to pick up some eggs." "Hey, fucker, come down here and walk the dog!" "Suck my cock for money you dirty fucker" et cetera.

It's gender neutral and, in time, endearing.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Doesn't "phasmid" mean "any of an order (Phasmatodea syn. Phasmida) of large cylindrical or sometimes flattened chiefly tropical insects (as a walking stick) that have long legs, strictly phytophagous habits, and incomplete metamorphosis and that include forms resembling leaves or twigs"? It all seems like such a hodgepodge of bad posting.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
You got the quote right, but that's about it.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

boom boom boom posted:

Everyone is open game on GBS except for troons

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maoist Pussy posted:

Have you seen the internet? I'm not saying they are right, but dead space demons would explain some things.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

boom boom boom posted:

The e/n thread goes too far the other way, where you can't challenge silly made up genders, for example.

Basically, there has to be a middle ground where people with serious, fundamental disagreements can talk about this stuff. Not e/n, but not /pol/ either

Some people are paying attention to posts made in earnest in a dumb GBS thread where no one has any appearances to keep up. Do you feel like transtrenders are real, and a problem for the actual transsexuals and their cause?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I think the asexuals are problematic.

• Locked thread