Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Does Taka Michinoku count as a Suzuki-gun guy or a K-Dojo guy. I also feel like ROH should have more than one person, means only one of Matty Sydal/Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Reilly/Bucks are in it. Or new ROH Bullet Club member Adam Page, which would suck imo. Wonder if they'll just use Ricochet as their DG person too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

Wonder if they'll just use Ricochet as their DG person too.

haha i bet okamura would be totally cool with using a guy that left them as "his company's guy." sure.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

Thauros posted:

Ishimori, Kotoge, Harada, Kanemaru, and Taichi I'm guessing. Which yeah is excessive but unsurprising. Wish there was room for a bigger CMLL contingent though.

Who do you think the AJPW rep is gonna be?

Didn't they say Marufuji was going to be in it? He was definitely at the announcement.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TAKA Michinoku was a figurehead at the announcement ceremony and explicitly said that he is not the K-DOJO entrant and he wants his young boys to succeed so you can stop spinning that baseless rumor mill. The righteous choice is Kaji Tomato.

Food Court Druid posted:

Didn't they say Marufuji was going to be in it? He was definitely at the announcement.

maru is a heavyweight. the people at the ceremony were figureheads, KUSHIDA aside

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 14, 2016

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tonfa posted:

TAKA Michinoku was a figurehead at the announcement ceremony and explicitly said that he is not the K-DOJO entrant and he wants his young boys to succeed so you can stop spinning that baseless rumor mill. The righteous choice is Kaji Tomato.

maru is a heavyweight. the people at the ceremony were figureheads, KUSHIDA aside

Wasn't Taichi a figure head?

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

SalTheBard posted:

Whats with Naito and Goto?

Naito is a wonderous twat to everyone, but the fact that he keeps going back to make little digs at Goto out of nowhere kills me xD

In exciting and 'it's real!!' news, I booked my flights to Japan yesterday!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i love the bucks but bosj is potentially way more interesting with two wildcard additions

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Germ Incubator posted:

In exciting and 'it's real!!' news, I booked my flights to Japan yesterday!

Have a blast, Japan is fantastic :allears:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i love the bucks but bosj is potentially way more interesting with two wildcard additions

I mean let's be real, nobody pays to see Matt or Nick Jackson singles matches. Their crazy tag team offense is the entire appeal.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

Nick's replacement is Chase Owens. Matt is still scheduled as is Rocky Romero.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Oh.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Chase Owens is wildly under rated.

In so much as I thought he was utter poo poo and then it turned out he's kind of okay.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

Whats with Naito and Goto?

I might be missing some information, but the immediate context I can think of is that Goto was Naito's last big rivalry before he really blew up as a main eventer, and Naito is taunting him because he's gone on to bigger and better things

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not hype at all for BOSJ. It's like sub-New Japan Cup when it comes to tournaments I don't care about. Super J Cup will probably be cool though.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

With Naito and Goto it seems like one of those semi shoot angles that NJPW and Tanahashi seem to like so much. It all started after Goto did a bunch of interviews where he talked about his frustration at never getting the opportunity to rise up and be the guy and that he struggled to remain motivated in the industry. They came just before the last ROH tour which Naito wasn't on - which in turn lead to the first set of Naito interviews and tweets where he basically told Goto to quit if he wasn't motivated anymore and that it was an insult to ROH and the American fans to send a guy who didn't care to do dates there. Since then he's just kept going.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wonder why they're using Owens and not Page as the replacement given that they really don't seem to be doing anything with Tharpe any longer?

KungFu Grip posted:

Has anything been reported on Rocky being injured? If not, my guess is that Gedo teamed with Beretta in that match simply because he can safely job.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Chase Owens is wildly under rated.

In so much as I thought he was utter poo poo and then it turned out he's kind of okay.

Yeah he's serviceable, it's just that his picture could serve as the definition of vanilla midget.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 16, 2016

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Page just got added and they don't want to drop a bunch of loses onto him/he's not gonna be in NJPW

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Rocky's posted on twitter that he hurt his shoulder :(

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Page just got added and they don't want to drop a bunch of loses onto him/he's not gonna be in NJPW

Gedo was the one who requested that he join the Bullet Club so he's definitely going to be in New Japan. Dave is guessing that he's basically going to be the loss pole with Cody hurt, but he could be wrong there.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suzuki just tweeted out a card for We Are Suzukigun 3 but I don't speak japanese

https://twitter.com/suzuki_D_minoru/status/732062244406583296

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thauros posted:

Gedo was the one who requested that he join the Bullet Club so he's definitely going to be in New Japan. Dave is guessing that he's basically going to be the loss pole with Cody hurt, but he could be wrong there.

How bad was Cody's injury?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

Suzuki just tweeted out a card for We Are Suzukigun 3 but I don't speak japanese

https://twitter.com/suzuki_D_minoru/status/732062244406583296

1st match: Minoru Suzuki's 48th Birthday Royal Rumble
2nd match: 4 Way Tag Match: Kanemura & Desperado vs. Daisuke Harada & Atushi Kotoge vs. Captain NOAH & Genba Hirayanagi vs. Mohammed Yone & Hajime Ohara
3rd match: 6 Man Tag: Shelton Benjamin, Taichi, Taka Michinoku vs. Makabe, Honma, Taguchi
4th match: 3 Way Elimination Match: KES vs. Masa Kitayama & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Go Shiozaki & Maybach Taniguchi
5th match: 6 Man Tag: Sugiura, Suzuki, Iizuka vs. Marufuji, Sakuraba, YTR

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Anybody happen to have booking information for Kamaitachi?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jubs posted:

Anybody happen to have booking information for Kamaitachi?

90% sure he's staying with Sumie Sakai as New Japan guys tend to do. She'll point you in the right direction if she isn't handling his bookings herself:
sumiesakai1124@gmail.comp
https://twitter.com/sumippe

Been lead to believe Kamaitachi has next to no English so take that in account when booking him.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

rovert posted:

90% sure he's staying with Sumie Sakai as New Japan guys tend to do. She'll point you in the right direction if she isn't handling his bookings herself:
sumiesakai1124@gmail.comp
https://twitter.com/sumippe

Been lead to believe Kamaitachi has next to no English so take that in account when booking him.

Thanks!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Jubs posted:

Thanks!

Her email from twitter is sumiesakai1124@gmail.com , no p at the end.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Thauros posted:

What is the point of Yujiro if they need a new member to eat the losses?

Better yet, what is the point of Yujiro in general?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

Matt-o is officially out now

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Better yet, what is the point of Yujiro in general?

BC rep who can speak Japanese.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

charlton says they havent announced replacements yet

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

1st match: Minoru Suzuki's 48th Birthday Royal Rumble

extremely hell yes

https://youtu.be/RBuHGZrdfi4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tonfa posted:

BC rep who can speak Japanese.

This is especially important because Kenny Omega doesn't speak a word of Japanese. Not a single word.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ricochet still a freelancer per kinpuro. also his and oreillys finishers are triple rare which is yknow mutoh moonsault, go 2 sleep, hashimoto ddt territory

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

This is especially important because Kenny Omega doesn't speak a word of Japanese. Not a single word.

Yujiro's an office stooge who keeps an eye on the rowdy gaijin.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
NJPW: NZ Invasion.

http://www.sakuranz.com/page/roster/

Solus fucked around with this message at 12:47 on May 18, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Welp:

https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/732915617741852672
https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/732916117371551744

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I bet he's working through it for BOSJ, which sucks. I had a minor meniscus tear and I was on crutches for like 4 weeks. Surgery is probably a 4 to 8 week recovery (depending on if they do a repair or shave the cartilage down), who knows about the back thing. He needs to get on the Cena recovery plan (HGH, Stem Cells, and Leutokine)

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

This is how you tear your body up at 22 folks. Remember when Amazing Red was a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sad but unsurprising

• Locked thread