Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Every time I think Kaliyo is growing on me she goes and does something to Kaliyo it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I used that bundle deal last time it was available and it was a bonus 1050 CC from what I remember.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'm looking for a list of all the story mode companions who have returned in KOTFE and when they show up, can anyone help me out?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

cams posted:

I'm looking for a list of all the story mode companions who have returned in KOTFE and when they show up, can anyone help me out?

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/401ist/list_of_companions_and_when_theyll_appear_in/

Third link on Google search. Reddit, but there ya go.

EDIT: The only ones to add to it, since it's only updated through Chapter 9, are Bowdaar, Kaliyo, Jorgan, Blizz, Vette, and Galt.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Quote is not edit.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor
I just finally bought in yesterday and I have to say this is a sick single-player MMO. I checked for "That's no Goon" yesterday afternoon and it only came up with one person who never responded to me. Is there anyone in that guild that can invite? Is there the equivalent of guild chat to talk in between cutscenes? I've heard the pvp is actually pretty fun at end-game. Looking forward to that.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Achamp posted:

I just finally bought in yesterday and I have to say this is a sick single-player MMO. I checked for "That's no Goon" yesterday afternoon and it only came up with one person who never responded to me. Is there anyone in that guild that can invite? Is there the equivalent of guild chat to talk in between cutscenes? I've heard the pvp is actually pretty fun at end-game. Looking forward to that.
I think everyone can invite now? Just harass whoever's online for a bit, you'll get an invite eventually. Once you join TNG, the guild chat channel becomes available.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Achamp posted:

I'm often on one one side or the other, but haven't been able to get all my characters guilded yet. "/cjoin TNGchat" and ask around in there -- I think all my characters are subscribed.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005

Sombrerotron posted:

I think everyone can invite now? Just harass whoever's online for a bit, you'll get an invite eventually. Once you join TNG, the guild chat channel becomes available.

Thanks a bunch. The storylines through the first few levels have been great. KOTOR was one of my favorite games and they did a pretty good job with making combat feel similar.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005

prefect posted:

I'm often on one one side or the other, but haven't been able to get all my characters guilded yet. "/cjoin TNGchat" and ask around in there -- I think all my characters are subscribed.

I'll do that. Thanks a lot.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Achamp posted:

Thanks a bunch. The storylines through the first few levels have been great. KOTOR was one of my favorite games and they did a pretty good job with making combat feel similar.

You will enjoy the storylines, they are mostly good.

Just don't play IA first, it will spoil you on the other storylines. If I had to rank them in order of excellence (not chronology), they're:

50- Trooper
7- Jedi Knight
6- Smuggler
5- Bounty Hunter
4- Sith Inquisitor
3- Jedi Consular
2- Sith Warrior
1- Imperial Agent

IA is far and away the best, but all of the top 5 are loving awesome and well worth it.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior were my personal favorite. Jedi Consular not so much. I still haven't been able to get through the two jedi stories.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So how hard is it to pug a hard mode Foundry? I need it to finish my HK51 quest and the groupfinder doesn't want to pop for me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wyatt Derp posted:

Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior were my personal favorite. Jedi Consular not so much. I still haven't been able to get through the two jedi stories.

Agreed, but the list I made was sorta the general opinion on storylines.

Personally I think the BH seriously has one of the best Act 1s in the entire game... the end of it is epic as gently caress. BH and IA by far have the best Act 1, the issue is that BH's Act 3 is ehhh. SW, conversely, has a relatively tame Act 1, but then it just runs away all crazy and gets stupidly good by the end.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Trast posted:

So how hard is it to pug a hard mode Foundry? I need it to finish my HK51 quest and the groupfinder doesn't want to pop for me.

They never updated the tool tip, you can actually get the HK part from the solo mode.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Against my better judgement I have decided to try playing this again, I tried it out when free to play first came out and wasn't really interested. I started out a bounty hunter yesterday and I'm actually enjoying it a lot.

Kind of disappointed that my gtx660 can hardly handle the game on low though...

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Lunimeow posted:

Against my better judgement I have decided to try playing this again, I tried it out when free to play first came out and wasn't really interested. I started out a bounty hunter yesterday and I'm actually enjoying it a lot.

I have a 560ti and it runs on high, so sounds like something's wrong with your system. This game isn't that intensive.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.

Wacky Delly posted:

I have a 560ti and it runs on high, so sounds like something's wrong with your system. This game isn't that intensive.

huh.. that's weird... it's just weird that I would be having issues with this and not other things.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Medullah posted:

They never updated the tool tip, you can actually get the HK part from the solo mode.

For real? Nice to know thank you.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Lunimeow posted:

Wacky Delly posted:

this is exactly the card I have too with no problems

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone use SweetFX on this? Kinda wanna try cel shading it and playing that way.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
I did some cleaning and stuff, updated drivers etc... it's not that i'm loosing frames it runs pretty smooth, there is just some chop with animations.

Fake edit: So I did some tests and at high my framerate was having a seizure when running around going from 40 to 68 fps, I changed the graphics to ultra and now my fps is stable over 60... what the hell?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I set our conquest planet as Nar Shaddaa so knocking those heroics out is the easiest way to hit your personal goal if you want to try and get a Strategic Resource Matrix to sell. Tip - Swap to a PvP instance while doing the ones that have spawns you compete with others for, you'll have much less competition and chances are there won't be any ACTUAL pvp to worry about.

Also, if you missed out on cheap transfers they're bringing them back for a short time, 5/27-6/5.

Sadly, only regular transfers - cross regional transfers still cost a gajillion coins.

Also hilarious, in the live stream they announced that the "Better than cross server queueing" setup they teased for the longest time was the PvP/PvE instancing. Sigh...Nonentity, whoever the roadmap planner is for your company, please go smack them upside the head.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

In terms of story, these are both my rankings in order of best to worst, as well as why.

IA has probably the best in terms of all three acts - act 2 is a little weaker, but not 'weak'. You get a big look at what non-force citizen life is like in the Empire.

Consular Act 1 is only good if you really like being able to be a big drat hero who saves everyone and everyone is in awe of, but acts 2 and 3 are probably my favorite story bits of any story.

Sith Warrior is really well done, especially if you don't stick to just Light or Dark, because you get a lot of neutral options that are 'i am gonna make you work for me' which is good.

Smuggler is amazing for the same reason, and is the only time I felt tempted to go dark side.

Trooper lets you play a tom clancy character. You get a look at what the republic military is like.

Inquisitor lets you play a... very sith Sith, but lacks a lot in terms of actual story and characters in my opinion.

Bounty Hunter starts really strong, and ends probably the weakest.

Jedi Knight is not bad it's just... very typical YA fantasy novel protagonist.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Also, if you missed out on cheap transfers they're bringing them back for a short time, 5/27-6/5.

Awesome when I consolidated my chars back to Harby I forgot to give them names that would force a change. CPRTEAKKKJYUKMO the Jedi Knight appreciates this news.

quote:

Also hilarious, in the live stream they announced that the "Better than cross server queueing" setup they teased for the longest time was the PvP/PvE instancing.

:chloe:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

CPRTEAKKKJYUKMO the Jedi Knight

I can totally see that name being screamed by an evil Sith in the middle of battle!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

A pubbie /spit on me and called me a coward in pvp just now. It brightened my otherwise lovely day.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trast posted:

A pubbie /spit on me and called me a coward in pvp just now. It brightened my otherwise lovely day.

The emote /dejarik is explicitly for use in PvP when you are dominating the other team and want to rub it in.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Trast posted:

I didn't even know TOR had a /spit emote.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

I didn't even know TOR had a /spit emote.

It's one of the normal ones. Thin it's text only, no animation.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
My IA laughs way too much. :mad:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They actually nerfed the proc laughing once because of complaints.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

God drat oppressive.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I wish Snipers would giggle on procs :(

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The only thing worse than being stunlocked from 100% to dead was being constantly laughed at while it happened.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Nipponophile posted:

The only thing worse than being stunlocked from 100% to dead was being constantly laughed at while it happened.

I've been stunning and /dancing a lot lately and it seems to be having a positive effect.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

KittyEmpress posted:

In terms of story, these are both my rankings in order of best to worst, as well as why.

IA has probably the best in terms of all three acts - act 2 is a little weaker, but not 'weak'. You get a big look at what non-force citizen life is like in the Empire.

Consular Act 1 is only good if you really like being able to be a big drat hero who saves everyone and everyone is in awe of, but acts 2 and 3 are probably my favorite story bits of any story.

Sith Warrior is really well done, especially if you don't stick to just Light or Dark, because you get a lot of neutral options that are 'i am gonna make you work for me' which is good.

Smuggler is amazing for the same reason, and is the only time I felt tempted to go dark side.

Trooper lets you play a tom clancy character. You get a look at what the republic military is like.

Inquisitor lets you play a... very sith Sith, but lacks a lot in terms of actual story and characters in my opinion.

Bounty Hunter starts really strong, and ends probably the weakest.

Jedi Knight is not bad it's just... very typical YA fantasy novel protagonist.

This ^

Some of the stories are stronger on plot, some on PC choices and opportunities, some with characters, and the best have a mix of them. Inquisitor, for example, has some.. flaws.. in terms of characters and plot (mostly along the "cheesy" axis) but goddamn if it isn't the best Evil Space Wizard simulator I've ever seen.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I still think Smuggler has the best chapter 1, and it's got a great dark side ending, but the middle of the story really sags and light side is pretty boring.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I still think Smuggler has the best chapter 1, and it's got a great dark side ending, but the middle of the story really sags and light side is pretty boring.

Playing female smuggler had a great moment though. When you can bone then kill Skavak. My Mirialan suddenly felt like some kind of Mantis woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Allatum posted:

Playing female smuggler had a great moment though. When you can bone then kill Skavak. My Mirialan suddenly felt like some kind of Mantis woman.

I hated that guy so much that I was disappointed by the conclusion. The bounty hunter has much more satisfying options with Tarro Blood.

• Locked thread