Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Genuine question -- does anyone think that there's room for a no-politics-allowed "Eve game mechanics" thread?

This thread is rotting garbage, but the chill thread is too silly for me. I just want to let my mental encyclopedia loose and legit discuss ship/mod balance and talk spreadsheets without a bunch of d-names making ten different single-sentence posts and spamming static in every page.

Please come do this in the chill thread. VG has stated that unchillness in the chill thread shan't be tolerated and there's actually some actual discussion about thing in spaceships in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

havent you namechanged and then changed back at least once

Yeah I was "autism chariot" for a while but then people didn't know who I was and got confused.

Might change it to Carth Dookie or something.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

darth cookie posted:

Yeah I was "autism chariot" for a while but then people didn't know who I was and got confused.

Might change it to Carth Dookie or something.

If you're gonna be Carth, might as well add Onasi too :3

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm going to read the eve threa... yep. Nope.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
I can see why Stunt Flores is addicted to this. My God is it a rush to murder these untermenschen.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ullerrm posted:

Genuine question -- does anyone think that there's room for a no-politics-allowed "Eve game mechanics" thread?

This thread is rotting garbage, but the chill thread is too silly for me. I just want to let my mental encyclopedia loose and legit discuss ship/mod balance and talk spreadsheets without a bunch of d-names making ten different single-sentence posts and spamming static in every page.

I'd love to have a thread like that, and it'd be great to be able to have discussions that aren't all about the current meta.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

cravius posted:

You'd think someone who joined for guild would at least lurk more before vomiting his unhinged thoughts into the thread.

nice meltdown.

Dalael posted:

It was an okay post. Just too long for what you needed to say. Make em shorter for those with the attention span of... Hey look a bird landed on my window! How cute.

thanks for your approval.

Reverand maynard posted:

Paco I don't hate yiu but your loving essays are trying to convert me.

:shrug:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Paco Vato posted:

thanks for your approval.

Please don't make such an ironic post. We all know the only approval you seek is Deadtear's.
Sorry Paco, you'll always be a failure in his eyes.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm okay with post novels but man paco if you're going to enjoy free speech you shouldn't let other people's free speech posts get to you

don't let them in don't let them see, be the good poster you always have to be. conceal don't feal don't let them know. let it go let it go

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

Sorry Paco, you'll always be a failure in his eyes.

:smithicide:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Hey, don't take it the wrong way.
I'm pretty sure everyone are failures in his eyes. Its not just you. :sympathy:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

Oh my loving god that was incredible

Logoffski'd a Hurricane Fleet Issue with Stunt Flores and the target had a Huginn and a Cerberus warp in to help. Killed the HFI and escaped full Huginn tackle at the last second. My ship lights are barely even flickering.

Fix Lag fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 16, 2016

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
that ship looks cool as poo poo to begin with and battle damaged it's easily the coolest looking ship in the game imho.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Fix Lag posted:

Oh my loving god that was incredible

Logoffski'd a Hurricane Fleet Issue with Stunt Flores and the target had a Huginn and a Cerberus warp in to help. Killed the HFI and escaped full Huginn tackle at the last second. My ship lights are barely even flickering.

Nice one. Why the shield fit though?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Paco Vato posted:

that ship looks cool as poo poo to begin with and battle damaged it's easily the coolest looking ship in the game imho.

Yeah. CCPs done a good job in the art department recently

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

abigserve posted:

Nice one. Why the shield fit though?

It's the Stunt Flores special and it loving owns at hunting ratters.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

Yeah. CCPs done a good job in the art department recently

art is the one thing they've always been good at

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Speaking of "art". Do they still plan on making that EVE tv show or whatever they had announced years back?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Dalael posted:

Speaking of "art". Do they still plan on making that EVE tv show or whatever they had announced years back?

Sure. Right after we can walk through a station, play a little blackjack, then fly down to the planet and land on it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Seems like they started working on the idea again.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-04/22/eve-online-tv-series

quote:

Sci-fi MMO EVE Online could be leaving the confines of your computer, with plans for a TV series moving ahead.

Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of developer CCP Games, tells WIRED that the studio is "actively working" on a serial adaptation of the popular game, in association with Ridley Scott.

"We're actually exploring that with Ridley Scott's production company and Baltasar Kormákur, an Icelandic director," Pétursson says, speaking at EVE Fanfest 2016. "We're actively working on that. I think we have some traction on it."

Plans for an EVE Online TV series first surfaced back in 2013, but development has been on the backburner as CCP focused instead on expanding the core game and experimenting with virtual reality (ultimately resulting in EVE Valkyrie). Now, plans seem to be moving forwards again.

"It's a very big idea obviously – doing a television series is something that takes years to get going," Pétursson says. "I think House of Cards took around seven years to get going."

Once it does get going, there's plenty of material to serve as inspiration for season arcs. EVE Online is about to turn 13, and in addition to its own central lore – 21,000 years future, humanity has long abandoned Earth and now colonises distant worlds, but our penchant for political strife and military squabbles follow us to the stars – the game has played host to years of stories and events instigated by player actions. Some of the most notable have left their mark of the universe's fiction and impact events moving forward.

"I think the world and events of EVE Online could, in many ways, be constructed into a TV series just like Andrew Groen has taken the history and structured Empires of EVE," Pétursson says. Groen's book is a history of the greatest conflicts in the game, presented as an in-universe chronicle of past events.

Don't expect to see EVE on the big screen though. "I think there's a huge opportunity to bring EVE Online's stories that have already happened into something like a television series," Pétursson says. "[Not] a movie – EVE is the size of Game of Thrones, and you couldn't make a movie about Game of Thrones, it's just way too big. EVE Online is at that scale, so I think a TV series is something that makes sense."

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Fix Lag posted:

It's the Stunt Flores special and it loving owns at hunting ratters.

Highs to kill the active tank.

Lows for damage via drones.

Mids for tank.

It makes sense.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ullerrm posted:

I've previously bookmarked your posts in this thread and read that instead.
So yes. In particular because we seem to have a lot of people who are trying new things now we have no access to 0.0 and their requests for help, be it exploration advice or L4/L5 missions, etc, seem to get drowned out.

e: I don't really know why all this poo poo flinging about GSF isn't in the GSF thread anyhow

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
On a related note, while talking about Stunt and the strange things Stunt fits.

What?

This one I'm having a hard time making sense of because there's nothing in his highs that needs to be overheated, so I can't even puzzle out what the combat launcher is there for. You can't online it on an Astero, even with all 5s and the implants he was using. Did the killmail glitch and this is just a standard launcher? That would make sense (except for the ammo).

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

No that's supposed to be there.

The cargo has a mobile depot. You drop the depot and online the launcher when you need to do some scanning. It's not supposed to be active all the time (according to Stunt's thread on gf.com on the subject).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gearhead posted:

What?

This one I'm having a hard time making sense of because there's nothing in his highs that needs to be overheated, so I can't even puzzle out what the combat launcher is there for. You can't online it on an Astero, even with all 5s and the implants he was using. Did the killmail glitch and this is just a standard launcher? That would make sense (except for the ammo).

he has genolutions and offlines everything

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he has genolutions and offlines everything

He was only wearing one Genolution, though, in this case. A CA-2 Geno, a couple of Rogues and Zor's Hyper-Link.

Wrong clone, I guess?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
might have ripped them out while he was dying

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/o7hKu9i.webm

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Gearhead posted:

Highs to kill the active tank.

Lows for damage via drones.

Mids for tank.

It makes sense.

I prefer armor for hunting because I like 65k ehp~ buffer and no resist hole, but at the same time I miss heaps of kills because the armor stratios is fat, slow, and hits like a baby compared to the shield one.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Gearhead posted:

What?

he fits it to the high slot to save cargo space, even if he can't use it

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Sure, rolling past ten lines of "Jerk detected!" makes it easy to keep up with this thread, but sometimes I'd rather like to read something about EVE in the EVE thread. :colbert:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
How are the HAW on the Phoenix? Looking at EFT it does a whopping 2600 DPS at best.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 16, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Zephyrine posted:

How are the HAW on the Phoenix? Looking at EFT it does a whopping 2600 DPS at best. With fury mind you

I switched to Javelins and it went down to 1600 DPS. I had to double check to make sure that the siege module was on. It was.

Edit: whoops that was quote and not edit.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Zephyrine posted:

How are the HAW on the Phoenix? Looking at EFT it does a whopping 2600 DPS at best.

With a buddy applying webs, you can get ~90% damage application to fully linked ABing T3 cruisers so...

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ullerrm posted:

Chill thread only tends to get silly when we don't have other stuff to discuss.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Dalael posted:

Seems like they started working on the idea again.

I wonder who they'll cast to play Mittens.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

feedmegin posted:

I wonder who they'll cast to play Mittens.

Shia LaBeouf.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

ullerrm posted:

There should be an "ask flanders" eve thread, where everyone can pick your brains.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Rhymenoserous posted:

The minute it became obvious that we were going to lose all our space I said we should have invaded some other location. Get the membership a place to recoup. But that would require we put our members ahead of our collective pride. There's not a region in this game that could stand up to us save the nothern ones.

We'd have to leave our supers up north and PL/NC would just follow us, they've said that they would do so many times. So we would lose a bunch of our members only to be in the exact same position in another low-sec system. How is this a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

vulvamancer posted:

We'd have to leave our supers up north and PL/NC would just follow us, they've said that they would do so many times. So we would lose a bunch of our members only to be in the exact same position in another low-sec system. How is this a good idea?

Well we weren't going to commit our supers to this war anyway, so I don't see why leaving the supers behind is a big issue. If anything, going somewhere else and actually doing what we used to do, winning fights and pushing people around, could have done quite a bit for morale. Okay, so PL/NC would have followed, but fighting them is way more manageable when you don't have the rest of EVE not moving with them.

• Locked thread