Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DemonMage posted:

Bluestacks and Nox are the best for gaming currently. Bluestacks is a nice easy to use app player. Nox is a good emulator.

Unless they changed recently, I'd stay away from Bluestacks. You can only use it a few times before they want you to pay for it. Nox and Andy seem to be the best options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Unless they changed recently, I'd stay away from Bluestacks. You can only use it a few times before they want you to pay for it. Nox and Andy seem to be the best options.

I've used Andy and it's pretty good.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Anyone still playing Major Mayhem? Any advice for getting three stars on Metropolis 14 or Desert 4? They are the bane of my existence.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Kheldarn posted:

I haven't used it in a few months as I like the macro functions of Nox, but before if you didn't want to pay you could just install whatever app was paying them at the time. Which of course could be instantly uninstalled without even being launched.

Not that there's anything wrong with paying for good software anyways.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Andy launched some random game mid setup without asking or warning and Nox is running extremely slow on my computer, Bluestacks it is I guess.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Mekorama is a cute new 3D puzzle game that seems to take a lot of inspiration from Captain Toad on the 3DS, with a dash of Monument Valley too.

Its really charming, has a whole heap of levels and a level editor, and is also completely free (though if you like it you should definitely consider sending the dev some cash).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 16, 2016

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What sort of Warioware style games are there for Android?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Climax, Dumb Ways to Die and Dumb Ways to Die 2 are all very Warioware like.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 16, 2016

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

mrkillboy posted:

Climax, Dumb Ways to Die and Dumb Ways to Die 2 are all very Warioware like.

Thanks!

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

11Y1 for my Tiny Tower relapse.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I literally finished Tiny Tower, built every floor. Why would I start over again? This is madness... 134K

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Edit: Nevermind! I got it sorted out.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 16, 2016

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone else tried Brave Diggers?

It seems to have all the tropes of "Gather units, mine some resources, upgrade and fight in the arena". I'm liking it so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.r2game.diggers&hl=en

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't think I was going to keep playing TT after checking it out but what the hell. 123k

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

m.hache posted:

Anyone else tried Brave Diggers?

It seems to have all the tropes of "Gather units, mine some resources, upgrade and fight in the arena". I'm liking it so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.r2game.diggers&hl=en

Not sure if it is a region thing or what but it is saying it is incompatible with all my devices. I am in the US and my phone is a GS6 Edge+ so it should be good enough.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

Not sure if it is a region thing or what but it is saying it is incompatible with all my devices. I am in the US and my phone is a GS6 Edge+ so it should be good enough.

I'm in Canada with a S6 Edge so who knows. Region likely.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Goddamnit Tiny Tower, I'm never going to get any work done today.. 13JQ

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
13JW on TT, added everyone who posted already. I noticed that when you add someone they don't seem to appear properly in the list (it's just an empty friend... thing with the name and code, no little guy or anything) until you add another person, just me?

I wish I could pull in my old android save, I've still got it kicking around. My digital hoarder is going crazy!

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Kheldarn posted:

Updated the info in my Final Fantasy Brave Exvius post. Rerolling isn't as simple as all that, since it requires 2 FB accounts, and you need to use your throwaway one first. Bleh.

Anyway, if you want to add me, my code is 796,613,573. I'm sharing Leah, a White Mage with Cure and Libra. If you friend me, you can use her Healing Wind Limit Break.

Added you, my lead is Garland. 553,525,673

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Tiny tower friend code is 139Y

Please name me "sex god" on your buddy list

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Joining the TT club 13KZ

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I'm wondering how well this prestige mechanic in the new TT is going to work out. 50 floors is a decent time investment, and getting a ticket to gild one floor for instant stock or maxed residents, while nice, doesn't do a whole lot to get you back to that point very quickly. Usually games with a prestige mechanic have a cycle where you hit a wall, prestige, and then use the bonuses provided by that prestige to get back up to where you were in a much shorter time. Then you make it a little further, prestige again, and so on. TT is much more of a slow burner type of game, where you're always building towards that end goal of having the tallest tower possible, and this runs counter to that. I don't know how long it even takes the average player to reach 50 floors. I think originally it probably took me a year or two of fairly regular playing to finish my tower on the old version, but I forget how many total floors that was. It just kind of seems like a mechanic being shoehorned into the existing game, rather than designed to work with it. I mean, suppose someone was an insane completionist, like the goons who tried to get maxed out 9 skill dream jobbers for every single store in the original. If someone wanted to gild every single floor in the new TT, what are they looking at? Decades of play time?

On the plus side, if you reset every 50 at least those 'find a bitizen' quests won't be quite as insane.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah, it really does seem like you should get something besides one super floor for all the trouble, especially if you went to the lengths to get a lot of dream job placements. Not to mention any bux you spent upgrading shops or elevator speed are now gone. There's just not enough incentive to throw all that poo poo away, especially since someone who didn't invest all that gets the same drat thing.

edit: Reading a little further you supposedly get a fully upgraded shop with the gold, not just the instant stock, so that potentially makes a big difference. And they also plan on having the elevator speed carry over. Still, no compensation for the dream jobs placed or shop upgrade bux spent aside from however much faster it got you to 50 floors. I guess I will end up trying it at least once when I get there just to see what it's like.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 16, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Pre-Register page is live. They're doing a promo like they did for Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and setting up giveaways based on the number of pre-registration points they get.

You can contribute 100 Points: 30 for pre-registering, 10 for Liking them on Facebook, 10 for sharing them on Facebook, 10 for following them on Twitter, 10 for Tweeting about them on Twitter, and 30 for Inviting up to 3 friends.

However, you don't have to actually do any of those. Just click the button for each, and it will open a new window. Then close the window, and see that you have the points.

1,000,000 points was the first goal, and it's been reached. Everyone who pre-registers will get Magitek Armor Terra from Final Fantasy VI.
1,500,000 points gets you 3 Elixers and 5,000 Friend Points (you can spend 200 FP on the Gacha to get a random hero)
2,500,000 points gets you 500 Lapis (the Premium currency; you can spend 500 on the Gacha to get a 3★+ hero)
3,500,000 points gets you 5 Phoenix Downs and 10,000 Gil
5,500,000 points gets you 10 Rare Summon tickets (1 can be used instead of 500 Lapis on the 3★+ Gacha)

I've been playing it since it soft launched in Sweeden, and it's like a combination of old school Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, it really does seem like you should get something besides one super floor for all the trouble, especially if you went to the lengths to get a lot of dream job placements. Not to mention any bux you spent upgrading shops or elevator speed are now gone. There's just not enough incentive to throw all that poo poo away, especially since someone who didn't invest all that gets the same drat thing.

Didn't even think of elevator upgrades. Yeah, that's pretty rough. I usually drop thousands of bux (in-game earned, I'm not that crazy) on elevator upgrades as my first priority in these games. Plus the bux you would have put into upgrading individual floors, and the bitizens you might have cycled for dream jobs, etc. The payoff just isn't there for what you're giving up in return. Even if you were getting 5 or 10 of the gold tickets per prestige, I'm still not sure I'd be that inclined to dump it all and start over.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

The Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Pre-Register page is live. They're doing a promo like they did for Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and setting up giveaways based on the number of pre-registration points they get.

You can contribute 100 Points: 30 for pre-registering, 10 for Liking them on Facebook, 10 for sharing them on Facebook, 10 for following them on Twitter, 10 for Tweeting about them on Twitter, and 30 for Inviting up to 3 friends.

However, you don't have to actually do any of those. Just click the button for each, and it will open a new window. Then close the window, and see that you have the points.

1,000,000 points was the first goal, and it's been reached. Everyone who pre-registers will get Magitek Armor Terra from Final Fantasy VI.
1,500,000 points gets you 3 Elixers and 5,000 Friend Points (you can spend 200 FP on the Gacha to get a random hero)
2,500,000 points gets you 500 Lapis (the Premium currency; you can spend 500 on the Gacha to get a 3★+ hero)
3,500,000 points gets you 5 Phoenix Downs and 10,000 Gil
5,500,000 points gets you 10 Rare Summon tickets (1 can be used instead of 500 Lapis on the 3★+ Gacha)

I've been playing it since it soft launched in Sweeden, and it's like a combination of old school Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Those of us already playing the Sweden version are we going to get the Terra or should I just hold off?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Kheldarn posted:

FYI: that worked for all of them except for the Invite X number of friends. However, the invite window didn't seem to care whether a valid email address was entered or not.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Wintermutant posted:

FYI: that worked for all of them except for the Invite X number of friends. However, the invite window didn't seem to care whether a valid email address was entered or not.

mir@space.com works for this, but you@you.u didn't. Make sure you've got a valid TLD and you should be fine.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Vector 2, the sequel to super stylish parkour game Vector is out.

In other news, Niantic Labs have opened up their ongoing Pokemon GO field test to users in the United States. Sign up here Yanks: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/index.jsp

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 17, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Anderron Shi posted:

Tiny tower friend code is 139Y

Please name me "sex god" on your buddy list
Limpy McFlaccid it is!

Don't forget to pick one of your shops that hasn't gotten all dream job Bitizens yet and hit Request Workers. It'll set that as your needed floor so it'll show up both on the front of the friends list and also as a number if I click on a Bitizen that matches. That makes it really easy to check any new residents and see if I should send them off anywhere.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Byolante posted:

Zombies Run! is good for exercising

I'll second this. I used their couch to 5k app to get into running and then their regular app to entertain myself when running solo to train for a half marathon. It's an pretty fun universe with lots of content.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Those of us already playing the Sweden version are we going to get the Terra or should I just hold off?

Well, they said today on FB that there won't be a wipe when the game launches, and if the Sweedish didn't get it, I think they'd be upset, so I expect it to go to everyone.

Estel
May 4, 2010
Tiny Tower code 11GC, i think i added everyone.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
11QB for Tiny Tower.

My fondest memory for the original was getting a 0000 bitizen whose dream job was comic shop. I know it's likely random but it was absolutely hysterical to me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hey Tiny Tower Devs - this is a super minor request, but is there any way to have the little "ding" notification without vibration? It was like something out of a movie, I got the notification that something was done in the middle of the night, but the desk where I charge my phone at night amplifies vibrations like a thousand fold, and it startled the dogs, which in turn woke up everyone else haha.. I've turned them off for now.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Trampus posted:

I'll second this. I used their couch to 5k app to get into running and then their regular app to entertain myself when running solo to train for a half marathon. It's an pretty fun universe with lots of content.
Gonna third it. This game got me into running, and still manages to keep me entertained. I genuinely consider it one of the best games ever made, because it does its single goal(make running fun) so incredible well, and naturally adjusts to everyone's running experience.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does Zombies, Run! only do zombies, or are there other options?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

New Leaf posted:

Hey Tiny Tower Devs - this is a super minor request, but is there any way to have the little "ding" notification without vibration? It was like something out of a movie, I got the notification that something was done in the middle of the night, but the desk where I charge my phone at night amplifies vibrations like a thousand fold, and it startled the dogs, which in turn woke up everyone else haha.. I've turned them off for now.
The priority notifications/do not disturb feature in Android is great and you should use it. Can have it only bother you with actually vital poo poo at night by setting those apps as priority and the other notifications still appear silently but don't make noises or bumps.

Sorry in advance if you have an old phone :(

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

hooah posted:

Does Zombies, Run! only do zombies, or are there other options?

One would assume from the name that it only does zombies. It's not called Cats, Run! is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CrashCat posted:

The priority notifications/do not disturb feature in Android is great and you should use it. Can have it only bother you with actually vital poo poo at night by setting those apps as priority and the other notifications still appear silently but don't make noises or bumps.

Sorry in advance if you have an old phone :(

Holy poo poo, I had no idea how deep that went. I thought it was like a movie theater thing, and in that case I just opt to turn my phone off instead. I just fiddled with all the rules and think I have it sorted out now, thank you!