Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

track day bro! posted:

Cool Ant Davidson showed exactly this happening, but the car went into harvesting mode coming out of the corner. But, hell i'm glad this happened and maybe Mercedes should fire both their lovely drivers and hire Maldonado and Max Chilton instead, now thats my kinda team.

So basically nico did that thing where somebody pulls into the fast lane in front if you and slams on the brakes. Good to know.

Fraud nico

Fraud max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
17 time formula 1 race winner Fraudo Fraudsberg (I say that only ironically as I do want him to win) doesn't know how to use a little plastic knob.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
1. That was the most awesome and exciting boring race I've ever seen. That track is a turd.

2. RBR is lucky. Any other track (other than monaco) and the Ferraris would have walked away.

3. Initially I wanted to blame Lewis because it's a desperate move to make in the 4th corner of the race, but if he needed to win, GOTO 1. The only place he could have made a pass is in the pits. I'm still blaming Lewis because 2nd would have been way better than 22nd, unacceptable poo poo move on lap 1 on a teammate, IMO. gently caress him and good for Nico not putting up with that poo poo. Learn how to start better Lewis, you dumb gently caress.

4. As one of the highest ranking members of the Seb-apologist club, I think I have to step down. His whining on the radio is poo poo. Actually really good driving from him and Their Dan not to hit each other, but it wasn't the Jesus of moves like Brundle made it out to be. T1 dive bomb. Wow. So inspired. Did I mention it's a terrible track?

5. Genuinely great drive for Max, even though he's ugly. I was so enthralled with the race I forgot about the Mercedes drama.

6. So happy RBR won a race again because everyone hates them so much and it's so satisfying.

7. Ted Kravitz must have made a bet to see how many times he could act like an unintelligible giddy gently caress on air and talk about how sexy RBR is looking. And then crying talking to Jos. gently caress you too, Ted. By far the most annoying personality in F1.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Leave poor frogboy alone!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol at any calls to remove the championship leader instead of a petulant child who can't start or overtake properly.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"no further action" would have been the correct decision if rosberg hadn't knowingly had his car in the wrong engine mode. pretty retarded to throw an aggressive block like that when you hosed up and are 160hp down on the cars chasing you. and lewis saw the harvesting light flashing on rosberg's car, he would've known what was going on and was simply avoiding a far slower car. so it's not like he was making an over aggressive pass. the other option would have been slamming on the brakes, i don't think that would've worked out well either.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Here is a picture of me watching the 2016 Spanish GP;

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

wicka posted:

"no further action" would have been the correct decision if rosberg hadn't knowingly had his car in the wrong engine mode. pretty retarded to throw an aggressive block like that when you hosed up and are 160hp down on the cars chasing you. and lewis saw the harvesting light flashing on rosberg's car, he would've known what was going on and was simply avoiding a far slower car. so it's not like he was making an over aggressive pass. the other option would have been slamming on the brakes, i don't think that would've worked out well either.

I agree with wicka

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
In the end, there was no harm done so the stewards really didn't need to jump in there anyway.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

No harm? That poor steering wheel

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

daslog posted:

In the end, there was no harm done so the stewards really didn't need to jump in there anyway.

Yea I'm guessing mercedes sweet-talked some dudes to avoid a 10 spot penalty at Monaco for Lewis.

wicka posted:

Lewis' starts are bad.

How bad are they?

Nico isn't even on the right engine mode and he still gets the lead.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

17 time formula 1 race winner Fraudo Fraudsberg (I say that only ironically as I do want him to win) doesn't know how to use a little plastic knob.

F1 Great Nico Rosberg fraud status: Confirmed.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Even though fraudsberg wasn't punished for being a big stupid idiot and not knowing how his car works, I'm happy they didn't get a loving podium for once.

Max will be the youngest GP winner of all time, forever. Ugh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

in the end the stewards were right not to punish an action that made the race one thousand million times better than it was going to be

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Until Felipehino Massa wins at the tender age of 13.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Diet Crack posted:

Until Felipehino Massa wins at the tender age of 13.

Can't get a superlicence before 18 now. So we live with frogboy in the records forever.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also I forgot to give big props to Big Sebs for calling out this dive-bombing horseshit overtake maneuvers. Its an amateur move in karting yet somehow it's hailed as "genius" and "breathtaking" by that useless twat Martin Brundle. Somebody has to call out these shitlords.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Wow I agree with wicka. Nico's so smart and German and spends every second during the off season in the simulator, yet he doesn't even know how to put his engine into the correct mode for the race.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

These petulant tears are so delicious.

Please Brits, more.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

dreesemonkey posted:

Nico isn't even on the right engine mode and he still gets the lead.

The mode that uses up a whole laps worth of electric power in 2 corners? If anything he should have been farther ahead, lewis certainly thought so too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

Wow I agree with wicka. Nico's so smart and German and spends every second during the off season in the simulator, yet he doesn't even know how to put his engine into the correct mode for the race.

hilariously, it's stickered to the wheel:

he was in strat 12, which they use for fuel saving during the warmup lap and to ensure the ERS is fully charged. i have to imagine he was too focused on the last two bits of instruction, those relating to proper clutch positioning for the launch, because he still beat lewis off the start!

and while i still think this is ultimately rosberg's fault...when hamilton sees rosberg's harvest light flashing, and presumably understands that he's in the wrong engine mode, what part of his brain led him to the conclusion that rosberg was just going to let him by on the inside? it's all very dumb and i'm just glad it happened.

wicka fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 16, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

F1 Legend Nico Rosberg can take the fight to known fraud Lewis even with a gimped engine. Stick him in the McLaren.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Nico would have gotten away with it too, if it werent for that pesky Hamilton :argh:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

wicka posted:

it's all very dumb and i'm just glad it happened.

I think we can at least all agree on this.

Mercedes had more TV time by not even completing one lap instead of "No sense showing Rosberg, he's 3 pit stops ahead of second place"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Nico would have gotten away with it too, if it werent for that pesky Hamilton :argh:

I think there was another Rosberg who exposed his British teammate as an over hyped fraud but I can't remember exactly.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Ros the boss

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Poois Ramilton and Clicko Knob-berg

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

daslog posted:

No harm? I had to agree with wicka

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Dubs posted:

No harm? I had to agree with wicka

I do too. I'm also hoping we see a repeat at the 5 or 6 races.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

daslog posted:

I do too. I'm also hoping we see a repeat at the 5 or 6 races.

I hope they crash into each other an absurd amount of times and Max somehow becomes WDC.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Diet Crack posted:

Poois Ramilton and Clicko Knob-berg

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Nico was fiddling with his own knob while Lewis came at him from behind. Still he rises.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Also I forgot to give big props to Big Sebs for calling out this dive-bombing horseshit overtake maneuvers. Its an amateur move in karting yet somehow it's hailed as "genius" and "breathtaking" by that useless twat Martin Brundle. Somebody has to call out these shitlords.

Well, it was breathtakingly stupid. If Seb had tried to defend that, it would have been a rather nasty accident. I guess it's something that comes along with being a #2 driver at Red Bull (See D.Kvyatt & M.Webber).

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Dive bombing is frogboy's and hammy's signature move so of course the media are going to jizz all over those moves.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Speaking of bomber crews

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Diet Crack posted:

Speaking of bomber crews

that's a racing incident

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

that's a racing incident

It's the only notable thing Guiterrez has done.

simble
May 11, 2004

"I crash..."

"Oh, okay..."

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sauber team radio posted:

"I crash..."

"Who are you again?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Aqualung posted:

I hope they crash into each other an absurd amount of times and Max somehow becomes WDC.

The issue with Mercedes not winning the WCC is that ferrari or redbull would win it both of which is completly fuckin unacceptible

• Locked thread