Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
poo poo, that sucks for Tipuric but with concussion it is best to be careful with recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Highlanders vs Crusaders is the best game I've seen since the S15 final last year. Unbelievable rugby. Everyone goes on about the Chiefs but the Highlanders are still on another level for me.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
The Highlanders managed to get a scrum penalty despite having 7 men in the forwards due to a yellow card; the Crusaders must be demoralised.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If you're not watching the game, try to find a replay. It's loving fabbo.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Vagabundo posted:

If you're not watching the game, try to find a replay. It's loving fabbo.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I wasn't able to watch and I already know the answer, but was the Saracens' glorious victory over the dastardly French as dull and grinding as always?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
It wasn't a terrible game. I would watch extended highlights I think. Certainly not worth taking time out to watch every min as it was all about the tactical kicking.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

fallingdownjoe posted:

I wasn't able to watch and I already know the answer, but was the Saracens' glorious victory over the dastardly French as dull and grinding as always?

yes

yes it was

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

In happier news the blues are still very bad.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Swan Curry posted:

yes

yes it was

I enjoyed Itoje at least, really impressive season from him he looks like he could be a scary player really soon.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

In horrifying news, it looks like the Waratahs might make the finals and ruin Rugby in Australia for another year.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Look at the poo poo Ebbw Vale just won

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
To be fair, their number 4 is the most terrifying tattooed man in the world. If he wants a trophy that menaces with spikes of iron then I imagine anyone would do whatever they can to win it for him.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Mister Chief posted:

And Elton Jantjies is still very fun to watch

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Mike Ford "left" Bath.

Not overly surprising really.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Mike Ford "left" Bath.

Not overly surprising really.

They have had such a bad season, I'm really surprised how low they are in the league.

fallingdownjoe posted:

To be fair, their number 4 is the most terrifying tattooed man in the world. If he wants a trophy that menaces with spikes of iron then I imagine anyone would do whatever they can to win it for him.

After they won he had to be returned to the set of the latest Stallone film.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm surprised and disappointed they canned him after one bad year. Particularly arfter the Burgess and Ford fuckups at England that I don't think were his fault.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Its what happens when you set expectations high for your team

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He didn't so much set expectations high as do really well last year.

It's a shame.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Vagabundo posted:

Eddie Jones has called up players to a training camp in preparation for the one-off test against Wales and the 3-test tour of Australia. Players from the Saracens, Exeter, Wasps and Leicester were excluded due to their place in the Premiership play-offs.

Props
Joe Marler (Harlequins)

Not sure what Marler is doing there, as he was poo poo at the World Cup and poo poo in the 6 Nations. His discipline has appeared to have collapsed as well.

Well, he's out: Marler withdraws from England squad/

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

If you're not watching and enjoying the Sunwolves, you are wrong.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Is this where Hayne chat is located now?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, it would be. However, because he's playing 7s during Super Rugby season and the impending June internationals, it'll be heavily overshadowed by the British being disappointed and the SH set laughing their heads off.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Who's Hayne?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BabyFur Denny posted:

Who's Hayne?

Jarryd Hayne - Fijian-Australian ex-NRL player who hopped over to the 49ers in the NFL before leaving the team to play for the Fijian 7s team in the upcoming Olympics games in Rio.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why not Australia?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

He says it's because they didn't ask. Who the gently caress knows for sure, only a month ago NFL was his life long dream.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

There's that Super Bowl winner who's going to play for the USA team so maybe he can go back.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Unimpressed posted:

He says it's because they didn't ask. Who the gently caress knows for sure, only a month ago NFL was his life long dream.

NFL contracts are really unsecure, especially if you're a fringe player at best. He was waived at some point last year and the entire NFL collectively said "yeah, nah, gently caress off", so that possibly has something to do with it.

If the ASADA guy isn't lying Hayne probably won't show up in the Olympics except as moral support, but we'll see.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

He just made his debut at the London 7s. Fiji lost 31 10 to England.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

There's that Super Bowl winner who's going to play for the USA team so maybe he can go back.

He's been dropped from the team for the London 7s so it's not looking promising for him either.

e: Did someone forget to tell Leicester the start time for their game against Saracens?

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 21, 2016

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Despite Rodney Ah You's best efforts to show how well he'll fit into Ulster next year by bottling a playoff Connacht have beaten Glasgow and face Leinster in the final of the Pro 12 next week. Once again Bundee Aki was man of the match, he's been the star of the team the whole year and it's going to be such a disappointment when a French team signs him away. I'd love for Connacht to win next week but if there's one thing Leinster have shown over the last few years it's that they know how to beat teams that play better rugby than them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If the Force had any chance of progressing beyond the regular season, they're probably dashed now. They've likely lost Matt Hodgson for the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Scotland are somehow in the final of the cup at Twickenham 7s. WTF

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Was it especially wet and windy for their last matches?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Idk, I only turned over for the finals but it looks like quite a nice day.

It was a kind draw I guess. England then USA.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Scotland's tactics in the 7s is basically pass the ball a lot and keep possession and then try to score through defensive cockups. They pass more than any other side in the 7s so must be working out for them. They beat England 17-0 and then beat the US 24-17 (US beat NZ 42-14 in the QF).

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Haha, we just sxored from a driving maul! 10-7 up at half time.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

loving yes!!!! :scotland::scotland::scotland::scotland::scotland::scotland::scotland: Sevens coming home!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Just watched the game. Great final and great win. Fleming carrying two players over the line and still scoring was great to see too.