Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Halfdan Whiteshirt also starts as a single county and can easily build a kingdom from scratch

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Comstar posted:

Does the in game tutorial tell you about the features of each DLC as you come across them? The Stellaris tutorial outright fails to ever mention some basic gameplay options, and I'm curious to know of CK2 is able to be learnt if you start with a lot of the new DLC.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559664

Start with CapnAndy's LP and go from there.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Are there any vaguely recent CK2 turorial videos that are decent? My SO wants to learn but doesn't want me hovering over her shoulder yelling "stab him, this will be good for your kids."

spacebard
Jan 1, 2007

Football~
I love this fitna fracture mod. Look at all them Romes.

But where's the pope? In a church in pagan Croatia kicked out by Cathar Rome

:getin:

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Aleth posted:

Not sure if anyone was waiting for it but Geheimnisnacht just pushed a big new release that's 2.5.2 compatible.

Could someone shoot me a DL link via PM? There seems to be an issue with the forums recognizing that I own CK2.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/lost-access-to-forums-read-me.929534/

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Ogres and Skaven? I guess there's a reason to play that again.

For those who haven't been following, there's been a gigantic thing where for at least a year, I think, the devs have repeatedly denied that skaven can be done in CK2, up to and including starting, a day before this new release, a thread dedicated to them revealing that their denials were fake... but that they hadn't been able to find a way to implement them after all that anyway. Then of course, they released the update that included them the day after.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
update 13, too.

mother fuckers.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

the panacea posted:

Could someone shoot me a DL link via PM? There seems to be an issue with the forums recognizing that I own CK2.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/lost-access-to-forums-read-me.929534/

Who gives a poo poo about that stupid paradox rule about not posting links outside the forum. It's been posted on pirate sites already anyways.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v5n3rizd3micy60/geheimnisnacht+0.13.0.zip

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How is that mod? I know nothing about warhams but a different setting would be neat

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

geheimnisnacht won't work for me for some reason. I´m probably doing something wrong. I download it into the mod file and then when I try to run it crashes before it can finish loading.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

FreudianSlippers posted:

geheimnisnacht won't work for me for some reason. I´m probably doing something wrong. I download it into the mod file and then when I try to run it crashes before it can finish loading.

I have the same problem, so you're not alone. I run other mods just fine.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Red Minjo posted:

Is it impossible to declare war to take over a tributary or something? Because otherwise I don't understand how I have a strong claim on an independent county but no casus belli. Playing the earliest start with all DLC but Sunset on as an Irish tribal.

Yeah, if you're made someone your tributary, they count as allies I think. Can't declare war with strong claims in any case. You might have to knife whatever leader is in charge there to end his tributary state.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

FreudianSlippers posted:

Just to check but you have unzipped it so in the \mod folder you have both the geheimnisnacht folder and .mod file present? The previous release needed you to downgrade CK but this latest one works on 2.5.2, been playing it today without any problems.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

verbal enema posted:

How is that mod? I know nothing about warhams but a different setting would be neat

It's a huge clusterfuck of factions. It's both immensely diverse but also almost suffocating. The dedication is at least impressive.

Every race has basically their own government type, so hovering over a Gov Type button will sear your eyes with how the Legacy of Ancients government does not get tax from Blood Pact, Druchii Ascendancy, Hierocracy, Urban Feudalism, Warband, Halfling Circlejerk, and Witch King vassals.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 15, 2016

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Weavered posted:

Are there actually any benefits to sending someone off to form a mercenary company?

All I can see is the off chance of earning some gold set against a fair chunk of your personal levies being lost permanently. Which is less than great.

I use this a lot as W.Africans because their merc options are absolute shiiiiit

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Back To 99 posted:

Who gives a poo poo about that stupid paradox rule about not posting links outside the forum. It's been posted on pirate sites already anyways.

Thanks a lot!

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah, if you're made someone your tributary, they count as allies I think. Can't declare war with strong claims in any case. You might have to knife whatever leader is in charge there to end his tributary state.

Nope. then their descendant becomes your new tribute. Tributes last until your death, or they free themselves with that Free Tributary CB.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
So a female vassal of mine is bombarding me with seduction events. What are the consequences of the options presented. I don't really need a scandal but the game isn't very clear on the rejection options of just ignoring them, angrily dismissing them, or some third + sex appeal option that I don't quite understand

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's a huge clusterfuck of factions. It's both immensely diverse but also almost suffocating. The dedication is at least impressive.

Every race has basically their own government type, so hovering over a Gov Type button will sear your eyes with how the Legacy of Ancients government does not get tax from Blood Pact, Druchii Ascendancy, Hierocracy, Urban Feudalism, Warband, Halfling Circlejerk, and Witch King vassals.

Ehh I'll give it a shot.

AtE isn't grabbing me right now like it used to.

Current game in ck2 is me as the once King of Pictland who lost the 769 revolt got tossed in prison for 20 years broke out gained a title gained a council position and now there is a faction to reinstall me as king.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This game is so much fun to be old in.

Old and Brave with good martial? You're outside running around like a loon and court members all pout from windows with big frowny faces! "stop that :saddowns: "

69 years old in 8th century Scotland teaching wussy priests how to wield a weapon!

Wage a war and slay a enemy king with your own hands!

Writhe your old gross body on all your vassals' wives!

Die!

e: i wasnt paying attention and i died in battle and now im reloading forever to get my 72 year old king back onto the throne and i finally won and now i'm the usurper like his lovely dad was but i had it first so who knows anymore

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 16, 2016

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Is -75% the best offer I can hope for DLCs or has there been better?

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
That's the lowest I've ever seen even the oldest one go. Unless you want to wait seven years for CK2: Complete.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
CK2 game of the decade edition

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Kennel posted:

I think I've seen it go down to like 80% at some point, but yeah, 75% is about as good as you can expect it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have any ideas for something I could do for the last 200 years of the game? I'm getting the itch to play again but I'm not sure what to do now that I've wrecked the Mongols.

I conquered Italy, gave my family members the best duchies, and after I invested thousands of gold into making sure all the holdings were built and fairly upgraded, I granted the king independence and consoled him the Italia title. I'm doing the same with Russia right now. The goal being to create a system of a bunch of convoluted alliances between a bunch of empires controlled by my dynasty. With Russia freed, I'll be sitting at like, 10 vassals, so I have a ton of room to expand. Right now I'm debating between attempting to conquer the rest of India and throwing all that into one family controlled super empire to see if it could hold itself together, or heading west to conquer Egypt, Africa, and Mauretania. The former would be best for pretty borders, but the latter would really boost my galley numbers so I could get a bit more involved in the western half of the map, especially when the Aztecs roll around. Neither idea sounds really exciting to me though. I've already p much beat the game, so something stupid and fun to make things interesting would be cool. I'm Shia Persian right now, as are all my vassals.

Also I just realized that you can take screenshots of the family trade zone map.

:allears: The perfectionist in me is loving devastated I forgot to put a trade post in the furthest east coastal province in India. I have 112 trade posts right now, and my limit was above 160 at one point. I just didn't notice it until it was too late. Now my cap is only like 15 since I purged everyone. :(

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
What's the over-under on Charlemagne? I just bought the DLC collection & Way of Life on the Humble Bundle sale, so I've shelled out a fair amount quite recently. I would probably be fine waiting until the next sale, presumably when the next DLC rolls along. But I could probably also part with another $5...

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

This game is so much fun to be old in.

Old and Brave with good martial? You're outside running around like a loon and court members all pout from windows with big frowny faces! "stop that :saddowns: "

69 years old in 8th century Scotland teaching wussy priests how to wield a weapon!

Wage a war and slay a enemy king with your own hands!

Writhe your old gross body on all your vassals' wives!

Die!

e: i wasnt paying attention and i died in battle and now im reloading forever to get my 72 year old king back onto the throne and i finally won and now i'm the usurper like his lovely dad was but i had it first so who knows anymore

Perhaps my favorite little detail in the game is that you can die from loving if you're old enough. I've lost a few Doges that way, generally lustful ones that married women like a third of their age. Why hello there woman that is 23! Yes, I am 75 and would like to boink you on the regular. This massive palace and huge bag of money I have agree with me.

Then two years later you have a kid with her and die trying to make another. Then that kid grows up to be a financial genius but because some older, more prestigious member has a better Stewardship score that kid just becomes a dude that runs a trading post or two while making more sons for the family to have run more trading posts.

Then he gets murdered by some rival house, the Byzantines manage to take out four other sons in a big war, and the Muslims decide they hate your trading posts. Not long after a plague sweeps through Europe, your god heir gets leprosy, and the next best heir is a lunatic too busy seducing everybody else's wives to be useful.

Ah, CK2.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Flip Yr Wig posted:

What's the over-under on Charlemagne? I just bought the DLC collection & Way of Life on the Humble Bundle sale, so I've shelled out a fair amount quite recently. I would probably be fine waiting until the next sale, presumably when the next DLC rolls along. But I could probably also part with another $5...

You can probably wait for a sale; the main features are an even earlier start date than old gods, custom kingdoms/empires, and viceroyalties. It's interesting but not a must-have.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I'd say it's worth it, though I've never played as one of the Karlings. At the very least, the earlier start date gives you a head start on wrecking poo poo.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Kennel posted:

Where are they on sale? I'm still missing a few.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

the panacea posted:

Where are they on sale? I'm still missing a few.

There was a Paradox sale that ended yesterday, but Humble Bundle is still running a roughly equivalent one.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Flip Yr Wig posted:

There was a Paradox sale that ended yesterday, but Humble Bundle is still running a roughly equivalent one.

Oh thanks! I guess I was too busy playing Stellaris yesterday to check Steam.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Kennel posted:

I managed to find the base game+ all DLCs in a bundle on Amazon for 10 dollars once. Even though I already had the base game and Sword of Islam it was still way cheaper than buying all the DLCs so I just got it and gave the base game and SoI to a friend.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Back To 99 posted:

Why would you do this to us, Back to 99, why? :cry:

Listen to all the deaths on the team that your betrayal has caused:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ckii-development-diary-may-17th-we-dont-talk-about-the-dead.933262/

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Which vegetable makes the bear sounds?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Weavered posted:

Are there actually any benefits to sending someone off to form a mercenary company?

All I can see is the off chance of earning some gold set against a fair chunk of your personal levies being lost permanently. Which is less than great.

The character gets the Adventurer trait, which is pretty good.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Weavered posted:

He gets prestige, which is important if you are playing nomad. Otherwise, its really kinda pointless

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

the panacea posted:

Oh thanks! I guess I was too busy playing Stellaris yesterday to check Steam.

How is stellaris? I've heard some good things and some bad things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darth Windu posted:

How is stellaris? I've heard some good things and some bad things.

"Some good things and some bad things" pretty much sums it up. It's got a lot of potential but is still kind of buggy and certain areas feel kind of shallow. The events/writing are great and a lot of the core ideas are interesting, but it's going to feel very barebones coming from the 2+ years of updates CK2 and EU4 have had.

• Locked thread