Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Ha 500 Euro's ? he basically griefed himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
He doesn't seem bright and is wrong about a few important things in there.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Taking video games super seriously never ends well.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

"I find gear a genuinely stressful process" hahahahahaha

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

he needs to smoke a weed and chill

:420:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mediah is a catch up patch more than anything, it makes leveling to 55 easier and not the realm of extreme poopsockers. The rings, belts and necks are way cheaper than the vanilla ones and are almost as good while some are straight up sidegrades. We still dont have the whale earrings but those are going to substitute WEs. Grunil makes it so you dont have to have 3 different +15 sets. If you already had a +15 set and are fretting over not having grunil then you are a certified retard.

Horses are sort of bullshit but the legions of afk auto runners will provide a steady stream of horses. World bosses aren't the be all end all, you can get gear from their scroll bags and not have to suffer through them. Having them not one shot you would be good though.

Its pretty obvious that they are waiting for valencia/awakenings to enable node wars. The amount of whine they'd save by having characters have access to that before the big pvping starts happenings is worth having to wait a little. Awakenings are meant to shore up classes issues with mass pvp, which is like every class that isn't wizard/witch (which is why they are getting theirs last)

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its pretty obvious that they are waiting for valencia/awakenings to enable node wars. The amount of whine they'd save by having characters have access to that before the big pvping starts happenings is worth having to wait a little. Awakenings are meant to shore up classes issues with mass pvp, which is like every class that isn't wizard/witch (which is why they are getting theirs last)

I dunno, I still think they need to majorly fix up their servers before they introduce node wars, which is why they don't have them yet whereas russia had them before mediah even came out. Personally I think it'd give people an outlet for the PVP they want and it would be better to have it now before the gear gap actually gets larger than it currently is. I don't think it's "obvious" that they're waiting for valencia when they had to take channels down because they can't get their poo poo together.

Last night I did battlefield for the first time on my tamer and the desync was real.

Speaking of PVP night, I think it would work best if the arena segment was devoted more to 1v1s. Those are the battles that happen out in the wild and you can only really get better through experience, which is hard to get if you're attacked when you're not expecting it and freaking out etc etc. Team PVP is fine but there's a lot of gear difference which would make it hard to make even matchups which would probably make undergeared people get demolished and possibly not learn much. The battlefield segment was a lot of fun queuing up as a guild as well and gives more of an idea of what to do in a group setting. Running around seeing people you know was pretty sweet.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

black desert online or how i learned to stop worrying and love the grind

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Clocks posted:

Last night I did battlefield for the first time on my tamer and the desync was real.

Isn't the desync more an artifact of how the massive amount of client prediction works, rather than their server performance particulary? That'd make it extremely nontrivial to "fix".

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Would it? I would think a client rewrite would be much more complex than a server upgrade

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

All these goons that show up for fight night and boss scrolls then never show up for pvp.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
How do you start these dang quests in this dang holy college got dang it
There's 7 energy in there

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Grondoth posted:

How do you start these dang quests in this dang holy college got dang it
There's 7 energy in there

Talk to the book worm at the enterence to the school area. She starts a quest line which will point you in the right direction.

Alternatively just go into the library and press R on every single thing you can find in there. There's two or three that have to be obtained by spending energy to students in front of the library.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

flyboi posted:

Talk to the book worm at the enterence to the school area. She starts a quest line which will point you in the right direction.

Alternatively just go into the library and press R on every single thing you can find in there. There's two or three that have to be obtained by spending energy to students in front of the library.

That it? Darn, I must not be high enough level. I thought I missed a previous step.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hy_C posted:

All these goons that show up for fight night and boss scrolls then never show up for pvp.

It's raid progression night. Where is everyone?!?

-every MMO goon guild

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
I looked online and apparently starting bids for Heidel guild houses are 250m.

We should really get to saving. And maybe stop doing guild bosses as much...

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

CrusherEAGLE posted:

I looked online and apparently starting bids for Heidel guild houses are 250m.

We should really get to saving. And maybe stop doing guild bosses as much...

What do we get from having a guild house? The drops off those bosses are pretty great

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Calpheon has 6 guild houses, Olvia and Velia each have one. Why would we want one in Heidel?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shalhavet posted:

Calpheon has 6 guild houses, Olvia and Velia each have one. Why would we want one in Heidel?

Heidel is way closer to the actual important places (Mediah and Velia), also the #1 horse training AFK spot.

I can't see a lot of competition for Dead City Nobody Visits Olvia.

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

What do we get from having a guild house?

An excellent question.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I've heard people say that it allows guild "trading" - you get a guild only auction house where you can set whatever price on items you want. If that's actually true that would be a major benefit.

It's not really important that it's in Heidel, that was just the number/place given by a current KR player. Last I counted there are something like 20 guild houses available throughout the continent. I'm sure that when we get guild housing it won't be as expensive as 250m to start off with (because in KR guilds get money coming in from taxes or nodes or something, right?) but if they do in fact offer trading and are expensive then I would rather save for one of those than constantly blow money on like XL scrolls that have never even really dropped anything for us. That's just me, though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't want to be all Debbie Downer but are we confident that goons are a top 20 size / wealth guild?

After reading all the PVP salt over the XP weekend scrolling past guild chat I'm really not sure.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Guild activity is fine, the problem is that a good chunk of the guild is actively working on progressing their characters and time you are pvping is time you aren't making money or getting better gear. Give them a clear objective to aim at, that can at least indirectly benefit them and they'll be there.

I'm poor as gently caress right now so I spent all evening grinding for exp/money and trying to get gear to sell or fill in the gaps I have. I really want a horse so I'm grinding for MoS to sell. Instead the place is so mobbed by other people that I went to kill trees. I got a tree spirit belt about half an hour in, literally the best upgrade I could have gotten for my character since I was still using a kalis belt. My old yuria sold so now I only need a few more millions to get a good horse.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

DancingShade posted:

I don't want to be all Debbie Downer but are we confident that goons are a top 20 size / wealth guild?

After reading all the PVP salt over the XP weekend scrolling past guild chat I'm really not sure.

We're failing kill missions, have four unreciprocated wars on guilds I'm pretty sure are dead, and are scattered across random channels because our "home" channel is populated by a guild that steamrolls anyone trying to gear up/level.

Look inside your heart and you will find the answer.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Well, I also don't know if there are multiple houses on different channels or if it's server-wide. Or what. And I agree, at this point we're not a high-end guild but dang, trading would be nice. :(

I'm kind of a big carebear so my opinion on PVP doesn't really matter much, but I think I agree that it's more of a time-spent/reward issue of sorts. On the rare occasion a random call to PVP comes I'm usually off grinding or doing something to try to improve my gear or earn money or whatever. Usually goons are pretty outmatched because 1) we don't actually have that many active people online and 2) because of people like me, a lot of people don't show up and it's like a negative network effect. I'm not good enough to take down multiple people at once so if I show up and we're outnumbered I'm just going to get steamrolled and want to do something else. Then people also get super salty about goons not being too excited to jump into random world PVP that in reality means nothing when a lot of us are off grinding or doing things we see as more valuable given our time.

Meanwhile I had fun showing up to fight night even if I don't think much got done because at least the premise of "show up and learn your class / get experience fighting" seemed worth my time and it was organized in advance so I could at least plan for it instead of doing something else. Battlefield afterwards with people I knew was more fun than bashing my head against random people I didn't know. And trust me, when node wars come out I will 100% show up and try to do my best to support our guild because I think actual organized PVP with an end goal is more appealing than whatever it is we've been doing recently.

I'm not even poorly geared, just bad. I think a lot of the people salty about us not being a good PVP guild are the people who are actually good at PVP and don't really get why getting ganked when you're just trying to level up or something is a frustrating experience for a lot of players that makes them want to avoid random PVP. Lastly, I do a lot of field/world bosses and there is nothing I find more frustrating in this game than showing up and basically not getting a chance to get loot because I have to PVP with some randomass guild we decced on and no one else cares to show up and even it out (which is fine, that's the flipside to the coin of me not showing up to random tarif PVP or whatever). I just wanna get some loot so I can be less bad, man.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
The reward is putting them into the ground.

Not farming alone is a good way not to get pushed out of a farming zone. I mean yes you will have to split loot or whatever but it's better to not get pushed out and it's nice when you can push other nerds off your farming spot.

Also, it's like fun and stuff

ParknRec Can we re-war PAX, Yukii killed me at Kzarka, which means I will now have Forever Grudgeeee

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Can Goonsquad agree to Serendia O1 as the official PVE/Guild Mission channel? This way we can actually get guild missions done while simultaneously maintaining the war with Vahlok, who seem glued to Balenos O1.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Wassbix posted:

The reward is putting them into the ground.

Not farming alone is a good way not to get pushed out of a farming zone. I mean yes you will have to split loot or whatever but it's better to not get pushed out and it's nice when you can push other nerds off your farming spot.

Also, it's like fun and stuff

ParknRec Can we re-war PAX, Yukii killed me at Kzarka, which means I will now have Forever Grudgeeee

I'll talk to Pax since last night they told me their is casual a majority of their members didn't want to fight. They also couldn't remember who started the war but they had some officer leave who might have done it.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

boho posted:

Can Goonsquad agree to Serendia O1 as the official PVE/Guild Mission channel? This way we can actually get guild missions done while simultaneously maintaining the war with Vahlok, who seem glued to Balenos O1.

We have an official channel, its Bal 01.

We already switched channels once, if we change every time we get into a war with someone thats better than us we may as well not have an official channel because it will change so often no one will bother to be in it.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Actually the reason we switched to Bal o1 is because a few people wanted to PVP there and the guilds we are decced against are typically on that channel. Serendia o1 is pretty peaceful still.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Clocks posted:

Actually the reason we switched to Bal o1 is because a few people wanted to PVP there and the guilds we are decced against are typically on that channel. Serendia o1 is pretty peaceful still.

Yea no that is not why we switched at all

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hi posted:

Yea no that is not why we switched at all

What was the reason that goontang switched from Serendia01 to Balenos01 then? Was it so we could be with parks or something? I ask because I was still login into serendia thinking we were still there and only realized that we switched when I hadn't seen guild missions for a while.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm not sure if you're in goontang but that's literally the reason goontang switched from serendia to balenos. Because "serendia was too serene." Which is literally the opposite of getting PVP'd out of the channel. Before that we were in mediah which is a lovely unstable bottom channel which was the reason for switching to serendia.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

boho posted:

We're failing kill missions, have four unreciprocated wars on guilds I'm pretty sure are dead, and are scattered across random channels because our "home" channel is populated by a guild that steamrolls anyone trying to gear up/level.

Look inside your heart and you will find the answer.

PvP is not the reason that guild missions don't get done :ssh:

And between the amount of active 45+ people in GoonTang and P&R there is no reason that PvP should prevent or stop anything

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What was the reason that goontang switched from Serendia01 to Balenos01 then? Was it so we could be with parks or something?

My bad, Im in parks and rec and forgot about goontang, when I saw "Goonsquad" just assumed you were talking to about PnR

edit: is vahlok that bad for you guys? we are at war with them as well and have a 2:1 kill to death and Ive never really seen many kill spam from them in the chat channels.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Goontang should stay in Bal01 and share the terror known as Kiwii.

That man sure put a lot of goons in the ground. :911:

On a serious note, I farmed off channels for a week or so till I realized how boring it is without forever wars. Now I stay on Bal 01 and partake in the meatgrinder.

(I thought Goontang was the try-hard guild, how are y'all having problems with wars?)

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Wassbix posted:

(I thought Goontang was the try-hard guild, how are y'all having problems with wars?)

goons are lazy and/or don't care and/or are babies

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

PvP is not the reason that guild missions don't get done :ssh:

And between the amount of active 45+ people in GoonTang and P&R there is no reason that PvP should prevent or stop anything

Except we're separate guilds so sounding the horn of goondor when ganked only summons half those numbers, which are already less than you're implying because at any given time maybe half of each roster half are actives (being generous there), maybe two thirds of those have pvp-fit characters, maybe half of those are online if you're lucky, and maybe a third of THOSE have any inclination. So you've got a small pool made even smaller by the guild schism, which makes PvP a totally valid roadblock to grinding.

I love PvP, and I do think that people complaining about PvP in a game where it is literally the only reason to grind good gear in the first place are dumb. But please base your shitposting on reality.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 16, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Why are there even two guilds if both are so inactive? (Legit question I just joined PnR which had room at the time I asked)

We have around 10-15 active 50s and like 5-7 that frequently comes to forever wars.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
SFD only has around 10 active players with level 50 characters, but we don't fail guild missions. Pick your poison I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Except we're separate guilds so sounding the horn of goondor when ganked only summons half those numbers, which are already less than you're implying because at any given time maybe half of each roster half are actives (being generous there), maybe two thirds of those have pvp-fit characters, maybe half of those are online if you're lucky, and maybe a third of THOSE have any inclination. So you've got a small pool made even smaller by the guild schism, which makes PvP a totally valid roadblock to grinding.

I love PvP, and I do think that people complaining about PvP in a game where it is literally the only reason to grind good gear in the first place are dumb. But please base your shitposting on reality.

I mean it's pretty easy to ask someone like HyC if parks wants to fight considering half the time we are warred against the same people

Being pvp-ready is nothing but a lovely excuse, no matter your level your CCs work just the same as the most geared played on the server, so CC people while the geared players kill them. In all the battles we fight, there are poo poo geared and low level players who even though I can one-shot them, they can still help with CC chains. Respawns are close enough to get you back to the action with relative ease

And considering guild protection exists, no PvP is not a valid roadblock to anything, but if people had the inclination to help as you so helpfully point out, it would not be a problem