Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

lovely troll with lovely opinions. Gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
why do you numpties even loving respond

Also here is the best '94 Camry in all existence

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

keykey posted:

Hackers; terrible, awesome, or terribly awesome? Inquiring minds want to know.

Terribly awesome, cheesy as hell and very much of the era. Also one of the better film soundtracks that was a snapshot of some of the finest UK artists of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-hSgL1R74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih2gxLqR7HM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feWNvGpWHLM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L16lITl6o4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tnFDuHNEUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epgo8ixX6Wo

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Welp, looks like I'm headed to Vegas next week for some nerd training. Any good food/show suggestions?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Sometimes people like things you don't like.

Sometimes people don't like things you like.

This is part of what makes us who we are, and that's okay.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

kastein posted:

Looks to me like the best any year Camry in existence.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Went to a car show yesterday, there was some pretty cool stuff kicking around the exhibition halls and outside. Thought you guys might be interested: http://i.imgur.com/WPLC4Rp.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness of some images, my camera's autofocus is poo poo and I was having too much fun to check if each photo had taken correctly :)

Some highlights:

Apparently this is a 3-axle Citroen CX used for filmmaking since the setup was so smooth and solid

Best Beetle I've ever seen in person

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Also here is the best 94 Camry in all existence

fixe..

drat beaten already

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

88h88 posted:

I feel we need to get corn's opinion on Fury Road.

I love Fury Road. LOVE IT. I'm not a monster.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

:agreed:

too bad this blog has been abandoned, would be a good submission

http://thetancamry.tumblr.com/

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

:agreed:

too bad this blog has been abandoned, would be a good submission

http://thetancamry.tumblr.com/

I read the url as thetan camry and I thought I was going to read some wacky scientology gold.. I was sorely disappointed, dang. :(

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Grakkus posted:

Apparently this is a 3-axle Citroen CX used for filmmaking since the setup was so smooth and solid

The hydropneumatic suspension Citroens are actually kinda infamous as camera cars due to their ability to soak up imperfections.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

keykey posted:

Welp, looks like I'm headed to Vegas next week for some nerd training. Any good food/show suggestions?

Beijing Noodle No. 9 at Caesars Palace is loving amazing and not stupidly overpriced like everything else in Vegas.

I have heard good things about Oscar's steak house in the plaza hotel on Fremont street, haven't been there but I am planning on trying it when we go down for punk rock bowling in a couple weeks. Staying at the Golden Nugget, which I believe is where the bands are staying, so it should be some fun.

I really hate Vegas, but Fremont street is much more bearable for me than being on the strip. Definitely go check it out if you haven't been, not nearly as fancy as the strip, but way more fun as far as I am concerned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are 2000 era Mazda MPV's poo poo?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

LloydDobler posted:

On the topic of speed limits, in March I road tripped from Colorado through Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Oregon and all the rural interstates were 80 mph speed limits, except Oregon which was 75. I set my cruise at 2-3 mph over and I was passing people like a madman. There were a few radar speed signs that confirmed my speedo is correct so it was interesting that a majority of people don't even want to do 80. My car feels like it wants to cruise at 80 so it was an amazing trip. I never once had someone run up in my rearview going faster than me, except in Metro areas.

And I'm gonna do it again next weekend.

Last time I went to Austin, I had the cruise set at 80-85 for the majority of the drive, with the ac on. Speed limit was 80 on much of the drive, and 65-70 for the rest.

I filled up when I left Dallas, and filled up almost a week later when I was leaving Austin - 33.3 mpg (including driving a bit around Austin for a couple of days, though I mostly walked or used Lyft while I was there). It's rated 23 city/26 combined/32 highway, so 33 looks pretty drat good. Especially at 80 with the ac running. Makes me wonder what it would have been had I filled up immediately after getting off the highway instead of 5 or 6 days later.

Negromancer posted:

punk rock bowling

I need to know what this is and why I'm not a part of it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Are 2000 era Mazda MPV's poo poo?
Drummer for the band has had his 2002 MPV for a while, over 230k miles on it. Takes it on cross-country trips with his wife and two kids The engine got rebuilt at some point, it's in desperate need of a brake job and alignment, but seems good otherwise.

some texas redneck posted:

Keep the change, ya filthy animal.

From what my buddies have told me, it's a must-go kinda thing if you're into punk and not a dopey, excitable nerd who doesn't like crowds (i.e. me).

scuz fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 16, 2016

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Note to self... hotels may be wired with HDMI. Damnit. I even brought a controller and everything, which I haven't been really able to use before. I'll have to see if someone has one hanging out at the office.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
:siren: ATTN: All Ubiquiti users :siren:

Upgrade your firmware immediately, I'll be doing so upon arrival home.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

some texas redneck posted:

From their website

Punk Rock Bowling posted:

Punk Rock Bowling & Music Festival was started back in 1999 by brothers Shawn and Mark Stern, owners of the long standing independent record label BYO Records, as a way to bring the independent music community together for an annual party. It has since grown into a 4-day festival in downtown Las Vegas that brings out fans and bands alike from all over the world. 3 days of outdoor festivals, 4 Nights of Club Shows, a 2-day bowling tournament, Hotel Pool Parties, a Punk Rock Poker tournament, movie screenings and comedy shows to boot, all wrapped up into one amazing weekend in the city that never sleeps. And now, we welcome our fans, friends and family to our first trip east, to Asbury Park as well, in 2016.

I am still pissed that we missed it last year, Rancid played and out come the wolves in its entirety, and dropkick murphys played as well. I am mostly pumped to see Flogging Molly, but the wife is super excited to see some of the other bands playing. These are all the groups that we listened to in highschool when we first met, so its gonna be interesting.

scuz posted:

Keep the change, ya filthy animal.

From what my buddies have told me, it's a must-go kinda thing if you're into punk and not a dopey, excitable nerd who doesn't like crowds (i.e. me).

This is pretty much what I have heard. I am not a huge fan of crowds, but from what I have heard is that it is a bit more sedate than what you would expect, seeing as most of the people who go are on the older side. I am still pissed I missed out on getting VIP tickets, but I might have to go check out stubhub and poo poo to see if I can get some.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Scored a "broken" garden shredder on ebay for a fiver. All that was wrong was a blown fuse, and the guy had reversed the connections on the switch while trying to fix it so it was shorted out. Seems to work just fine, and still has the £110 shop sticker on it.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
4 stroke fuel injected Yamaha 90 hp outboard motor that hasn't been cranked in at 3 years. Plan of action is to:
1. Pull the lower unit, lube everything up
2. Change oil
3. Replace the water pump
4. Pull the tanks, clean them out, replace fuel lines
5. Pull the plugs, put some TCW-3 oil in the cylinders, try and rotate the fly wheel after a day or two.
6. New plugs
7. Check all wiring
8. New fuel lines plus filter(s)
9. New fuel injectors
10. Pray to the outboard motor gods?

Am I missing anything?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Scored a "broken" garden shredder on ebay for a fiver. All that was wrong was a blown fuse, and the guy had reversed the connections on the switch while trying to fix it so it was shorted out. Seems to work just fine, and still has the £110 shop sticker on it.

I once got a popcorn hour for $30. Went home, changed the fuse, good as new. Sold the spare PSU it came with for $25. Turns out a new PSU does very little when the fuse is embedded in the female mains plug in the chassis.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A friend of mine is in a goofy band called Confused Boner. They primarily play dive bars and parties, pretty much playing to have fun, not for popularity or anything. Well they've been labeled as Trans-phobic by a LBGT rights chapter here in town and are now being witch hunted because of the stupid name they chose for the band. They played a show on Saturday night and someone walked up to the stage with a glass and splashed it on them. It turned out to not be beer but piss instead.

People are silly.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

bolind posted:

I once got a popcorn hour for $30. Went home, changed the fuse, good as new. Sold the spare PSU it came with for $25. Turns out a new PSU does very little when the fuse is embedded in the female mains plug in the chassis.
What's a popcorn hour?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

A friend of mine is in a goofy band called Confused Boner. They primarily play dive bars and parties, pretty much playing to have fun, not for popularity or anything. Well they've been labeled as Trans-phobic by a LBGT rights chapter here in town and are now being witch hunted because of the stupid name they chose for the band. They played a show on Saturday night and someone walked up to the stage with a glass and splashed it on them. It turned out to not be beer but piss instead.

People are silly.
Do they have hateful lyrics with song titles like "your privates are my business" or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

scuz posted:

Do they have hateful lyrics with song titles like "your privates are my business" or something?

Nope, entirely covers.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Nope, entirely covers.
Like, Skrewdriver covers? :ohdear:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

What's a popcorn hour?

It's kinda like a very early Apple TV/XBMC. Networked Media Tank I think they called them. I think mine was the C200 or C300. It was pretty cool for its time.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Tide posted:

4 stroke fuel injected Yamaha 90 hp outboard motor that hasn't been cranked in at 3 years. Plan of action is to:
2. Change oil
5. Pull the plugs, put some TCW-3 oil in the cylinders, try and rotate the fly wheel after a day or two.
6. New plugs
7. Check all wiring
9. New fuel injectors

Am I missing anything?

Has it been run in salt?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

trouser chili posted:

Has it been run in salt?

Yeah, I'm sure it has. For whatever it matters, the engine has about 50 hrs on it. It's an 18' center console. It's basically impossible to buy a boat here on the coast that hasn't been in at least brackish water; which is for the sake of argument salt water.

Tide fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 16, 2016

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Negromancer posted:

Beijing Noodle No. 9 at Caesars Palace is loving amazing and not stupidly overpriced like everything else in Vegas.

I have heard good things about Oscar's steak house in the plaza hotel on Fremont street, haven't been there but I am planning on trying it when we go down for punk rock bowling in a couple weeks. Staying at the Golden Nugget, which I believe is where the bands are staying, so it should be some fun.

I really hate Vegas, but Fremont street is much more bearable for me than being on the strip. Definitely go check it out if you haven't been, not nearly as fancy as the strip, but way more fun as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the tips!

Rhyno posted:

Nope, entirely covers.

Social justice warriors are awesome. :allears:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Tide posted:

2. Change oil
6. New plugs
7. Check all wiring
9. New fuel injectors

Am I missing anything?

Do number 10 first and then between all other steps as well.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Good luck, you're more thorough than I was resurrecting the Honda 130 on my great-uncle's Boston Whaler, similarly it was regularly run in saltwater down Marco Island way. Before he passed away it become too difficult for him to flush after use. Then it sat for 2.5 years while everything sat in legal limbo. I did a lot of what you are describing, but didn't do the waterpump, lube the lower end, or fiddle with the tanks (other than draining and refilling). It ate the waterpump pretty quickly, within a couple months. About a year later it ate the headgasket and filled the crankcase with seawater. The only usable parts left were the lower end and prop. The motor died with ~300 hours on it. Now it's got a $15,000 Honda 150 and gets flushed every time.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That's a really glass-half-empty way of looking at the phrase "confused boner" since it could also mean someone discovering their latent homosexuality. :3:

edit: glass-half-empty is what I meant to say.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 16, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've never even though of it as a trans thing, it's always been a latent gay thing hadn't it?

They should have a sit down with that group and also charge the piss thrower

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Tide posted:

2. Change oil
6. New plugs
7. Check all wiring
9. New fuel injectors

Am I missing anything?

That's pretty thorough, and farther than I'd go. Definitely do the lower unit, and if it saw ethanol gasoline, the fuel pump and filter will need to be done. Injectors will probably be OK, though. Definitely plugs and maybe check coil resistance, too.

Be careful putting the lower unit back in. I wasn't last week after doing a water pump and seals on my Johnson 90. Managed to hit the shift rod on the bottom of the block and it broke the shift pivot way down back at the wrong end of the propeller shaft.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Piss thrower got away, nobody stopped them. They threw the contents of the glass and left quickly.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

trouser chili posted:

Good luck, you're more thorough than I was resurrecting the Honda 130 on my great-uncle's Boston Whaler, similarly it was regularly run in saltwater down Marco Island way. Before he passed away it become too difficult for him to flush after use. Then it sat for 2.5 years while everything sat in legal limbo. I did a lot of what you are describing, but didn't do the water pump, lube the lower end, or fiddle with the tanks (other than draining and refilling). It ate the water pump pretty quickly, within a couple months. About a year later it ate the head gasket and filled the crankcase with seawater. The only usable parts left were the lower end and prop. The motor died with ~300 hours on it. Now it's got a $15,000 Honda 150 and gets flushed every time.

Well...

There's a boat I'm looking at that has sat for 3 years. I've mentioned to him about me buying it and he's finally entertaining the idea of it. I'm going over tonight with a high powered flashlight, a boroscope, and going from bow to stern. It's been covered, but still. There's no telling what horrors await in terms of animals chewing on wiring, etc. 2005 18' SeaPro with a 2005 Yamaha 90 HP 4 stroke.

So, who knows. I may throw down about three thousand in cash on the deck and see what he says.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Tusen Takk posted:

I've never even though of it as a trans thing, it's always been a latent gay thing hadn't it?

They should have a sit down with that group and also charge the piss thrower

Pretty much. I DON'T LIKE YOUR NAME! *assault* ALSO, WE'RE SUPER OPEN MINDED UNLESS YOU DISAGREE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

only in indiana are the liberals as terrible as the conservatives

• Locked thread