Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
"Don't Do Me Like That"?! That was my favorite Tom Petty song I requested a looooong time ago. I am glad they are finally putting it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Alakaiser posted:

Yeah that's not happening.

So what exactly needed to be patched in then? Was the game not listening to the second pedal port?

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
That's what MCZRich said on /r/RockBand a while back. That the hardware was functional but the game wasn't recognizing the signal.
I know that RB4 controllers send different signals than all prior RB controllers, but it stands to reason that each pedal sends a distinct signal since in all prior RB and GH drumsets each pedal identified as a different button when activated.

So I think it's a case of not listening for that particular input.

Which brings me back to my original comment on this back when the game released - why not include it? On my Rok Drummer program, it literally is one more line of code to make both pedals work vs just the right pedal. So I have a hard time understanding why it took them so long to integrate.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

TrojanNemo posted:

Which brings me back to my original comment on this back when the game released - why not include it? On my Rok Drummer program, it literally is one more line of code to make both pedals work vs just the right pedal. So I have a hard time understanding why it took them so long to integrate.

Unless they plan on doing fancy left foot/right foot notation in the future for double bass, there's no reason they couldn't be sending the same signal and need no extra code.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think I've asked this before but can't find where/if it got answered. Any customs guys have any experience tracking down the MTV edition of Rock Band 3? I'd love to have a backup. Can I go into a Gamestop and explain what I'm looking for and get them to flip through their stacks or do I just have to troll ebay/craigslist for pictures from people sellling.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Orgophlax posted:

Unless they plan on doing fancy left foot/right foot notation in the future for double bass, there's no reason they couldn't be sending the same signal and need no extra code.

But that's the problem. The hardware works by sending two different signals. That's how it's been since RB1 and GH WT or whatever the first GH game to have double pedal. It's embedded in the hardware, software can only choose to listen for that signal or not. So all HMX had to do (presumably) is listen for pedal 1 and pedal 2 as opposed to only listening for pedal 1. That's it. Which like I said, was one more like of code for me.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This may be worth keeping an eye on for people who enjoy their customs and are increasingly terrified of their 360 / MTV copy of RB3 dying: http://xenia.jp/

(I hope this doesn't count as :filez: ... They aren't hosting any BIOS dumps or ISOs or anything, but yell out if people think it shouldn't be linked to from here and I'll delete this)

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

The Rabbi T. White posted:

This may be worth keeping an eye on for people who enjoy their customs and are increasingly terrified of their 360 / MTV copy of RB3 dying: http://xenia.jp/

(I hope this doesn't count as :filez: ... They aren't hosting any BIOS dumps or ISOs or anything, but yell out if people think it shouldn't be linked to from here and I'll delete this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWIE2qObI4

Yeah I don't think this counts as an immediate concern. Maybe in like... 5-10 years.

(Video spoiler: there's no sound and it doesn't work past the menus.)

People have had way better luck so far just mimicking the basic engine functionality and going from there.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Gaspar Lewis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWIE2qObI4

Yeah I don't think this counts as an immediate concern. Maybe in like... 5-10 years.

(Video spoiler: there's no sound and it doesn't work past the menus.)

People have had way better luck so far just mimicking the basic engine functionality and going from there.

Yeah, they're a long way off getting things working for most anything (and I'm pretty sure RB will be one of the toughest things to get working correctly, with the audio syncing), but it's probably worth ripping an ISO of your disc while it is still viable for a glorious future. :)

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

The Rock Band 2 export is available on the US PSN store:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/rock-band-2-export-pack/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-RBRB2EXPOCCF0002

All downloaded and installed here, though we won't have a chance to play until later tonight.

I hadn't seen it mentioned here, so I thought I would.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

atholbrose posted:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/rock-band-2-export-pack/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-RBRB2EXPOCCF0002

All downloaded and installed here, though we won't have a chance to play until later tonight.

Thanks! Just downloaded them all. Weirdly doesn't show up in the Exports menu in the actual game, but this link worked fine.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/732209028286160896

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmxTHuZIayo

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
More excited than I should be for Breakfast At Tiffany's.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Same here. One of those iconic '90s one-hit wonders. I can't buy it fast enough.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shoulda gone with just Breakfast at Tiffany's this week. So it'd be...

the one thing we got :haw:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Spoeank posted:

Shoulda gone with just Breakfast at Tiffany's this week. So it'd be...

the one thing we got :haw:

Pyroxene Stigma beat you by a whole page.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

atholbrose posted:

It's been up for a few days, oddly they released it with little fanfare

You probably know this but Lego rock band export was also released 2 weeks ago; it also doesn't appear in the in-game export list but is available via a purchase link and push-download on the PlayStation store

Still holding out for the metal track pack...

E: forgot to mention, for reasons harmonix hasn't commented upon livin on a prayer is the only rb2 song that won't export to ps4 and will be released and need to be downloaded separately. Which is pretty much the only song I play so looks like it's further months of disappointment and frustration for me

Serrath fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 17, 2016

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Still waiting for the RB1 export in Europe PS4. My instruments are so dusty.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Dimebag posted:

Still waiting for the RB1 export in Europe PS4. My instruments are so dusty.

Hindsight sucks :( if it was 4 years ago I would have advised you to create a US psn account; I live in Australia but all my North American songs have sync'd fine

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Serrath posted:

E: forgot to mention, for reasons harmonix hasn't commented upon livin on a prayer is the only rb2 song that won't export to ps4 and will be released and need to be downloaded separately. Which is pretty much the only song I play so looks like it's further months of disappointment and frustration for me

If you want to play it now you can also go buy it from the store, it was re-released as DLC during RB3. (which is also probably why it has licensing issues)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
RB4 Pro Cymbals are $30 on Amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Pro-Cymbals-Expansion-xbox-one/dp/B016HQZDCA

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
The AC/DC export, The Doors pack, and most of the 20 free songs that came with RB2 (everything except "No Regrets") are available on the Xbox One now, although you have to get AC/DC and the free songs through the Manage Game screen.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Also a few other busted packs like the RB3 preorders, Snoop, Country Pack 1, Roadrunner, MTV2, and prolly others have been fixed.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Are you guys able to get that stuff? I have been trying since last night when Criss first announced this on the subreddit, and it still asks me to pay for all of it. I've hard reset the system. I've tried the marketplace search. I've tried the in-game shop. I've tried the manage game screen. I got nothing on any of it. :(

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
All that stuff is still showing up as unpurchased for me. I'm really sick of this.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Nothing on my end as well on Xbone.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Having downloaded it myself a couple of hours ago, I can say for myself that the downloads didn't initially show up in the Install All section for me the first time I went into Manage Game, after which I looked up one of the tracks in the store proper to verify for myself that I had the entitlement and the let the DLC list in Manage Game propogate a bit, at which point the Install All list showed up fine. I can't say for sure which of those things triggered it working, but it might be worth trying both if you're having issues.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, mine didn't show up at first, but then I did a hard reboot and let it sit for an hour or so and like half of them appeared under manage game.
The rest I had to go into the in game store and download manually, but they showed up as purchased.

bigpolar
Jun 19, 2003

My rock band 2 cymbals are still working with my rock band 4 drums. Is there any reason to buy the new set?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Trash Boat posted:

Having downloaded it myself a couple of hours ago, I can say for myself that the downloads didn't initially show up in the Install All section for me the first time I went into Manage Game, after which I looked up one of the tracks in the store proper to verify for myself that I had the entitlement and the let the DLC list in Manage Game propogate a bit, at which point the Install All list showed up fine. I can't say for sure which of those things triggered it working, but it might be worth trying both if you're having issues.

Kaboobi posted:

Yeah, mine didn't show up at first, but then I did a hard reboot and let it sit for an hour or so and like half of them appeared under manage game.
The rest I had to go into the in game store and download manually, but they showed up as purchased.

Dreyvas posted:

Nothing on my end as well on Xbone.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

All that stuff is still showing up as unpurchased for me. I'm really sick of this.

OK so RB4 has been out for almost a year now (Oct 2015) and stuff like this is still happening. Is it really the game, or the Xbox One, or the Xbox marketplace causing all this grief? It's ridiculous.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Merijn posted:

OK so RB4 has been out for almost a year now (Oct 2015) and stuff like this is still happening. Is it really the game, or the Xbox One, or the Xbox marketplace causing all this grief? It's ridiculous.

Try being a Sony Europe user, we are still waiting for RB1, RB2, Lego, ACDC and Green Day. It took 2 months after release to have a smidgen of legacy DLC, at this stage I think we are still at about 70% of the legacy DLC you have.

If you ask about this issue the hive mind of Harmonix forums blames SCEE but Harmonix claims that they have submitted stuff 4 or 5 times. At this stage you have to think it cannot be SCEE alone and the blame needs to be shared. It's the reason I even bought RB4 because I was supposed to have access to legacy exports.

Dimebag fucked around with this message at 10:51 on May 19, 2016

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Merijn posted:

I'm pretty sure it's almost entirely the Microsoft and Sony services. Harmonix has (most of) the songs ready to go but it's up to MS/Sony to actually make them available to people that owned legacy content.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Also, time moves fast enough as is. Let's not go rounding up 7 months and calling that almost a year.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

I haven't had the chance to play drums too often in RB4, but today I noticed the reason my combos keep dropping is that pretty much any combination of a pad + cymbal hit results in a kick being played some of the time as well. RB2 kit, RB2/3 cymbals, Xbox One compatibility adapter. Everything still works great in RB3. Is it a bad compatibility adapter, or does this thing just have some interference issues?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I just came to post about a similar problem and it's driving me crazy. Cymbal plus pad hits are making me drop my combo. I know it's not the drums because I can play non-pro and keep the combo going perfectly. If I start adding cymbal hits, particularly yellow, I start dropping the combo again. I've got two RB2 drum sets and two RB3 cymbal sets and have tried them in various combinations but can't seem to fix the issue.

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

DancinBrud posted:

I just came to post about a similar problem and it's driving me crazy. Cymbal plus pad hits are making me drop my combo. I know it's not the drums because I can play non-pro and keep the combo going perfectly. If I start adding cymbal hits, particularly yellow, I start dropping the combo again. I've got two RB2 drum sets and two RB3 cymbal sets and have tried them in various combinations but can't seem to fix the issue.

Its a known bug with the current update.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Thank you! I didn't even consider that it could be a software issue given how many of my instruments have crapped out over the years.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Gin Blossoms DLC coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaEy894oHHg

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hey Jealousy might end up being the straw that breaks this camel's back in regards to finally buckling down and purchasing rock band 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

After Follow You Down, I guess it was only a matter of time until Hey Jealousy got in the game