Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
All the bad United players get injured vs Bournemouth and then England wins the Euros over Iceland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Anyone saying Wilshere should be anywhere near the squad is to be frank a loving idiot, hes played one game of football all season, has got progressively shitter year after year because he peaked when he was 19 and has been embarrassing himself ever since. Hes a scummy entitled prick who has fluked his way into the position hes in and if he played for a real football team he would be warming the physio table for a lower half team and we'd thankfully never have to his name or say his terrible performances again

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

I don't think that many people have done this and I don't think Hodgson is dumb enough to make that decision either.

There have been multiple such offenses in this very thread

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Uhhh, I'll go for:

code:
               Hart

Clyne Stones Smalling Rose

Drinkwater

Alli         Lallana

Rooney        

Vardy       Kane
It's surprising hard to get a team that works well from that squad. Rooney's sort of in there reluctantly as the #10 because I don't think three strikers would ever work and . I don't think there's an 11 that doesn't require someone poo poo in there to make it work.

The England midfield is pretty underwhelming when you look at how many of them were lauded as incredible prospects when they were slightly younger.

Wilshere, Delph, never in a million years.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Delph is really good but City play a moribund style and are all overpaid frozen twix bar wastemen. He could do a job

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

African AIDS cum posted:

frozen twix bar wastemen

That's Giroud.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
is Germany going to win?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hoops posted:

look at how many of them were lauded as incredible prospects when they were slightly younger.

This is Roy's entire selection process.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Foehammer007 posted:

is Germany going to win?

they always do

although one time it was funny

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Did big andy crock himself on the last day of the season, because let me tell you I am going chimp out big time if rashford and sturridge are going ahead of him

he's been fit for a surprising amount of time now and is first choice on form (for west ham not england obviously)

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

TelekineticBear! posted:

Anyone saying Wilshere should be anywhere near the squad is to be frank a loving idiot, hes played one game of football all season, has got progressively shitter year after year because he peaked when he was 19 and has been embarrassing himself ever since. Hes a scummy entitled prick who has fluked his way into the position hes in and if he played for a real football team he would be warming the physio table for a lower half team and we'd thankfully never have to his name or say his terrible performances again

Ffs, he plays well for England you prick. Such a twat. Ffs man, just ffs.

Milner for Wilshere then you bitch-rear end.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
dier, drinkwater and alli is a good midfield

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jose posted:

Vardy Kane Sturridge across the top phwoar

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Shrapnig posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. There's no way England are winning anything.

poor show imo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sebzilla posted:

it lacks width but seeing as how its all long balls to vardy/sturridge who cares. walker and rose aren't the full backs you want for it though

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
wilshere is good

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Wilshere is great when he's not a broken mess. Would have him over Henderson and Milner any day of the week
Lmao

I miss "Pretty Big" Jonny Evans.

Xabi fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 16, 2016

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Jose posted:

it lacks width but seeing as how its all long balls to vardy/sturridge who cares. walker and rose aren't the full backs you want for it though

Uh from my experience teams that aren't long but have above average width are doing well for themselves

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Xabi posted:

Lmao

I miss "Pretty Big" Jonny Evans.

wilshere hasnt even been average for like 3 years all the hops must rot their brains. very sad

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bea Nanner posted:

wilshere is good

for a clown team to play

at the league cup

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
If Dier isn't in your starting eleven then you're a loving clown.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

for a clown team to play

at the league cup

which is why he fits so well into the england squad

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Jose posted:

sebzilla posted:

This is exactly what england should do so obviously they won't

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
rooney and carrick right??

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

i think we'll lose to wales and draw the other two and then maybe get a 3rd place qualifier? idk.

hodgeson is a garbageman and the fact he is still manager after coming bottom the last world cup group is proof no one does or should care about the england team anymore.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
100% qualifying record :smug:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Raffles posted:

i think we'll lose to wales and draw the other two and then maybe get a 3rd place qualifier? idk.

hodgeson is a garbageman and the fact he is still manager after coming bottom the last world cup group is proof no one does or should care about the england team anymore.

Actual lol at anyone thinking England won't win this group with at least seven points.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

britishbornandbread posted:

Actual lol at anyone thinking England won't win this group with at least seven points.

yeah i expect our deep squad of world beating players, who are proven at this level, along with our inspiring manager with a track record of victory will lead to glory this summer

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Sorry yeah I forgot we were up against the footballing power houses of Wales, Russia and Slovakia.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Jack Wilshere got turned inside out by half of Wales u18s a few weeks ago.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

E
A
S
Y

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sorry yeah I forgot we were up against the footballing power houses of Wales, Russia and Slovakia.

These teams are all pretty decent tbh.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Slovakia
Росси́я
England
Wales

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
this is rooney's year watch

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

sassassin posted:

Jack Wilshere got turned inside out by half of Wales u18s a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to see Vardy and Kane absolutely clown that shithouse fraud Williams so much he cries like a lil b*tch

Don't sign your posts.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

blue footed boobie posted:

These teams are all pretty decent tbh.

Slovakia have a defender who is so poo poo he can't dislodge Kolo loving Toure from a team with European aspirations. Russia are a spent force, years of Capello mismanagement. Wales have the most expensive player in the world playing the best football of his life at Real Madrid, and Joe Allen.

It's coming home.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Can't wait to see Scotland playing friendlies against loving India or something over the summer whilst Northern Ireland play the world champions in an actual competitive tournament.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hoops posted:

Can't wait to see Scotland playing friendlies against loving India or something over the summer whilst Northern Ireland play the world champions in an actual competitive tournament.

I hope an Indian man hurts Scott Brown

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

TelekineticBear! posted:

hard to argue with any of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Can't wait to see Vardy and Kane absolutely clown that shithouse fraud Williams so much he cries like a lil b*tch

Ashley Williams ended Vardy's goalscoring run. Kane wet himself so badly defending a corner from big Ash that he sliced it into his own net.

Rooney is unironically England's only hope.

• Locked thread