Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

blastron posted:

What was the name of that one where the NEET, his dog, and his entire house got sucked into an alternate world, but he still had utilities and Internet access so he documented his journey on 2ch? I kinda liked that one, but forgot entirely about it until just now.

That'd be When I was going out from my house to stop being a Hiki-NEET for 10 years, I was transported to another world. which is kind of fun. Mostly because of the 2chan mock posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

jon joe posted:

Wow.

Okay. I'm going to write something now, titled (A fantasy world, but I have access to forums.somethingawful.com. Gooning over RPG elements for world take-over!)

it's nothing but posting E/N threads about how lovely and backwards culturally the place is

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

That one is also fun because the protagonist's dog is the real hero

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

it's nothing but posting E/N threads about how lovely and backwards culturally the place is

Don't forget the D&D threads where everyone tries to work out how he can implement Really True This Time, We Swear Communism.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jon joe posted:

Wow.

Okay. I'm going to write something now, titled (A fantasy world, but I have access to forums.somethingawful.com. Gooning over RPG elements for world take-over!)

Replace SA with 2chan and that would probably unironically become popular.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Meng Hao tries honest work. Is disappointed.

"This doesn’t compare at all to conning people.”

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

Fleve posted:

Meng Hao tries honest work. Is disappointed.

"This doesn’t compare at all to conning people.”

To be fair, he comes from a long line of con-men and was raised by the conning patriarch of conland. Always best to go with your strengths.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Ehhh, but "Fang Mu goes to weed wizard college" was pretty great

In retrospect, though he didn't outright steal anyone's poo poo there and the change of pace made it one of my personal favorite segments, he's still conning the literal entire sect just by chilling there under an assumed name while they're all out for blood looking for him

booksnake fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 14, 2016

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

booksnake posted:

Ehhh, but "Fang Mu goes to weed wizard college" was pretty great

In retrospect, though he didn't outright steal anyone's poo poo there and the change of pace made it one of my personal favorite segments, he's still conning the literal entire sect just by chilling there under an assumed name while they're all out for blood looking for him

He also stole the innate alchemy ability from a poisonous plant that he was inflicted with when conning people to deal with his angry conturtle. It all comes down to cons!

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

FriggenJ posted:

He also stole the innate alchemy ability from a poisonous plant that he was inflicted with when conning people to deal with his angry conturtle. It all comes down to cons!

It's cons all the way down.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

rizzen posted:

It's cons all the way down.

Although given that the series ran for a bit over 1600 chapters, it's also a lot of prose.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well hello there: http://www.novelupdates.com/stag/skeletons/

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

"My Entire Class Has Been Reincarnated – I Became the Weakest Skeleton!"

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

jon joe posted:

"My Entire Class Has Been Reincarnated – I Became the Weakest Skeleton!"

That sounds interesting, i love me the Monster POV novels. Been waiting for ages for more kumoko updates :(

So, hows this one?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dont care about the individual titles, just the existence of a skeleton tag.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

Captain_duck posted:

That sounds interesting, i love me the Monster POV novels. Been waiting for ages for more kumoko updates :(

So, hows this one?

Absolutely terrible. Even if the translation were... better you can't get blood from a stone and the source material is trash.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

FriggenJ posted:

Absolutely terrible. Even if the translation were... better you can't get blood from a stone and the source material is trash.

Good to know, i'll avoid.

Any other good monster POV novels then? I've read kumoko, Slime and overlord.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Captain_duck posted:

Good to know, i'll avoid.

Any other good monster POV novels then? I've read kumoko, Slime and overlord.

The Temeraire series? :v:

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I wonder if Meng Hao is ever going to actually ask about why Demon Hearts are so valuable, or if he's just going to convert them to spirit stones without a second thought.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Serious Frolicking posted:

i dont care about the individual titles, just the existence of a skeleton tag.

Too bad the selection is really bare bones.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

blastron posted:

I wonder if Meng Hao is ever going to actually ask about why Demon Hearts are so valuable, or if he's just going to convert them to spirit stones without a second thought.

going to find out their use after he sells them off, then con the three saints cities out of all their demon hearts

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Can't he already generate near infinite hearts with the mirror because they're 1:1 with spirit stones and people will pay more than 1:1

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dipple posted:

Can't he already generate near infinite hearts with the mirror because they're 1:1 with spirit stones and people will pay more than 1:1

The mirror can use them as spirit stones, but it is unclear if it can reproduce them with spirit stones.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

The mirror can use them as spirit stones, but it is unclear if it can reproduce them with spirit stones.

Wait, this makes me thing of something: what would happen if he tried to duplicate spirit stones?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Sandman posted:

Wait, this makes me thing of something: what would happen if he tried to duplicate spirit stones?

space would collapse and he would end up on the life fiber planet

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Divine technique: Judgement gun morphing!

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

The Sandman posted:

Event horizon.

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013

The Sandman posted:

Thats like dividing by zero

Imminent destruction of the universe

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Presented without commentary:

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/ti-index/

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dead Space.

Dead Space?

Deadspace!

If there aren't Aliens references and Event Horizon quotes count me out.

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013

I literally binge read all of TI up to date in 2 days, it's pretty good but starts using a few cliches. Would recommend

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Just finished reading Vertical's release of Kizumonogatari. It was pretty good.

So is The Devil Is A Part-Timer, which I'm reading volume 4 of now.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

I actually like Terror Infinity. It's super cheesy, but it's fun to see western movies represented through a Chinese lens.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I actually laughed out loud a couple of times during this double release of ISSTH. Story has really been on a roll recently.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Terror Infinity is kinda hilariously ridiculous with the bad science. But it's still a fun read.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000
Man, I'm glad Muscle Wizards don't go around cheating poor mortals all the time in ISSTH. They're all kind of jerks.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

FriggenJ posted:

Man, I'm glad Muscle Wizards don't go around cheating poor mortals all the time in ISSTH. They're all kind of jerks.

Obviously you don't cheat poor mortals; they have nothing to steal. You cheat rich ones instead.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

At this point I'm wondering why it isn't called "I Shall Con The Heavens", because lets be real he's going to.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The wang patriarch should know by now he doesn't have a chance. Meng Hao is very rich, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

The wang patriarch should know by now he doesn't have a chance. Meng Hao is very rich, you see.

He's so loving rich. loving richy rich of richy rich and the immoral bunch. Meng Hao could afford to poo poo-post on SA for all eternity. But he'd probably just scam Lowtax out of all his money.

Meng Hao is SO rich, the sun orbits around his pile of spirit stones.

:20bux::10bux:

What I'm saying is, he has a lot of money.

• Locked thread