Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Christ Batman is an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Going to post the DC solicits for August.

This one caught my eye the most

Solicits posted:

ALL-STAR BATMAN #1
Written by SCOTT SNYDER • Art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR., DANNY MIKI and DECLAN SHALVEY • Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI • Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI Variant cover by JOCK • Variant cover by DECLAN SHALVEY • Blank variant cover
Retailers: This issue will ship with five covers. Please see the order form for details.
“My Own Worst Enemy” part one! Superstar writer Scott Snyder explodes into an all-new Batman series alongside legendary artist John Romita Jr., reimagining some of the Dark Knight’s greatest villains. First up: Two-Face! Batman must take Two-Face to a destination out of Gotham City, but the duplicitous villain has a two of spades up his sleeve. Every assassin, bounty hunter and ordinary citizen with something to hide is on their tails with one goal: kill Batman! Handcuffed together on the road to hell, this is Batman and Two-Face as you’ve never seen them before!
On sale AUGUST 10 • 40 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno about doing a Doomsday story to start with, but got drat is this a cover!

this too

That's good Soup.

Also, Dr Fate is STILL going!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 16, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Madkal posted:

Tim is confirmed as being Batman Beyond, interesting.

Also

quote:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #1
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL • Art by DEXTER SOY • Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH • Variant cover by MATTEO SCALERA
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“Dark Trinity” part one! When a turf war puts Black Mask in Red Hood’s crosshairs, Jason discovers that the False Face Society is not what it seems, and that the organization is about to auction off a powerful weapon. As criminals from all over the globe descend on Gotham City, Jason must prove that he belongs amongst the city’s worst in order to gain access to this Dark Summit!
On sale AUGUST 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

:black101:

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Madkal posted:

This is the one that Snyder said was going to be his Long Halloween? I wonder if he meant that facetiously.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It's rebirthing with Terry in October.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Has it been confirmed if All-Star Batman is taking place in it's own continuity or in the main DC continuity?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In continuity http://www.newsarama.com/29163-bruce-is-super-sexy-the-center-of-dcu-in-rebirth-batman-plus-preview.html

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Also

:black101:

Red Kissy mask fights off the Dreaded Purple Gimp Mask with the help of Soviet Red Sonya and Joe Fixit

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

With the number of times Black Mask and Red Hood have conflicted you might as well just called them arch enemies already.

Anyway if Jason starts murderin guys in Gotham Batman better do something about it.

To be honest however I hope Black Mask just puts their fued to rest and does this again with it actually sticking.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 17, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Has Artemis been in the new 52 at all? I don't remember her in Azz's run and I refuse to read Finch's WW issues.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Has Artemis been in the new 52 at all? I don't remember her in Azz's run and I refuse to read Finch's WW issues.

Artemis from Azz's WW
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis,_Goddess_of_the_Hunt_%28Prime_Earth%29

There was also this Artemis from two issues of Teen Titans, which I'm guessing is what Lobdell is using.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_%28Prime_Earth%29
She was apparently in an issue of Batman and Robin that I can't remember at all.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 17, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Artemis from Azz's WW
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis,_Goddess_of_the_Hunt_%28Prime_Earth%29

There was also an Artemis in Teen Titans, which I'm guessing is what Lobdell is using.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_%28Prime_Earth%29

Not the Goddess Artemis, Bana-Mighdall Artemis. Why the heck was she in Teen Titans?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Travis343 posted:

Not the Goddess Artemis, Bana-Mighdall Artemis. Why the heck was she in Teen Titans?

That is Artemis Crock the daughter of Sportmaster. (Pre Nu52 she was better known by her super villain name Tigress and was a couple with Icicle. ) She was a major character in the Young Justice animated series and Lobell's use of her in Titans was considered profoundly stupid. (He killed her off in her first appearance. Though according to that wiki thing she was brought back and has done nothing since.)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ok so Artemis the Amazon has not actually been seen since the reboot, then.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Three Artemis'? What do they thing this is? Superman?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Madkal posted:

This sounds a lil like the Batman and ______________ that came out after Damian died.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I just read the new Starfire trade and Atlee is back:dance: I really love how the only continuity Palmiotti and Conner gives a gently caress about is their own.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
DC has new logo

quote:

DC ENTERTAINMENT INTRODUCES NEW IDENTITY FOR DC BRAND

New Logo Design Celebrates DC Brand’s Past, Present and Future

Logo to Debut on May 25 Release of ‘DC Universe: Rebirth Special #1’ by Geoff Johns

BURBANK, CA, May 17, 2016 – DC Entertainment announced a new identity and logo for its iconic DC brand. The new DC logo is a mark that leverages over 80 years of heritage with an eye toward the future.

“While comics continue to be the heart and soul of DC, the brand has evolved to now stand for powerful storytelling across so many different forms of media. DC is home to the greatest Super Heroes and Super-Villains, and the new logo has the character and strength to stand proudly alongside DC’s iconic symbols,” stated Amit Desai, DC Entertainment Senior Vice President of Marketing and Global Franchise Management. “The launch of the new logo is the perfect tribute to DC’s legacy, exciting future and most importantly, our fans.”

The new logo will debut on the cover of the highly-anticipated DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH SPECIAL #1 comic book written by Geoff Johns releasing May 25 and available in comic book shops and digitally. REBIRTH represents the next chapter in the ongoing saga of the DC Universe, mixing traditional values and a modern aesthetic.

“I’m very proud that REBIRTH will be the first comic book published with the new DC logo.” stated Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment’s Chief Creative Officer. “To me, REBIRTH and the new DC logo are built on what’s come before while looking to what will come tomorrow. I can’t wait for people to see it on the cover.”

The new DC branding will be introduced immediately on various digital platforms, including DC websites, social media channels, DC All Access webseries, and DC All Access app and will continue to rollout worldwide across all DC content and products. One of the many benefits of the new logo design is its versatility to showcase DC’s iconic and timeless characters and stories across all media. Look for the new logo to come to life at key events in the coming months.

The new identity and logo were developed in partnership with Pentagram, the world’s largest independent design consultancy.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...breaking_banner

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
:supaburn:

edit: It's obvz better than the peeling-sticker, and Petagram knows what the gently caress they're doing, but...but...eh? Not totally digging the chunky tilted serif at the top of the C. The entirety of that C is a hell of a letterform, and not really in a good way. The circle itself seems too thin, and is a wasted opportunity to do something/anything interesting with the border. Beyond that, it's certainly not a fun logo and it comes off as kind of dour and stern. There's no hint of "rebirth" anywhere. At least it's back to being a solid single color.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 17, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's not good, but at least it won't look like it's falling off the paper anymore.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Furthermore the top left bit of the D seems to be making too much contact with the circle.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

They should have rebranded to Action Comics after Crisis. :colbert:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Well, it's no DC Bullet, but at least it's not the sticker one they have now.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DC is really just emphasizing that they're the Pepsi to Marvel's coke with this constant rebranding

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That C is so ugly that it actually makes me mad.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
The new logo's not bad, but yeah best I can say is "that sure is a logo". :geno: Those blocky letters feel sorta dated but I'm no graphics design guy so I can't say that with any kind of authority.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

DrProsek posted:

The new logo's not bad, but yeah best I can say is "that sure is a logo". :geno: Those blocky letters feel sorta dated but I'm no graphics design guy so I can't say that with any kind of authority.

You don't have to be a graphics design guy to judge a logo meant for you to digest, anyhow.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Literally anything would be better than the peeling sticker logo, though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I get that they are trying to channel their iconic 80's logo and all, but I am honestly eagerly awaiting their next reboot when they bring back that logo in earnest.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Two Tone Shoes posted:

You don't have to be a graphics design guy to judge a logo meant for you to digest, anyhow.

Oh I know :v:. I just meant that as a non-GD guy I don't know if that kind of blocky text is actually dated per se, but I DO know I don't like it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

DC is really just emphasizing that they're the Pepsi to Marvel's coke with this constant rebranding

I don't know, you can say that DC retcons or reboots itself too often but you can hardly say Marvel's innocent of constant rebranding when they can hardly let a title break 20 issues before slapping a new #1 on there and calling it all-new.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

DrProsek posted:

Blocky letters have their place. There's that logo from 72 and 74 that is exactly what they're doing now, but not as good. They could just make the circle smaller, or use the 72 one.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

PenguinKnight posted:

Blocky letters have their place. There's that logo from 72 and 74 that is exactly what they're doing now, but not as good. They could just make the circle smaller, or use the 72 one.

I'm a 76'er for life!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm into it. Now we know every cover's trade dress we've seen so far has been a temp mock-up (if slightly) maybe we'll actually get new series logos.

e: Quick mock-up:

That ain't bad.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 17, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I was pretty fond of the 2005 one. Love that pizazz.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

I was pretty fond of the 2005 one. Love that pizazz.

It's probably the best "modern" DC logo and I curse DC Shoes for their lawsuit.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I want to chastise them for changing the logo yet again, but I like it. It's good, it's sharp. It is so much better than the last two logos.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I prefer the '76 but that's the one I grew up with. '05 is a good modern logo. '12 and '16 are both dumb.

You can't blame DC Shoes because DC Comics is both lawyer happy and lawyer dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't read DC but I think their last logo was brilliant in its simplicity- one letter with an implied "page turn" creating both letters, their version of the FedEx arrow or Amazon a to z "smile" that told you what the company was centrally about without outright stating it. The new one looks lovely, and really does feel like DC once again trying to awkwardly copy Marvel's redesigned, simplistic logo.