Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So is the "CONSIENCE" on his chest also scars the Confederates gave him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Ah the 'ol "you can almost see his dick" Araki panel

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Just got to the Beetle Pokemon Battle in part 8.

I didn't know beetle battles could be so tense.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Valentine is hotter than DIO, but Kars is also hot, I am unsure of my own JoJo hotness metric

Funky Valentine posted:

So is the "CONSIENCE" on his chest also scars the Confederates gave him?
The CONSCIENCE is caused by the heart of Jesus and I think it's a rough outline of the location of the Corpse Parts across America, like it's sort of the path of the Steel Ball Run maybe? I might be making that up

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Hopeford posted:

Beetle Tendency is around where Jojolion starts to get real good

Get ready for a ride.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hopeford posted:

Beetle Tendency is probably the best arc in part 8 so far, but the current one is shaping up pretty good too.

Not as much bug gore, though.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Some jojolion raws leaked and while normally I avoid those like the plague it's hard to miss when it's on fb, tumblr, and twitter so I saw and the thing I prayed for appears to be happening:

I wanted Hato to demolish the gently caress out of Damo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Valentine is hotter than DIO, but Kars is also hot, I am unsure of my own JoJo hotness metric

dio hasn't raped anyone so he's probably a more considerate lover

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Stairmaster posted:

OTOH he made a woman eat her own baby.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Naerasa posted:

OTOH he made a woman eat her own baby.

He didn't make that woman do poo poo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Stairmaster posted:

jesus christ, i forgot Valentine was also on the list of people who tried to rape Lucy, gently caress off

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 17, 2016

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The woman ate the baby of her own accord.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Hopeford posted:

Yeah, at least the way I read it(and I could be wrong) Joseph definitely just shifted over into the new Irene world completely unharmed. And I know that Arakii said in an interview that Joseph was still alive in the beginning of part 6, but a little dumber or something of the sort.

It's kind of up for interpretation, but I think it seems doubtful that the Irene universe contains the characters we know from the first six arcs. Yes, when Pucci remade the universe with Made in Heaven, everyone was carried over (except for the people killed by Made in Heaven) but who's to say that's true for the new universe? After all, Made in Heaven was destroyed and the existence of Irene and her friends means the new universe wasn't made the same way.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Hopeford posted:

Just imagine how sick it would have been if they were tweetle beetles.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
http://www.hottopic.com/search?q=jojo%27s+bizarre+adventure

Jojo is finally a real anime

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

multijoe posted:

Yeah that was my point. Killing Valentine acomplished something other than just killing Valentine (see: saving America from being ruled by an insanely spiteful, unkillable crazy guy). You could say Jotato 'just' killed DIO but you'd be missing the point in the extreme.

But in the end, Valentine does succeed in his goal of sticking Jesus in his bomb shelter and making America great (at the expense of everyone else on the planet). Ultimately, all Johnny manages to do is commit is a spate of revenge killings. Oh, and Valentine's going to get replaced by his vice president, and for all we know, he could be a huge jerk too.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

I have no shame and already bought the group shot T-shirt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The second Stone Mask shirt is only in small...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Weather Report by Part 3's OVA director

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Also, while we're on the topic of SBR, here's my favorite little tidbit from Jojoveller:

quote:

Araki's comment: This stand does nothing but bolster Pocoloco's confidence. It doesn't actually help him in any way. It can't make you lucky or anything, but it can make you more optimistic.

That's right, Pocoloco actually won the Steel Ball Run on his own merits. That luck was all natural, no stands involved.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Daxing Dan posted:

That's right, Pocoloco actually won the Steel Ball Run on his own merits. That luck was all natural, no stands involved.

Pocoloco is a top tier Jojo character, coming from a part where a lot of characters are also top tier.

I liked Hey Ya better when we were calling it Buckethead tho.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That's perfect because it goes back to the theme of SBR: Pocoloco wasn't destined to win, he only won because of his own efforts.

Also that makes me like his stand even more. It has a great design, and it's just a little buddy that gives you a pep talk when you need one :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pocoloco's Stand is literally The Secret.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My headcanon is that Pocoloco founded the SBR-verse's equivalent to the Speedwagon Foundation and is now a beloved civil rights icon.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Funky Valentine posted:

My headcanon is that Pocoloco founded the SBR-verse's equivalent to the Speedwagon Foundation and is now a beloved civil rights icon.
The Speedwagon Foundation helped fund the Steel Ball Run, so Pocoloco just used his money to loving chill and watch clouds.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
He didn't found it, but one day Robert E.O. Speedwagon was taking a stroll and found a nice young black man watching the clouds from Ogre Street...

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Daxing Dan posted:

But in the end, Valentine does succeed in his goal of sticking Jesus in his bomb shelter and making America great (at the expense of everyone else on the planet). Ultimately, all Johnny manages to do is commit is a spate of revenge killings. Oh, and Valentine's going to get replaced by his vice president, and for all we know, he could be a huge jerk too.

Bet you that the VP is a Valentine from another dimension.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Sandman posted:

Bet you that the VP is a Valentine from another dimension.

"Strictly speaking, Vice President Funny Valentine-with-Orange-Hair is a separate entity from myself. There is nothing in the Constitution that prevents him from being my VP simply because we have the same name, build, character tics, and ability to shotgun beer."

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Some jojolion raws leaked and while normally I avoid those like the plague it's hard to miss when it's on fb, tumblr, and twitter so I saw and the thing I prayed for appears to be happening:

I wanted Hato to demolish the gently caress out of Damo

yessssssssss

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Haha there are sooooo many people who are grousing about this because now Jojo is ~ruined~ for them since Hot Topic is The Worst and now Scenesters Have Invaded.

Hating on Hot Topic while still sneaking in when your friends aren't around to get a labret stud or wallet chain continues to be a time-honored tradition, I guess. I'm a Certified Old but I think it's cool that there's more actual merch out there and I generally think it's good when more people like a thing that I like.

It's cool as heck!!! It's gonna rule!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Those shirts aren't gaudy enough for something labeled jojo

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

Those shirts aren't gaudy enough for something labeled jojo

http://www.amazon.com/Bedazzler-Original-Dazzler-Rhinestone-Setting/dp/B000J2IOTS

Speaking of high fashion,

https://twitter.com/morinoeiji/status/714056665952292864

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

drat, look at the legs on Kars.... :vince:

EDIT: vvvvv-- Honestly, that was my first thought as well.

JDRockefeller fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 17, 2016

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

JDRockefeller posted:

drat, look at the legs on Kars.... :vince:

Oh my God, he was so pretty I thought at a glance he was LisaLisa

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Haha there are sooooo many people who are grousing about this because now Jojo is ~ruined~ for them since Hot Topic is The Worst and now Scenesters Have Invaded.

Hating on Hot Topic while still sneaking in when your friends aren't around to get a labret stud or wallet chain continues to be a time-honored tradition, I guess. I'm a Certified Old but I think it's cool that there's more actual merch out there and I generally think it's good when more people like a thing that I like.

Hot Topic's moved away from the primarily emo/scene scene and has been predominately pop culture stuff for a while now, I believe. I guess there's just still that stigma.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
been telling ya'll Kars is hot

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Joseph looks like Tai from Digimon grew up and started lifting, and ACDC looks like Hip Hop Bea Arthur

Why do I enjoy these pictures so much :syoon:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Archenteron posted:

Joseph looks like Tai from Digimon grew up and started lifting,
Now this is a 02 epilogue I can get behind

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Shukaro posted:

Ah the 'ol "you can almost see his dick" Araki panel
Actually, you get two good looks at the dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i2NUSNCbhU