Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

George might not die before this book is finished, but he will for sure die before the last one is finished.

The dude is obese and spends a large portion of his time in front of a computer and is old as gently caress. He's gonna die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"How Khaleesi got her groove back"
loving lol

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm not seeing a single reason the Dothraki wouldn't be like "holy poo poo, you're the boss."

I'd totally bend the knee, and there is always a bit of flexibility for religious beliefs and traditions when a loving demi-god shows up ( who would even know about the blood shed? ).

But getting those fuckers on any kind of boat ... that is the part that would seem a stretch to me. Well, and as we found in Mereen winning isn't ruling. She is still a terrible ruler.. not sure what ( if anything ) will come of that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MG3 posted:

Brienne is one of my favorite characters. She's seen some poo poo and just doesn't give up. Davos is also awesome.

The show ends with Jon and Dany sitting the Iron Throne with Davos or Tyrion as Hand, the other sits the small council with Varys, Brienne as Sansa's guardian in Winterfell, and Tormund just being a goddamn boss and building House Giantsbane/Giantslayer on the charred remains of the dreadfort.

e: Bran merges with Hodor and a weirwood, becoming Westeros's version of Groot.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Evil Fluffy posted:

The show ends with Jon and Dany sitting the Iron Throne with Davos or Tyrion as Hand, the other sits the small council with Varys, Brienne as Sansa's guardian in Winterfell, and Tormund just being a goddamn boss and building House Giantsbane/Giantslayer on the charred remains of the dreadfort.

e: Bran merges with Hodor and a weirwood, becoming Westeros's version of Groot.

That would be too awesome to be how this story ends.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Tyrion will be Hand. Davos will be Steward of Winterfell at Sansa's side.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm wondering if this show will go the deep space nine route and have a kickass sixth season followed by an average to poor finale. Oh who am I kidding, this show isn't near as good as ds9.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I find it funny that one of the few questions GRRM has actually answered over the years is "is Dany always fireproof?" and D&W just went completely the other way anyway.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm wondering if this show will go the deep space nine route and have a kickass sixth season followed by an average to poor finale. Oh who am I kidding, this show isn't near as good as ds9.

I'm only on season 3 and it's p. good. Is six better than three?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Others ice magic is too powerful for the Dragons, the wall is breached and Westeros is quickly over run. Eventually everyone in the world is a dead slave to the Nights King.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
And as far as we know the best "magic" these guys have seen have been witches that monkey paw people and maybe do some healing? Kelly C's trick is good enough for the rabble to immediately go "Whoa, something weird here, plus she has dragons" and follow the lady whose bowled over like 3 cities in as many years.

I'm pretty sure the quick scene with the other Khal's wife and her going pee was meant to imply that most of the horde has at least already heard of her.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MG3 posted:

I'm only on season 3 and it's p. good. Is six better than three?

Everything from season 4 onwards is great until season 7 which falters towards the end. Season six just happens to be the highlight of the show's run

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

This episode was very good, even the king's landing stuff. I hope they don't actually kill all the poor, though.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cavelcade posted:

This episode was very good, even the king's landing stuff. I hope they don't actually kill all the poor, though.

I think that's what will happen. Everyone will revolt against the Lannisters and Tyrells and will be primed for when Dany shows up probably in episode 10 by buzzing the Red Keep on Drogon and Cersei will be startled and spill wine all over herself.

If next season is going to be shorter I would think that Dany has to be in Westeros by end of this season.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

The next season being shorter? Has anyone talked about that? Wheres your sources?

It would be cool if they changed it to a 5 episode super budget show for the last two seasons.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MG3 posted:

The next season being shorter? Has anyone talked about that? Wheres your sources?

It would be cool if they changed it to a 5 episode super budget show for the last two seasons.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/15/game-of-thrones-may-only-have-13-episodes-left-after-season-six/#188dce3c3311

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I cant read that without turning off my adblocker, so please TL;DR it for me?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

MG3 posted:

I cant read that without turning off my adblocker, so please TL;DR it for me?

The showrunners expect to only make about 13 more episodes after Season 6.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Lycus posted:

Cool, that would be good. Two more season after six. With a 2 hour finale.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Lycus posted:

The whole piece reads to me like a public contract negotiation. They'll take the ball and go home or HBO finds some HBO bux and we get another season or at least a few more episodes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

geeves posted:

I think that's what will happen. Everyone will revolt against the Lannisters and Tyrells and will be primed for when Dany shows up probably in episode 10 by buzzing the Red Keep on Drogon and Cersei will be startled and spill wine all over herself.

Goddammit maverick

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Junkenstein posted:

I find it funny that one of the few questions GRRM has actually answered over the years is "is Dany always fireproof?" and D&W just went completely the other way anyway.

Wasn't his answered "it was a one time thing" and then after that we got the arena scene in ADWD with Day approaching Drogon and her hair gets burned (again) as well as maybe some of her clothes, but she's unaffected by the heat?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She's part terminator obviously. These genisys time lines are infecting other franchises.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Goddammit maverick

I feel the need, the need...to poop!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Wasn't his answered "it was a one time thing" and then after that we got the arena scene in ADWD with Day approaching Drogon and her hair gets burned (again) as well as maybe some of her clothes, but she's unaffected by the heat?

It's nice that I can just tell people "Dany is special" when they ask me about this instead of rattling off all that confusing bullshit about one-time miracles, chanting witches or other throw-poo poo-at-the-wall-and-what-sticks stuff.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 17, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think in the Book Barn we can agree an author has a right to change his story as he sees fit as he writes. Who cares what he said in an interview a decade ago? poo poo changes.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Also seeing as the book And the tv show are written by different people maybe we shouldn't expect them to be exactly the same

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

davecrazy posted:

The Others ice magic is too powerful for the Dragons, the wall is breached and Westeros is quickly over run. Eventually everyone in the world is a dead slave to the Nights King.

Good

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Many conversations I've had and will have:

Them: "So Targaryens are fireproof?"

Me: "No, Targaryens are not genetically fireproof. Remember how her brother burned to death in Season 1?"

Them: "Oh, that's right. But Dany is special though, right? She's 'The Dragon'?"

Me pre-604: "Well, you see, what happened at the pyre was one-time miracle, maybe Mirri Maaz Duur had something to do with it, or maybe bla bla bla bla bla..."

Me post-604: "Yep, you got it."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

I feel like paraphrasing Lindybeige and say that the Dothraki wouldn't have had a problem if they hadn't doused their house in modern petrochemicals.

"Sweat of the coal" is an essential part of Dothraki grooming and mating rituals. Many a lamb maiden was grateful of it when rape season came around.

Oh hey, it just occurred to me that Dany will have have the same problem with rape culture again that she had with slavery

I guess Tyrion's compromise means seven years working towards just sexual harassment

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

davecrazy posted:

I think in the Book Barn we can agree an author has a right to change his story as he sees fit as he writes. Who cares what he said in an interview a decade ago? poo poo changes.

no. I will never forgive him for the backflip Tyrion did off some loving balcony like a circus performer in book one.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Last time dany tried to fix the dothraki rape culture her husband got turned into a vegetable and her baby a horror so maybe she learned her lesson on that one

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Last time dany tried to fix the dothraki rape culture her husband got turned into a vegetable and her baby a horror so maybe she learned her lesson on that one

I'm excited to see her conquer westeros and bring about the type of successful and enlightened rule we see in Mereen. Christ, there isnt enough TIME or bookspace left for her to conquer westeros AND deal with the lovely aftereffects. This poo poo is the neverending story.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

After she conquers Westeros, the White Walkers kill all the Dothraki. Problems fixing themselves.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Maybe she uses the Dothraki to clear out the slavers and leaves Essos with the Dothraki in charge, then she fucks off to Westeros without them.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

geeves posted:

If next season is going to be shorter I would think that Dany has to be in Westeros by end of this season.

You forget that Dorne is going to show up. Probably at the same time the Tyrell army is dealing with a revolt. Should be interesting.

And I think that Dany leaves the Unsullied with Missandai and Grey Worm in control of Mireen and takes the Dothraki across the sea in the Iron born ships. Solves the Mireen knot and is a reason to even have Euron in the show.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

You forget that Dorne is going to show up. Probably at the same time the Tyrell army is dealing with a revolt. Should be interesting.

And I think that Dany leaves the Unsullied with Missandai and Grey Worm in control of Mireen and takes the Dothraki across the sea in the Iron born ships. Solves the Mireen knot and is a reason to even have Euron in the show.

Good call - if it's more than the Sand Snakes, yes, that could just escalate things further. Or Dorne immediately declares for Dany but Elia will probably try to kill Tyrion (when they return to KL).

As for Meereen... I think Meereen needs to be left behind but not with Greyworm and Missandei. Dany will sack it completely this time as she's done with half-measures; free Viserion and Rhaegal; send her new Bloodriders to sack Astapor and Yunkai and rid the masters for good (off screen); while turning toward Volantis with her Khalasar and freedmen in tow. Everyone regroups there. And Euron shows up with ships. Euron then becomes more the main villain of season 7 trying to steal one of her dragons and he will kill Daario. Euron's killed then the real threat emerges for season 8 (if the internet rumors can be believed about two short seasons - so that's just a wide guess -but I think Dany will sit on the Iron Throne or at Dragonstone just before the White Walker invasion).

I hope we don't lose Greyworm and Missandei because at least they're good foils for Tyrion and Varys and at least in show they're already her Small Council. I'm not sure where they're headed with Jorah, but he will probably sacrifice himself because greyscale.

Edit: this is all show talk.

geeves fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 17, 2016

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Maybe she uses the Dothraki to clear out the slavers and leaves Essos with the Dothraki in charge, then she fucks off to Westeros without them.

entirely possible - maybe tyrion ends up with his own little kingdom in Essos.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
In theory we'll get to figure out if Dany is fire immune in book 6 if it ever comes out

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

geeves posted:

Good call - if it's more than the Sand Snakes, yes, that could just escalate things further. Or Dorne immediately declares for Dany but Elia will probably try to kill Tyrion (when they return to KL).

As for Meereen... I think Meereen needs to be left behind but not with Greyworm and Missandei. Dany will sack it completely this time as she's done with half-measures; free Viserion and Rhaegal; send her new Bloodriders to sack Astapor and Yunkai and rid the masters for good (off screen); while turning toward Volantis with her Khalasar and freedmen in tow. Everyone regroups there. And Euron shows up with ships. Euron then becomes more the main villain of season 7 trying to steal one of her dragons and he will kill Daario. Euron's killed then the real threat emerges for season 8 (if the internet rumors can be believed about two short seasons - so that's just a wide guess -but I think Dany will sit on the Iron Throne or at Dragonstone just before the White Walker invasion).

I hope we don't lose Greyworm and Missandei because at least they're good foils for Tyrion and Varys and at least in show they're already her Small Council. I'm not sure where they're headed with Jorah, but he will probably sacrifice himself because greyscale.

Edit: this is all show talk.

The White Walkers will probably get to run face first in to a Winterfell garrisoned by Sansa and Jon's forces which will be further reinforced by the Vale's forces and maybe an appearance from Dany and the dragons to face the Night King and his eventual Dracolich Ice Dragon mount.

e: Then Arya shows up and kills the remaining people on her list, except Cersei who is killed by Jaime since it's the most blindingly obvious result of the whole "valonquar" part of the prophecy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

The White Walkers will probably get to run face first in to a Winterfell garrisoned by Sansa and Jon's forces which will be further reinforced by the Vale's forces and maybe an appearance from Dany and the dragons to face the Night King and his eventual Dracolich Ice Dragon mount.

e: Then Arya shows up and kills the remaining people on her list, except Cersei who is killed by Jaime since it's the most blindingly obvious result of the whole "valonquar" part of the prophecy.

Given the show, the Faceless Men will send Arya to kill The Night King.