Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Has anyone ever pointed out that all of these Mario games have interchangeable titles

All that matters is that it's Mario. At least I'm sure marketing thinks that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I'm not used to hearing dads swear in conversation with their kids :(

It's weird if they don't imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Has anyone ever pointed out that all of these Mario games have interchangeable titles

i can give a lecture on mario naming paradigms, if you'd be interested

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kinda yeah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
U R MR GAY

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Looper posted:

i can give a lecture on mario naming paradigms, if you'd be interested

Why was rocky and rambo sequel names all messed up?

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

FFVFJF is 14 days away now.

I'm already excited!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Those are nice consonants

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Final Fantasy Virtual Fighter Jurassic Fart?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

axleblaze posted:

Final Fantasy Virtual Fighter Jurassic Fart?

Final Fantasy Vife: Friends Just gently caress.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Final Fantasy Vife: Friends Just gently caress.

This one's a winner

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

StrangeAeon posted:

FFVFJF is 14 days away now.

I'm already excited!

oh poo poo, I didn't know it was so close. I thought it wouldn't be until June or something

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello!!

How is everybody's night going?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello!!

well, thank you

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello!!

decent. Had class all afternoon today, so I didn't get to start editing videos until this evening.

I really need a second computer.

How about you?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Sick with a nasty cold. When I'm not working I'm playing UC4 multi with goons and some FTL on the computer. My next thing when I have big blocks of time is going to be playing through UC3 and UC4 single player.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello!!

Not bad. I played some Burger Time for game boy. I like Burger Time. I would not eat the Burger Time Guy's food though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

Sick with a nasty cold. When I'm not working I'm playing UC4 multi with goons and some FTL on the computer. My next thing when I have big blocks of time is going to be playing through UC3 and UC4 single player.

I'm about to go play some UC1!

Sorry you're sick. I've been fighting a cold all week and I'm finally feeling better, I sympathize greatly. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Drink lots of liquids, hot tea, soup with garlic.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

well, thank you

:)

Snak posted:

decent.

:)

bloodychill posted:

Sick with a nasty cold.

:(

Get well soon, friend.

I am okay, might shoot a PM to the goon that works at klei to ask for more advice on modding don't starve because I'm not really sure where to go next with my mod.

Might listen to some music, might play a game, might just surf the forums while wondering what song to put on/what game to start up until I'm too tired to do either and fall asleep :sweatdrop:

codenameFANGIO posted:

Not bad. I played some Burger Time for game boy. I like Burger Time. I would not eat the Burger Time Guy's food though.

I had that game on the NES and man that game was kinda rough. Agreed on not eating his food tho. I don't care how big it is, he stepped on it and also it might be alive

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello!!

My car broke down so I'm just hoping it won't be too costly. Also I got high and bought some 3DS games so hopefully I won't regret that in the morning.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello!!

Picked up Caves of Qud on a sudden urge to go exploring a jungle-wasteland, and I've been learning how not to splat my mutated heroes on dangerous plants ever since! I accidentally lost my last and best hero by having him stand in water while setting his enemies on fire, and the heat from the fire produced scalding steam that burnt me to death. :rip:

It's okay though, I'm trying again with another character who shoots ice instead!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axleblaze posted:

My car broke down so I'm just hoping it won't be too costly. Also I got high and bought some 3DS games so hopefully I won't regret that in the morning.

I hope your car repairs go swiftly and cheaply! What 3ds games did you get?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Picked up Caves of Qud on a sudden urge to go exploring a jungle-wasteland, and I've been learning how not to splat my mutated heroes on dangerous plants ever since! I accidentally lost my last and best hero by having him stand in water while setting his enemies on fire, and the heat from the fire produced scalding steam that burnt me to death. :rip:

It's okay though, I'm trying again with another character who shoots ice instead!

Caves of Qud looks like funa nd I hope to play it some day. That death description sounds like the kind of indepth poo poo that would go on in a game like space station 13 though

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I discovered VVVVVV is no longer I the 3DS store (or at least I can't find it from my 3DS) which is unfortunate because I believe they actually added 3D

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

I got Boxboy and that Horse racing solitaire game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I got Boxboy and that Horse racing solitaire game.

I enjoyed boxboy a lot and my fiancee has been addicted to the horse racing solitaire game since she bought it almost a week ago, so you made some good choices

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello!!

Good. Looking forward to some Minecraft when I get home.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

axleblaze posted:

Also I discovered VVVVVV is no longer I the 3DS store (or at least I can't find it from my 3DS) which is unfortunate because I believe they actually added 3D

Wasn't that the Nicalis game with the bug that caused it to crash if you pressed left?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

Caves of Qud looks like funa nd I hope to play it some day. That death description sounds like the kind of indepth poo poo that would go on in a game like space station 13 though

I don't think it simulates accurate chemistry like SS13 does, but who knows what the devs'll add to it before they're done with Early Access. I know there's a whole bunch of weird gameplay systems I haven't yet dug into due to sticking to the most basic build: strong guy who hits things, then blasts elemental powers at them.

For what it's worth, I found the GUI to be fairly accessible for a roguelike, and one of the better ones I've seen in the genre. Having an easy way to set up hotkeys for my abilities is a godsend. :D

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Wasn't that the Nicalis game with the bug that caused it to crash if you pressed left?

Possibly. I clearly never actually bought it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello!!

I've got a case of the mondays but I'm gonna drink this cheap beer and there's always a-tomorrow~

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is a PS4 a good investment right now?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

are there games on it that you want to play and can't get in a reasonably playable state on hardware you already own?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is a PS4 a good investment right now?

PS4 is a great console, but I would wait until after E3 in case sony is announcing some bullshit and there's about to be a price drop.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

beside myself over here about how cool the 3rd character is ys origin is

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello!!

good. seeing if i can get together with my new gf at somepoint this week.

played the new homfront. its not bad. its wonky on some technical levels(resolution,framrate) that can be patched out.

Its basically trying to be far cry but as an actual guerrilla. you can just go into an out post and kill everything, hell you die in like five shots unless you buy body armor and stuff like that. so you actually have to be sorta sneaky, plus if enemies survive they can call for backup and then your hosed.

I feel bad for it because i like what its trying to do and its pretty fun and the enviroments and stuff are cool, but it needs to be patched alot and the shooting isnt the best and its probaly gonna get slaughtered by reviewers either for real reasons(holyshit framrate is poo poo) to petty ones(its not that dragon cancer)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Motto posted:

are there games on it that you want to play and can't get in a reasonably playable state on hardware you already own?

All I've got is a Wii U.

EDIT: As for games, I'm interested in Bloodborne, and Persona 5 will probably be rad. Plus having something that plays Overwatch would be nice.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 17, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like my PS4 and will continue liking it as long as my PC sucks and if Sony doesn't announce the worst case fear people have about the Neo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't actually believe the Sony would be dumb enough to release an incremental upgrade to a console but you might as well wait a month till E3 just to be sure.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean I loving love my ps4. I love playing games on it, I love the games that are on it, and I use it as a media center as well.

But, I personally, would be sad, if I bought a ps4 a month before they went down in price.

edit:^ yeah, that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Either that or wait until p5 or ffxv comes out and get a big shiny special edition bundle

• Locked thread