Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

gamera009 posted:

Pretty sure that's forums user McKilligan. :v:

It is. Here's the build log.

He's also currently working on a Dark Souls 3 cosplay over in the cosplay making thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

gamera009 posted:

More like McCoolAsFuck

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

Just because the name of the restaurant is Five Guys doesn't mean you have to eat enough for five guys

I fuckin' love Five Guys' burgers, I'll buy like five of them whenever I decide to go in so I can just have them in my fridge without having to go burn any gas to drive over to it.

And the fries alone last you till next decade anyway.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

RareAcumen posted:

I fuckin' love Five Guys' burgers, I'll buy like five of them whenever I decide to go in so I can just have them in my fridge without having to go burn any gas to drive over to it.

I hear they're fattening.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

dumb. posted:

My first time there I tried to order a large fry. They talked me out if it by saying a large fry could feed four people.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It's true. They fill up the fry container and then put approximately 2x that amount of fries into the bag.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Breaking news, forums user RareAcumen likes having five guys in their mouth.

:v:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hhhat posted:

that isn't a sign and you make me sad

I see that it is actually a cake now that you mention it but it looked a lot like they just wrote it on a whiteboard at first.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dumb. posted:

If I do not consume at least twelve times my body weight in food every day, I enter an uncontrollable bloodlust that can last for months at a time that rivals that of a Freeper.

RickVoid posted:

Breaking news, forums user RareAcumen likes having five guys in their mouth.

:v:

Only five is a sad time, because that means I must've run out and not noticed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Driving(and fighting in) a giant robot car burns a lot of calories. That's why Coop has his lovely figure.

Also the best MEGAS Xrl cosplay would have the car.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

These guys took it WAY too far and actually joined the army to ensure the accuracy of their plastic army mans cosplay

11 Bravo US Infantry Soldiers

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

VendaGoat posted:

Just giving some context.

*crrk* pot to kettle! pot to kettle! come in, kettle!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

These guys took it WAY too far and actually joined the army to ensure the accuracy of their plastic army mans cosplay

On the other hand, art imitating life: http://www.wearedorothy.com/artwork/casualties-of-war/

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 10:26 on May 13, 2016

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

gamera009 posted:

No that's Knight Artorias The Abysswalker, of the Four Knights of Lord Gwyn

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Would have been better if the tripod and all the gun barrels were irreparably bent at random angles.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

:stare: Goddamn that's uncanny.

A few more:

Captain Peggy Carter

Steve right at the start of the movie where he's chasing the Hydra agent through the streets and using a cab door as sa shield

Yeah I dunno

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I think there was some squirrel girl where loki and everyone else was cats for some silly reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That doesn't look anything like Aiden Pearce. That hat isn't nearly iconic enough.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

titties posted:

I see that it is actually a cake now that you mention it but it looked a lot like they just wrote it on a whiteboard at first.

No it's OK I'm just sad because I love the poo poo out of that movie and that was a brilliant accessory

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

LingcodKilla posted:

I think there was some squirrel girl where loki and everyone else was cats for some silly reason.

Mostly Loki, IIRC.

And he just did it because Thor was made unreasonably uncomfortable by it and Squirrel Girl was egging him on.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Is this supposed to be the Watch Dogs guy because lol it's bad

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

bradzilla posted:

Is this supposed to be the Watch Dogs guy because lol it's bad

No It's Bucky

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8/10, no guy looking through binoculars and pointing :colbert:.

Yeah that is a really uncanny Bucky Barnes from the new Captain America film (it's why the fingers on his left glove are silver).

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

:golfclap:

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely

LingcodKilla posted:

I regret knowing this, but Lokitty is a thing in fandom. Thor is usually a Golden Retriever.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Degenerate Star posted:

I regret knowing this, but Lokitty is a thing in fandom. Thor is usually a Golden Retriever.

Unfortunately I think it's this, rather than a Squirrel Girl reference...but man, that part of SG was great and I'd love to see a group cosplaying this whole scene and hamming it up for the cameras.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So, Overwatch is a thing now.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1179953698682897.1073742071.240819332596343&type=3

Where's your Reinheart cosplay, McPantserton? :colbert:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hoi.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

:iit:

ugh

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

HardDisk posted:

So, Overwatch is a thing now.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1179953698682897.1073742071.240819332596343&type=3

It's been a thing for so long that I had assumed it had been out for months

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Neddy Seagoon posted:

8/10, no guy looking through binoculars and pointing :colbert:.

Yeah, that one's the LT. They got lost on the way to take the picture.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rodbeard posted:

It's been a thing for so long that I had assumed it had been out for months

Announced, in beta, out of beta, no more beta, and now it'll be out on the 24th.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
What's the line between cosplay and costuming done for promo purposes? Does there even need to be a line? The two big Overwatch cosplays in the last month look like they're from the same group and they're done really well. Are they getting paid by Blizzard to do it?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

gamera009 posted:

Yup, that's the jerk who never finished his Xcom Let's Play :argh:

Any good Doom cosplay out there?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Spudd posted:

Any good Doom cosplay out there?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

HardDisk posted:

I'm a few Blizzard properties behind, finishing up a Diablo 3 wizard tonight ahahaha. To stay on schedule I'll make an Overwatch costume when Diablo 4 drops. :v:

starkebn posted:

What's the line between cosplay and costuming done for promo purposes? Does there even need to be a line? The two big Overwatch cosplays in the last month look like they're from the same group and they're done really well. Are they getting paid by Blizzard to do it?

Since most of the cosplayers I follow make their own stuff even when they're paid I don't really see a difference besides some $ incentives. These were both sponsored costumes:

Lightning Cosplay as Widowmaker

Kamui Cosplay as Symmetra

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blizzard used to hire cosplayers to make costumes for professional models for their cons and stuff. I think there was some "controversy" one year because the woman who made a lot of those also entered the big Blizzcon contest or something. I might be crossing wires here though.

Now some cosplayers have so many fans it's probably better publicity this way.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Cosplaying for money, eh?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cosplaying for money, eh?

Do you think you have to pay him extra to leap off the ledge and shiv one of your guests with a sharpened candy cane, or to not do so?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

McPantserton posted:

I'm a few Blizzard properties behind, finishing up a Diablo 3 wizard tonight ahahaha. To stay on schedule I'll make an Overwatch costume when Diablo 4 drops. :v:

To be fair you almost managed to keep up with Blizzard properties but they had to get off their asses and make OW. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

HardDisk posted:

To be fair you almost managed to keep up with Blizzard properties but they had to get off their asses and make OW. :v:

Plus to my credit, I was WAY over-prepared for Heroes of the Storm!

• Locked thread