Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
How much is 1.5mil gil on Asura? Old Herewaard on Quetz is sitting on that plus who knows what in his inventory and I'm not sure if it's worth the $18 to bring it over. He might also be most of the way to a Lu Shang rod, i dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Majumbo posted:

How much is 1.5mil gil on Asura? Old Herewaard on Quetz is sitting on that plus who knows what in his inventory and I'm not sure if it's worth the $18 to bring it over. He might also be most of the way to a Lu Shang rod, i dunno

Whats he got in sellables, seals, leveled jobs and job points? If he has a couple jobs capped, bring him over as a mule/alt

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
THF COR WAR BLM at cap plus a bunch of random stuff partially leveled. Looking at gear history looks like a lot of still useful gear so yeah with that in mind I will bring him over

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
When does the bonus exp/capacity points stuff activate?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

CyberLord XP posted:

When does the bonus exp/capacity points stuff activate?

About 7 hours ago. But it's only for experience chain

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Majumbo posted:

About 7 hours ago. But it's only for experience chain

Yeah I saw that, but POL has a thing mentioning double EXP which I thought might be different? Maybe not, but whatever, make it rain.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

CyberLord XP posted:

Yeah I saw that, but POL has a thing mentioning double EXP which I thought might be different? Maybe not, but whatever, make it rain.

same thing, double exp and cp bonus to CHAINS only

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Since ffxiah's guide hasn't been updated in a while, can someone give some general recommendations for THF equips?

I'm sitting at 954 accuracy with no food, and I'm trying to figure out what gear I should be focusing on. Only got one piece of rawhide armor (gloves), and I'd like to put something together.
I think well-augmented taming siri's and a mix of abj/herc armor from Reisen is your best bet.

THF, unfortunately, isn't a much needed job in most content anymore.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While that irritates me, it's not like that's a surprise. You only really need like...one of 5 jobs nowadays.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Heads up you can get Kupofried, the bounty clock, and the infinite XP/CP rings during this event FYI

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

It's the free login campaign right now as well. So a good time to get those as well as both crab mounts while you can.
All characters are active, so just patch and login.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

It's the free login campaign right now as well. So a good time to get those as well as both crab mounts while you can.
All characters are active, so just patch and login.

Wish I hadn't heard this. Time to get on with Square Enix customer service to see if I can resurrect my six year old account and cry at how useless all my right-around-the-level-raise-to-80 era 75 cap gear is in comparison to auction house trash

E: lol at being on support with SE and having to remember that your mom signed you up back when you were 15 and trying to figure out all her info on file in order to recover your playonline password

pretty soft girl fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 17, 2016

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Probably returning sometime soon, left right before the final Rhapsodies update. What's a few good ways to get money these days?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Male of the Century posted:

Heads up you can get Kupofried, the bounty clock, and the infinite XP/CP rings during this event FYI

If I'm reading this right..there's a chance you might get the last two numbers right and be able to get those rings, out of your ten picks but you won't know until June sometime? Fun.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Hey I just remembered that I only have up to WotG on my account and I'm trying to decide if I want to drop a couple of bucks getting Abyssea and Adoulin. I don't really have any interest in grouping up, how much content will I be able to tackle solo these days? I know trusts apparently help quite a bit, will I be able to enjoy any content from expansions after WotG playing by myself casually? Keep in mind I was happier than a pig in poo poo to jump onto a private server a year ago and solo raptors in Cape Terrigan for hours on end so my threshold for enjoying myself isn't very high

also I kind of want to leverage my existing level 75 jobs, is there any particular choice that's best for soloing in terms of efficiency/survivability or do the trusts kind of even everything out? I had SAM RDM COR DRG WAR RNG DNC and PLD at 75. Is DRG/RDM self-healing still a thing? I started playing this game in high school and I am almost 30 now and don't know anything about anything anymore.

pretty soft girl fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 17, 2016

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

If I'm reading this right..there's a chance you might get the last two numbers right and be able to get those rings, out of your ten picks but you won't know until June sometime? Fun.

Nope, just talk to a moogle and get the rings.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Majumbo posted:

Nope, just talk to a moogle and get the rings.

Oh, okay. The event page was misleading/I'm a gigantic idiot, either or.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
The event page doesn't really say anything about it, but yeah you just talk to the dude and he gives you a pick of 6 items, the 2 xp/cp infinite use rings, the 2 xp/cp 3 time use rings, and the 2 chairs. You can only pick 2 of the items to actually take though so make it count! There's a red treasure chest next to him with literally every anniversary item from the past events sitting in it that you can take as many as you want of, including the behemoth gear, the clock, kupofried's cipher along with a handful of others, and any/all of the old evening wear. If you talk to a moogle and he just gives you a shirt and there's no chest around then that's the wrong one.

pretty soft girl posted:

Hey I just remembered that I only have up to WotG on my account and I'm trying to decide if I want to drop a couple of bucks getting Abyssea and Adoulin. I don't really have any interest in grouping up, how much content will I be able to tackle solo these days? I know trusts apparently help quite a bit, will I be able to enjoy any content from expansions after WotG playing by myself casually? Keep in mind I was happier than a pig in poo poo to jump onto a private server a year ago and solo raptors in Cape Terrigan for hours on end so my threshold for enjoying myself isn't very high

also I kind of want to leverage my existing level 75 jobs, is there any particular choice that's best for soloing in terms of efficiency/survivability or do the trusts kind of even everything out? I had SAM RDM COR DRG WAR RNG DNC and PLD at 75. Is DRG/RDM self-healing still a thing? I started playing this game in high school and I am almost 30 now and don't know anything about anything anymore.

Jobs are in a weird place now, leveling and soloing you're probably fine with whatever depending on your available trusts. It's literally a party of AI NPCs acting as tank/healer/dps so no worries there. Also leveling is piss easy and crazy fast once you start raking in the XP bonus key items from the Rhapsodies quests. I power-leveled leveled someone from 1-99 in only an hour 3 days ago because of the XP campaign going on.

You can do pretty much everything "solo" now by just summoning a party of trusts. Abyssea is pretty cool if you like grinding mobs because there's probably a hundred different treadmills stacked on top of each other in those 3 zones but most of the rewards can't hold a candle to the item level gear introduced in Adoulin. Seekers of Adoulin is pretty cool and again you can just use the trust system to get through most everything there as well. But more importantly, the Adoulin zones are basically where everything goes down these days outside of the Escha zones (which you got since that was a free questline they added for everyone. In fact, that one's probably the biggest treadmill of them all since to progress you have to make your way through all the previous expansions to unlock followup quests.

Basically, the game is a solo wonderland and anything you can't do with trusts you can just ask in Get Out for a hand with. There's not many of us but usually everyone jumps at the chance to do something for someone else.

Male of the Century fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 18, 2016

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Abyssea is pretty cool if you like grinding mobs because there's probably a hundred different treadmills stacked on top of each other in those 3 zones but most of the rewards can't hold a candle to the item level gear introduced in Adoulin.

Exception: The empyrean gear treadmills, depending on class those are totally worth it to grind out.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

The event page doesn't really say anything about it, but yeah you just talk to the dude and he gives you a pick of 6 items, the 2 xp/cp infinite use rings, the 2 xp/cp 3 time use rings, and the 2 chairs. You can only pick 2 of the items to actually take though so make it count! There's a red treasure chest next to him with literally every anniversary item from the past events sitting in it that you can take as many as you want of, including the behemoth gear, the clock, kupofried's cipher along with a handful of others, and any/all of the old evening wear. If you talk to a moogle and he just gives you a shirt and there's no chest around then that's the wrong one.

Jobs are in a weird place now, leveling and soloing you're probably fine with whatever depending on your available trusts. It's literally a party of AI NPCs acting as tank/healer/dps so no worries there. Also leveling is piss easy and crazy fast once you start raking in the XP bonus key items from the Rhapsodies quests. I power-leveled leveled someone from 1-99 in only an hour 3 days ago because of the XP campaign going on.

You can do pretty much everything "solo" now by just summoning a party of trusts. Abyssea is pretty cool if you like grinding mobs because there's probably a hundred different treadmills stacked on top of each other in those 3 zones but most of the rewards can't hold a candle to the item level gear introduced in Adoulin. Seekers of Adoulin is pretty cool and again you can just use the trust system to get through most everything there as well. But more importantly, the Adoulin zones are basically where everything goes down these days outside of the Escha zones (which you got since that was a free questline they added for everyone. In fact, that one's probably the biggest treadmill of them all since to progress you have to make your way through all the previous expansions to unlock followup quests.

Basically, the game is a solo wonderland and anything you can't do with trusts you can just ask in Get Out for a hand with. There's not many of us but usually everyone jumps at the chance to do something for someone else.

Thanks for this write up, this was really helpful- even with guides it's kind of tough to catch up on where the last six years have taken this game. I decided to pick up adoulin and pass on the abyssea expansions since I wasn't sure I wanted to drop the money for expansions I might not use. I'm sure once I hit 99 I'm going to be doing at least a few weeks of the old-content tourism of "hahahah this used to take an alliance of 18 people meditating spirits within and now I can just stab it to death"

What do people do typically for money these days? Since I'm not going to do much (if any) grouping I think I'm going to piss around on my red mage, is it possible to gear yourself competently on the cheap? I came back with 2 million Gil in my pocket (on Ragnarok, not Asura unfortunately) so I can at least afford the new scrolls and incidental costs, but probably not any kind of top tier gear

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

pretty soft girl posted:

Thanks for this write up, this was really helpful- even with guides it's kind of tough to catch up on where the last six years have taken this game. I decided to pick up adoulin and pass on the abyssea expansions since I wasn't sure I wanted to drop the money for expansions I might not use. I'm sure once I hit 99 I'm going to be doing at least a few weeks of the old-content tourism of "hahahah this used to take an alliance of 18 people meditating spirits within and now I can just stab it to death"

What do people do typically for money these days? Since I'm not going to do much (if any) grouping I think I'm going to piss around on my red mage, is it possible to gear yourself competently on the cheap? I came back with 2 million Gil in my pocket (on Ragnarok, not Asura unfortunately) so I can at least afford the new scrolls and incidental costs, but probably not any kind of top tier gear

There's Records of Eminence in the game now, think of it like a daily/regular quest log to stab a certain number of things or do a quest, etc. Joining a Unity will also add additional quests to do in RoE. You get extra exp from doing these, Spark currency + Unity Accolades (when you join a Unity), and the occasional item. You can just buy a ton of Manoples with Sparks (1k-ish) and NPC them for roughly 9~10k gil each, which is what I did for a little while. The other alternative is spending the Unity Accolades you earn on Prize Powders (10pts each) to NPC for around 100g each. They take longer to NPC off, but you're honestly gonna build up Unity points pretty easy, so you might as well. Especially since you might want to save the former currency for some costly equipment/items at level 99.

Like, some pretty solid ilvl117 equipment is available via Sparks. I'm not at cap and haven't done a super lot yet because I started a new character, so I might be a little off on this? But if you don't intend to group up or do the serious endgame stuff regularly, that ilvl117 stuff could probably hold you over for 85% of the game's content.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Dreamy Souffle posted:

There's Records of Eminence in the game now, think of it like a daily/regular quest log to stab a certain number of things or do a quest, etc. Joining a Unity will also add additional quests to do in RoE. You get extra exp from doing these, Spark currency + Unity Accolades (when you join a Unity), and the occasional item. You can just buy a ton of Manoples with Sparks (1k-ish) and NPC them for roughly 9~10k gil each, which is what I did for a little while. The other alternative is spending the Unity Accolades you earn on Prize Powders (10pts each) to NPC for around 100g each. They take longer to NPC off, but you're honestly gonna build up Unity points pretty easy, so you might as well. Especially since you might want to save the former currency for some costly equipment/items at level 99.

Like, some pretty solid ilvl117 equipment is available via Sparks. I'm not at cap and haven't done a super lot yet because I started a new character, so I might be a little off on this? But if you don't intend to group up or do the serious endgame stuff regularly, that ilvl117 stuff could probably hold you over for 85% of the game's content.

Perfect, thanks for the rundown- I didn't even know about RoE. Man this game is so much cooler than when I quit

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

pretty soft girl posted:

You should have bought the Seeker's of Adoulin Ultimate collection, it'll give you the CD keys for everything basically.
http://www.amazon.com/FANTASY-Ultimate-Collection-Seekers-Download/dp/B00AWEMODK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463699425&sr=8-1&keywords=ffxi

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This crab event is dumb and I hate it.

But I want that red crab

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Only takes an hour or two to get a red crab. Do it!

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Shinjobi posted:

This crab event is dumb and I hate it.

But I want that red crab

The normie blue crab is an awesome mount. This red crab mount is the thing of legends. I think I saw it laugh at Spicyryan and Concise having male on male fun. Anyway, here is a link to a guide that might help you. It helped me.

CyberLord XP posted:

Only takes an hour or two to get a red crab. Do it!

CyberLord is right, it is easy and does not take very long.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

In as Fracturegoon on Asura. Can anyone get me a pearl to the linkshell?

[Edit] I'm in, thanks Frod!

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 21, 2016

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

In as Fracturegoon on Asura. Can anyone get me a pearl to the linkshell?

I am going to be on again around 11:30pm-3am est. My in game name is Joobacca and my alt is Mulebacca, both can give you a pearl. Frod is another, but he has to take a lot of afk breaks because he is so fat his fingers can't press the keys back when he only weighed 600 pounds.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If I get on in a sec I'll take care of it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God dammit I hosed up on the AH. Not worst case scenario, but if you look up duskorb +1 stacks you'll see I sold a stack for one mil. I meant to sell it for 1.9 mil, but forgot a digit. So really, that I made half what I wanted is better than the nightmare scenario of only getting 200k. Still.......uggghhhhhhhhh.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

God dammit I hosed up on the AH. Not worst case scenario, but if you look up duskorb +1 stacks you'll see I sold a stack for one mil. I meant to sell it for 1.9 mil, but forgot a digit. So really, that I made half what I wanted is better than the nightmare scenario of only getting 200k. Still.......uggghhhhhhhhh.

Jamie sold his character while in possession of my set of Shiva's rings +1. That's a total of 20m lost.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

Jamie sold his character while in possession of my set of Shiva's rings +1. That's a total of 20m lost.

Remember chocobo blinkers? I never figured out how to automatically sell and buy them until after the nerf. So I only got 20mil out of it. Instead of hundreds of gil like most people.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Remember chocobo blinkers? I never figured out how to automatically sell and buy them until after the nerf. So I only got 20mil out of it. Instead of hundreds of gil like most people.

Magichero was banned with like 6-800m on him. Its a big reason why i never finished extra REM weapons.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

There's a red treasure chest next to him with literally every anniversary item from the past events sitting in it that you can take as many as you want of, including the behemoth gear, the clock, kupofried's cipher along with a handful of others, and any/all of the old evening wear.

I can't find this treasure chest. I found the event moogles in Windy that give the six items, but no red chest.

E: finally found it. It's next to the crab event moogle, not the moogle that give away the 6 items. I'm dumb

SEGA Ass Fisting fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 22, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have managed to solo T1 of Einherjar. From what little data there is available post-rhapsodies, I've no idea how lovely things are going to get in T2 and T3. One person did comment that T3 was more likely to spawn magic casters.

I might need to use a pet job if they get that tough.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I have managed to solo T1 of Einherjar. From what little data there is available post-rhapsodies, I've no idea how lovely things are going to get in T2 and T3. One person did comment that T3 was more likely to spawn magic casters.

I might need to use a pet job if they get that tough.

treat the event like a cleave group.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Can someone on Asura pearl me? Name is Skyrant.

Cheers

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

What's a good setup for bst if I want to aoe stuff to death for merits? I used to cleave in abyssea on War but lol abyssea.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CyberLord XP posted:

What's a good setup for bst if I want to aoe stuff to death for merits? I used to cleave in abyssea on War but lol abyssea.

A dt set to pull them all and a gearset for tegmina buffet for the grasshopper. Alternatively level blu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Gonna throw a crazy idea out there for the Master BCNM, but has anyone tried using FF14 play style mechanics? SE has been pushing its raging boner over FF14 onto FF11 for a little bit now, and if people have stated X mob uses X move/spell every X amount of time, maybe try running away, kiting, etc to avoid it? We've gotten so used to just playing FF11 as: stand at mob, auto-attack, WS @ 1000 TP, repeat. Mages: Stand out of AoE Range Cure/support repeat. The GEO/RUN/RDM Valk seems to be easily avoidable if PLD Super Tank starts running when spell is due to be casted vice versa other DD run away. Since -ra spells center from the caster with a relative smaller AoE range, it is possible to out run it. Also with -ra spells the correlation of direction from the mob (North, South, East, West, SW, NW etc etc) also plays a factor into what boost in damage the spell does do to enemies (in this case you/ or players). Although during Chainspell might prove more difficult for the Super Tank to escape in time, has anyone tried Sleeping it during chainspell? Moving the unslept hoard away from it has a precaution till it wears off? Also has anyone tried 'Ultimate Skillchains' on these mobs? iirc SE developers posted a video of them clearing the BCNM in ~45mins ish, so this isn't a stand at mob spam WS and easy victory in <5~10mins. Now saying that I'm sure the developers had the best of the best gear wise because they can give themselves anything they want, and further more they know the mechanics of the battle because you know they made it lol, but to me this fight seems you need to let go of the FFXI concept and think outside the box, where just auto attacking and WS'ing while WHM keeps you alive isn't the best strat. Further observation from what people have been posting, to me, looks like Ranger just made a HUGE come back lol. Shadowbind anyone? safely do dmg at range distance, and even if pull hate mob runs back to Odin's target seconds later regardless. When a mob 2-hours, Shadowbind and Super tank runs the hoard safely out of range.
Just some thoughts, but for me seeing these posts this BCNM screams the usual PLD,WHM,GEO,BLU bandwagon setup up is complete poo poo. I think this is SE's way of giving other jobs some sort of purpose and usefulness again. Which in defense is almost always the case. Bandwagon jobs/setups come and go, and although the current PLD/SCH/BLM/WHM/GEO or PLD/WHM/GEO/BLU has endured, its been long over due to get pegged down in newer content to make the forgotten jobs more appealing to re-gear and cp. Perhaps its time to break out that job from retirement, dust off the gear, and get some CP. Either some group with the <1% who have Mastered Forgotten Jobs will succeed in clearing the BCNM, or like everyone did with Herald Gaiters and Ambuscades(for those wishing to play solo and "taking up space" for the more deserved entitled PT setups) SE will impliment a 'Crier's Difficulty' and or nerf it completely to where a sparks i117 Master job PT will have some difficulty clearing it. Only time will tell I suppose.
Also just to throw it out there, SE has already stated the Master Trials BCNM is just like Ambuscades, with new rewards and/or battlefields coming often. (Each Month?) So these "Trophy Items" may seem like crap, but SE intended this to not be easily rewarded. i.e "Trophy Item".. Judgment Day Furnishing is a Trophy Item, does nothing for you, but its something only a select few have and can showcase to others saying "Look at me! I'm better/cooler than you!" You may have your Afterglow REMA, but how many people can say they have a Judgment Day or by the looks of it as of right now a Fermion Sword (I'd say <5 ppl, and 0 for the sword).