Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So we let the bullshit Cage movies go away for anyone who still remembers it and let Wesley Snipes get in a position to cameo and then we launch Ghost Rider and Blade. Like immediately. Horror Marvel can be pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Who do we cast as Johnny blaze

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They should definitely bring back Snipes and Cage.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't the deal with the Nova Corps in Guardians something like they were all sharing one communal power source? Have <villain of movie> murder off like all but a few Nova Corps members and now you get your <roll 1d4 for number of Novas the your team> who has/have all that power that was previously stretched thin across thousands.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though.

Ghost Rider / Blade / other horror themed Marvel stuff would be a good excuse to make some kind of Halloween special anthology series or something.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sure, Dracula's public domain, they could do "Marvel's Tomb of Dracula" featuring Blade and Ghost Rider as a Netflix anthology.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Marvel Netflix Phase 2 666.

Moon Knight is a crazy guy who believes in supernatural poo poo.
Blade is a crazy guy who fights supernatural poo poo.
Ghost Rider is crazy supernatural poo poo.
Hellcat marries crazy supernatural poo poo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rurea posted:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Danny Ketch would be a better choice for a series, I think.

I've just always liked him more, too. But it helps that my first introduction to Ghost Rider was that number 1 with him in it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I haven't seen Spirit of Vengeance but the first Ghost Rider loving rules.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Heathen posted:

Marvel Netflix Phase 2 666.

Moon Knight is a crazy guy who believes in supernatural poo poo.
Blade is a crazy guy who fights supernatural poo poo.
Ghost Rider is crazy supernatural poo poo.
Hellcat marries crazy supernatural poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only acceptable Ghost Rider in live action from this point forward is The Undead G-Man aka The Best Ghost Rider.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My fav Ghost Rider movie was Drive Angry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Spirit of Vengeance is one of the worst movies ever made.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Travis343 posted:

I just hope they keep the jellies.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Robbie Reyes netflix show tho. Begin the West Coast Avengers initiative.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

it had it's moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jf9wU3YmnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xU-jmekpM

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 17, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The first Ghost Rider is horrendously dull. The only interesting moments it has are just only because they're so bad and unintentionally hilarious.

I hate that movie. I wish it were dead.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
First Ghost Rider was boring as gently caress. Second Ghost Rider has Ghost Rider pissing fire off the back of a semi, the rest of the movie could have been 90 minutes of Cage screaming and it would still be one of the best Marvel movies.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I think a Blade series could work, but I think part of the success would be because Blade's rogues are basically: Vampires, Dracula, Succubi (aka Sex Vampires), and maybe the occasional werewolf. That's great. Buffy the Vampire slayer did that for a decade. Drop the Whedon-isms and the family angle and it could work

Ghost Rider has maybe three villains? Blackheart, Mephisto and some other hell demon. I think again, staying generic would be better. I just don't really get Ghost Rider, so I would have no interest in a series with him. Now that I think about it, when is the last time GR was involved in any major event that was not the Secret Wars from last year. He wasn't in Civil War or Siege, or Secret Invasion that I recall. Was it a WW Hulk tie-in?

I couldn't name a Moon Knight villain, but I think the guy that leaves him for dead in his origin might be a recurring character. If you gave me a palette swapped bastard child of Batman and Punisher, who focuses on dismantling the local crime syndicates, I might tune in.

I don't know if any of them could support their own series, but maybe an anthology (Marvel Knights) where each character gets an episode or two, but tie them into an overarching story. Maybe MK is investigating some drug runners and he stumbles across some gangsters that don't stay down like normal. Blade pops in and says it's vampires, so he's in just to kill them all, and...gently caress it! I don't care about Ghost Rider. He shows up because the local vampire king has Hell powers or he's going to open a portal to Hell and free Blackheart. And he has to piss fire to close the portal or something.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Luke Cage is getting a TV show and he has no memorable villains and a single good story about $200. They can find a way to make Blade / Ghost Rider / Moon Knight interesting.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Ghost Rider also had Nightmare, Orb, Lilith, Michael Morbius, Reverend Styge, Tatterdamalion

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

CzarChasm posted:

I think a Blade series could work, but I think part of the success would be because Blade's rogues are basically: Vampires, Dracula, Succubi (aka Sex Vampires), and maybe the occasional werewolf. That's great. Buffy the Vampire slayer did that for a decade. Drop the Whedon-isms and the family angle and it could work

Ghost Rider has maybe three villains? Blackheart, Mephisto and some other hell demon. I think again, staying generic would be better. I just don't really get Ghost Rider, so I would have no interest in a series with him. Now that I think about it, when is the last time GR was involved in any major event that was not the Secret Wars from last year. He wasn't in Civil War or Siege, or Secret Invasion that I recall. Was it a WW Hulk tie-in?

I couldn't name a Moon Knight villain, but I think the guy that leaves him for dead in his origin might be a recurring character. If you gave me a palette swapped bastard child of Batman and Punisher, who focuses on dismantling the local crime syndicates, I might tune in.

I don't know if any of them could support their own series, but maybe an anthology (Marvel Knights) where each character gets an episode or two, but tie them into an overarching story. Maybe MK is investigating some drug runners and he stumbles across some gangsters that don't stay down like normal. Blade pops in and says it's vampires, so he's in just to kill them all, and...gently caress it! I don't care about Ghost Rider. He shows up because the local vampire king has Hell powers or he's going to open a portal to Hell and free Blackheart. And he has to piss fire to close the portal or something.

Ghost Rider definitely showed up during WWH. He decided Hulk was right and immediately left. A Marvel Knights anthology would be fine, but the idea that they can't have shows because you can't name their villains is a bit silly. I think most comic book fans would be hard pressed to name several villains for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. We're not exactly dealing with Batman and Spider-Man here.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

Dan Ketch probably works better than Johnny Blaze because you have an organized crime element to his origin (as well as Blackout), which would make it easy to tie into the Netflix motif. Then again, you can always introduce Johnny as a former host of the Ghost Rider somewhere during the series.

The best Moon Knight stories were international/outside of New York. He doesn't have the greatest list of enemies, but you could count an entire cult of Set/Seth worshipers. Outside of that, you've got Bushman, Arsenal, Morpheus (Marvel Versions), The Committee, Randall Spector (his serial killer brother), Midnight Man, Jack Russel (sort of), Stained Glass Scarlet, Black Spectre and his own insanity. I've always thought Moon Knight works far better with the supernatural angle than as 'crazy Batman'. There's a lot you can do with Moon Knight that would be a hell of a lot more interesting than yet another superhero in New York fighting organized crime.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Aphrodite posted:

Which is a shame considering the talent involved

Rurea posted:

Method Man, or at least let him cameo like Ghostface did in the first Iron Man movie (which got cut unfortunately)

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 17, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shawn posted:

First Ghost Rider was boring as gently caress. Second Ghost Rider has Ghost Rider pissing fire off the back of a semi, the rest of the movie could have been 90 minutes of Cage screaming and it would still be one of the best Marvel movies.

It's weak poo poo compared to their other films. Including Gamer.

Don't put Neveldine and Taylor on any kind of leash.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Robbie Reyes netflix show tho. Begin the West Coast Avengers initiative.
ABC should really invest in doing a little shared universe of YA Marvel Shows on Freeform if Cloak and Dagger is successful. Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, Ms. Marvel, Runaways, Power Pack.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Timeless Appeal posted:

ABC should really invest in doing a little shared universe of YA Marvel Shows on Freeform if Cloak and Dagger is successful. Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, Ms. Marvel, Runaways, Power Pack.

I'm on board with this if it includes a show with Night Thrasher, Justice, and Speedball.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

quote:

Black also revealed there was an "early draft" of the film where the villain was a woman. The director was explicitly told by Marvel executives the villain could not be a woman "because, after consulting, [they] decided that toy won't sell as well it it's a female."

Hahaha, Jesus Christ Marvel.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

It was the Disney Infinity postmortem thread that pointed out that they made a figure for Yondu before ever making Scarlet Witch.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

Well, that's Ike Perlmutter for you. Not sure a female villain could have made that movie any better though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

Well, that's Ike Perlmutter for you. Not sure a female villain could have made that movie any better though.

Apparently the original intent was Killian's role to actually go to the woman who first approaches Tony and Killian himself was a smaller role before it got veto'd by Marvel. Which honestly actually does make more sense and is even closer to the original comic story where her character was secretly responsible.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

X-O posted:

I'm on board with this if it includes a show with Night Thrasher, Justice, and Speedball.
Man, at that point you have to fit Squirrel Girl in somewhere don't you?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mycot posted:

It was the Disney Infinity postmortem thread that pointed out that they made a figure for Yondu before ever making Scarlet Witch.

Didn't Guardians come out before Ultron?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah, Guardians of the Galaxy was Disney 2.0, AoU was DIsney 3.0 alongside Star Wars.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

MacheteZombie posted:

They should definitely bring back Snipes and Cage.

According to Snipes, Marvel's already met with him about reprising the role. I think there was a rumor floating around a while ago about a Blade movie starring his daughter, Fallon Grey.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

theflyingorc posted:

No, as in, they never made a Wanda and now never will since the entire franchise is discontinued.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
is this Mandarin design related to the comics in any way?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Aphrodite posted:

To this day I can't believe I let my friends drag me to see it opening night. Not only was it boring, but they gave away the climax in the trailer.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TheKingofSprings posted:

is this Mandarin design related to the comics in any way?

Pretty sure that's the armor from that terrible Iron Man cartoon where he's a teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

X-O posted:

Pretty sure that's the armor from that terrible Iron Man cartoon where he's a teenager.

The cartoon might be terrible but gently caress if that armor isn't rad

• Locked thread