Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

smoobles posted:

What if it forgot to turn downward and flew in a straight line into space? We'd never find it. :stare:

unless they flew towards alpha centauri, made planetfall, and started a new civilization there

then, in a few centuries, their descendants will find us when they return at the head of a huge invasion fleet :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

unless they flew towards alpha centauri, made planetfall, and started a new civilization there

then, in a few centuries, their descendants will find us when they return at the head of a huge invasion fleet :tinfoil:

Directed by M. Night Malaysianairlines.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarieBrouder/status/729009195161366528

Guys the plane has been found, they are just dragging it in now.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jumpingmanjim posted:

https://twitter.com/MarieBrouder/status/729009195161366528

Guys the plane has been found, they are just dragging it in now.

somehow i suspect this is not the plane.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Ivor Biggun posted:

This came up a few times in the old thread, the thing is that GPS gives you the ability to know exactly where you are but it is unidirectional - you can't send a message back to the GPS satellites. You need to be able to send a separate signal out to either communications satellites or a local radio or cellphone link for other people to be able to see the GPS information that you see. There is no universal global tracking system keeping tabs on airliners and once it's crashed into the ocean the water masks the radio signals that the black box needs to be able to send out to tell people where it is.

There is work being done to create a global tracking network for airliners but this won't help us to find MH370

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34793274

Super late but I appreciate this post, now I understand why it hasn't been found.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's loving GONE

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

smoobles posted:

It's loving GONE

good

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
It's not GONE, we just don't know where it is. Misplaced is probably a better term.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Uh, no, its definitely gone, guys.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

smoobles posted:

It's loving GONE

Hey! You're not Chinatown!

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
any recent developments????

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the great deceiver posted:

any recent developments????

They found it... to be entirely gone.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

smoobles posted:

It's loving GONE

no it cant be i was just looking at it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its still gone...guys.

Do not accept imitations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

But it sounds like they found parts of it?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But it sounds like they found parts of it?

probably fake parts. I mean if you haven't seen the whole plane how do you even know its missing parts?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

hey guys do you remember that show lost?

it was loving garbage

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it was loving garbage

Lost was why I became an alcoholic. I lived for that show man, LIVED for it....then as it made less and less sense, I felt that being always drunk made it make perfect sense.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
What if MH370 changed its name to MH380, donned a fake Groucho Marx moustache, and is currently flying Malaysian passengers? WitSec, perhaps? What did the plane witness????

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it was loving garbage
Yes, it's also gone

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

spud posted:

Lost was why I became an alcoholic. I lived for that show man, LIVED for it....then as it made less and less sense, I felt that being always drunk made it make perfect sense.

I stopped watching mid season 2 when I was like "this poo poo is getting retarded."

I always seem to jump ship on shows at the right time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Heading to work right now, gonna interrogate my coworkers. One of them must know something

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

CharlestonJew posted:

Heading to work right now, gonna interrogate my coworkers. One of them must know something

Good man. Any leads should be PMed to chinatown.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it was loving garbage

LOST is like this thread. It was fun while it was on, debating the various mysteries with other people that watched it. But as soon as it ended you were like "why the gently caress did I waste time on that poo poo". If MH370 is ever found, you'll feel the same way about this thread.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

So it's Mr. Town now

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
This MH370 boondoggle is just plane silly if you ask me

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I've missed you Atma.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They have until July to find it.

The man in charge of the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 has confirmed the underwater hunt off the West Australian coast will be called off as soon as July, unless significant new evidence emerges.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-17/mh370-search-to-be-called-off-as-soon-as-july/7420420

If not found by then, it will be lost forever.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its still gone guys

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

its still gone guys

actually i have it, i lost it under my couch until i cleaned my living room, sorry guys

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

They have until July to find it.

The man in charge of the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 has confirmed the underwater hunt off the West Australian coast will be called off as soon as July, unless significant new evidence emerges.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-17/mh370-search-to-be-called-off-as-soon-as-july/7420420

If not found by then, it will be lost forever.

I hope that after the government effort to not find the plane ends, a privatized effort to continue to not find the plane takes its place.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

smoobles posted:

I hope that after the government effort to not find the plane ends, a privatized effort to continue to not find the plane takes its place.

we have till the end of this year my love.
:ohdear:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has disappeared from radar, the airline says

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36309492

Where is the plane Chinatown?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Currently, that plane is also gone, guys.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
If you tihnk that plane is okay you're currently in denial and the plane is probably in de nile!

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
oh lovely, another suicidal spice merchant egyptian pilot.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

this story has a bunch of updates on MS804: http://www.ibtimes.com/egyptair-flight-ms804-missing-jet-cairo-bound-plane-paris-reported-missing-over-2371095

UPDATE: Egypt aviation says it probably crashed:

AP posted:

The plane most likely crashed into the sea, Ihab Raslan, a spokesman for the Egyptian civil aviation authority, told SkyNews Arabia. He said the plane was about to enter Egyptian airspace when it disappeared from radar. The airline, however, said the Airbus A320 had vanished 10 miles (16 kilometers) after it entered Egyptian airspace.

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe the planes have met up with each other and are going to make plane babies.

• Locked thread