Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ZShakespeare posted:

Haha that guy is the worst even if thTHC ONLY YOU CAN READ THIS. YOU WILL BE REWARDED FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT CREATING DIVISION AMONGST THESE SO CALLED PROGRESSIVES DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO BELIEVE THAT THEY CAN WORK TOGETHER IF THEY SHARE ANY MINOR DIFFERENCESblic bathroom, lol. Christ what an rear end in a top hat
If you are a card-carrying member of the Conservative Party of Canada then we have more than just "minor differences" impeding our cooperation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
You know what would make me respect pm selfie? If he just said, lol gently caress you guys I'm not impeding climate change policies and carbon reduction just so you dumb fucks can drive 90k pickup trucks

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Ahem

Went through the election thread to find somethingAnd I found these unfufilled promises

Shaaaaaaame.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
looks like y'all need to bounce on dis boy's d

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Depends, is he as dreamy as the PM?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I found out that a colleague of mine is a diehard fan of Harper and hates Trudeau because "he's too weak", "tries to make everyone happy", and "isn't qualified to run the country like Harper was". How do I even start responding to this :psyduck:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
so what's the OTTAWA INSIDER'S WORD on sophie gregoire? Is she dumber than avril lavigne?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

CLAM DOWN posted:

I found out that a colleague of mine is a diehard fan of Harper and hates Trudeau because "he's too weak", "tries to make everyone happy", and "isn't qualified to run the country like Harper was". How do I even start responding to this :psyduck:

well he's not wrong

at this point, there really isn't any leader more qualified than harper to run this dumpster fire

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Agreed, immediately end disaster relief for the animals in Alberta before they grow dependent

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

THC posted:

Agreed, immediately end disaster relief for the animals in Alberta before they grow dependent

replace the first paragraph with $17 billion in oil subsidies dolled out to corporate welfare bums

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

jm20 posted:

Are the CPC's supporting LGBTs yet? Not sure I understand how he could support a party that literally doesn't welcome his support.

Didn't they try to do some kind of "it gets better" video (or was that the Ontario PC's) that went over about as well as a wet fart?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

CLAM DOWN posted:

A good start would be to hide the body. I've had really good luck dumping them in the ocean although some of the feet have been washing up on shore. So far I've only been caught once but that's ok because I had my clean kit on me at the time. If you want I can give you a hand.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pretty sure I offered to do so after the election. Offer stands.

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's why you don't talk politics or religion.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 17, 2016

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

CLAM DOWN posted:

They can't change your mind, you can't change theirs. Talk about weather. Actually no, that's not safe any more. Uh... sports? I've got a few FB friends whose poo poo I just unfollowed entirely. Stick to your own ideological hall of mirrors. It's less frustrating. Or learn to really like internet arguments!

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

THC posted:

So when will the EI and transfer payments end to the Maritimes and Quebec ?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
tell me you agree with the stupid bullshit espoused in that 'lesson in irony'

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hal_2005 posted:

So when will the EI and transfer payments end to the Maritimes and Quebec ?

Right after they stop giving corporate handouts to companies that pocket the gains in offshore accounts and refuse to invest anything back into the system.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I feel bad for you. Working with PT6A would be awful

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

A Typical Goon posted:

I feel bad for you. Working with PT6A would be awful

To be fair to PT6A, he did say Harper wasnt qualified to run the country any more.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Furnaceface posted:

To be fair to PT6A, he did say Harper wasnt qualified to run the country any more.

Also I'm mostly happy with Trudeau.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Of course you'd be mostly happy with a piece of poo poo arrogant worm who's quite happy to sell weapons to tyrants.

Edit: gently caress it I need to just get comfortable with being part of the problem.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 17, 2016

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

CLAM DOWN posted:

you colleague is a fascist. :sever:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

I found out my uncle was one of these people the other night when he decided to enlighten me on how useless the census was (he defaced it and sent it back, we didn't have this information for ten years and we're fine! He pays taxes they don't need to know any more about him than that) among other lovely conservatisms

I can't really even argue with him because trying to engage him on anything just results in him shrugging and going like welp, you'll see!

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

EvilJoven posted:

Of course you'd be mostly happy with a piece of poo poo arrogant worm who's quite happy to sell weapons to tyrants.

Edit: gently caress it I need to just get comfortable with being part of the problem.

Hey don't slag off the Arrogant Worms like that.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Slightly Toasted posted:

I found out my uncle was one of these people the other night when he decided to enlighten me on how useless the census was (he defaced it and sent it back, we didn't have this information for ten years and we're fine! He pays taxes they don't need to know any more about him than that) among other lovely conservatisms

I can't really even argue with him because trying to engage him on anything just results in him shrugging and going like welp, you'll see!

Here's a fun historical reason why the census matters!

quote:

The story goes that during the First World War, Quebec had a very low rate of enlistment compared to English Canada. The effort to impose conscription there was very unpopular and nearly tore the country apart. It did tear the Liberal party apart from a while. So when WWII came around, the government said that only volunteers would serve overseas. No conscription. And they never did impose it.

Here's the thing though: in the past ten years, a historian I know discovered something amazing. He went through 620,000 attestation papers for Canadians in WW1. Soldiers filled these out when they 'attested' at a recruiting station. They contained vital details, such as a person's date of birth, next of kin, religion, occupation, etc., but not necessarily where they were from. Anyway, past historians just assumed that where people signed up was where they were from. That's what they assumed in WW1, too. But it turns out that in the case of Quebec, huge numbers of young men passed into Ontario and New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to sign up for the war, for various reasons, often because the regiments in those places had better reputations. Quebecers actually enlisted at a rate comparable to other provinces, they were just less likely to enlist in Quebec itself.

So here's the thing: the government of Canada based its policies in WWII - a life or death struggle against the Axis powers - based on a fallacious assumption about Quebec recruitment in WW1. And how did my friend discover this about Quebec recruitment in WW1? By comparing names on attestation papers to census of 1911 info about where people were actually from. And that's why we need census data: so that the government can make better decisions about social and political and economic policy.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

quote:

Good Tuesday morning to you.

As a battle over bathrooms is waged in some parts of the United States, here at home, there’s little sign of a similar kind of pottygate. In contrast, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government is set to unveil legislation to protect transgendered Canadians. "I am proud to announce that tomorrow, on the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, we will be tabling a bill in the House of Commons to ensure the full protection of transgender people," he said. It’s been a long time coming, but the government is hoping the bill will lead by example.

Back in school, no good ever came from skipping class. This week’s lesson? Not much good comes from skipping House either. Yesterday for the Liberals, a pop procedural test meant winning a vote by the skin of their teeth. The Conservatives and NDP joined forces to force a vote while too many Liberals were away from the House, leaving Speaker Geoff Regan cast the tie-breaking vote on a 139-139 count — for just the 11th time in Canadian history. Our Elizabeth Thompson has that story.

As for the Liberals’ electoral reform committee motion, NDP Leader Tom Mulcair says he’s voting against that as well. NDP democratic reform critic Nathan Cullen hasn’t said he’ll voted against it, but has called for the Liberals to “commit to true cross-party collaboration, and give all parties a real seat at the table.”

Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan faced a grilling last night before a special session of Parliament. He told the committee of the whole that his government has no plan to shut down any military bases and insisted that opposition accusations his government has cut $3.7 billion in defence spending from DND "couldn't be further from the truth.” CBC News has more.

Fort McMurray is having a hard time catching a break. Just as some oil sands workers started to return to their jobs in the wake of massive wildfires, the mandatory evacuation order that sent more than 88,000 fleeing from their homes has now been expanded to include all work camps north of the city. Premier Rachel Notley says the fire is headed that way at a “fairly good pace.” Another rapidly growing wildfire has also sparked a mandatory evacuation order in the province’s central region.

Legalizing the wacky tobacky is going to breach three international drug control treaties, according to Steve Hoffman, an associate professor at the Centre for Health Law at University of Ottawa. What does the Liberals’ pot point man think? Bill Blair’s pretty chill about it all. As our Kyle Duggan reports, the former Toronto police chief doesn’t seem to think any rules will be broken.

As controversy continues to swirl around a deal that sent Canadian armoured vehicles to the country despite concerns about its human rights violations, Saudi Arabia has postponed a charm offensive touted as a celebration of its culture that was set to take place in Ottawa this week. The issue? “Logistical reasons.” Sure. Let’s go with that. The Globe’s Steven Chase has more.

Here and there:
  • Status of Women Minister Patty Hajdu delivers opening remarks at a panel entitled “Sexual and Reproductive Rights are Human Rights” at the Women Deliver Conference in Copenhagen.
  • Statistics Canada releases the monthly survey of manufacturing for March.
  • Justice Minister Judy Wilson-Raybould appears at Commons committee hearing witnesses on the Main Estimates 2016-17.
  • Gov. Gen. David Johnston meets with the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet, recipient of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize.
  • Robert Marleau, former Information Commissioner of Canada, appears at Commons privacy and ethics committee hearing witnesses on the Access to Information Act.
  • Conference to develop a federal framework on Lyme Disease.
  • The Parliamentary Budget Officer posts a report entitled “Fiscal Analysis of a Targeted Tax Credit for Taxpayers in the Second Bracket.”
  • Nunatsiavut Government officials appear at Senate Aboriginals Peoples committee to discuss challenges relating to housing on First Nation and Inuit communities in Nunavut, Nunavik, Nunatsiavut and the Northwest Territories.
  • Auditor general Michael Ferguson appears at Senate procedures and the rights of Parliament committee to discuss a case of privilege relating to the leaks of the Auditor General's report on the audit of the Senate.
  • Environment Commissioner Julie Gelfland appears at Senate transport committee hearing witnesses on the development of a strategy to facilitate the transport of crude oil to eastern Canadian refineries and to ports on the east and west coasts of Canada.
  • Cabinet meeting. Ministers are available following the meeting in the Foyer.
  • NDP MPs hold a press conference to explain their bill to make it easier for small business to be passed on to future generations.
  • La Presse president Guy Crevier appears via videoconference at Commons heritage committee to discuss media and local communities.
  • Christian Heritage Party Leader Rod Taylor holds a press conference on Bill C-14, physician assisted dying.
  • Environment and Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna holds a town hall discussion in Vancouver to engage youth on clean growth and climate change.
  • Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould makes an announcement regarding legislation on gender identity and gender expression.
  • Veterans ombudsman Guy Parent appears at finance committee hearing witnesses on Bill C-15, An Act to implement certain provisions of the budget tabled in Parliament on March 22, 2016.
  • Commons Speaker Geoff Regan appears at Commons House affairs committee hearing witnesses on Main Estimates 2016-17 under Parliamentary Protective Services.
  • MP Peter Kent appears at Commons immigration committee hearing witnesses on the government's initiative to resettle Syrian refugees to Canada.
  • Senate legal and constitutional affairs committee discusses Bill C-14, medical assistance in dying.
  • Commons foreign affairs committee gets a briefing on the human rights situation in Iran. Appearing via videoconference from Munich, Ahmed Shaheed, UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Iran.
  • Small Business Minister Bardish Chagger attends Question Period in the Senate.
  • Public Services Minister Judy Foote appears at Commons government operations committee on Reports and Priorities 2016-17.
  • The Travers Debates tackle the question of decorum in the House of Commons. Panellists include: Scott Feschuk (Macleans), MP Ruth Ellen Brosseau, Katie Simpson (CTV) and MP Rodger Cuzner.

For all his talk of revolution, Bernie Sanders never wanted to be Ralph Nader. But our friends at Politico wonder if Sanders 2016 is in fact becoming Nader 2000 — they’re looking at how he could cost Hillary Clinton the election.

Although he’s largely cornered the market on friends in low places, it would seem Donald Trump is having a bit of a harder time with those in higher places. In fact, across the pond in jolly England, he’s really not making many friends at all. He acknowledges he might not have good relationship with David Cameron and he’s challenged London Mayor Sadiq Khan ‘to take an IQ test’ after he described Trump as ‘ignorant.’ As for the EU, in his expert opinion, it’s been a ‘disaster.’

In Featured Opinion this morning:
  • Governments launch trial balloons purely to find out who's inclined to shoot them down, but the leak of the Ontario Liberal government's ambitious climate change strategy — with its mandated elimination of carbon-heavy energy sources — sure doesn't seem like the kind of plan you take into a provincial election campaign when your poll numbers are headed south.
  • Tasha Kheiriddin says the strategy seems especially odd when you consider that the biggest blots on Premier Kathleen Wynne's copybook have to do with her predecessor's actions on the energy file. Is this an ambitious pitch to remake the Ontario economy, a political suicide note — or both?
  • Journalist Shenaz Kermalli gives us her take on Sadiq Khan's election as mayor of London and what she sees as a hopeful new trend: high-profile Muslims succeeding in Western society without being constantly called upon to condemn atrocities perpetrated by psychopaths.
  • We welcome back The Tyee's Crawford Killian with a thoughtful piece on how Fort McMurray's wildfire crisis has brought out the communitarian impulse in what was the spiritual heartland of laissez-faire capitalism.

Finally, if you think you’ve got your hands full this morning, here’s someone who can relate.

Have yourself a good one.

International

Asian shares recover after Apple, oil boost Wall Street (Reuters)
Germany's Steinmeier says Syria talks to focus on ceasefire, aid (Reuters)
Top ranked Chinese official to 'listen' to HK demands as independence calls grow (Reuters)

National

Will Canada violate international conventions if it legalizes pot? Bill Blair doesn't think so (iPolitics)
NDP will vote against Liberals' electoral reform committee motion: Mulcair (iPolitics)
Liberals caught short on key bill; Speaker casts rare tie-breaking vote (iPolitics)
Federal government to introduce legislation to protect transgender people (Canadian Press)
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan grilled by MPs in special Commons session (CBC News)
Saudi Arabia suspends cultural festival in Ottawa amid outcry over arms deal (The Globe and Mail)
Dion invited to join international talks on Syrian conflict (The Globe and Mail)
Institute says 60% of First Nation children on reserve live in poverty (CBC News)

Quebec

Montreal auditor general has 'serious concerns' about how city is run (CBC News)

Ontario

Ontario government not denying report on sweeping climate change plan (CBC News)
Ontario’s major hospitals operating over capacity, documents reveal (The Globe and Mail)

Alberta

Growing wildfire forces evacuation of Fort McMurray oilsands camps (CBC News)

British Columbia

Affordable housing in Greater Victoria gets $60M boost from province, CRD (CBC News)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Fair. We can set something over the long weekend maybe by pm. Also flakeloaf still hasn't chimes in

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Dreylad posted:

Yesterday for the Liberals, a pop procedural test meant winning a vote by the skin of their teeth. The Conservatives and NDP joined forces to force a vote while too many Liberals were away from the House, leaving Speaker Geoff Regan cast the tie-breaking vote on a 139-139 count — for just the 11th time in Canadian history.

An important part of this story:

http://ipolitics.ca/2016/05/16/liberals-caught-short-on-key-bill-speaker-casts-rare-tie-breaking-vote/

Is that Doug Eyolfson, a Liberal MP from Winnipeg, had opposed the bill in question based on the fact that Trudeau made a point of saying that representing constituents was more important than toeing the party line and that it has the potential to gently caress over people in his constituency (which has the Winnipeg airport within it). Eyolfson also went on a media tear to congratulate himself and the PM for letting this happen.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wherry-eyolfson-vote-1.3556033

Liberal MP Doug Eyolfson says voters were skeptical last year when he claimed a Liberal government would allow its backbenchers greater freedom to vote as they saw fit.

"A lot of people said, 'I'll believe it when I see it,'" he says. "So now I can look people right in the eye and say, 'Believe it.'"
[...]

"The prime minister had made it clear from the first day that as MPs, our first responsibility is to our constituents" - Eyolfson

Yesterday when push came to shove and his opposition actually meant something, he backed down and blamed the NDP and PCs.

While I understand that the PCs and NDP were definitely participating in gaming the system (by taking advantage of the Liberals being stupid as gently caress), maybe next time he might want to hesitate for just a moment before congratulating himself so much for his parliamentary bravery because he's likely to just fold if it actually means anything.

BELIEVE IT.

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 17, 2016

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

CLAM DOWN posted:

I work with several right wingers, we chat politics. Ask them about their thoughts on specific issues, and supposed solutions, but be objective and not emotional about your pov. Politics isn't zero sum so you may find you agree on some positions as well. Talking politics can be :angel:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I keep unblocking a facebook friend of mine who's a caricature of an AM radio host, only to block him again when he reminds me that he's completely incapable of having a discussion without resorting to name-calling and horrible fallacies. He's not a stupid man, but most of what he writes reads like time cube.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Fair. We can set something over the long weekend maybe by pm. Also flakeloaf still hasn't chimes in

Sure, I'm down. Pick a place and fire out some PMs.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

I keep unblocking a facebook friend of mine who's a caricature of an AM radio host, only to block him again when he reminds me that he's completely incapable of having a discussion without resorting to name-calling and horrible fallacies. He's not a stupid man, but most of what he writes reads like time cube.

Sure, I'm down. Pick a place and fire out some PMs.

Been there done that on the first one.

Pms away!

Also, hooray, the transgender protection act is out there, and no crazies have called me today

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Transit ridership is down 5% in Calgary, so what does the city do, make it easier for people to access transit? More stops, later on fri/sat? Nah, we'll just increase user fees at the park and ride stations, because creating an even bigger barrier to transit use is obviously the answer

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
also the de grood trial started yesterday, he'll probably be found NCR and released in short order from some facility back into the world but the whole incident is disturbing

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Social media is terrible right now, gently caress. When is it not though?

" You know I'm actually tired of people telling everyone what they should be ok with and what to accept and not to accept, so your telling me that 10 years ago or even 5 it was ok to think this is not right but if you think that today your a bigot?
I'm personally ok with a girl walking into my washroom lol but maybe I'm stubborn but I don't like how people are forcing things on us. I'm ok for gay rights but if I wasn't that's ok as well.
As for these bathrooms lets not get to crazy, it's only a couple hippie places that have it. No one is going to get raped."

"Forcing me to not be a piece of poo poo"

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It's all a slippery slope though, today you promise equal rights for transgendered people, tomorrow people are marrying goats and pedophiles flood the streets. Much better just to continue allowing discrimination.

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 17, 2016

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
So you guys are all fine with polygamy right

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

It's all a slippery slope though, today you promise equal rights for transgendered people, tomorrow people are marrying goats and pedophile flood the streets. Much better just to continue allowing discrimination.

Alberta have used some pedophiles to flood the streets of Fort McMurray.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

InfiniteZero posted:

An important part of this story:

http://ipolitics.ca/2016/05/16/liberals-caught-short-on-key-bill-speaker-casts-rare-tie-breaking-vote/

Is that Doug Eyolfson, a Liberal MP from Winnipeg, had opposed the bill in question based on the fact that Trudeau made a point of saying that representing constituents was more important than toeing the party line and that it has the potential to gently caress over people in his constituency (which has the Winnipeg airport within it). Eyolfson also went on a media tear to congratulate himself and the PM for letting this happen.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wherry-eyolfson-vote-1.3556033

Liberal MP Doug Eyolfson says voters were skeptical last year when he claimed a Liberal government would allow its backbenchers greater freedom to vote as they saw fit.

"A lot of people said, 'I'll believe it when I see it,'" he says. "So now I can look people right in the eye and say, 'Believe it.'"
[...]

"The prime minister had made it clear from the first day that as MPs, our first responsibility is to our constituents" - Eyolfson

Yesterday when push came to shove and his opposition actually meant something, he backed down and blamed the NDP and PCs.

While I understand that the PCs and NDP were definitely participating in gaming the system (by taking advantage of the Liberals being stupid as gently caress), maybe next time he might want to hesitate for just a moment before congratulating himself so much for his parliamentary bravery because he's likely to just fold if it actually means anything.

BELIEVE IT.

Yea going along with a plan formed by the CPC and NDP and ignoring the fact that if they hadn't been "playing tricks" this never would've been close would've been a really smart thing for him to do

e: gently caress him for making his own choice actually

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

heeheex2 posted:

Yea going along with a plan formed by the CPC and NDP and ignoring the fact that if they hadn't been "playing tricks" this never would've been close would've been a really smart thing for him to do

e: gently caress him for making his own choice actually

He isnt saying that at all. He is saying this moron picked a really stupid example to toot his own horn since what he is bragging about didnt happen here.

Cultural Imperial posted:

So you guys are all fine with polygamy right

What the gently caress does that have to do with gender rights issues? Thats a religious debate.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

InfiniteZero posted:

BELIEVE IT.

If you ever believed that the LPC would actually allow its members to actually defeat bills I honestly don't know what to say. I'm sure that LPC backbenchers are perfectly free to vote in the most politically advantageous way so long as the outcome remains what the party wants.