Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i am on fire with the passion for posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Meanwhile...nice snipe

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Numismancer posted:

Let's see, enemies declaring victory and leaving (TEST, other random garbage), enemies fighting each other instead of us (Snuff/Shadow Cartel, TISHU vs Culture), increased desperation from Horde as they can't decide between us being totally ineffective and begging for PL to save them (or now having PL beg to get bailed out from 'the next BR-5'), GSF and friends retaining the ability to flashform 3 fleets to facefuck overconfident bad guys with.

It's almost like we spelled out that we'd be executing a Fabian strategy and have done exactly that since the C02 backstab, and all what we've predicted is coming to pass.

That should help balance the books on the war overall. Congrats on your victory, MBC looks forward to more fights.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

The Drama after the fight is becoming just as amusing as the fight its self

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Stevefin posted:

The Drama after the fight is becoming just as amusing as the fight its self

I looked for drama, and couldn't find any.

I did give some random goon 50m (lol), chill chats with Lyris (♥), and talked about weird EDM with Wyld for an hour.

Maybe tomorrow.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Regrettable Drunk posted:

MBC looks forward to more fights.

no they dont

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

I'm in the MBC

"
anja: I mean if the goons end up with two regions and forming fleets regularly to defend them
anja: that's a victory for us
"

So... maybe they are?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
pl, and by extension pl pets darkness and ncperiod etc, do not want fights they want free kills

so no

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012
Also, deadtear responding to me. Truly I am blessed.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

pl, and by extension pl pets darkness and ncperiod etc, do not want fights they want free kills

so no

They want the next B-r (a massive brawl fest)

or

do not want fights

Which is truth!?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Um, all it takes is posting terribly HTH

e. hahaha new word filter discovered

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

so no

Thank you for telling me what we want as a 'coalition'.

The more you know, and whatnot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Trying to hunt SLYCE dudes in an astero doesn't work when all the SLYCE dudes are in carriers :(

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Thank you for telling me what we want as a 'coalition'.

The more you know, and whatnot.

unironic you're welcome since you never seem to be on message :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

They want the next B-r (a massive brawl fest)

or

do not want fights

Which is truth!?

b-r wasnt a fight it was a one sided slaughter

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

unironic you're welcome since you never seem to be on message :)

On a scale of 1-10, can you tell me how mad I am right now?

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

b-r wasnt a fight it was a one sided slaughter

Fair point, I thought it started off as a slug fest.

but really though if you guys start having fights with us now it's going to be great :D

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

On a scale of 1-10, can you tell me how mad I am right now?

earlier it was off the charts, now you're a low simmer but you're working yourself back up

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Okay, serious talk. What the gently caress is with these loving pants ridiculous inconsistent PL/NC capital fits. Seems like 3/4 of them are significantly different (i.e. not just varying degrees of pimping) from each other. In order of death:

* HYDRA Apostle -- no capital capacitor mids, got neuted out instantly
* PL Revelation -- HAW -- Heavy injectors, double rep but triple heatsink, heavy neut
* PL Naglfar -- Not HAW -- Cheapo T1 guns / T2 tank fit, no option high; armor tank fit on a postpatch Nag = took less damage than most clownshoes
* PL Naglfar -- Not HAW -- 500MN MWD, no option high, but at least he has the right tank fit, and took 3x the damage of the above clown before he died
* PL Naglfar -- HAW -- Probably the best fit thus far, although capital core defense capacitor safeguard rigs seem questionable.
* PL Revelation -- Not HAW -- 4.7B X-type fit, no injectors, no option high
* NC Apostle -- Reactor control? Large (battleship-sized) capacitor battery? Local tank rigs? I mean, sure, you're trying to cram on 8 cap mods onto one hull, but this seems less than ideal
* PL Apostle -- pretty normal two-rep-one-transfer fit
* PL Apostle -- pretty normal three-rep fit
* NC Apostle -- Another weird NC one
* PL Apostle -- super weak cap regen, triple stacked EANMs
* NC Apostle -- Another weird NC one, this one crams NINE capital mods onto the hull with that RCU. Three cap reps, a cap transfer, two cap injectors, two cap reps, and the capital hull energizer.
* NC Apostle -- Yet another NC reactor control fit, but far fewer capital modules; it's actually only 2% over on grid with the RCU offlined. Waste of a perfectly good lowslot, honestly.
* PL Apostle -- Two empty highs, smartbombs/etc are clearly overrated
* PL Thanatos -- capital AB is weird, but okay, I can at least see where he was going with this one
* PL Revelation -- Not HAW -- no capital capacitor mods, but tbh, he was disconnected, so he'd have died anyways
* NC Apostle -- Yet another weird NC one
* PL Thanatos -- Mixed shield and armor tank
* PL Apostle -- Semi standard three rep fit

So, not only are they widely inconsistent, but the dreads who were dropped to blap hurricanes were predominantly not fitted with HAWs.

The NCDOT Apostle fit is probably the weirdest of this session -- they all have reactor controls fit. I'm trying to think of the bright side of it, and well, some of them have managed to successfully fit a metric buttload of capital modules onto one hull. (Others have it just vestigally -- i.e. one guy's only 2% over on grid without the RCU.) I think most of them are there because they're trying to fit the anti-DD hull energizer module to every Apostle... which makes no sense at a planning level, because who's gonna attempt to driveby a NC FAX in the North? It's not like Goons are throwing around supers (other than Zungen), and NC's blue to anyone else in the area with supers.

Like, I know that we're the Hivemind on Theorycraft Mountain in Goonlandia and we're total idiots who never do anything sensible, but we've been hearing for months that we're screwed because everyone else in the game is standardizing on the best capital fits and will be prepared... so what is this?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A good night.We killed 3 idiots on a gate and then posted ascii dicks and Toy Story slash in local while a 20 man gang whined about us not engaging them :toot:

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Fair point, I thought it started off as a slug fest.

but really though if you guys start having fights with us now it's going to be great :D

I'm sure you'll come to love our strategy of weaponized sadism, since its innocent precursor - weaponized boredom - got so much screaming and howling about lack of fairness and a dearth of self-esteem trophies for your whole class that it was all you lot could whine about for years.

That, then, was us being gentle and good citizens.

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Shine on you crazy diamond, you fight against the reality of the world. It was good to see you actually in a fleet as well and shooting things. More people logging in and fighting is the best. RIP hurricane prices though!

Also, Sappo is trying to reach you about the drinking competition at Eve Vegas that you were supposed to do? What's happening with that?

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Wow, that's pretty inconsistent... maybe this whole war is the emperor wears no clothes.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Shine on you crazy diamond, you fight against the reality of the world.

:ironicat:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also can you change your name to drunk regrettable or something, so we have some thread consistency with the other people who have no posts outside of the terrible eve threads and only just happen to show up when they "remember" they have an account when their side Wins Something

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
man you give them one win and you get like 6 pages of smugging

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

hello half of those posts are mine and im there win or lose

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Live2post

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012
I have just been lurking more. I am trying to good post but gosh darn it I keep getting suckered in.

Please help me post.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

querns is querns win or lose

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I have just been lurking more. I am trying to good post but gosh darn it I keep getting suckered in.

Please help me post.

So far your light years ahead of other D name posters, but that might because your name is only half D

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Please help me post.

Don't worry about good posting or bad posting just embrace the post button.

Bad posts happen, don't get hung up on them or worried about them, if someone says you're posting bad then just read the bad posts and don't post like that anymore.

:justpost:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Bad posts happen, don't get hung up on them or worried about them, if someone says you're posting bad then just read the bad posts and don't post like that anymore.

You're posting bad.

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Thanks, will do.

Venom Snake posted:

So far your light years ahead of other D name posters, but that might because your name is only half D

Should I just sign off DR so people don't need to look at my name?

Also, it's been several pages. Who do I talk to about pictures of cats/dogs? How do I make Videogames d'aww post about mining?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

hello half of those posts are mine and im there win or lose

tbh, there is alot of smugging. Then again it was a good ol' fashioned dunking, so its well deserved. Careful, you might suddenly have people thinking you're a respectable pvp entity soon!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Elmnt80 posted:

tbh, there is alot of smugging. Then again it was a good ol' fashioned dunking, so its well deserved. Careful, you might suddenly have people thinking you're a respectable pvp entity soon!

sure, but most of those posts are me and querns and I'm going to call The Other Guys bad and dumb win lose or draw and querns aint far behind me

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Paco Vato posted:

I guess what I mean to say friends is that the time is nearly upon us to make our forums great again:

:smugdon:

What's deadtears updated space credit to forum probation exchange rate, since his ascension to power?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
idk if im bribeable

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

idk if im bribeable

What about boiled ribs as currency?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh we're gonna fight now is that what we're doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable Drunk