Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I liked the panel where it was Helck and some Piuy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's because we believed.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

He did a lot of cardio.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Art bad

Then, art good

Yes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Helck will save the humans

Alice will save the humans

azudora will save the humans

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Captain Invictus posted:

Art bad

Then, art good

Yes

Art good
Then
Art better

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Has Helck become too pretty?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I believe in *coughs up geysers of blood*

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

I believe in *coughs up geysers of blood*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Alicia's compatibility will rise and her face will go back to normal. However it will constantly shift as her evil awakened soldier side manifests itself to taunt Helck much like how Zellzion was when he first awakened. Edil becomes Bass. Cless regains consciousness and somehow finds himself able to free people from the King's rule. Azudora pops out of a flower, close to death but still alive.

Wow, one of my terrible writing predictions was somewhat kinda correct after all.

So, was Azudora's power Earth or plants?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I believe in Anne from management and her ability to verbally lay the smackdown on edgy motherfuckers.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

I believe in Anne from management and her ability to verbally lay the smackdown on edgy motherfuckers.

Rafaed isn't so much edgy as he's just given in, in my opinion. He will be saved.

Also am I alone in kinda hoping Alicia's weird eye isn't fixed once she is saved? It has no effect on Helck's love and keeping the consequences of the humans' actions around once it's all over would be good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sure but put a patch or something over it

Helck 2: Pirate Sequel Bogaloo

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

chumbler posted:

Rafaed isn't so much edgy as he's just given in, in my opinion. He will be saved.

Also am I alone in kinda hoping Alicia's weird eye isn't fixed once she is saved? It has no effect on Helck's love and keeping the consequences of the humans' actions around once it's all over would be good.

Assuming being saved involves returning to non-superhero levels, wouldn't that end up leaving her incredibly dead?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Helck will give her his genes, giving her super regeneration.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Captain Invictus posted:

Art bad

Then, art good

Yes
I miss Helck's big nose.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean I sorta miss his goofy half-fat face but oh my god is he handsome

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I do not miss the massive, massive forehead

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Everything inbetween

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Wow the last couple chapters were starting to slip into shounen tropes but this just turned the dial up to 11, in a really good way. This is approaching TTGL levels of BURNING SPIRIT.

edit: but I don't get what happened on this page, did the bad guy get repelled by Helck's resolve or was there an actual attack...?

ANIME AKBAR fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 17, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Uh, which panel in particular are you referring to? There's no attack. Rafaed's charging something up on the first panel with Alicia flying above, Rafaed sees Helck's determination and how he's not giving in despite facing off against Alicia, knows he doesn't stand a chance against Helck, and then gets the heck outta Dodge.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Oh now I see that spiky energy coming from off panel is from the spell he was about to use, not from Helck.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HELCK

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Anne from management happened

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
I don't know how to feel about the direction the series is going to take after this last chapter. Not that I expected anything different, just thought it would've taken a bit longer to reach this point.
If this ever gets canceled, I wonder how the autor is going to handle exposing the rest of the world.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It's weird to see Vamirio this ... giddy. "YES! LET'S SAVE THE HUMANS! WHEE! HAHAHAHA! IN YOUR FACE, EVIL TELEPORT WIZARD!"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Brace yourselves, humans. Anne from management is gonna save the gently caress out of you.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Vamirio really does care about Helck :unsmith:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mirage posted:

It's weird to see Vamirio this ... giddy. "YES! LET'S SAVE THE HUMANS! WHEE! HAHAHAHA! IN YOUR FACE, EVIL TELEPORT WIZARD!"

She's been second-guessing and doubting since the very first chapter, so it's gotta feel pretty nice to finally feel in control again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as we saw in the first few chapters, she really, really enjoys being loud and overly dramatic

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I, too, enjoy vamirio being loud and overly dramatic

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

chumbler posted:

He will be saved from being an edgelord after Anne from management gives him another good belittling.

I believe in Anne from management and in her enthusiasm.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sharuami will save Rafaed with the power of love

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Rafaed isn't a victim, he is one of the dudes who started all this. He has spoken to the king and Mikaros as equals in every scene they have been together.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If I had to make a guess on Rafaed's backstory, he was probably an idealistic young noble who thought he could fix all the world's problems, was faced with the corruption and cruelty of man and fell into despair, and Mikaros and the King basically "convinced" him further because they needed his daughter for the spell. He's so intent on having Helck give up because he sees himself in Helck and is convinced the world will destroy Helck the same way it did him. Throughout their encounters, he's been telling Helck to just leave it all behind and forget and live the rest of his life in peace.

He's not a victim of his own plans, of course, but he's a victim nonetheless.

e: Well I guess you could make the argument that he's a victim of his own plans; whereas Mikaros seems completely lost and indulgent in what's happening, Rafaed only carries a grim acceptance, saying that this was all unavoidable. An attitude that was only exacerbated when things really got rolling.

Terper fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 17, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rafaed is full of poo poo, though. it wasn't unavoidable. none of this crap could ever have happened if he hadn't used his daughter. there would be a bunch of awakened humans, sure, but not the entire human population.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well of course. That attitude is what makes him an antagonist and villain. But he's definitely not showing an irredeemable attitude like Mikaros is. If someone can show him the light and a way out, he can be saved.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Good for you, Anne from management.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mod please rename the thread ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Mod please rename everyone moderating this forum ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT.

• Locked thread