Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Give it a month or so for resident Ratchet LPer kalonZombie to give a crack at it, as he's done literally every other game in the series.

The only thing that jumps to mind was Chip doing a stream of it when it came out, so you can watch it on his youtube channel here.

I need my fix now.

Also I already saw the ones on Chip and Volition's channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone have a good Fallout 4 LP? I don't want to watch some idiot on a scarecam.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I like Vanillaware's art stylization, but I hate their depiction of characters in Dragon's Crown, despite the sidescrolling beat-em-up being one of my favorite genres that they've apparently done right. Does anybody know of a comprehensive playthrough of the game that touches on the classes, but doesn't involve youtube nerds panting heavily when they pick their sole character of Sorceress for their playthrough? I'd prefer a girl to narrate/play, if possible, because I just want to see how the game progresses as a loveletter to both beat-em-up games and the D&D campaigns it's based on, not have a dude explain for the umpteenth time that they picked a poo poo character with large boobs when they should have done x instead, oh woe is them

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

Sociopastry posted:

Does anyone have a good Fallout 4 LP? I don't want to watch some idiot on a scarecam.

He's been mentioned an almost worrying amount of times in this thread, but Many A True Nerd on youtube does really good Fallout videos. He has some youtube superstar traits but he's mostly tolerable and his passion and knowledge on the fallout games is really top notch.

He's currently doing a No Gun run which demonstrates how ridiculously overpowered melee is, and also a no limitations Survival run which Bethesda have made surprisingly difficult. His new vegas videos are my personal favorite.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

TwoDayLife posted:

Maybe give Blackout a shot: http://lparchive.org/Blackout/

Clay animated Scandinavian surreal horror noir adventure game.

Danish to be exact

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010
In the military history thread in ask/tell, there was discussion of a multiplayer LP run by Grey Hunter, which sounded like an amazing clusterfuck, anyone have an idea which it is?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Griffball posted:

In the military history thread in ask/tell, there was discussion of a multiplayer LP run by Grey Hunter, which sounded like an amazing clusterfuck, anyone have an idea which it is?

Can't link at the moment but the game was called Over The Top, had an allied, axis, and spectator thread.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
are there anymore paradox goon multiplayer lps?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
One is going on right now.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

thecluckmeme posted:

I like Vanillaware's art stylization, but I hate their depiction of characters in Dragon's Crown, despite the sidescrolling beat-em-up being one of my favorite genres that they've apparently done right. Does anybody know of a comprehensive playthrough of the game that touches on the classes, but doesn't involve youtube nerds panting heavily when they pick their sole character of Sorceress for their playthrough? I'd prefer a girl to narrate/play, if possible, because I just want to see how the game progresses as a loveletter to both beat-em-up games and the D&D campaigns it's based on, not have a dude explain for the umpteenth time that they picked a poo poo character with large boobs when they should have done x instead, oh woe is them

Not quite what you asked for, but EpicNameBro did a pretty passable 1cc lp of the game. It's only as the fighter, and he's a dude, but he's not a total creep as well as being pretty good at the game.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Herbotron posted:

Not quite what you asked for, but EpicNameBro did a pretty passable 1cc lp of the game. It's only as the fighter, and he's a dude, but he's not a total creep as well as being pretty good at the game.

He's still kind of a creep

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

FicusArt posted:

He's still kind of a creep

Only occasionally, but yeah, a few pretty egregious examples could be pointed out.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Herbotron posted:

Only occasionally, but yeah, a few pretty egregious examples could be pointed out.

In literally every episode he smacks a lady to make her boobs jiggle and zooms in on it, or smacks a guy and explains repeatedly how it makes the lady smacking in first half of the lp ok because he's doing it to a guy now, and this guy stumbles, that's sexy right, he probably has a dick or something, maybe if you squint you can see it up his tunic lol. Or he's drooling over every picture of a woman in the game before stammering out some excuse about how it's not sexism.

FicusArt fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 17, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FicusArt posted:

In literally every episode he smacks a lady to make her boobs jiggle and zooms in on it, or smacks a guy and explains repeatedly how it makes the lady smacking in first half of the lp ok because he's doing it to a guy now, and this guy stumbles, that's sexy right, he probably has a dick or something, maybe if you squint you can see it up his tunic lol. Or he's drooling over every picture of a woman in the game before stammering out some excuse about how it's not sexism.

wwwwwwwwwhat

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

FicusArt posted:

In literally every episode he smacks a lady to make her boobs jiggle, or smacks a guy and explains repeatedly how it makes the first half of the lp ok because 'see this guy stumbles, that's sexy right, he probably has a dick or something.' Or he's drooling over every picture of a woman in the game before stammering out some excuse about how it's not sexism.

That's worse than I remember, that's what I get for having mostly had it on in the background. Recommendation mostly rescinded in that case. At least he's still pretty good at the game I guess.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Herbotron posted:

That's worse than I remember, that's what I get for having mostly had it on in the background. Recommendation mostly rescinded in that case. At least he's still pretty good at the game I guess.

Too bad he's no good at being a person HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
For how hyped this guy he's really obnoxious and it baffles me that NorthernLion is more entertaining and almost more competent than him at DS3.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone done .hack//G.U. Rebirth?

I'm asking because I just read the .hack//IMOQ stuff, watched the Luminality and SIGN poo poo, and so now after watching Links GU should be next. I'd rather not play the games because they look really loving boring.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Turtlicious posted:

I'm asking because I just read the .hack//IMOQ stuff, watched the Luminality and SIGN poo poo, and so now after watching Links GU should be next. I'd rather not play the games because they look really loving boring.

On the LP masterlist it only looks like one person even tried, and they didn't finish the trilogy.

As for a decent set of youtube VLPs of the games, check out NakaTeleeli's LPs: Playlist here. He gripes about the games, but he does all three of them and it's a way to see the plot without getting them yourself. Fair warning though, it's been years since I watched them so no clue about any quality dips.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Funny, I was just about to post those same videos. They're early material so might not be so good.
Coincidentally, I think he also did Dragon's Crown with his fiancee? EDIT: I'm wrong, she joins for a few episodes but it's mostly another dude.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 18, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

On the LP masterlist it only looks like one person even tried, and they didn't finish the trilogy.

As for a decent set of youtube VLPs of the games, check out NakaTeleeli's LPs: Playlist here. He gripes about the games, but he does all three of them and it's a way to see the plot without getting them yourself. Fair warning though, it's been years since I watched them so no clue about any quality dips.

I'm giving this guy a shot because I turned on an episode of Paper Mario TTYD and it's dual-wielding commentators so that's already got my interest.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Is there a good Dark Souls 3 LP out there yet? Tried watching 2BFP and ENB but I just couldn't get into them for some reason.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Turtlicious posted:

It's on my to-do list at some point in the future.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Highwang posted:

Is there a good Dark Souls 3 LP out there yet? Tried watching 2BFP and ENB but I just couldn't get into them for some reason.

CJacobs is doing one at the moment.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Highwang posted:

Dazzling Addar is doing a blind runthrough and then a second, not-blind runthrough

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Where can I find a good VLP of System Shock 2? I've never actually seen the game in action for some reason, so the more informative the better.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

ProfessorProf posted:

Where can I find a good VLP of System Shock 2? I've never actually seen the game in action for some reason, so the more informative the better.
Psychedelic Eyeball has got you covered.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Highwang posted:

Also Rojo's doing a DS3 LP too that probably needs some more love too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Angrymog is also doing a Dark Souls 3 LP in the casual thread! There are a lot of them going around at the moment. :v:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'd like a recommendation for a finished video lp of someone playing some highly difficult game at a high level of skill, preferably with more than one commentator. Speedrunning optional.

edit: And yes I've already watched the revengence lp.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 19, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
AccountingNightmare's LPs of the Devil May Cry series are very skillful, mostly flashy but not speedy.
James315 did a pretty skillful LP of Battlefield 1942 (yes, the online FPS). So skillful that you can count the number of matches where he didn't rank first on one hand. It's pretty old by now though, maybe a little janky for 2016.
Stuntman by TyrantSable might be the most brutally hard and unforgiving driving game i've ever seen. Not sure if you can call it skillful, but the finished stunt run for a level at least looks pretty skillful. :v:

All of them single commentator, though.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Super Meat Boy by Psychedelic Eyeball and Wugga is what you're looking for. Psych beats the game and then tackles some of the better user made levels, Wugga does iron man runs through each chapter without dying. I can't remember if there's any co-commentary outside of the super meat world levels. Either way, good LP, difficult game, high skill.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Anything Dectilon has done? If he had commentators I don't remember

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Scaramouche posted:

Anything Dectilon has done? If he had commentators I don't remember
He did a few romhacks with Phiggle and those were all quite great.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

HenryEx posted:

Stuntman by TyrantSable might be the most brutally hard and unforgiving driving game i've ever seen. Not sure if you can call it skillful, but the finished stunt run for a level at least looks pretty skillful. :v:
It absolutely is. It's not just memorizing the stunt run and where all the explosions and things are, but your precision driving skills really have to be on point if you want to complete some of the later scenes (let alone 100% them).

This game was made by the people who brought us Driver on the PSX, well known for its tutorial being too hard for many players.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

jon joe posted:

I'd like a recommendation for a finished video lp of someone playing some highly difficult game at a high level of skill, preferably with more than one commentator. Speedrunning optional.

edit: And yes I've already watched the revengence lp.

Smite's Rogue Legacy LP goes down as one of my favorite high skill SA LPs, and he has a different guest commentator on each video.

He has a video where he speedruns the game and brings 2 speedrun guys to discuss the run/strategies, it's interesting as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRFOD5P0K28

I'm interested to see more suggestions of high skill LPs too, I love speedruns but usually hate the commentary on them.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

HenryEx posted:

AccountingNightmare's LPs of the Devil May Cry series are very skillful, mostly flashy but not speedy.
I loving love that you skipped DMC2. :allears:

CJacobs posted:

Angrymog is also doing a Dark Souls 3 LP in the casual thread! There are a lot of them going around at the moment. :v:
Speaking of the casual thread, have there been any Metro: Last Light LPs?
I was considering making a "baby's first LP" of sorts of it for the casual thread; I checked the master list but couldn't find anything.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone did Last Light (or 2033 redux, for that matter); still, it really shouldn't matter for considering doing an LP.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
So I started checking out Smite's channel after making my suggestion and found out he's been involved with some Nuclear Throne races in a semi-official setting with 3 commentators and dozens of racers, I don't know a ton about Nuclear Throne but I'm finding the races really interesting as each race is best of 5 1v1 in a single elimination bracket, the commentators have good chemistry and provide interesting insight, the runners range from just very good to godlike which makes for some interesting imbalanced matches, plus the format forces them to choose different characters for each leg which puts even the best players out of their comfort zones.

Sorry for the essay. I like games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg4ry7SSc5Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Can anyone suggest a LP that I can just leave on in the background while I'm doing other things? I just finished watching Geop's Dark Souls LP, and have already watched most of the other usual recommendations already.