Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/732378068908703744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

beatlegs posted:

Wasn't it just one former Facebook worker who claims a group of them did the "censoring"? Or am I wrong?

It was and anyone who actually read the article would also have seen the examples of censorship that one source provided: loads of bullshit and/or conspiracy theories

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

It's beautiful

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

WHy the gently caress would you post that?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

How the hell can this be interpreted in any other way than 'I wanna gently caress my mom!"

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

In his panic to assure everyone he's not gay he hosed up and told everyone he wants to gently caress his Mom.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Kumaton posted:

How the hell can this be interpreted in any other way than 'I wanna gently caress my mom!"
koro?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

It's beautiful on so many levels.

Even if you're apolitical and don't give a poo poo about Crowder? You're laughing your rear end off and making fun of him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

WHy the gently caress would you post that?

I don't understand this question. Is it saying that posting Steven Crowder in a situation that non-sociopaths can laugh at is a bad thing? :confused:

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

RareAcumen posted:

I don't understand this question. Is it saying that posting Steven Crowder in a situation that non-sociopaths can laugh at is a bad thing? :confused:

More like, why, even as universal-class dipshit Steven Dumbfuck Crowder, would you ever think posting that isn't a complete fuckup.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

:potg::holymoley:

This has set a wonderful tone for the rest of the week. Thank you for posting this.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPr-8jsBODQ

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Playstation 4 posted:

More like, why, even as universal-class dipshit Steven Dumbfuck Crowder, would you ever think posting that isn't a complete fuckup.

Ohhhhhh, I thought the question was directed at me personally and not Crowder. I see where the wires got tangled now.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Necc0 posted:

It was and anyone who actually read the article would also have seen the examples of censorship that one source provided: loads of bullshit and/or conspiracy theories

So naturally, none of the conservatives whining about the "bias" ever knew anything about it. Perpetual outrage trumps truth every time.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Poor Crowder...He thought he'd sound so tough telling a detractor that "I eat pieces of poo poo like you for breakfast."

:sigh: Oh well...

EDIT

https://twitter.com/ZackBudryk/status/732369895543934980

:vince:

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 17, 2016

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
There appears to be someone going through all the "Steve wants to gently caress his mom" replies to explain to them that wasn't the joke.

Twitter can end now. This is the best thing it will have ever done.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hermetic posted:

Poor Crowder...He thought he'd sound so tough telling a detractor that "I eat pieces of poo poo like you for breakfast."

:sigh: Oh well...

EDIT

https://twitter.com/ZackBudryk/status/732369895543934980

:vince:

Chowder spends so much time pretending to be the smartest guy in the room he's never really learned anything. That tweet is Dunning-Kruger given form.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Flobbster posted:

Spin up a completely separate clone of Facebook in some data center somewhere that lets conservatives post whatever they want and migrate their accounts there and off the main site. Please.

The new site will be called Safespacebook.

They already sort of trie something like this. It was called ConservativeBook or Reagan Book or Freedombook. Something like that. It was dumb and hilarious.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

RareAcumen posted:

Sorry, I was asking why Crowder would post that. Because it sounds like he wants to gently caress his mom.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crowder isn't smart.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Everyone's favorite sack of goo, Todd Starnes, had to chime in with his own "Facebook hates guys like me". Enjoy!

Right Wing Media: I Am The Bad Boy Of Facebook

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

They already sort of trie something like this. It was called ConservativeBook or Reagan Book or Freedombook. Something like that. It was dumb and hilarious.

Yeah, and liberals (including SA) trolled it out of business.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah, and liberals (including SA) trolled it out of business.

It was like 95% goons that tore down Reaganbook, and it was glorious. An entire Facebook clone with no email validation for account creation as well as everyone sharing the same wall. The most glorious moment was when some Goon realized that you could upload gifs.

The resulting tsunami of trans port ground the server to a halt. The last thing I saw before they pulled the plug was a gift of a bunch of gay dudes jacking off on the Confederate flag.

Truly it was some of SA's best work.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Drudge brings back his concern troll A-game

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Drudge brings back his concern troll A-game

This sounds like my Dad. He keeps asking me, "How can you be ok with how the Democratic Party is treating Bernie?! They're stealing the election from him!" My reply is always, "Well...more people are voting for Hillary. It's pretty straightforward." Granted, he's a typical Northeastern Republican and he just hates the Clintons THAT much.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Minenfeld! posted:

This sounds like my Dad. He keeps asking me, "How can you be ok with how the Democratic Party is treating Bernie?! They're stealing the election from him!" My reply is always, "Well...more people are voting for Hillary. It's pretty straightforward." Granted, he's a typical Northeastern Republican and he just hates the Clintons THAT much.

"Dad, I am a Democrat, therefore my life is not an eternally tortuous existence. I'll get over Bernie losing."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Prester Jane posted:

It was like 95% goons that tore down Reaganbook, and it was glorious. An entire Facebook clone with no email validation for account creation as well as everyone sharing the same wall. The most glorious moment was when some Goon realized that you could upload gifs.

The resulting tsunami of trans port ground the server to a halt. The last thing I saw before they pulled the plug was a gift of a bunch of gay dudes jacking off on the Confederate flag.

Truly it was some of SA's best work.

And they should totally repeat history because there's no way conservatism could fail at creating a walled social network garden again, right?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I mean Bernie had his chance, he didn't do well enough early enough to shake off the perception that he wasn't going to win. And now that perception has become reality.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Thread Title idea: Steven Crowder is a mother fucker

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Feinne posted:

I mean Bernie had his chance, he didn't do well enough early enough to shake off the perception that he wasn't going to win. And now that perception has become reality.

More like...
Bernie wasn't so wildly successful long enough, consistently enough that he could drown out the constant media and party narrative that his campaign was a futile effort.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lmao He's trying to sound SOOOO smart

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Kumaton posted:

"Returning to the womb."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Chilichimp posted:

More like...
Bernie wasn't so wildly successful long enough, consistently enough that he could drown out the constant media and party narrative that his campaign was a futile effort.

I mean, it certainly couldn't be that a candidate whose policies and voting record are tailored to appeal to a demographic which is significantly further to the left might not be as popular as one with a more centrist background aiming for broader appeal.

It must have been that dastardly media!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah this isn't creepy Tony Perkins

quote:

“We’re talking about our children,” he said. “We’re talking about the next generation. We’re talking about our children emotionally being scarred.”

Perkins then compared the situation to the biblical story of Sodom and Gomorrah, in which Lot responds to a mob that wants to have sex with two angels that are inside his house by unsuccessfully offering up his two virgin daughters instead.

“I think this is a Genesis 19 moment,” he said. “This is a Lot moment where we’re going to decide whether or not we’re going to shove our children out the door in the pursuit of some false promise of temporal peace, and we know how that worked out.”

“It is wrong to surrender our children to a godless system that this president is promoting,” he said.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/tony-perkins-obama-wants-us-surrender-our-children

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Aaaand then Lot got drunk later on and boinked his daughters, so there is that as well.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The crowd refused to have sex with the daughters but Lot didn't so I'm not sure what lesson I'm supposed to be learning here.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

MrUnderbridge posted:

Oh, man, there were some beyootiful threads back then about Libertopia, Seasteading, etc. and some grade-A fiction about same.

Any goons have links to those gems?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B266OPeGFR5LUjY2OGk1R2tfUFk

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
It's not as though there's a great track record of people understanding the point of the Soddom and Gomorrah legend anyway.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Lot offering his daughters portrayed as the right thing to do in that situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Keeshhound posted:

It's not as though there's a great track record of people understanding the point of the Soddom and Gomorrah legend anyway.

Don't you remeber the part where one of the angels goes off on a long rant about how Homosexuality is the Greatest Sin Ever and that if Lott didn't correct it the God would eventually send hurricanes to the United States?