Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Daniel Bryan posted:

LMAO he's still melting down

It's so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Someone should really set up a counter for this.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

It's so good

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/732412151244132353

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Probably up there with Thomas Midley Jr in people the planet's most happy having as a corpse.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

DemeaninDemon posted:

Probably up there with Thomas Midley Jr in people the planet's most happy having as a corpse.

I want to write a one-man play of Midley's life.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Warcabbit posted:

I want to write a one-man play of Midley's life.

Poison things then kill yourself using a comical Rube Goldberg machine?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

What in God's name is this election.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tbh I'm jealous of Rubio's source

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Evil Fluffy posted:

He literally poo poo himself for several weeks as part of his plot to get out of the draft during Vietnam. Among the tough-talking patriotic right wing chickenhawks he's one of the biggest hypocrites they have.

Nothing will top Dick Cheney being a draft dodger and then serving as Secretary of Defense under Bush and pulling the strings during Dubya's War on Terror.

I mean, Dubya dodged the draft too, but at least he was in the National Guard.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Xanderkish posted:

What in God's name is this election.

Politicians are trying on this global telepathy machine thing on for size and their idiot staffers aren't wrestling it away from them fast enough before they say what's actually on their minds.

In short: :justpost:, Election Edition!

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Okay I legit laughed at this one.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
It sounds like the kind of humor you use when you've had a panic attack and are easing back into reality with bad jokes.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

DemeaninDemon posted:

Not sure what you're trying to say here beyond "yeah he's king gently caress stick of gently caress stick mountain."

Just that the draft dodger story is possibly not true. But yeah, king gently caress stick of gently caress stick mountain regardless.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

KittenofDoom posted:

It sounds like the kind of humor you use when you've had a panic attack and are easing back into reality with bad jokes.

Rubio is trembling, he's got blood all over one side of his face, somebody else's blood, and he delivers the jokes fast, with a flat affect, almost no pauses, then lapses into a high-pitched frantic laughter, that seems to go on forever, before he breaks down into uncontrollable sobs.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Warcabbit posted:

I'm just going to point out that he was not reading them. He was correcting them, with black marker, to send back to their writers. He's done it for years.

Also he had a swimsuit pic of an ex wife. Yuuugggeee class there.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
that pic wasfrom some people story on the adventures of orange donald :eng101:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Mr Hootington posted:

Trump just wants people talking about him and being in control. He has succeeded wildly. This is a guy who took a picture of himself eating a taco salad that was on top of newspapers and magazines, that one could assume he was reading, with stories about him.

hmm yes it is definitely a sure thing that caitlyn jenner will become the first woman president in a landslide victory in 2020 after two terms of trump.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

GalacticAcid posted:

It's so good

The source on that last tweet has to be inaccurate because there's no way Rubio is actually going to attend a debate in the Senate.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

hmm yes it is definitely a sure thing that caitlyn jenner will become the first woman president in a landslide victory in 2020 after two terms of trump.

Your post is stupid. I never said Trump was winning the presidency. He will not. Hillary Clinton will be the first woman president. Two terms would end in 2024 since each term is 4 years. Caitlyn Jenner would be considered the first trans president if elected.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

KittenofDoom posted:

Or, more likely, doing lots of coke.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I like how people still defend Uber when they do things like this:

https://twitter.com/groditi/status/732417874627678210

You can now be paid via Clearbanc debit card when you sign up to drive for Uber in CA and MI. And they'll even give you a $1,000 cash advance with no interest if you're a new driver! Almost like they're looking for people who this would greatly appeal to. And then someone went through the Clearbanc terms and... they charge a $2/day service charge every day you have an outstanding loan, the equivalent of a 36.5% interest rate. At Detroit mileage rates (which they keep cutting), the average driver will never make enough to pay it off.

I hope you didn't also buy a new car through Uber at exorbitant finance rates...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Technically people are right when they said that the gig economy is going to be disruptive and change the labor workforce as we know it.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

You can now be paid via Clearbanc debit card when you sign up to drive for Uber in CA and MI. And they'll even give you a $1,000 cash advance with no interest if you're a new driver! Almost like they're looking for people who this would greatly appeal to. And then someone went through the Clearbanc terms and... they charge a $2/day service charge every day you have an outstanding loan, the equivalent of a 36.5% interest rate. At Detroit mileage rates (which they keep cutting), the average driver will never make enough to pay it off.

I hope you didn't also buy a new car through Uber at exorbitant finance rates...

I'd be a lot more accepting of technolibertarians and rear end in a top hat financers if one was selected via an annual lottery to be sacrificed Aztec-style on the steps of the NYSE to appease Mammon. But for some reason no one wants to run on that platform.

citybeatnik fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 17, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

That sounds like something that is JUUUUUST skirting legality because laws having caught up to some technicality yet.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Radish posted:

That sounds like something that is JUUUUUST skirting legality because laws having caught up to some technicality yet.

It's ~disruption~! The future!

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Radish posted:

Why yes you've found Uber's primary business model.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

So apparently if you change jobs, your new employer can refuse to give you health insurance for 90 days, and your previous employer can cancel your insurance immediately. Your only options are to buy your old plan at full price, go on a spouse or parent's plan if eligible, buy an individual plan, or just get hosed and go without for three months. Which means you need to do complicated price analysis twice during a job change to gain coverage for those three months, or just gamble with your life. This is after the ACA.

None of this would be true if we just had UHC like a first world country.

Can we just start murdering Republicans yet? I'm loving sick of these trash humans.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Star Man posted:

Nothing will top Dick Cheney being a draft dodger and then serving as Secretary of Defense under Bush and pulling the strings during Dubya's War on Terror.

I mean, Dubya dodged the draft too, but at least he was in the National Guard.

Bush wasn't in the National Guard, he was in the Texas Air National Guard, a militia under the oversight of the Gov of Texas. He was in no greater risk of going into combat then Cheney.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ColdPie posted:

Can we just start murdering Republicans yet? I'm loving sick of these trash humans.

Best not. Easy to spin that wheel, hard to tell where and when it'll stop.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Wrap it up Bernailures. You have accomplished nothing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/732586745481547776

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ColdPie posted:

So apparently if you change jobs, your new employer can refuse to give you health insurance for 90 days, and your previous employer can cancel your insurance immediately. Your only options are to buy your old plan at full price, go on a spouse or parent's plan if eligible, buy an individual plan, or just get hosed and go without for three months. Which means you need to do complicated price analysis twice during a job change to gain coverage for those three months, or just gamble with your life. This is after the ACA.

You've never heard of COBRA until now?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

ColdPie posted:

Here's some info on the average bronze plan from the exchanges lol.

https://twitter.com/ethangach/status/732575393132236800

:suicide:

Written by Matt Yglesias, who says that third-world building safety standards are a product of their culture and if they don't like them they can move to the US.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ColdPie posted:

No also quite a few dems are fine with this. Now if you want to open some labor camps for the alt right and the openly pro oligarchs. Be my guest time to make some examples.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Filthy Hans posted:

Bush wasn't in the National Guard, he was in the Texas Air National Guard, a militia under the oversight of the Gov of Texas. He was in no greater risk of going into combat then Cheney.

Air National Guard units were deployed to Vietnam after Tet, you know. Colorado, New Mexico, New York, and Iowa units were deployed.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

These motherfuckers must think their poo poo doesn't stink. Haven't cases like this been decided over and over again?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You've never heard of COBRA until now?

I've had the same employer for almost a decade, no reason to look into it. My fiancee is changing jobs and I am loving furious about this bullshit now that I'm learning about it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

And you wanted to get into a losing battle with the Feds with billions of dollars at stake about bathroom policing.

I hope Abbott gets what he wanted come November. :angel:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Written by Matt Yglesias, who says that third-world building safety standards are a product of their culture and if they don't like them they can move to the US.

That isn't what he said. Good lord you're an idiot sometimes.

ColdPie posted:

I've had the same employer for almost a decade, no reason to look into it. My fiancee is changing jobs and I am loving furious about this bullshit now that I'm learning about it.

COBRA (and that general practice) have been around for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Party Plane Jones posted:

Air National Guard units were deployed to Vietnam after Tet, you know. Colorado, New Mexico, New York, and Iowa units were deployed.

I did not and should do more research before I open my stupid mouth

• Locked thread