Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

flythroughtime and showing Xenoverse's cover as one of the images, i think it's a pretty safe bet

announce it now and then show it off at e3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fingers crossed they killed the RNG and massively improved the wardrobe.

I'd prefer that over new races (though I'd obviously take those)

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice
I loved that last episode. Family nonsense between serious stuff always makes Dragon Ball/Z/Super shine.
Also thanks to the Pilaf gang, we discovered not only can Pan already fly, she can also Go Super Saiyan Poo. :rimshot:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if this doesn't happen in super I'm gonna be furious

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Don't worry, Gohan will definitely be 100% defeated before getting a single punch in again during Super.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Super Saiyan 4 isn't canon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Super Saiyan 4 isn't canon.

yet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they'll go super cyan instead of ss4, problem solved

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh hey, this is cool as hell. Goku vs Hit, recreated on Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko54svKIqcs

:eyepop:
I had no idea that modding this game was even possible!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's really the tip of the iceberg. There are mods for loads of characters and lighting, music, textures.

I've never been able to find a good place that collects them into one though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's really the tip of the iceberg. There are mods for loads of characters and lighting, music, textures.

I've never been able to find a good place that collects them into one though.

And strangely
Theyre all brazilian modders.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Not all that strange, there's a reason Bandai's anime games have added with Spanish and Portuguese dubs.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone else notice on that Fly Through Time thing that the images are a little wonky and fan-arty?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Anyone else notice on that Fly Through Time thing that the images are a little wonky and fan-arty?

A tad

It's actually all official art by the anime crew so it makes some of the DB era stuff look a little off model.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Goddamn GT is so terrible. There's really nothing redeeming about it, is there? Mustache aside, of course.

Put me in the camp of people who loved this last episode of Super. I had a giant poo poo eating grin on my face the entire episode. Watching Goku struggle to be a normal dude is always a treat, and seeing him show more of a paternal side was desperately needed for his character. I loved the shot of the Son family all sleeping in bed together. Chichi's hair was even down and she looked like she did in the 23rd Budoukai.

Pikkoyo~

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just wish they'd hurry up and finish the final season of Kai. I got my wife hooked on DBZ a while back, and she's seen the new movies, but she has absolutely no context for Buu or Videl. She's about 5 months pregnant right now, so if they release it before the baby is born, it would be good binge watching material.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yup, it's Xenoverse 2.

Edit: Have a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7B7ZvcrOXQ

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Those graphics look sick.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Yup, it's Xenoverse 2.

Edit: Have a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7B7ZvcrOXQ

Huh. The fact they mention "outcomes you wish were different" makes me wonder if the gimmick of Xenoverse 2 is that you can CREATE What-If scenarios instead of STOPPING them this time, and thus help Bardock figth Frieza and win or whatever,

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It seems like it'll be interesting though the trailer does little to differentiate it from XV1.

http://www.dragonballxenoverse2.com/

This will be the site when it starts working, it's what the countdown lead to.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Official site is getting hammered. I guess lotsa people are interested.

Actually a bit surprised that they didn't show any Super content in the trailer.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hmm, memorial of some sort to the previous main character?

I wonder if that implies that it will look at your old save file and import some of that information. I desperately hope they learned from some of their missteps in the previous game, but if this is anything like it, I'll play the everloving gently caress out of it regardless.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2: Now with budget!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if xenoverse 2 can fix the problems with the first game, I will be really happy. it was a cool game but really flawed at the same time

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was hoping for a 2017 release, poo poo. My wallet can't take this.

I should be happy it is released this year but holy poo poo that's two Dragon Ball games this year that look genuinely cool and interesting. This one takes priority though, Xenoverse is the game I have most hours in on Steam, and this one's likely following the same path. Hell, I've done some pretty sweet stuff in the first like taking photos with every master cosplaying as them. Even with all its flaws, I find it the single most fun DB game, and man am I excited for more of that!

And "outcomes you wish were different" is exciting, this time it might actually do interesting stuff with the time travel premise. Can't wait!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Xenoverse 2 is going to be the greatest game ever made.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also I hope they separate stats from clothing.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drat, now I have to get a current gen console.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Wait what other dragon ball game?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

zelah posted:

Wait what other dragon ball game?

Could be the 3DS fusion one

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pureauthor posted:

Official site is getting hammered. I guess lotsa people are interested.

Actually a bit surprised that they didn't show any Super content in the trailer.

Imagine that is saved for DLC since Super is moving so fast they probably didn't have time to get it modeled for the game.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Please let xenoverse 2 be less grindy.

also please make unlocking specials and gear and stuff less dumb.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

For all of its flaws, Xenoverse 1 is still in my top five DBZ games so I am unreasonably hyped for this. Hopefully they listened to feedback and cut down on the grind and RNG along with just doing more with the changing timelines story.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rirse posted:

Imagine that is saved for DLC since Super is moving so fast they probably didn't have time to get it modeled for the game.
My guess is that the Universe 6 vs. Universe 7 Tournament is probably the newest Super content we could expect in Xenoverse 2 that isn't DLC.

And even then we might only go up to the Frieza movie, but with a story this time.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Monaghan posted:

Please let xenoverse 2 be less grindy.

also please make unlocking specials and gear and stuff less dumb.

Without some of the grinding in Xenoverse the game would be a LOT shorter. For the most part, I didn't mind doing different quests several times, the game was fun to play! I didn't appreciate however the RNG in the "Ultimate Finish". I cleared all of the requirements, why is it then random if the mission keeps going!

Of course the fighting system is extremely broken with stuff like Super Saiyan. The drop rates of items being such a drag, and specifically the unfun grinding to get dragon balls. :(

However, just levelling up? That was still a fun 'Grind'

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just hope that other races get access to a super mode this time, beside the Kaio-ken. Let the Saiyans keep their SSJ, but give Friezas a transformation, humans access to an Infinite Energy Drive they can only turn on for a few seconds at a time, things like that. Give everybody unlimited supers like the Saiyans.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Watching the new Super and I can't believe fussy grandpa Piccoyo is a real thing. This is his life now, and he enjoys it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

projecthalaxy posted:

I just hope that other races get access to a super mode this time, beside the Kaio-ken. Let the Saiyans keep their SSJ, but give Friezas a transformation, humans access to an Infinite Energy Drive they can only turn on for a few seconds at a time, things like that. Give everybody unlimited supers like the Saiyans.

I hope all races have access to God Ki and it just acts differently for every race. Saiyans go blue, frezias/aliens have their transformations or special quirks, humans get a temporary Infinite Energy and they all have disadvantages or advantages over other race's inherent God Ki specifics, yet no race is just all powerful blue hurricane spam.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want Pilaf's phone background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, Freezas can just go Gold and purple! It's the perfect power up

• Locked thread