Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Numismancer posted:

I'm sure you'll come to love our strategy of weaponized sadism, since its innocent precursor - weaponized boredom - got so much screaming and howling about lack of fairness and a dearth of self-esteem trophies for your whole class that it was all you lot could whine about for years.

That, then, was us being gentle and good citizens.

Shouldn't you update your avatar at this point...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

feedmegin posted:

You can do it for him.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

evilweasel posted:

The entire north just collapsed and Goonswarm was pretty much the last remaining part of the old NC. It was reasonable at the time, just botched.

Hmm, but we weren't part of the NC attack on the East. I'm sure I remember that whole thing being separate from and some time after the old NC falling to bits.

Either way, starting a war against Goonswarm by hitting its capital system, without any attempt at attrition at all, was an 'interesting' choice.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

feedmegin posted:

Why bother, it'll be accurate again in a couple of months :smug:

.wintermute
Feb 28, 2007

pk irl

Chill and look at dat fukken katte

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Isn't Vicodin just hydrocodone and Tylenol in the same pill? Did they up the dose of hydrocodone you're getting in it?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

Isn't Vicodin just hydrocodone and Tylenol in the same pill? Did they up the dose of hydrocodone you're getting in it?

It's 375mg so whatever that means

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

feedmegin posted:

Hmm, but we weren't part of the NC attack on the East. I'm sure I remember that whole thing being separate from and some time after the old NC falling to bits.

Either way, starting a war against Goonswarm by hitting its capital system, without any attempt at attrition at all, was an 'interesting' choice.

no, the war in the east is why the NC fell; you had terrible alliances like RAGE and BR1CK invading the drone regions, and then it all came to a head in Geminate with a 1-week slog, which the old NC lost

at that point NCDOT+PL+WN.+RAIDEN+RUSRUS cruised across the north, because after geminate the will of the old NC was broken and it proved that ~space democracy~ doesn't work

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Okay, serious talk. What the gently caress is with these loving pants ridiculous inconsistent PL/NC capital fits. Seems like 3/4 of them are significantly different (i.e. not just varying degrees of pimping) from each other. In order of death:

* HYDRA Apostle -- no capital capacitor mids, got neuted out instantly
* PL Revelation -- HAW -- Heavy injectors, double rep but triple heatsink, heavy neut
* PL Naglfar -- Not HAW -- Cheapo T1 guns / T2 tank fit, no option high; armor tank fit on a postpatch Nag = took less damage than most clownshoes
* PL Naglfar -- Not HAW -- 500MN MWD, no option high, but at least he has the right tank fit, and took 3x the damage of the above clown before he died
* PL Naglfar -- HAW -- Probably the best fit thus far, although capital core defense capacitor safeguard rigs seem questionable.
* PL Revelation -- Not HAW -- 4.7B X-type fit, no injectors, no option high
* NC Apostle -- Reactor control? Large (battleship-sized) capacitor battery? Local tank rigs? I mean, sure, you're trying to cram on 8 cap mods onto one hull, but this seems less than ideal
* PL Apostle -- pretty normal two-rep-one-transfer fit
* PL Apostle -- pretty normal three-rep fit
* NC Apostle -- Another weird NC one
* PL Apostle -- super weak cap regen, triple stacked EANMs
* NC Apostle -- Another weird NC one, this one crams NINE capital mods onto the hull with that RCU. Three cap reps, a cap transfer, two cap injectors, two cap reps, and the capital hull energizer.
* NC Apostle -- Yet another NC reactor control fit, but far fewer capital modules; it's actually only 2% over on grid with the RCU offlined. Waste of a perfectly good lowslot, honestly.
* PL Apostle -- Two empty highs, smartbombs/etc are clearly overrated
* PL Thanatos -- capital AB is weird, but okay, I can at least see where he was going with this one
* PL Revelation -- Not HAW -- no capital capacitor mods, but tbh, he was disconnected, so he'd have died anyways
* NC Apostle -- Yet another weird NC one
* PL Thanatos -- Mixed shield and armor tank
* PL Apostle -- Semi standard three rep fit

So, not only are they widely inconsistent, but the dreads who were dropped to blap hurricanes were predominantly not fitted with HAWs.

The NCDOT Apostle fit is probably the weirdest of this session -- they all have reactor controls fit. I'm trying to think of the bright side of it, and well, some of them have managed to successfully fit a metric buttload of capital modules onto one hull. (Others have it just vestigally -- i.e. one guy's only 2% over on grid without the RCU.) I think most of them are there because they're trying to fit the anti-DD hull energizer module to every Apostle... which makes no sense at a planning level, because who's gonna attempt to driveby a NC FAX in the North? It's not like Goons are throwing around supers (other than Zungen), and NC's blue to anyone else in the area with supers.

Like, I know that we're the Hivemind on Theorycraft Mountain in Goonlandia and we're total idiots who never do anything sensible, but we've been hearing for months that we're screwed because everyone else in the game is standardizing on the best capital fits and will be prepared... so what is this?

They have no SRP thus can fit their stuff the way they want.(Badly)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Numismancer posted:

Let's see, enemies declaring victory and leaving (TEST, other random garbage), enemies fighting each other instead of us (Snuff/Shadow Cartel, TISHU vs Culture), increased desperation from Horde as they can't decide between us being totally ineffective and begging for PL to save them (or now having PL beg to get bailed out from 'the next BR-5'), GSF and friends retaining the ability to flashform 3 fleets to facefuck overconfident bad guys with.

It's almost like we spelled out that we'd be executing a Fabian strategy and have done exactly that since the C02 backstab, and all what we've predicted is coming to pass.

But isn't a strategy considered better when it works? :v:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

How do you feel about turning Goons into BoB?

Also why were you always on me for being EO2.0 cause that never played out you see insert tilde character here. If you actually played the game you'd have known blackops under TheAdj was awful and full of failures post EO and no one wanted to join that flaming mess willingly.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Super.Jesus posted:

They have no SRP thus can fit their stuff the way they want.(Badly)

We actually have SRP for Caps.

It's almost as if it were the functioning point of the alliance.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jm20 posted:

Also why were you always on me for being EO2.0 cause that never played out you see insert tilde character here. If you actually played the game you'd have known blackops under TheAdj was awful and full of failures post EO and no one wanted to join that flaming mess willingly.

guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys you're too meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean you're the new bob

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

so you have srp that lets you fit really shittily?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Xolve posted:

im not sure i would describe those caps as functioning

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

jm20 posted:

pretty good, we're better at being bob than bob was, and we didn't even need ccp dev spawned T2 BPOs to do it

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

They are the global elite so it is probably a test to see if to are pro enough to fit your cap by yourself or else

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Well- the 3 caps that were properly fit/mid-refit will have SRP.

The rest will just ride out insurance (which is actually pretty decent for FAXs)

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

jm20 posted:

I had a poo poo ton of fun in theadjops and we killed a lot of stuff. It kept me subbed to the game.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yeah, theadjops was pretty cool, we killed phreeze's alliance in cobalt edge on the back of angry sin apefuck power

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Glory of Arioch posted:

pretty good, we're better at being bob than bob was, and we didn't even need ccp dev spawned T2 BPOs to do it

Maybe you're spacepoor, but isk hasn't been a problem since the supercap race started in 2010/2011.

evilweasel posted:

guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys you're too meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean you're the new bob

You've become what you fought against for years, perhaps out of necessity but perhaps you are not objective to see it. Perhaps it is tilde Evolution tidle

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Krogort posted:

They are the global elite so it is probably a test to see if to are pro enough to fit your cap by yourself or else

Whoever said we were elite?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

dragonstalking posted:

They keep reminding us how awesome we are, just go with it.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Speaking of Evolution, Lady Scarlett is taking your space :psypop:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

jm20 posted:

Maybe you're spacepoor, but isk hasn't been a problem since the supercap race started in 2010/2011.

woosh

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

dragonstalking posted:

About every snigg member that ever posted on reddit, a bad forum.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jm20 posted:

You've become what you fought against for years, perhaps out of necessity but perhaps you are not objective to see it. Perhaps it is tilde Evolution tidle

oh no the shitlords attacking us think it is us who are the shitlords :ohdear:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

hes in darius corp

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Krogort posted:

About every snigg member that ever posted on reddit, a bad forum.

Post some links, name and shame dude, Grath will have a good laugh at them after last night.

Unless you're just making poo poo up. :ohdear:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

evilweasel posted:

I thought it was because you tried some lowsec crusade for isk not because you have hoovered up every pubbie that wants to rat in deklein or be a buffer alliance to goonswarm federation which is in no way related to goonswarm.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I for one am shocked that a noted delvegoon lovely personality would follow Darius

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jm20 posted:

I thought it was because you tried some lowsec crusade for isk not because you have hoovered up every pubbie that wants to rat in deklein or be a buffer alliance to goonswarm federation which is in no way related to goonswarm.

GUYS WE ARE THE TRUE GOONSWARM WHY ISNT EVERYONE JOINING US

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

VideoGames posted:

Please simmer down friend.

Sure - no problem VG. I understand you need to maintain a modicum of decorum here and I'm sure that the others are above the fray and there's no reason to worr-

Oodles posted:

I will buy you your first Exhumer if you probate paco. I might even bling fit it.

Carth Dookie posted:

I'll buy VG a boosting Orca and a character to fly it in exchange for banning him.

:cripes:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

jm20 posted:

like are you just cruising through the old thread and replaying all the tired old arguments that were used 4 months ago or what is this

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

jm20 posted:

I'm not sure this will ever not be funny.

What do people actually think BoB were that resembles modern goons/GSF/Teh Imperium/whateverthefuck in any way? Is this simply a 'BoB were bipedal carbon based life forms and so are goons ERGO' thing?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Helicon One posted:

I'm not sure this will ever not be funny.

What do people actually think BoB were that resembles modern goons/GSF/Teh Imperium/whateverthefuck in any way? Is this simply a 'BoB were bipedal carbon based life forms and so are goons ERGO' thing?

every time someone tries to use "you're the new bob!!!!!" all it does is fill me with a warm fuzzy glow about how completely we dragged their name through the mud after we won

nobody ever knows what they mean by that statement, just that being bob is bad

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

jm20 posted:

Speaking of Evolution, Lady Scarlett is taking your space :psypop:

is it a surprise she's expanding

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

evilweasel posted:

every time someone tries to use "you're the new bob!!!!!" all it does is fill me with a warm fuzzy glow about how completely we dragged their name through the mud after we won

nobody ever knows what they mean by that statement, just that being bob is bad

In that Bob abused their allies, stagnated their leadership and got inside knowledge and resources due to their involvement to CCP. Isn't that why being BoB is bad?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am afraid, colleagues, I would never probate or ban someone for the promise of rewards.
Even if I did probate someone, I would decline any gifts afterwards because it would be so unjust and unchill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
there are a couple ways to gently caress up your narrative: not allowing for failures and losses by claiming to be the best and indomitable, and taking propaganda so far that you lose touch with reality and set your members up for disappointment.

• Locked thread