Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The mutsuki is surprisingly fun as long as you can keep from getting spotted, the 10km torps, even though they're slow as balls, are great for murking dumb rear end BB drivers. Even thoguh they can see them a million miles away they still sail right into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Last Stand for the Koenigsberg--yes or no? I'm having difficulty deciding between that or the turret turn time reduction.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
0.5.6 PT just popped up, c/p from reddit, 1 battle on PT gets you 3x all flags, 10 wins gets you 1 day premium.

quote:

0.5.6 Public Test #1

Test Start: 19/05/2016 @ 00:30 UTC+8

Test End: 23/05/2016 @ 21:00 UTC+8

Anti-Air Guns / Secondary Battery Rebalancing & Ship Status Changes

The items indicated below will have their status rebalanced:

Soviet Anti-Air Guns

46-K, 66-K, 70-K

Soviet Ships

Udaloi, Svietlana, Molotov, Moskva

German Ships

Karlsruhe, Königsberg, Nürnberg, Admiral Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg, Tirpitz

American Ships

Omaha, Cleveland, South Carolina, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, North Carolina, Iowa, Montana, Saipan

Japanese Ships

Katori, Kuma, Furutaka, Aoba, Myogi, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi

New Permanent Camoflauge

Added new permanent Camoflauge for ships indicated below:

Yorck, Hiryu, Roon, Hatsuharu, Myoko, Shchors, Dmitri Donskoi, Kiev, Ranger, New York, Cleveland, Texas

Updated Interface

Added more information in the post-battle result screen.

Added additional information that could be displayed on the mini-map. Information to be displayed can be selected from the options.

New Maps

New maps will be introduced in the 0.5.6 Public Test server.

Map "Okinawa", For Tier VII - Tier X

Map "Estuary" , For Tier VII - Tier IX

Map "Neighbors", For Tier VII - Tier X

Map "New Land", For Tier VII - Tier X

check out this fukkin post battle report screen :eyepop:

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 17, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

MREBoy posted:

0.5.6 PT just popped up, c/p from reddit, 1 battle on PT gets you 3x all flags, 10 wins gets you 1 day premium.

Nice.

Also, I might buy perma-camo for the Roon since I plan to keep it.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

wdarkk posted:

Nice.

Also, I might buy perma-camo for the Roon since I plan to keep it.

I was just thinking about this, this now matches what is in WoT currently, in that you can get a full breakdown of what everyone in the match did stats wise. The ships above are probably 1st/2nd/3rd place for doing X/Y/X in-match type stats.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Minenfeld! posted:

Last Stand for the Koenigsberg--yes or no? I'm having difficulty deciding between that or the turret turn time reduction.

Last Stand on everything ever.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Minenfeld! posted:

You'll regret not getting the turret speed skill when you get to the York.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Minenfeld! posted:

Koenigsberg and Nurnberg rudder/engine are notoriously fragile so I would say if you are going to keep the captain in them, Last Stand. But from Yorck onwards thats not an issue so Expert Marksman IMO. Yorck turrets were buffed and are much faster than Myoko, but Yorck IMO is one of the best DD hunters and every turret speed buff helps.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
Just coming back to this. St Louis still OP? Do I brawl with it?

V that's what I was after. Thank you, and also thank you for keeping the game alive.

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 17, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

stephenfry posted:

Just coming back to this. St Louis still OP? Do I brawl with it?
I just played in a game with my St Louis, I was the only Tier III in a field of up to Tier V ships, and I managed around 40k damage with 3 killing shots, including taking out a tier V DD that was hunting me by myself. St Louis still punches above its weight, even if I heard it was nerfed.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
There might be some interesting changes to the way you lose (or don't lose in this case) stars for the next season. Apparently they are adding a mechanism by which the top player of the losing team or losing team player that achieves a certain number of x (xp or dmg or who knows) doesn't lose a star. Don't know if it will start this upcoming season or not.

Also got second in the Omaha in-game contest this weekend and got 3000 dubs, 14 days premium, a port slot, and 25 of each flag which puts me at 115 papa papas that I should probably use.

The Omaha top 25 started at 101,000 dmg in a single match and topped out at 153,000. The minekaze half of the contest had the the lowest person with 153,000 dmg and top out at 197,000. The person that was sixth in the Minekaze had something like 21 torpedo hits and 183,000 damage in a single match which gives you an indication of how bad some BB drivers can be.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Apparently the same gun with the same shells and ballistics. Just that since you are a tier 6, you can beat up on all the battleships with ap as well. I can't decide on my gun mod though for it. One the one hand, accuracy seems to be the usual standby, but I'm wondering if the penalty to reload is worth a bit faster turret traverse as my first game had my moving around a bit which ended up with me shooting multiple times from the rear turret only due to the front turrets taking time to rotate around.

Also, that price is very interesting. $23 for the ship or $29 for the ship, some modules you would have probably put on it anyway and 30 days of premium as well. That is a much better deal compared the usual rate hike over the base ship and those came with flags.

Where are you seeing that $29 deal for the Molotov? I'm only seeing the $23 one for the ship and port slot, so is this just the NA server getting hosed over yet again?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I'm seeing lots of shitters doing badly in the Molotov and/or complaining that it's a terrible ship. :allears:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Where are you seeing that $29 deal for the Molotov? I'm only seeing the $23 one for the ship and port slot, so is this just the NA server getting hosed over yet again?

That WAS the NA server I was quoting actually:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/premium-ship-spotlight-molotov/

Look down and it is the 3rd one. I'm not sure why it got removed, but it got removed it seems. Which is a shame. That, or because it is limit one, I don't see it as it is the version I grabbed.

Edit:

MREBoy posted:

Sooo, what is changing with soviet AA guns? I am serious on this because one of the ships listed is.. the Molotov. You know, the ship considered having pretty bad AA currently but otherwise owns bones.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

My understanding is some of the lower caliber AA guns (like the Soviet 37mms) are getting a range buff to 3.2 or something like that

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

JuffoWup posted:

Look down and it is the 3rd one. I'm not sure why it got removed, but it got removed it seems. Which is a shame. That, or because it is limit one, I don't see it as it is the version I grabbed.

It's showing up fine for me.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

...It wasn't. For some idiotic reason they just don't have the other deals listed in the actual shop(which was where I was looking), the only way to get to them is through there.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

The "good" deals dont show up for me unless I am logged into the website, which is a pretty dumb design

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

Koenigsberg and Nurnberg rudder/engine are notoriously fragile so I would say if you are going to keep the captain in them, Last Stand. But from Yorck onwards thats not an issue so Expert Marksman IMO. Yorck turrets were buffed and are much faster than Myoko, but Yorck IMO is one of the best DD hunters and every turret speed buff helps.

It's just gonna be a Koenigsberg captain, so I think I'll go with Last Stand.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
They're adding a lot of the premiums to the tech tree soon according to a dev. Get those doubloons ready.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Lol, apparently high tier US BBs are getting a small accuracy buff. This should be interesting.

And by interesting, I mean I hope high tier CA players are ready for a maybe good Montana.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Apparently the Indianapolis gimmick will be to be the only T7 cruiser with a radar, making it possibly the best cruiser for ranked.
From the "news from ru forum" thread on eu forum so not 100% certain.

Also the grems is apparently op and will never be sold again.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Am I correct in guessing you drive a Molotov just like a Moskva and engage the same way? Max range cruisers with your Laser-Guided Communist Hammers?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Krogort posted:

Apparently the Indianapolis gimmick will be to be the only T7 cruiser with a radar, making it possibly the best cruiser for ranked.

My wallet is ready.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Krogort posted:

Also it has armour way better than the Pensacola, and marginally better than the Northampton when that finally happens.

Of course I just like the look of the ship, it's got that same aggressive clipper bow as the New Mexico and Colorado

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 18, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

loving micropatch again, all mods broken again :negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That's exactly why they do it too

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Victor Surge posted:

They're adding a lot of the premiums to the tech tree soon according to a dev. Get those doubloons ready.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/79890-premium-ships-moving-to-the-tech-tree-soon/

:parrot:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Krogort posted:

Also the grems is apparently op and will never be sold again.

Wonder if they're gonna pull a Type 59 with the Grem and not sell it but give them away as prizes.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
As a newbie who's only gotten to Tier V, I've gotta say the molotov is the most fun I've had thus far

I probably won't play anything else unless I grind out free XP to get to one of those super good late tier ships you guys are always talking about

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
There are plenty of good mid-tier ships. Kongo, Fuso, Nagato (upgrade to the B hull immediately on all 3 of those), Omaha, Cleveland, Konigsburg, Nuremberg, New Mexico (not quite as good as the Fuso).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ItheWelp87 posted:

As a newbie who's only gotten to Tier V, I've gotta say the molotov is the most fun I've had thus far

I probably won't play anything else unless I grind out free XP to get to one of those super good late tier ships you guys are always talking about

High five, premium-only buddy!

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
If we're loving on mid tier, I gotta say the Texas(New York) and Minekaze are my two faves. I have 14 point captains in them, which helps, but those two ships are basically why I play WoWS. My Iowa isn't nearly as fun.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That's because the Minekaze is basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSqCJ-UGYns

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

MrKatharsis posted:

If we're loving on mid tier, I gotta say the Texas(New York) and Minekaze are my two faves. I have 14 point captains in them, which helps, but those two ships are basically why I play WoWS. My Iowa isn't nearly as fun.

Yeah, actually I'll have to revise my previous statement. I literally unlocked the New York 30 minutes ago, and this is also a loving blast.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

loving micropatch again, all mods broken again :negative:

I still don't understand what the hell they do that manages to gently caress all the mods up every time..

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

I have always wanted a Tirpitz.

But it's going to cost me...

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

demonR6 posted:

I still don't understand what the hell they do that manages to gently caress all the mods up every time..

The singular patch note for 0552 was to fix the one spawn point on the "Mountain Range" map, which was located on an island rather than on the water. But they always throw in updated client scripting files along the way, and believe it or not, whether or not a mod script has the correct client version in it can determine if it breaks or not. The code can be 100% the same but client vs mod version mismatch makes it go bonkers. There has been at least one known episode where a slight difference in client version between servers caused some mods to work fine on EU but not NA.

E2A: I was checking out the patch file contents, as usual. The two biggest files in the updates today (in term of space used) were an updated libcef.dll @ 56MB and some .bnk files @ 59MB. The one file needed to fix the spawn point problem clocks in at 400 bytes.

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 18, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm not surprised the shitters are complaining about the Molotov. Can't make some people happy, I suppose.

It is a very fun ship and yes, I'll probably plunk down :20bux: on the Indianpolis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

That's because the Minekaze is basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSqCJ-UGYns

My experience is more like that scene from Hot Shots Part Deux where Topper shoots a dozen arrows at an oblivious guard who dodges each one completely by chance. "Torpedoes away...oh, they started turning. Torpedoes away....oh, they started turning" and so on.