Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

britishbornandbread posted:

Wales have the most expensive player in the world playing the best football of his life at Real Madrid, and Joe Allen.

That's a Joe Allen better than Portugal have ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Wayne Rooney will perform at the Euros

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Wayne Rooney had scored in every euros he has played in.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Wayne Rooney is not better than the options up front and is no where near disciplined enough to play in midfield. Putting him in the starting eleven is insane. It's also what Hodgson will do.

GK- Hart. Forster is not much of a step down but Hart has experience at this level and hasn't been a disaster for England at all.

RB- Clyne. Not as good going forward as Walker but very rarely makes mistakes and is an excellent defender.

LB- Rose/Bertrand. Neither are amazing but better than other options until Shaw is back.

CB- Smalling. England's best centre back.

CB- Cahill. Better than any of the other options.

DM- Dier. Been excellent all season

CM- Alli. Good attacking threat and works hard.

CM- Drinkwater. Knows how to play in a team that doesn't need possession and is in great form.

AM- Lallana. Flawed but has an insane work rate and is in good form.

ST- Vardy. In form, lightening quick, great work rate

ST- Kane. Best finisher in the league, amazing form.

England aren't going to out play the top sides so play counter attacking football. The players are there to do it.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It feels dumb to discount Rooney's experience and leadership and the fact he's played well for United in recent weeks in midfield and has a good range of passing.

He shouldn't be starting up front given the options but just handwaving him off with a "he's poo poo" is becoming a TRP meme.

The preferred choices for the positions you could see Rooney in have all played a poo poo load of football this season and the Spurs players being lauded completely loving collapsed under pressure and fatigue and ended up finishing behind an Arsenal team everyone knows are poo poo, when it was completely within their control to push Leicester to the wire. Referees at the Euros will be far less forgiving than Premier League refs, there needs to be a mix of seniority and youth in the side for it to be balanced and make sure players like Alli don't lose their cool and get a straight red.

Wilshere's inclusion is ridiculous. I can understand Rashford being in the 26 for some experience, I very much doubt he'll be in the 23.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 17, 2016

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

It feels dumb to discount Rooney's experience and leadership and the fact he's played well for United in recent weeks in midfield and has a good range of passing.

He shouldn't be starting up front given the options but just handwaving him off with a "he's poo poo" is becoming a TRP meme.

The preferred choices for the positions you could see Rooney in have all played a poo poo load of football this season and the Spurs players being lauded completely loving collapsed under pressure and fatigue and ended up finishing behind an Arsenal team everyone knows are poo poo, when it was completely within their control to push Leicester to the wire. Referees at the Euros will be far less forgiving than Premier League refs, there needs to be a mix of seniority and youth in the side for it to be balanced and make sure players like Alli don't lose their cool and get a straight red.

Wilshere's inclusion is ridiculous. I can understand Rashford being in the 26 for some experience, I very much doubt he'll be in the 23.

Agree in the Wilshere thing.

As for Rooney do you think he should be anywhere near the starting line up? I don't think he's poo poo and he should definitely be in the squad but there are much better options in the positions he'd likely play.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Good post Ewar.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
We generally draw at least one minnow game so will finish the group on 5 points. Then Ali, Vardy and Walker will all be sent off at the knockout stage.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Just did the excel spreadsheet wallchart and had England losing to penalties to Portugal in the quarter finals. It would be ten years to the day it happened at the World Cup. Narrative.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

britishbornandbread posted:

Just did the excel spreadsheet wallchart and had England losing to penalties to Portugal in the quarter finals. It would be ten years to the day it happened at the World Cup. Narrative.

Not just ten years. Ten years of hurt

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Ninpo posted:

It's very important to look at the seasons form which is why Spurs players must not go: finished 3rd instead of second, mentally weak bitches who will cry. Also why Rooney must go: drops deep into midfield and slices the ball on the diagonal to the winger every single time and I'm not sure that the better players we could take have the mental resolve to handle getting frustrated and kicking out at someone when they've been playing poo poo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
There are at least ten English midfielders in the Premier League better at the job than Rooney has been when playing there for United this season.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rooney should prob be in the squad but def not starting.

I think it's a little silly not to take one of Defoe or Carol, but we cannot take everyone.

Just so long as that loving band gets nowhere near the stadiums I'll be happy.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

sassassin posted:

There are at least ten English midfielders in the Premier League better at the job than Rooney has been when playing there for United this season.

That's definitely true. Wilshere being one.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Can you smell it?

It's the smell of it coming home. It's coming home.

Football's coming home. It's coming home.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Rooney should only play in qualifiers when he can bang in penalties against san marino and Slovenia imo

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

50 years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The hurt will end soon.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
code:
its coming home
its coming home
its coming
footballs coming home

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

The hurt will end soon.

death is inevitable

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hey guys I got a tattoo in preperation for this summer what do you think?

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
When bravery winks at you,

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
schweinsteiger is in the german euro squad lol

at least they have a rooney too

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Honowi Biaoery Pude indeed

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Blue Star Error posted:

Honowi Biaoery Pude indeed

Roy Hodgson's account spotted

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

TelekineticBear! posted:

Anyone saying Wilshere should be anywhere near the squad is to be frank a loving idiot, hes played one game of football all season, has got progressively shitter year after year because he peaked when he was 19 and has been embarrassing himself ever since. Hes a scummy entitled prick who has fluked his way into the position hes in and if he played for a real football team he would be warming the physio table for a lower half team and we'd thankfully never have to his name or say his terrible performances again

it's the opposite
class is permanent, a half-fit Wilshere is a better player than Drinkwater and typical England dross

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ragle posted:

it's the opposite
class is permanent, a half-fit Wilshere is a better player than Drinkwater and typical England dross

Source your quotes.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Source your quotes.

stfu

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Just watched the video compilation of all Wilshere's touches vs. St Albans u-18 reserves hosted over at /r/gunners and I have to say he looked well class and needs to be on the plane, said the diabetic computer man from his IT office in Florida

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

ragle posted:

it's the opposite

That would be great if he could even get to half fit.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I feel like I already made this exact post itt, but Wilshere is a decent player. For some reason, his reputation has grown since he got injured, and people only seem to remember him bossing Barcelona at like 18 or whatever. He was never really able to play like that again, and wasn't even starting for Arsenal the last time he was healthy. He's also a weird player who doesn't fit into a lot of systems. He should probably start for England if he is ever able to string together a decent run of games, but he doesn't have any business being at the euros this year.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
last year he played like 8 out of 10 england games and did well

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Not just ten years. Ten years of hurt

Ronaldo did nothing wrong.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

JFairfax posted:

last year he played like 8 out of 10 england games and did well

a scarecrow with cystic fibrosis could have done well against thoise parttimers tbf

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Breath Ray posted:

a scarecrow with cystic fibrosis could have done well against thoise parttimers tbf

Hahah this is probably true

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

class is permanent

hargreaves for england

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

loving Garth Brooks

I meant crooks but gently caress it

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

loving Garth Brooks

I meant crooks but gently caress it

that lineup was voted by the people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Weaponized Cum posted:

that lineup was voted by the people

Well yeah maybe if you interpret the stats in a really stupid way.

• Locked thread