Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

This is because I run things [...] incompetently

glad u admit it at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Videos Games is a nice mod and if you end up on his bad side you might want to reevaluate your posting :)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PantsBandit posted:

Homefront is apparently poopy garbage which is unsurprising but I wish we had a game that filled the gap of "hardcore stealth FPS", as weird as that genre sounds. I always liked the stealth aspects of the Fary Cry games, surveying bases and trying to work your way through goons to leave as little resistance as possible. But halfway through those games you end up with 50 weapons that can rain hell-fire on enemies anyways so what's the point?

it sucks because if it had fixed of the tecnical poo poo it would have been ok. I like what its trying to do with enough patchs it might be a 7. someday. the only review i didnt agree with was the eurogamer one. because it pissed that resistance movement hosed up colaborators(they do in real life, just ask the vichy) and using the word norks. it just seemed dumb.

Zaphod42 posted:

Also Russians and Terrorists (especially Russian Terrorists!), but I guess those count as 'war criminals' potentially.

serbian i believe. thats what its strongly alluded too.

bloodychill posted:

Elena becomes a war correspondent by the second game and part of her arc through the games is that she is a definite adrenaline junkie and we don't know much about what she did before the first game. It's a plothole but not an egregious one.

this. she had done dangerous assignments before uncharted 1 and does them exclusively afterward.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Videos Games is a nice mod and if you end up on his bad side you might want to reevaluate your posting :)

i also thought this until this recent pair of probies which are obviously a result of either maliciousness or a lack of attention to when posts were made in relation to previous punishments, which in either case prove that both VG and the other one who never posts should be removed in favour of me

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Stux posted:

actually i think VideoGames is an important subject for example how the mod VideoGames gave me a probie for spelling on one post for 6 hours, then the next day gave me another 6 hour probation for a post i made before the one that was originally hit. it feels indicative of the lax attitude to detail in the moderation team where the right thinking good posters such as myself are hit by lazy and inaccurate probies while notable bad posters are free to use slurs and tell people to kill themselves all day. food for thought imo. bring back kewpuh.

You could always just dial back the misspelling gimmick.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

No one thinks about the minions anymore

Pour one out for 24 :rip:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Is this thread....

bad?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

You could always just dial back the misspelling gimmick.

well if u owned even an iota of reading comprehension you would see that the entire issue is that i did as asked, and was then retroactively probied for a post i had made before i was asked to stop. unfortunate that bad reading skills and total lack of brain activity seems to be ubiquitous in this forum imo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

littleorv posted:

Is this thread....

bad?

It's good, like video games.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Stux posted:

well if u owned even an iota of reading comprehension you would see that the entire issue is that i did as asked, and was then retroactively probied for a post i had made before i was asked to stop. unfortunate that bad reading skills and total lack of brain activity seems to be ubiquitous in this forum imo.

Sounds like the solution is for you to stop posting.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Sounds like the solution is for you to stop posting.

hmm yes thank u rando egg white noise nobody for your input. i will take it into consideration before disregarding it as u hold no sway or power over the righteous and correct actions of posters such as myself

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

littleorv posted:

Is this thread....

bad?

It is a thread on the SA Games forum. I'll give you one guess.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

Actually, I probated you the first time because reading your posts was very difficult to do.
Then this morning I saw a brand new report, reporting your badly spelled posts. I thought another one might just drive the point home that it is a very poor gimmick.

I have no issues if you think I am a poor moderator - this does not bother me. The only thing that does is when posters make the forum a poor place for others to read. I am trying to help it do well for the majority and not the minority.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nobody cares Stux

Here's a secret: mods aren't robots that just follow rules and dole out punishments when certain parameters are broken. They are people and if your a deliberately bad annoying poster they will probate you for the hell of it and they're allowed to because that's how this forum works and how it always has worked.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Stux posted:

I dunno Stux, maybe folks would stop treating you like poo poo if you just stopped shitposting. Like bringing up that you got probated in the general games chat.

What game(s) are you playing currently Stux?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Actually, I probated you the first time because reading your posts was very difficult to do.
Then this morning I saw a brand new report, reporting your badly spelled posts. I thought another one might just drive the point home that it is a very poor gimmick.

I have no issues if you think I am a poor moderator - this does not bother me. The only thing that does is when posters make the forum a poor place for others to read. I am trying to help it do well for the majority and not the minority.

hmm.. bald faced admittance of poor practice and purposefully bringing personal feelings into the job rather than using consistent and useful punishment to affect change... all the hall marks of a complete bad mod and poster... seems like its time for a change of moderation team yet again imo...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Nobody cares Stux

Here's a secret: mods aren't robots that just follow rules and dole out punishments when certain parameters are broken. They are people and if your a deliberately bad annoying poster they will probate you for the hell of it and they're allowed to because that's how this forum works and how it always has worked.

you say this and yet u yourself stand here, posting and unbanned. clearly the criteria is not being a bad poster at all, but the mod team playing favourites... that u stand with them instead of with the masses shows you as nothing more than a coward...

first they came for me, and u all said nothing. remember this in the future when you are posting in a dystopian hellscape of a forum...

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Uhhhhhhh, more like Sux. :iceburn:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Stux if the mods were doing their job a person with a rap sheet as long as yours that seems as determined not to learn and skirt the rules as you would have been permad months ago so maybe settle down

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux, I like you man, I don't even mind the spelling or anything, but c'mon, let's not poo poo up the thread with forums drama please. Let us instead discuss video games and how they are good.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

videogames and stux, what do they have in common ??

they're both good :P

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Nobody cares Stux

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
QTEs are fine when you're actually doing something radical and over the top, like when Chris punches the boulder in RE5 or everything in Asura's Wrath and also like every Platinum game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

Uhhhhhhh, more like Sux. :iceburn:

i must now endure ad hom attacks as well? im guessing this flagrant disregard for best practice and common courtesy will also be ignore by our mods... unbelievable that this is allowed to stand...

axleblaze posted:

Stux if the mods were doing their job a person with a rap sheet as long as yours that seems as determined not to learn and skirt the rules as you would have been permad months ago so maybe settle down

i guess you also think all criminals, no matter their crime, should be placed in indefinite detention as well rather than be rehabilitated back into society? what has happened to this forum...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Stux, please stop.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

QTEs are fine when you're actually doing something radical and over the top, like when Chris punches the boulder in RE5 or everything in Asura's Wrath and also like every Platinum game

I think it also helps when QTEs use buttons that make sense given the rest of the controls. Like, if you always use the X button to climb or jump in a game, then using it for a QTE that has you ascending something makes sense.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

We just wanted you to start spelling properly Stux.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Monkey Fracas posted:

They're also good for normal things like hugs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Nathan Drake is a huge rear end in a top hat and I don't wanna play as him

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oddium's gaming update May 17th 2016:

i have been playing:
nuclear throne / stellaris / stardew valley

thoughts:
nuclear throne rules
stellaris is really good but i put ~30 hours into it and now i'm going to wait for some patches probably
stardew valley is pretty good. i wish time stopped indoors or was just slower in general. Journey of the Prairie King is good

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Mash A to Save Earth

Broseph Brostar posted:

They're also good for normal things like hugs

there should just be a dedicated "Hug" button in almost every game really

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

thank you for reading. see you next time

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Monkey Fracas posted:

There's a QTE really early in Bayonetta that kind of comes out of nowhere and kills you if you fail it, it might be the worst thing I can think of about that entire game (which is great)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Anyways, if my car gets fixed in a timely manor today, I'm gonna play some PS4 Diablo 3 with one of my friends all day. I'm honestly surprised how much fun in having with it so far but with a controller it basically feels like an action RPG and I'm a sucker for those especially when cool loot is involved. We're not very far yet though and we'll probably restart with new classes today just so we can make sure we're playing what we like right now.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

From what I've heard Uncharted 4 sounds loving epic

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Are QTE's better when they have no failstate or when they do?

Most of the ones in Bayonetta 2(not all) just gave you extra halos when you do it and if you don't you still get the kill or proceed on with the cutscene if I remember correctly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Anyways, if my car gets fixed in a timely manor today, I'm gonna play some PS4 Diablo 3 with one of my friends all day. I'm honestly surprised how much fun in having with it so far but with a controller it basically feels like an action RPG and I'm a sucker for those especially when cool loot is involved. We're not very far yet though and we'll probably restart with new classes today just so we can make sure we're playing what we like right now.

you play games in your car ?? :eyepop:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Monkey Fracas posted:

In the age of VR, you will punch the boulder in RE5 and tear Cyclops' eyes out in God of War 7: Kratos' Bad Day at the Office.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

Nathan Drake is a huge rear end in a top hat and I don't wanna play as him

if it's any consolation I liked playing as doomguy, and doom, more than uncharted 4 but that probably certifies me for the guillotine in games court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

axleblaze posted:

I like Diablo 3 on PS4 a lot. I think a controller is an inferior input method if you're playing a Wizard using the ground-targeted AoEs they can do, like Blizzard or Meteor--it's totally playable, but not quite as easy as just pointing with a mouse--but it feels way better for melee characters and just as good for shooting projectiles. It's a really good time.

littleorv posted:

From what I've heard Uncharted 4 sounds loving epic

If you liked the previous Uncharted games, Uncharted 4 is a really great send-off and definitely improves on the gameplay of the series overall.

• Locked thread