Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Burkion posted:

Guys, Freezas can just go Gold and purple! It's the perfect power up
What's cool is that with Frost as a basis, you could build an entire moveset about debuffing now as an alternative to Golden Frieza style transformations.

I hope Xenoverse 2 does that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't know how you'd implement it, but letting nameks become giant would be cool. Suddenly turn it into an Oozaru fight except you're the Oozaru.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't know how you'd implement it, but letting nameks become giant would be cool. Suddenly turn it into an Oozaru fight except you're the Oozaru.

Or they could do what heroes does with the god power ups and give namekians red eye.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Did Trunks tell Mai about the Saiyans etc on their many dates, because I don't get how Pilaf and co would even know what a Saiyan is. Last time they were around they thought Goten was Goku.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

projecthalaxy posted:

It shouldn't be too hard, just upscale the model on transformation, increase stats, bam. Make stamina lower while you're giant, and have each level of transformation make you bigger than the last.

Namekians immediately become fun to play because now you can be the giant monster!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Did Trunks tell Mai about the Saiyans etc on their many dates, because I don't get how Pilaf and co would even know what a Saiyan is. Last time they were around they thought Goten was Goku.

Considering how many times the phrase Super Saiyan was said around them I'm guessing they picked it up.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Had to look around, but I found it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

My favorite part about Xeno2 is that it would be completely canonical for them to allow you to customize the color of your top-tier frezza transformation. No reason you have to go Laker unless you really hate Saiyans too :v:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Super Kaioken Blue x10 anyone?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Xenoverse was a great game bogged down by a lot of dumb annoyances that could easily have been removed, hope they learned from the first one and will polish it up more

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

A lot of those annoyances were likely caused by them not having a great budget and their publisher making them rush the game out. Like, I feel comfortable betting that the grind was so ridiculous because of a last-minute decision to "extend the life of the game" because they couldn't get in some other stuff they wanted to.

Another example is that with some minor file tweaks, the regular clothing sets actually are recolorable already, another feature I'm sure was cut at the last minute because they were in such a hurry to get the game out the door.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Xenoverse being a huge success was a total surprise for everyone involved, so for a sequel they already know it's going to do really well and can put some extra time and money into making it even better

It's gonna be good stuff

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
it's releasing 2016, which means they spent/are spending only like a year on development for it. its probably just gonna be xenoverse but polished up a bit

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Thinking about how it's weird that everyone agrees Goku isn't the best dad even though Chi Chi isn't really a great parent either.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Law Cheetah posted:

it's releasing 2016, which means they spent/are spending only like a year on development for it. its probably just gonna be xenoverse but polished up a bit

Or they just waited a bit to announce it, it's not like it's an Uncharted or something that they would want to build hype for it over a period of several years and announce to their investors as soon as it has a graphics engine.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Law Cheetah posted:

everything is hosed forever

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If they just didn't have the RNG poo poo then Xenoverse would've actually been good so here's hoping it's not there

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Law Cheetah posted:

Even aside from what Augus said, "Xenoverse but polished up a bit" could be a really loving awesome game if the polish goes on the right spots.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Augus posted:

Or they just waited a bit to announce it, it's not like it's an Uncharted or something that they would want to build hype for it over a period of several years and announce to their investors as soon as it has a graphics engine.

this only makes sense if we were talking about the release of the first xenoverse game. the game that this is a sequel to only came out a year ago

what im saying is, temper your expectations

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My A-Number One kokoro wish for Xenoverse 2 is to not have any moves locked away from the player. I'll admit I don't really care about the clothes but not being able to do the Super God Fist is true injustice.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Clothes were whatever, but actual moves shouldn't have been locked to a loving rng hell. It becomes really easy to resent the game when you do everything it wants you to perfectly and then it decides "No you don't get this" at an 85% chance for one of the game's most prominent features.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Thinking about how it's weird that everyone agrees Goku isn't the best dad even though Chi Chi isn't really a great parent either.

It's hard being a single mother raising three boys.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Xeno was also really annoying with the "Mentor" system, and how obtuse it was to see if you actually were gaining ground with them. :( That grind was real and I still hate it. I have been trying to get Tien's Z-Soul for too long.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Goku isn't a bad parent, he's not a parent at all really. He is just the oldest child that Chi-Chi takes care of.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

Goku isn't a bad parent, he's not a parent at all really. He is just the oldest child that Chi-Chi takes care of.

basically true of all the greatest grandpas

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Regarding Xenoverse 1: Anyone know of double damage mods, in that both player and opposition take double damage? The one thing holding me back on loving the game is just how long the fights take.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR46WbmYFyQ

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

Clothes were whatever, but actual moves shouldn't have been locked to a loving rng hell. It becomes really easy to resent the game when you do everything it wants you to perfectly and then it decides "No you don't get this" at an 85% chance for one of the game's most prominent features.

I'd be happier if they replaced RNG with conditions for unlocking the moves, sort of like imposed challenges that are set that you need to beat.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that would have been better. like getting super vegeta only requiring you beat ss vegeta in that mission, rather than that unlocking the ability for it to maybe drop

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Chichi is barely a character to begin with

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chi-Chi apparently somehow raised Gohan to be a talented well-educated scholar who has a healthy stable family life despite him spending ages 6 to 11 fighting space monsters alongside Satan, a midget monk and several crazy space aliens.

She is a loving phenomenal parent apparently.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ImpAtom posted:

Chi-Chi apparently somehow raised Gohan to be a talented well-educated scholar who has a healthy stable family life despite him spending ages 6 to 11 fighting space monsters alongside Satan, a midget monk and several crazy space aliens.

She is a loving phenomenal parent apparently.

Goten fell through the cracks though :smith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gohan is a self made man. Chi-Chi is a tyrant.

She's like Lois from Malcolm In The Middle.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Chi-chi basically tricked a mentally retarded man into marrying her

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Law Cheetah posted:

Chi-chi basically tricked a mentally retarded man into marrying her

Oh, she's a terrible wife. Just awful.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Baal posted:

Pretty much. The side missions could be annoying as hell and the fact that the game would randomly decide to give you stuff, even upon fulfilling the conditions. How this made it in the game is baffling.

Edit- it'd honestly prefer a system in which you unlock stuff by playing the story, or some side missions and then you can use in game currency to buy the stuff you want. Problem solved.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know what would have been pretty cool?

Have Goku train ChiChi to be a better fighter.

She was arguably stronger than Yamcha (Big shock) back in Dragon Ball, and she has natural talent as a fighter.

It would have been way more interesting if she got involved in some of the action herself instead of acting like a lovely version of Bulma.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hahaha, a woman, involved in the action, in Dragonball. That's silly. You're silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

You know what would have been pretty cool?

Have Goku train ChiChi to be a better fighter.

She was arguably stronger than Yamcha (Big shock) back in Dragon Ball, and she has natural talent as a fighter.

It would have been way more interesting if she got involved in some of the action herself instead of acting like a lovely version of Bulma.

Lunch had more raw fighting talent than Chi-Chi, Tien should have trained her too. The could have fused and become a respectable fighter, Lunchi

• Locked thread