Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I doubt anyone would take it? Unless it were really obviously OP. With Anarchist, I've got basically infinite armor. With Grinder, infinite health. And deployables. What does Dozer armor bring to the table?

if it brought the dozer voice with it I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Charles Spencer Bush

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Not gonna lie. I'd play the poo poo out of Dozer armor with LMGs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

I doubt anyone would take it? Unless it were really obviously OP. With Anarchist, I've got basically infinite armor. With Grinder, infinite health. And deployables. What does Dozer armor bring to the table?

Hobold posted:

Not gonna lie. I'd play the poo poo out of Dozer armor with LMGs.

The answer appears to be "akimbo KSPs"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Assuming there could be a theoretical difficulty higher than Deathwish, depending on how hard cops hit a reverse dodge that is just the thickest armor that could take sniperfire, basic cop flak fire, dozer and most special fire and keep shooting longer than other players speaks for itself. Some people just like being the biggest motherfucker on the field using the biggest guns.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 17, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Crabtree posted:

Assuming there could be a theoretical difficulty higher than Deathwish, depending on how hard cops hit a reverse dodge that is just the thickest armor that could take sniperfire, basic cop flak fire, dozer and most special fire and keep shooting longer than other players speaks for itself. Some people just like being the biggest motherfucker on the field using the biggest guns.

From the recent Q&A with Jules:

quote:

new difficulty beyond dw? no, most likely is new difficulty between OVK & DW

So probably not.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It is a good decision to try finding something between overkill and DW because the former is becoming a joke while the latter is still "hide in a closet until fade and then run for it, but don't let skulldozers get in."

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

FAUXTON posted:

the latter is still "hide in a closet until fade and then run for it, but don't let skulldozers get in."

It actually is not.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Not everyone is as experienced in the fine art of cop slaughter as others.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Crabtree posted:

Would Dozer armor for players be fun now if it shredded and needed armor bags to refil it back to full iron man glory? It was an old idea we sort of kicked around back during the first thread for this game, but when the Q&A twitch stream talked about it, I don't know if I'd want extra heavy armor or not. I mean, it'd be nice for the armor bag to have a loving use in game, but just for that?

Should have to be an asset bag to re-gear and not a deployable imo. All maps with escape driver could get it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJQpQ3iTY8c same

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So im having a hard time determining what skills work with the Minigun and which ones dont. Im guessing the majority of things in the Oppressor tree in technician are lmg, smg, and auto rifle only.

Basically i need info for a really good Minigun build.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
hey INH go pitch your Gensec on Overkill mod to ... uh, Overkill. Basically that fits right between Ovk and DW and is probably exactly what they're looking for, inasmuch as it requires almost no new assets on their part! :v:

but also it's a good mod and anyone interested in stepping up to DW should try it if they are unwilling to have a trial by deathwish fire known as "wait, it spawns how many saiga dozers at once?"

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

FAUXTON posted:

It is a good decision to try finding something between overkill and DW because the former is becoming a joke while the latter is still "hide in a closet until fade and then run for it, but don't let skulldozers get in."

I just pubbed DW breakout with a firetrap/relentless/stockholm build with anarchist perk deck. It was a challenge with such a limited build but quite fun.

clockworkjoe fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 17, 2016

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Talkc posted:

So im having a hard time determining what skills work with the Minigun and which ones dont. Im guessing the majority of things in the Oppressor tree in technician are lmg, smg, and auto rifle only.

The mastermind(?) skills that boost accuracy/stab with all guns, ammo master or w/e its called, and aced bullet storm :flashfap:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Talkc posted:

You should probably grab ammo bags. IIRC, pickup rate on the Minigun is really bad right now. Any skills that buff weapon stability/accuracy would be good, but I think the Minigun is in a category of its own (read: not an assault rifle or LMG). You should also probably take Bloodlust aced with it, to speed up reloads.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Coming back to Payday 2 after a bit of a break due to real life. Reinstalling mods

So far I have:
BLT
Pocohud
Goonmod
http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=14867

What other mods do I need?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Best. Mod. Ever.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

thank you

Other mods? Lobby Player Info is pretty useful, if only as a way to see if you or your friends are bringing the right perk deck to a heist. And there's an extra skill builds mod that's really useful for dicking around with gimmick builds in the skill beta.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is it modchat time?

More Weapon Stats because obsessing over stats is the proper way to play
Drag & Drop Inventory because organizing guns is a pain otherwise
Bag Contour allows you to color bags by weight and includes a manual override so you can set specific bags to specific colors if you so wish. Never mix up thermal drills and loot bags again! Bodybag contours also disappear when the alarm goes off.
Enhanced Hitmarkers is my favorite crutch, personally
Loose Ammo Contours because hunting for crossbow bolts is suffering
Flashing Swan Song I can't get enough Contour mods

Everyone already knows how nice lobby player info is. I like BuildDB but I'm pretty sure it's not updated for the skill beta. Having all your gimmick builds two clicks away is really great.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 17, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lyrai posted:

Coming back to Payday 2 after a bit of a break due to real life. Reinstalling mods

So far I have:
BLT
Pocohud
Goonmod
http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=14867

What other mods do I need?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751994&pagenumber=150#post459335503 All of these.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is it modchat time?

Bag Contour allows you to color bags by weight and includes a manual override so you can set specific bags to specific colors if you so wish. Never mix up thermal drills and loot bags again! Bodybag contours also disappear when the alarm goes off.

Everyone already knows how nice lobby player info is. I like BuildDB but I'm pretty sure it's not updated for the skill beta. Having all your gimmick builds two clicks away is really great.

Echoing the use of all of these (although I've never used drag and drop, that sounds loving sweet). Plus Goonmod and Pocohud. That should get you all set for QoL stuff.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 17, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Let's look at the steam forums, shall we?

New thread by user Big Boss Kai:

quote:

A warning to the developers regarding the PD2 Steam market.
Before going in the subject, this is not an attempt at threatening Overkill or humiliate them. The devs have a "moral" duty of neutrality in not affecting the market and its events but as the ones who created it in the first place, they also have a duty of making it a safe platform and very stable, duty that shown mixed to weird results and have put the payday 2 steam market in a really awkward situation where it does "work" but barely and could be so much more.

To begin with the first issue and the worst one, it is the market hold that give nightmares to the payday 2 skin traders. We all understand that Valve has a politic of protecting players from hackers and scammers but this market hold just paralyze the market and dissuade players from opening safes since why bother opening them when they will lose most of their value next week when it will be marketable. I'm really focusing about this point since the CS:GO market doesn't have this issue and its costumers are free to buy or sell at anytime they want without that many restrictions. This proves the market hold has to be removed so the PD2 steam market can be faster and gives more interest into opening safes.

Second issue and this one is a tough one, it's the stat boosted skins or how Overkill literally shot themselves in the foot. We all remember the scandals provoked by those stat boosted skins, how they divided the community and all. The addition of free stat boosts was necessary and it fact it was a much better system than the skin one, giving you more freedom in min/maxing your weapons and removing any P2W aspect. Only big issue : it killed all reasons to buy stat boosted skins since you can get their "special feature" for free in-game. Why bothering paying more when you get the same results in the end ? If you're thinking this is non-sense, just look at the prices of the angry bear bernetti skins that were literally murdered (selling from 80€ to hardly more than 20€ now) or the inventory of our forum moderators, you'll see they will use mainly vanilla skins since they don't want to bother paying more. This issue is extremely worrying since Overkill basically backstabbed the very people who supported them and didn't bother finding a solution to make those stat boosted skins more interesting. Since we all know that adding gamepley-affecting features is not the answer, having something cosmetic on top of the boosts (no need to removing them) like a stat-track feature keeping the number of cops killed or DW heists completed would be an excellent compromise.

Third issue : the legendary skins balance. We all know they're supposed to be the holy grail, something to impress people and shine in lobbies but when your legendary skins have inferior stats to the normal weapons, it's just awful and doesn't push people into opening safes or buying them. This is a not a plead into making those skins OP and P2W but when you see the Alamo Dallas and the Hungry Wolf skins not reaching the 40 damage breakpoint, it really makes you wondering if the devs are aware of their own balance. The Alamo Dallas is really the most infuriating one since it's basically in terms of stats just a normal Kobus 90 with a scope and a Led combo, nothing more, nothing special, it's a downgrade to the other skins. Bonus points for the stability boost for the Pastrami skin since snipers just laugh at the stability stats due to how they work in this game, making the stat boosted version of this legendary pointless.

Fourth issue: The visual bugs on the skins. We can forgive the devs for small mistakes and all but there are like a dozen of skins who are clearly bugged and the lack of fix after those six months really is not a good point in the credibility of the art team of this game. It's understandable that not all patterns of pictures can be added on all weapon mods of a gun but when you see the BOOM-Deagle or the Grenade Repellant R93, we're reaching some really worrying points, the Safecrasher Car-4 being pure anger tier, especially for its price. We do see Valve throwing fixes for the cs:go fixes and the community love them for it and the market benefits a lot in the process so what's keeping you from fixing them and proving you do care about your products ?

I could have talked about how the balance of the game is affecting the prices of the skins, the need of security and anti-hacking measures, especially after some exploiters found a way to duplicate christmas and goat safes and drove the prices to the ground, ruining all the previous traders in the process but we all know the answer from them and they're working and trying on fixing those mistakes.

The payday 2 steam market can be something incredible and interesting but over the last months, the actions or mistakes of the devs have severely crippled it and we really need answers from them, especially since Payday 2 is close to the end of its life-time. Just ask any veteran players or traders about those issues, they will confirm that they're not normal and should be fixed as soon as possible.

New thread by user IT'S CALLED AMERICA:

quote:

My god, how can people stand Sydney? And the other females. (Special snowflakes)
She is just a terrible character, she looks like a 13 year old Tumblr obsessed kid, now if you dig her looks, then all the power to you, but it's just such a pandering trainwreck to those edgy wannabes out there, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard, it drives me mad everytime, and the worst of all, SHE DOES NOT SOUND AUSTRALIAN AT ALL, because she says crikey every so often does not make her Australian, she is just a higher pitched Clover and as flat and 1 dimensional as it gets, her pack is awful and Overkill is not even trying at this point.

Plus, you might find Sydney attractive, but I think she is ugly as sin, as with every female including Bonnie, who looks like a freaking man. Overkill, being feminine and kicking ♥♥♥ are not incompatible, you can still make a female character and let them act and look, you know, FEMALE, being feminine is not being a big breasted bimbo, but being something that when I gaze my eyes upon, LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN, and not a failed sex change operation (Looking at you Clover and Bonnie).

Look at the males, look at Chains, if overkill was too afraid to make the men manly, like they are with making the women feminine, Chains would be wearing a drat dress and pigtails, and we'd be supposed to believe that man is ex military. If Overkill keeps up making female heisters, how about you base one on a well balanced women, instead of an ogre (Bonnie) or a screeching teen (Clover, Sydney).

I mean, the men in Payday 2, look like average hard boiled criminals, the women look like special snowflakes straight out of the depths of the internet.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 17, 2016

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

PantsOptional posted:

Is it just me or are Sydney's voice lines really quiet?

My sound is kind of weird so when Sydney is more than a few feet away, her voice just sounds like angry squeaking and it's adorable. :3:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Discendo Vox posted:

No, lets not.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I was reading this article about games that had their steam review score change dramatically after release, and I thought for sure Payday 2 would be on their with all the sound and fury kicked up by the steam forums and reddit during the black market update. It wasn't even mentioned in passing though, which I found surprising. I checked the reviews on the store page and got to see first hand the power of reddit's review bombs:

Overall: 75% of the 205,337 user reviews for this game are positive
Recent: 81% of the 5,255 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive

:v: They sure did have a lasting impact.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

New thread by user Big Boss Kai:

It's not written eloquently but he's not exactly wrong with the points he brings up about the Payday 2 market. If you wanted to link dumb threads I'm surprised you didn't link the one about Sydney being trans.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

UnknownMercenary posted:

It's not written eloquently but he's not exactly wrong with the points he brings up about the Payday 2 market. If you wanted to link dumb threads I'm surprised you didn't link the one about Sydney being trans.

Is the market hold he's talking about just the one that applies to all market transactions if you don't use the mobile app to authenticate or is there something specific to PD2?

Also, Sydney being trans? Is this just a rehash of that "WHY DOESN'T CLOVER LOOK LIKE MEGAN FOX gently caress YOU OVERKILL" argument?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Having a trans heister would be unironically cool as heck, I don't care what the steam forums has to say about it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I just grabbed the top two at the time I posted. Feel free to link this trans one, though, it sounds channerific!

As far as I can tell, none of Kai's points are particularly meaningful. In general, he's arguing the opposite of the usual complaint about microtransactions- he wants skins to have ingame benefits so that there's arbitrage over them indefinitely, despite all the other harms that would cause.

1. The market hold is there to prevent fraud and cybercrime. He's massively overstating the item depreciation rate. The poster seems to think that there's a payday 2-specific 7 day hold independent of the authenticator restriction, but I have no reason to believe this is the case.
2. The stat boost thing makes no sense and is basically an excuse to use the word "backstab" a lot.
3. Complaining that Legendary skins aren't "balanced", i.e. aren't superior, and that this harms the market. This is an especially weird claim to make, given how immobile the legendary market already is. The model changes and rarity functions of legendary skins are already making it relatively hard to sell them on the market.
4. Complaining about skin bugs. No specifics given (he gives some later on, most of them aren't actually bugs, he just doesn't like how they look. In particular, he acts as if Overkill has the same resources as Valve for this sort of thing.

Geight posted:

Having a trans heister would be unironically cool as heck, I don't care what the steam forums has to say about it

They should just casually mention that one of the current heisters is trans- preferably Dallas or Chains, the resident hotties.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is it modchat time?

Quoting so I never lose this.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Geight posted:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Discendo Vox posted:

New thread by user IT'S CALLED AMERICA:

I'm confused why a fascist misogynist would play a game where you kill fascist misogynists.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just because Chains is ex-military he can't feel pretty now and again?

(I like this game a lot more than I used to, I'm not entirely sure why.)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

I just grabbed the top two at the time I posted. Feel free to link this trans one, though, it sounds channerific!
Here's the thread, go hogwild with it. It got locked within an hour of me finding it so unfortunately you can't shitpost in it anymore.

quote:

As far as I can tell, none of Kai's points are particularly meaningful. In general, he's arguing the opposite of the usual complaint about microtransactions- he wants skins to have ingame benefits so that there's arbitrage over them indefinitely, despite all the other harms that would cause.

1. The market hold is there to prevent fraud and cybercrime. He's massively overstating the item depreciation rate. The poster seems to think that there's a payday 2-specific 7 day hold independent of the authenticator restriction, but I have no reason to believe this is the case.
2. The stat boost thing makes no sense and is basically an excuse to use the word "backstab" a lot.
3. Complaining that Legendary skins aren't "balanced", i.e. aren't superior, and that this harms the market. This is an especially weird claim to make, given how immobile the legendary market already is. The model changes and rarity functions of legendary skins are already making it relatively hard to sell them on the market.
4. Complaining about skin bugs. No specifics given (he gives some later on, most of them aren't actually bugs, he just doesn't like how they look. In particular, he acts as if Overkill has the same resources as Valve for this sort of thing.

1. It's the generic 7 day trading *and* marketing hold that most Steam items have. It's not unique to Payday 2 but he's arguing to have the looser restrictions that CSGO items have, where they are marketable immediately but have 7 day trade holds. The rapid value depreciation only occurs for the commons and uncommons; they'll drop pretty fast within a couple of weeks. Combined with how often they drop, it's pretty hard to make a return on them if you rolled something terrible from a safe. I think adding tradeup contracts from CSGO would be a better fix, personally, although I would not mind a loosening of restrictions. For rares and epics, because of how much less often they drop, though, they will retain value longer.

2. There's no way to win here. Stat boosts were clearly a major issue, and any sane person will tell you that having them as free drops is much better. However he is right that people who paid more for them got the short end of the stick even if they're in the minority. Stat boost skins also have insanely inflated market value because they are technically rarer drops, but they also don't have actual value because the boosts are free drops and you can essentially change them at will unless you have a legendary skin. Almost nobody buys the drat stat boost skins anymore anyway; they are really hard to sell once you're past the "whales will buy anything" period of a new safe dropping. I'm just surprised they haven't rolled out with Stat-Trak yet since that's been floated as a replacement before, not just by the community but by Overkill developers too.

3. It's more that these particular legendaries have really bad stats that are worse than a modded version of the gun; not exactly asking for pay to win when they want an unmoddable gun to have roughly the same stats you can achieve normally. I didn't notice anything particularly egregious with any weapon except the Alamo Dallas, which almost the same as an unmodded Kobus 90: it's got the stats of one without any barrel or barrel extension so it has horrible accuracy and stability. I've been told the Hungry Wolf and Santa's Slayers don't have great stats either but looking at 'em they didn't seem that bad. I don't mod my LMGs for 39.9 damage either, so meh.

4. Yes it is not a bug, but it is an issue with certain skins, especially ones from the first few sets. Anything from Bodhi's safe onward usually does not have this issue, but I've talked about it at length with Cheeto. It's where changing the mods on any gun basically makes it lose its skin design. This doesn't affect all skins, just the rarer and more expensive ones.

See: R93 "Death From Above" with the Wooden Body, as the skin is designed for, and with the base body.

CAR-4 Safecrasher as it's designed (with horrible mod attachments) and an optimally modded CAR-4 with a Safecrasher skin attached.

KSG Raging Goat has no goat on it if you put on a short barrel

The tally marks and Swedish on the Commando Howl are only present on the default and crappy Commando-specific stock; if you put on any other they are gone.

I'm not going to buy a Grenade Repellent to prove a point, but I've seen what it looks like modded up. It comes with the default body as part of its design with a bright red color. Adding the wooden body makes it a pukey flesh color.

I'm surprised he didn't bring up skins where you cannot see the design at all as a point of contention. Case in point, the Mosconi Bullet Bear Gun where at no point can you actually see the bear on the gun. You do not lift the gun up far enough in the inspect animation/the bear on the gun is too far away so you can't see it. And of course, if you chop off the stock (like you should with a Mosconi) the bear decal is just gone entirely anyway.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
e:

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 17, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
So I'm really enjoying this, but being Bad˜ at FPS games, I just kind of want to stomp around with a shotgun and do objectives, so I need some survivability. Recommendations? I'm not necessarily opposed to having to get a perk deck or something if there's a completely set and forget stupid build.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
How the gently caress would they know that? I never alluded to using SAM at all, what the gently caress

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 17, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Orv posted:

So I'm really enjoying this, but being Bad˜ at FPS games, I just kind of want to stomp around with a shotgun and do objectives, so I need some survivability. Recommendations? I'm not necessarily opposed to having to get a perk deck or something if there's a completely set and forget stupid build.

Beta or non beta skill load out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

Beta or non beta skill load out?

Oh right sorry, beta.