Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious

i lurked for literally 5 minutes before i made my first post in football funhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

HighwireAct posted:

Just curious: how long did you guys spending lurking before you first posted in the other forums/subforums? I think I got a little too eager with the posting after I registered, and now it seems like a good idea to slow down and get a better grasp on the culture here before going forward anymore.

i did most of my lurking before making the account, i think since mid 2014. i still don't post much outside of the 'yob though.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
Yeah, it seems like it's really dependent on which subforums you're posting in. Different ones are going to hold you to different standards, so you've got to adjust your post quality to go along with that. I think I made the mistake of making threads waaay too early on.

the line between shitpost and good old college try is very thin

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

HighwireAct posted:

Just curious: how long did you guys spending lurking before you first posted in the other forums/subforums? I think I got a little too eager with the posting after I registered, and now it seems like a good idea to slow down and get a better grasp on the culture here before going forward anymore.

I lurked over my husband's shoulder for a while before getting my own account, and I didn't post much after that for a couple years. now I really only post here, in the art spots, and in PYF. oh or to make fun of star citizen.

cute anime girl

Skiddle bop scootle

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

HighwireAct posted:

:justpost:

bean mom

this is what I did.

Haven't been banned yet, so I consider it a success

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RyanJL/status/720872006535614464

----------------

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

thats a gr8 hedgehawg

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

alnilam

cute anime girl posted:

Skiddle bop scootle

scoodley doodley doodley doodley boodley doodley doodley doodley

bog pixie

HighwireAct posted:

im still a lurker

3D Megadoodoo

HighwireAct posted:

more than five years

cute anime girl

Closet Forum Lurker

Matoi Ryuko

cute anime girl posted:

Closet Forum Lurker

You're the nicest guy to ever come out of the closet lurker forum....

Macnult

HighwireAct posted:

Yeah, it seems like it's really dependent on which subforums you're posting in. Different ones are going to hold you to different standards, so you've got to adjust your post quality to go along with that. I think I made the mistake of making threads waaay too early on.

the line between shitpost and good old college try is very thin

Dude I wouldn't sweat it. You're literally an avatar away from being one of the quickest byob success stories I've ever witnessed.

BoldFrankensteinMir

HighwireAct posted:

I posted immediately in photoshop contests in GBS back in the day, and continued being a shitposting rear end in a top hat there and in CC (mostly Cinema Discusso) for years until one Christmas I way overdid it and had to back off a bit. I've been probated and have had a big red quote for being a moron, have lost IRL friends because of online shenanigans; my point is don't worry too much about loving up culturally here, it won't kill you.

Sig by Heather Papps

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

HighwireAct posted:

You shouldn't take poo poo from some backseat mods especially in a forum like Ask/Tell. That litany of gulps guy was being a condescending rear end in a top hat, and if you hadn't closed the thread I would have posted some choice words there. Also I just tried to report him for it, but looks like my Dare reports have used up my report quota for today. I think I'll pm a mod there.

You seem to be cool, and you shouldn't let shitstains dictate how you should post.

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 17, 2016

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hogge Wild posted:

You seem to be cool, and you shouldn't let shitstains dictate how you should post.

This is truth. That you are interested in maintaining standards in posting at all is far more than the average person brings.

Sig by Heather Papps

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
thanks guys!
in hindsight it seems like that response was prompted 99% because of my reg date, because this effort post ended up getting a pass somehow

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
Also HighwireAct, all the cool kids have avs, and if you want help about choosing one, go here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772789

And after that get a sig from here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772789

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 17, 2016

----------------

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

HighwireAct posted:

thanks guys!
in hindsight it seems like that response was prompted 99% because of my reg date, because this effort post ended up getting a pass somehow

lol i really want to know what it's called

i think that next i'll make a thread in Science, Academics and Languages

----------------

FluffieDuckie

hey guys, just a reminder.

before you make a thread look and see if there's a thread on the first page that's basically the same. we have several threads on the front page right now that are duplicates and i hate gassing newbie's threads or threads that have some funny stuff in them so they're just sitting there right now until someone gets frustrated enough to start mashing buttons

also if you just want to say hi, just use this thread. we don't need 10 "hi byob" threads clogging things up

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

note: the "someone" is probably me

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hogge Wild posted:

Also HighwireAct, all the cool kids have avs, and if you want help about choosing one, go here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772789

And after that get a sig from here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772789

Hogge Wild is correct, an avvy would help a lot. If you'd like, once you have an idea I'll animate it for you. Here's some avs I've done in the past:

Sig by Heather Papps

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FluffieDuckie posted:

hey guys, just a reminder.

before you make a thread look and see if there's a thread on the first page that's basically the same. we have several threads on the front page right now that are duplicates and i hate gassing newbie's threads or threads that have some funny stuff in them so they're just sitting there right now until someone gets frustrated enough to start mashing buttons

also if you just want to say hi, just use this thread. we don't need 10 "hi byob" threads clogging things up

hi

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Hogge Wild is correct, an avvy would help a lot. If you'd like, once you have an idea I'll animate it for you. Here's some avs I've done in the past:

woah

these are real good

alnilam

hi

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Hi!

shinmai

CHK Instruction
ahoy-hoy!

alnilam

(opera singing voice) helloooooooooooooo

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Hogge Wild posted:

Sick, thanks for the advice! Do you need a platinum account to get an avatar? If that's the case, I should probably upgrade first, but I'll definitely request a sig

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

hi byob!

no just get an av, it's like $5

hi how are you ♥

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

alnilam posted:

I'm currently studying for a networking cert, and every time the guy describes discovery between devices he screams "hellloooooooooooo" and you just reminded me of him

thanks

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got ARP on the mind

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
god dammit I hate being a nerd

so much studying needed to keep up on my nerd cred

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
my life is so empty

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Renegret posted:

god dammit I hate being a nerd

so much studying needed to keep up on my nerd cred

Just get a PhD, like me. Nerd cred 4lyfe.

----------------

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

sounds like work

Matoi Ryuko

alnilam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvCDHKYT3xQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What is your PHD in, Dr. Alhazred?

Sig by Heather Papps